Is negativity a learned personality trait or a genetic one?

elizabethbath0ry 2009/11/18 14:47:23
Some people just cant seem to see the brighter side of ANYTHING and it seems they thrive on being miserable. Did they learn this thought process or is it just in their genes to be that way? Can you ever make a negative person understand that not everything that happens is completely bad.I have been trying to get my boy friend to look at the brighter side of things and he yells at me because he says im delusional about life. Im not, i just dont see the point of dwelling on the things that are considered bad.

• gbstarman 2010/01/09 07:03:04
    gbstarman
    +3
    Like Keoni91 says, lack of some chemicals in the brain can lead to negativity. For example, if someone is low in Tryptophan or Tyrosine, they will be negative, moody and depressed. My wife was very negative about EVERYTHING for a very long time. When she improved the levels of Tryptophan in her brain, the dark cloud of negativity went away.

eg. without tyrosine your body can't make Dopamine and Noradrenaline. You try feeling good without those chemicals in your brain - it's not possible. Completely impossible, it's like trying to run a car with no petrol.

It's not always the case, but it can be a very common cause.

We used Whey powder to supplement in Tryptophan and Tyrosine (these are natural proteins). After a period of time, the supplements are no longer needed as the levels have been restored to normal. It was like a miracle for her (and me).

• gbstarman 2010/01/09 07:03:04
    gbstarman
    +3

• Lobotomy_Case 2009/11/19 15:15:21
    Lobotomy_Case
    +1
    umm.. i think its learned, from other people, and experiences =S
  • jjvoodoo 2009/11/18 21:40:44
    jjvoodoo
    +1
    its learned
  • Razia 2009/11/18 20:57:05
    Razia
    +1
    Absolutely "personal."
  • Keoni91 2009/11/18 15:36:46
    Keoni91
    +1
    Both, your children can learn your negativity if you are negative. But chemicals within the human brain or lack of some can cause you to be genetically negative.

2014/10/22 00:10:14