Is my puppy a wolf mix?

Lydia 2011/06/30 02:14:11
A few months ago my family and I got an adorable little white german shepherd puppy. She is the sweetest little baby ever! I love her so much! I recently saw a pic of a shepherd mixed with an arctic wolf. My pup looks just like the wolfdog. They said that she was one fourth something they didn't know when we got her. So I guess maybe she could be part wolf?

• John 2011/06/30 03:54:04
    Long answers
    John
    +3
    It looks like your dog is part husky or malamute. They have very wolf-like characteristics. You can often tell by the temperament as your puppy grows as wolves are much harder to train and are more rough when they play. If you do have a wolf-dog, you need to take extra care to treat it as a part of a pack. Wolves naturally live within a hierarchy and if you are not a strong enough leader, they suffer greatly.

Pic of a white German Shepherd at 15 weeks.

leader suffer greatly pic white german shepherd 15 weeks

• Splashstorm 2012/01/16 10:16:39 (edited)
    Long answers
    Splashstorm
    90% of wolfdogs are fake. And there are not that many wolfdogs around, so I would think that the dog isn't part wolf.

Here is a REAL 1/4 wolfdog:
    90 wolfdogs fake wolfdogs dog wolf real 14 wolfdog

And this is a 50% wolfdog:
    wolfdogs fake wolfdogs dog wolf real 14 wolfdog 50 wolfdog
  • bren fo... Splashs... 2013/11/12 08:02:43
    bren foster
    +3
    White shepherds ARE part of a breeding program where the arctic wolf has been introduced to improve the health, intelligence and vitality of the original white shepherd. There is absolutely 100% wolf in your dog. First of all, we need to dispel myths about wolf dogs. Approximately half a million wolf dogs are present in the US today. Second, the german shepherd breed in barely over 100 years old and started its breeding program using a wolf dog. Subsequent wolf dogs were added to the breed during initial development of the breed. The sheep dog was the other animal used but it lacked the physical stature and characteristics to make it a high level working dog, hence the introduction of wolf genetics.
  • BlackwinterG36C 2011/08/12 20:22:46
    Short answers
    BlackwinterG36C
    +1
    All dogs are essentially wolves anyway. A german shepard is nothing more than a big brown wolf. Huskies and alasken dogs look like wolves anyway. What's the big deal?
  • John 2011/06/30 03:54:04
    Long answers
    John
    +3

• britney John 2012/12/26 04:42:33
    britney
    +18
    wow she is so pretty and my god mother is looking for a wolf and a German Shepperd mixed and her name is so pretty and my dog was wolf and German Shepperd mixed and she got ran over by car because she lived by a high way and my god mother had to go to work and i was in Oroville California and she lived in sacrament and when she got home she was looking all over for her dog and she found out she was die and she born on DEC 25, 2012 so she was born on Christmas she wasn't even a year old. she was a year old to day .so we were wounding if she was for free because she would really like a wolf and german shepperd for chirstmas or something close to chirstmas like very close even in Jan . so i hope you read this message because we really want her so pleases yuo would make us very happy and please text us back we will save this so we can see what you said and you arent giving her away do you know who has a wolf mixed with german shepperd and it has to be white so we will chech back with this tomorrow or the next day MERRY CHIRSTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR. LOVE GOD WE TRUST . and try to be your self dont try to be any thing you arent and that if people are try to make you ok take the advise so please typ back and thank merry x -mas
  • lalen 2011/06/30 03:33:18
    Short answers
    lalen
    i hope you post it in a big size to see them better.... hope post dog wolf
  • Cory Clegg lalen 2013/04/13 18:55:03
    Cory Clegg
    +1
    what kind of dog is the black one
  • ashli.w... lalen 2013/06/19 01:50:16
    ashli.watkins.73
    +2
    I think its looks like the wolf trying to kill the dog.
  • Dale 2011/06/30 02:25:37
    Short answers
    Dale
    +1
    And you do, or should, care why? You have a dog, enjoy. The only thing that could be better is if you had rescued this pup. Again, enjoy, and most importantly, love. And trust, that love will be returned 100 fold.
  • John Dale 2011/06/30 03:56:16
    John
    Wolf breeds are more difficult to train usually and have more aggressive behaviors than pure domestic breeds...Not that you can't train one without knowing, but knowing helps a lot.
  • Dale John 2011/06/30 04:17:38
    Dale
    +1
    At one-quarter, not so hard. A half or more maybe. Dawg.., just love and enjoy. Here we just have a picture of maybe's an what's and could it be's. The question was not about training, but could it be, right?
  • Lydia Dale 2011/08/10 22:31:13
  • Dale Lydia 2011/08/10 22:32:14
    Dale
    Love and enjoy!!!
  • Lydia Dale 2011/08/10 23:19:34
  • Dale Lydia 2011/08/11 15:28:50
    Dale
    My dog, or maybe I should say "my master" is a rescued Sheltie. He has managed to train me all on his own. I spoil him rotten and make no apology for it. He is truly, my link to sanity. No, I don't, have any tips. Mine was already house-broken when I got him, and other than that, well... If there is a PetSmart in your area, most, if not all, have a trainer on staff. Talk to one of them for tips and advice. Only a suggestion mind you. I have no stock in the company. It is that there is where I have my dog groomed when I am on the road, which is almost full-time.
  • Lydia Dale 2011/08/11 18:09:22
  • ashli.w... John 2013/06/19 01:48:22
    ashli.watkins.73
    +3
    My puppy tries to play fight with my two older dogs and he look aggressive and also bites them in there neck and legs. Do you think he is part wolf? ill get a picture of him tomorrow.
  • xxAlexiaHorrorxx 2011/06/30 02:22:02
    Short answers
    xxAlexiaHorrorxx
    aawwww shes really cute...she kinnda looks it...that would be epic if she is but i dunnooo :(
  • Lydia xxAlexi... 2011/08/11 04:57:36

2014/09/17 13:38:01