Is phone sex cheating?

~Nicole~ 2008/03/08 18:01:01
yes
no

• Fef 2008/03/08 18:27:48
    yes
    Fef
    +54
    This action shows intimacy toward someone other than your partner. It causes jealously and could lead to bigger problems.

• Ashizzle 2012/12/20 04:46:21
    no
    Ashizzle
    What are you all, 18? I've been married seven years. I have never considered stepping out on my husband and I trust him enough to know he wouldn't cheat on me. He started working nights about a year ago and I rarely see him for more than a few groggy hours during the week. I have cyber sex all the time and I know he has too. We trust each other. We don't hide the Internet history. I have had phone sex too. I don't know if he has and I don't care. It's like watching porn. There's nothing wrong with self-gratification while your partner's away. Now obviously there's a fine line. I would consider sharing pictures or doing it on webcam cheating. It should be anonymous. Listening to a nameless voice over the phone so you can get off does not mean you're more likely to cheat. There's a big difference between holding a phone to your ear while you take care of business and unfaithfully spreading your legs for someone other than your partner.
  • reality 2012/09/01 12:37:05
    depends
    reality
    I found this a tough one to answer. I think it does depend on the couple. If you are doing it, it depends why you are doing it. Masturbation is a normal thing. Women and men do it, and each have difference methods for arousal. If a woman uses a vibrator, should her fella get jealous that another cock is involved? and if this girls fella is talking to someone on the phone he doesnt know, whilst touching himself, is he more of a cheat? If you go into anything lacking trust, respect and control (for yourself and others) then it is a risk at the end of the day. I personally do not think relationships work the way the world is today, and sex is for making babies, relaxing, and sharing. The main risk in all of this, is people getting hurt, but if you are in a relationship already, then you are gonna get hurt at some point. it is only a matter of time.
  • lalit 2011/04/27 11:30:26
    yes
    lalit
    hiiiii
  • Ike 2011/04/04 22:09:06
    no
    Ike
    Having read through 16 pages of other people's thoughts and comments, I'm just as conflicted as I was before. My ex-girlfriend has recently started calling me so she can "reminisce" about the things we did together. She has a boyfriend now, so I don't encourage her, but she thinks talking dirty to me is actually adding energy to her "real" sex life. He just doesn't arouse her like I can, so she takes that passion straight from our conversations to bed with him. I can't say it's healthy, but it doesn't feel like cheating. Exploring your own memories, even out loud, can't really be cheating, can it?
  • Luis Catarineau 2011/01/21 18:33:36
    no
    Luis Catarineau
    +1
    I don't feel that it is: It's kinda crazy though. Obviously we'd probably get jealous if our partner was doing that. Def not worth breaking up over. All it means is sitting down to have a conversation with your partner to find out why you feel you needed to go to somebody else to get what you couldn't get from your partner. I've heard of this emotional cheating nonsense, and while this may be considered emotional cheating. We emotionally cheat everyday. We see a hot girl walking down the street and the first thought is: SEX!!! What it would be like with that person... Phone sex is an assisted way to Masturbate without watching porn, but it's the same thing isn't it?
  • nusrat rahman 2010/11/14 19:35:46
    yes
    nusrat rahman
    yes because you are mentally stimulating yourself with the thought of someone else and what you would want to do to that person. there are different kinds of cheating. physical is not the only way a person can cheat, theres many different types and phone sex lays on the mental way of infidelity. so those of you who think it isn't you guys have some rethinking to do!
  • mrv 2010/08/24 14:33:18
    yes
    mrv
    +3
    The fact that you are sharing intimate moments with someone other than your spouse makes it a cheating action. Those intimate details and actions are only to be shared with the person one is involved with. Once the other person in the relationship finds out it leaves feelings of pain and rejection. It is definetly cheating.
  • Xiphos511 2010/05/23 01:35:58
    yes
    Xiphos511
    +1
    i wouldnt like it if it my girlfriend did that behind my back...
  • darkmonday 2010/03/08 21:04:55
    no
    darkmonday
    +3
    its not cheating. i know people would like to redefine what things mean but its not. it is thet same as calling a sex hotline or watching porn just more interactive. just like ur porn collection, hide it.
  • eminem 2009/10/16 01:32:13
    eminem
    idk i dont think id want my mandoin that undecided idk mandoin undecided idk mandoin
  • crying girl 2009/10/13 18:19:00
    yes
    crying girl
    it is so cheating. i just found out he was having phone sex with people (2 that i know of) he knew in another state. he was sending videos and pics. it hurts so much to know that the man i love and hold so close to my heart would do something so selfish hurtful and low. i have been a wreck for days agonizing over why and how it happened. its like a car accident i have to know the details but they hurt. it dosn't help that one of the girls forwarded all the texts, pics, and vids to me either. blaming myself, getting angry. together we were a whole adn now i need to decied if the hole he made in my heart can be filled so we can be one again.
  • ペンギン♥ 2009/10/07 20:25:21
    yes
    ペンギン♥
    I don't know what is it but anything with intercourse (sex) involved has to = cheat ing
  • Lyserg 2009/08/03 19:44:41
    yes
    Lyserg
    +1
    Hell Yes.Guys Get Really Jealous When This Happens.It Hurts them Alot Too.My Girlfriend Has Phone Sex With One Of My Best friends.She Also Has Phone Sex With Otherr Guys And Tells Me She Doesnt.Guys Are More Sensitive Then Girls Are.It Just Pisses Me Off SO Much When I Hear She Does That.
  • Mimi Lucia 2009/08/01 02:22:38
    depends
    Mimi Lucia
    Emotionally yes, physically no.
  • EastIndianFemme 2009/06/14 01:47:46
    EastIndianFemme
    I hate phone sex with boys..its gross!!
  • ペンギン♥ EastInd... 2009/10/07 20:25:43
    ペンギン♥
    you homo?
  • EastInd... ペンギン♥ 2009/10/12 02:35:48
    EastIndianFemme
    +1
    No I'm not and don't insult people who are that go that route!! All boys want is sex 24/7 on the phone...that's gross!!
  • ペンギン♥ EastInd... 2009/10/14 00:32:13
    ペンギン♥
    no, i mean are you really homo? (in a surprise way, sorry it came out rude)
    Trust me ,that is not true .... but you can say most boys want is sex but not all boys.
  • David 2009/04/16 10:18:01
    yes
    David
    Yes, it's cheating because cheating starts emotionally first. It's a heart issue. The same way the relationship you are in starts with the heart attachment the same goes for any other connection. You are giving what belongs to your mate to someone else. Your mate deserves ALL of you! And if you have enough left over to give to someone else then you are not fully committed.

-David of davidisms
    www.davidisms.wordpress.com
  • Racquel 2009/02/27 05:57:18
    no
    Racquel
    Phone sex is great and it is not cheating.
  • mariemi... Racquel 2012/03/23 19:55:07
    mariemicaela
    +3
    it is cheating, just in one's head. Many of the phone chat sites also offer "1 on 1" meetings if you "click", but usually for a price. An example is "Live Link". Now if you having phone sex with your parnter, no problem. But if your parnter is having phone sex and you don't know, then they may eventually take the next step and cheat.
  • kayla3287 2009/02/05 20:42:14
    kayla3287
    i dont know i dont think its cheating but its not right i guess but i would rather my man bull shit on the phone than one on one
  • ~*~Sare-Bear~*~<3 2009/01/10 03:10:10
    yes
    ~*~Sare-Bear~*~<3
    Hell yeah CHEATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  • Adam 2008/10/10 02:25:56
    depends
    Adam
    If it's a stranger, it's about the same as going to a strip club. Some partners aren't going to like it, others are going to be okay with it, depends on the relationship, either answer is perfectly acceptable, but its not cheating, its verbal pornography. If its phone sex with someone you know, then yes it is cheating. Might be a more mild form of cheating, but its still cheating. Same deal with cybering.
  • music-freak101 2008/10/09 17:24:55
    yes
    music-freak101
    YA
  • Michael 2008/09/20 04:55:47
    depends
    Michael
    on how secure you and your mate are.
  • Seth (crazy Iowan) *Burgundy* 2008/09/19 22:05:32
    no
    Seth (crazy Iowan) *Burgundy*
    +1
    wow, this just occured to me. phone sex is the safest sex practice and you don't even have to blow money on birth control
  • hi 2008/08/30 20:06:08
    hi
    i am not sure
  • GeorgeLouis49 2008/08/15 19:34:18
    yes
    GeorgeLouis49
    Sex is sex, unless your name is Clinton or Barack H. Obama, Sr.
  • Adam GeorgeL... 2008/10/10 02:23:00
    Adam
    ...Or McCain when he cheated on his first wife, or a Republican in a public bathroom.
  • brandi_831 2008/06/30 00:38:35
    yes
    brandi_831
    lettin another guy thats not ur bf listenin to you moan there name..yes it is.. iv made this mistake myself and my bf found out but he found it in his heart to forgive me since we was havin a rough time anyways
  • zwillo 2008/06/27 02:07:41
    yes
    zwillo
    It provokes sexual thoughts and feelings about a person other than your partner. And if you are having phone sex or cyber sex with someone other than the person you are with, there is a good chance that given the opportunity, you would engage in sex outside of your committed relationship.
  • dyash 2008/06/26 23:57:14
    yes
    dyash
    +1
    absolutely otherwise if it wasn't it would be done in the presence of the other partner
  • Aimee B. Loved 2008/06/26 23:19:50
    depends
    Aimee B. Loved
    +1
    Relationships aren't a one-size-fits-all kind of thing. What would be morally reprehensible for one couple may be perfectly fine with another couple. Upon entering a relationship, mutually acceptable bounds and rules must be established. Otherwise you open yourself - and your relationship - up for failure.
  • Kristy 2008/06/26 22:04:58
    Kristy
    i don't know. it's so confuzing!!!
  • MATTGUNNS 2008/06/26 21:17:50
  • Foo Mas... MATTGUNNS 2008/07/01 18:13:38
  • peace train 2008/06/26 20:51:01
    no
    peace train
    No ,,,,, Its called "Not gettin any".......
  • isabella 2008/06/26 20:44:20
    yes
    isabella
    its just like having real sex
  • brenna 2008/06/26 20:29:57
    yes
    brenna
    idk y i just answered that question

2014/10/22 00:05:21