Is organized religion just a business of snake oil salesmen?

bob 2012/05/29 14:53:03
Related Topics: Religion, Business, Snake, Oil
Organized religion is just a business of snake oil salesmen and business is booming
Organized religion is not just a business
You can buy your way into heaven
Science including evolution is real, where as organized religion is a man made fanatics

• Gregtoss 2012/06/21 12:56:26
    Gregtoss
    +1
    I don't think that religion started out as people trying to get power it started out as people trying to decipher they're world. nowadays when you look at certain areas of religion its not really that they're business men but that they want power and they do it by shoving religion down peoples throats in anyway they can
  • dvd 2012/05/30 07:31:46
  • wildcat 2012/05/29 17:40:46
    wildcat
    +1
    I do not believe in organized religion. That is why I belong to St. Joseph's Parish.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾ 2012/05/29 16:19:35
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
  • lonewolf 2012/05/29 15:39:05
    lonewolf
    neither. its fath.
  • Chokmah 2012/05/29 15:02:41
    Organized religion is just a business of snake oil salesmen and business is b...
    Chokmah
    +1
    It all started with the Babylonian Mystery Religions and, as far as the West is concerned, Abraham of Ur (which is in Chaldea, modern day Iraq). The Babylonian Mystery religion of Abraham was mixed with Egyptian sun worship. Moses, an Egyptian prince, ran off and met up with some Arabs in the Sinai desert who worshipped a lunar war god named Yahweh.

Moses and his priestcraft adopted Yahweh as the tribal god, mixed with the superstitious rituals of Babylonian mystery schools and Egyptian animism to form the tribal religion known as Judaism, a warlike cult that committed genocide and ethnic cleansing in the name of the terrible tribal war god. The religion was centered around the Temple and its bloody sacrifices of animals (and sometimes humans).

The Temple priestcraft came up with concept of tithing and getting paid to offer blood sacrifices.. and the Religion Racket has never been the same!!!
    +1
    it's a gift called Faith
  • robbt1 Sister ... 2012/05/29 15:30:16
    robbt1
    +1
    I think what the topic creator is talking about/concerned with is the grouping of people who use organized religion as a way of just indoctrinating mindless followers to give them money. Which isn't all religious groups... but... you have to admit such charlatans exist.
  • Sister ... robbt1 2012/06/03 01:42:03
    if you chose to think negative...most I know are good and I have attended services in most of them
  • robbt1 2012/05/29 14:57:26
    robbt1
    +2
    The thing about organized religion is that, despite all the money people pour into it and the occasional scam artist, a lot of it is actually on the up-and-up. A good chunk of these people believe what they're spouting... and that's the part that concerns me.

2014/11/27 07:48:41