Is Jesus Christ God or the Messenger (Prophet of Allah)?

Muslim Jesus 2012/05/07 08:52:19
The following is from the Gospel of John 5:30 - 31 from the Arabic Bible. In English Bible you will get the word God in the place of Allah. The millions of Arab Christian use Allah not God. The word God is used only by the English speaking Christians.

.........................
Gospel of John 5:30 -31

"On my own I am powerless. I judge as I am told (told by Allah). My judgement is just because I do not act based upon my own will but rather I submit to Allah's will. The will of Allah has sent me as his messenger. If I represent Myself my representation is different from and inferior to what Allah directs me to do".

..........................

From the above statement Jesus Christ is clearly stating he is sent by Allah as a messenger (Prophet) to guide the mankind.

According to the above statement in the Gospel of John, Jesus must be teaching Islam.

Islam means: Being in peace by sincerely submitting to the will of God.

In the above statement from the Bible Jesus clearly says he is submitting to the will of God.

In the above statement you can say Jesus cannot be the God.

Quran says he is the Prophet of God like Moses, Abraham, Muhammad, David.
Peace and blessing of Allah be upon all his prophets.

Read More: http://www.muslimjesus.net

• tredzwater 2012/05/07 10:26:14
    tredzwater
    +3
    Neither. There is not a speck of evidence that any god exists.

Both Paul, who founded Christianity and Muhammad, who founded Islam, were simply men taking advantage of the gullibility of the superstitious.

Additionally, both the Bible and the Qur'an are simply books written by men to bolster newly-invented religions. They are infomercials to sell their flavor of god and support for religious leaders to gain power over the lemmings.

• Chris- Demon of the PHAET 2012/05/08 08:41:28
    Chris- Demon of the PHAET
    +1
    Jesus was man whose last name was Of Nazareth. He was Jewish. Apparently he never knew his real father, his mother wasn't married when she got pregnant, but a man named Joseph liked her so he married her and was Jesus' step-father. Joseph was a carpenter so Jesus became one. When he grew up he told everyone to be nice to each other. Since no one ever said this before a lot of people started to like him and he had this gang of guys he hung out with. There was a trampy girl who liked him but they just stayed friends. Other people didn't like him so they killed him by nailing him to wood and that made Jesus magic. People like magicians so Jesus is still very popular today. We pretend his birthday is in December and decorate trees with shiny balls and give each other presents. People who REALLY like Jesus are allowed to tell other people to go to hell and they get to live with Jesus forever. Jesus lives at The Holy Land Experience theme park in Orlando Fl. but he has changed his last name to Christ.
  • Jo 2012/05/07 17:12:07
    Jo
    How strange, that you use the two verses in John 5 that prove your point, but disregard those verses leading up to this point - John 5:21-29:

"For just as the Father gives life to those he raises from the dead, so the Son gives life to anyone he wants. In addition, the Father judges no one. Instead, he has given the Son absolute authority to judge, so that everyone will honor the Son, just as they honor the Father. Anyone who does not honor the Son is certainly not honoring the Father who sent him. “I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life. And I assure you that the time is coming, indeed it’s here now, when the dead will hear my voice—the voice of the Son of God. And those who listen will live. The Father has life in himself, and he has granted that same life-giving power to his Son. And he has given him authority to judge everyone because he is the Son of Man. Don’t be so surprised! Indeed, the time is coming when all the dead in their graves will hear the voice of God’s Son, and they will rise again. Those who have done good will rise to experience eternal life, and those who have continued in evil will rise to expe...

"For just as the Father gives life to those he raises from the dead, so the Son gives life to anyone he wants. In addition, the Father judges no one. Instead, he has given the Son absolute authority to judge, so that everyone will honor the Son, just as they honor the Father. Anyone who does not honor the Son is certainly not honoring the Father who sent him. “I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life. And I assure you that the time is coming, indeed it’s here now, when the dead will hear my voice—the voice of the Son of God. And those who listen will live. The Father has life in himself, and he has granted that same life-giving power to his Son. And he has given him authority to judge everyone because he is the Son of Man. Don’t be so surprised! Indeed, the time is coming when all the dead in their graves will hear the voice of God’s Son, and they will rise again. Those who have done good will rise to experience eternal life, and those who have continued in evil will rise to experience judgment."

This is but one of the many places in the Bible that state Jesus is God, the Lord and Savior and no one comes to God but through Him! And He has a claim to fame that you cannot make about your muhammad: Jesus was crucified, died, and buried but rose again 3 days later, ascended to Heaven and He is now and always will be the Everlasting, Living God and one day He will come again and judge the living and the dead! At that time every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father! Amen.
  • ☽✪☾Goddess~Worshiper☥ 2012/05/07 13:42:46
    ☽✪☾Goddess~Worshiper☥
    mmm, neither. He was a carpenter. Not some messenger of the 'merciful god'
  • Bingo's Faddah 2012/05/07 13:10:05
    Bingo's Faddah
    After decades of searching, this is what I've come up with: First of all, he was one helluva guy. A man with a skill (woodworking) who chose to live the life of a hobo so he could spread his ideas on social reform.
    Second......... Well, there ain't no second. Reformers piss off people satisfied (and getting rich) with the status quo. So he had to go. I wonder which of his gang said "Hey! I have a GREAT idea!
    +2
    How about neither? I have not seen one shred of evidence that he ever existed.
  • Bingo's... Lady Wh... 2012/05/07 13:12:31 (edited)
    Bingo's Faddah
    +1
    I think he probably did. But he was just a local social reformer and nothing physical would remain. They tried that with the shroud of Turin but screwed up. Imagine how much his furniture would go for on Ebay!

social reformer physical remain shroud turin screwed imagine furniture ebay
  • Clay Sl... Bingo's... 2012/05/07 13:26:25
    Clay Slayer
    Over the centuries Scam Artists have come up with some pretty ingenious ways to decieve the gullible.. You know, Like they found the ARK (if they found it why in the hell are they still looking for it) and The burial box of James,, yep another Fake..
    Seems like they could surely find some actual artifact, but I guess that would be rather hard as the lack of evidence is pretty good indication that something didnt exist......
  • Chris- ... Clay Sl... 2012/05/08 07:58:31
    Chris- Demon of the PHAET
    As I recall they did find the Ark. Sun Classic Pictures make a movie called "In search of Noah's Ark" in the early 70's. They also proved the Loch Ness monster and Bigfoot were both real in an earlier film. :-)
  • Bingo's... Clay Sl... 2012/05/08 11:42:11
    Bingo's Faddah
    In a way it doesn't matter. That would mean his group of thugs came up with the social reform and gave the "will of God" thing a new twist. If they were alive today, they'd either have more money than Bill Gates, or...

straight jacket
  • tredzwater Bingo's... 2012/05/07 14:54:22
    tredzwater
    Bing, this is the first thing I've found on which we might disagree. There is evidence that the name we transliterate into "Jesus" was actually in use a century or so earlier than the claimed timespan in the Bible. The gnostic Jews wrote about such a person. However, the writings found, so far, are very fragmented. The gnostics didn't consider this person to be divine.

Since the supposed "life of Jesus" is a mishmash of Moses parallels, Mithraic parallels (see Tertullian) and midrashic didaticism, I simply can't accept that as neutral, scholarly evidence.

I don't expect a tiny, godly footprint on a birth certificate but I do expect something more than the theists have.

I do agree with the rest of your post in that there might have been a minor insurrectionist, offed by the Romans, wandering around about the turn of the millennium and whose activities were conflated into the gnostic Jesus.
  • Bingo's... tredzwater 2012/05/08 11:48:28
    Bingo's Faddah
    Yep. And a group of pretty smart revolutionaries thought of a way to tie the execution with a push for revolt and reform. Any way it went, one helluva plan. Took 300 years to take root but take root it did.
    Not a bad plan either. But humanity, as usual, figures a way to include number 2.

1. Sex drive.
    2. Greed.
    3. Do what's taboo.

figures include number 2 1 sex 2 greed 3 taboo
  • tredzwater Bingo's... 2012/05/08 12:34:15
    tredzwater
    I think that all religions found a way to include #2. After all, why does any god need money? So, why are "contributions" and "tithes" necessary?
  • Bingo's... tredzwater 2012/05/08 12:43:17
    Bingo's Faddah
    Because they're businesses and always have been. Consider the Pagans. They held (and hold) festivals to honor the Creator. If you created something that could think, wouldn't you want it to have fun?
    ALL folks that organize events and rituals to "please" God should have a day job.
  • tredzwater Bingo's... 2012/05/08 12:46:41
    tredzwater
    Sadly, too many of them don't have a day job. Fooling the lemmings is all they do for a living and some of them do very well at it. There are lots of lemmings.

Of all theists, I like Pagans the best. They seem to be, with rare exceptions, intelligent, down-to-earth people...even if the ones in England do dress funny. Heh, heh, heh.

Hey, Bing! Did you see the post where I said I'd rather be descended from you than from Noah? It's in the "descended from apes" thread. I can find the link for you, if you need it.
  • Bingo's... tredzwater 2012/05/09 12:08:38
    Bingo's Faddah
    Perhaps you are descended from me in a way! Distant 8th cousin 12 times removed?

"down-to earth people"; no pun intended? We do consider the planet and just about everything to be part of God. Except the French of course.
  • tredzwater Bingo's... 2012/05/09 12:33:03
    tredzwater
    Well, I'm certainly glad that the blood ties are so far removed. Considering that pic I've seen of your hotness, I'd hate to be a close relative.

Incest is so tacky.
  • Bingo's... tredzwater 2012/05/10 12:16:20
    Bingo's Faddah
    OK, then we'll settle for outcest. Wanna go first?
  • tredzwater Bingo's... 2012/05/10 12:23:26
    tredzwater
    +1
    Nope. I'm the shy type. I like the flowers-and-candy route. Although, when I giggle and put my hands in front of my eyes...I might peek.
  • Bingo's... tredzwater 2012/05/11 11:42:17
    Bingo's Faddah
    Oh, my!!

surprised gorilla
  • tredzwater Bingo's... 2012/05/11 11:55:47
  • Jenn tredzwater 2012/05/10 07:11:43 (edited)
    Jenn
    Are you serious..you really do not know what tithing's is for ? Wow..I thought you would know what a church does with their tithing's.. God certainly doesn't need money, you're right..so where would the tithing's go..and you found it so amusing, that I wasn't familiar the word," Sporked " and I was beginning to think you knew everything.
  • tredzwater Jenn 2012/05/10 10:25:57 (edited)
    tredzwater
    Don't be ridiculous. The question was rhetorical, as you well know.

With minor exceptions, tithing goes to support clergy, build bigger churches, cathedrals and temples, pay for indoctrination camps for children, television programs to convert and expound and...oh yes...get out the vote. Even though clergy involved in political sermonization is federally illegal in the US.

I know of not one single Christian group that provides charitable services without exacting payment in the form of forced attendance at sermons and "prayer meetings". Perhaps you can name one?

I wasn't amused that you didn't know a creative use of the word "sporked". I'm never amused when people don't know a given word. After all, there are so many words that I don't know and the Inet makes the spread of memes and new words so very speedy. I was amused that you used the word as ammunition in what you thought was a denigration. It's much better to argue the topic.

If you can.
  • Clay Sl... Lady Wh... 2012/05/07 13:25:41
    Clay Slayer
    +2
    But! But! The Bible says so...Therefor it must be true....

bible therefor true
  • Lady Wh... Clay Sl... 2012/05/07 16:19:54
    Whatever!
  • Clay Sl... Lady Wh... 2012/05/07 16:45:45
    Clay Slayer
    +1
    My comment was Sarcasm.. Not to be taken literally...
  • Lady Wh... Clay Sl... 2012/05/07 17:52:58
    LOLZ! ok!
  • Jenn 2012/05/07 10:29:12
    Jenn
    I was brought up in a christian home..Strong believers in God with strong family values.
    The Bible taught that Jesus was God manifested in the flesh according to the Book of John..King James Bible..although some people had different views on this..
    To be a christian..was to realize you needed a savior and confess your sins and live accordingly..in peace, with love and kindness in your heart for others..and pray daily to stay established in your faith..but the main thing is to live by your faith and practice it.. and thats the way you establish a strong relationship with God..My dad used to say that if its only head religion its not the real thing..He would say.. that it has to come from the heart..to be real and lasting..How true that is..
  • tredzwater Jenn 2012/05/07 14:58:42
    tredzwater
    +1
    Nonsense. The majority of theists believe what they were trained to believe from earliest childhood. What god you worship depends on where you were born and where your parents were born...ad nauseam.

Faith is the acceptance, as true, of something for which no evidence exists. It is common for western religions to decry the brain and advance "faith" as the only good choice. This is because anyone who actually uses their brain cannot possibly find accounts from the Bible as either accurate or compelling.

The Bible is a blivet.
  • Jenn tredzwater 2012/05/08 10:58:59
    Jenn
    The only thing here that is nonsense is you ! You are a total package of ignorance..I really know that from seeing people die of all types.. because I work in a healthcare facility..and there is not one of them, people just like you..that lies on their death bed that doesn't call out to God..But by then, its too late..by then, one foot is already in hell..I have heard them crying and screaming that they didn't want to go to hell..but its too late and they would cry out for God, with their last breath..its so sad,but they had their chance way back there.. and just like you..they too,thought they had all the answers..but by the time they realized that they didn't have all the answers..they are out into eternity forever..If I were you.. I would really be very careful of how I criticize others on their faith..because you never know who's toes you are stepping on
  • tredzwater Jenn 2012/05/08 12:42:23
    tredzwater
    That is unmitigated bat guano! In fact, I call you a liar. Most people on their death beds are too concerned with trying to breathe than with calling out to a god with even one of those breaths. My sister is a geriatric nurse with a Master's degree and she has often said that religion at a deathbed comes from the family and not from the patient. Since she's a devout Christian and uses those personal observations as a warning to "be prepared", I have no reason to doubt her.

I, myself, was on the verge of death from cancer and I never...not one single time..."cried out" to any god. Ever. Nor will I. "Crying out" to a fantasy creature is insanity and I'm sane.

As far as criticizing Christianity is concerned, as long as Christians try to push their cultural psychosis into government, I'm perfectly delighted to point out that, not only do their scriptures contradict each other, but that the Christian god is a monster, unworthy of the worship of any ethical person.

When Christians keep their nonsense in their little white churches or their crystal cathedrals, I'll go back to paying attention to what is far more important than Christianity.

Cleaning my toilet.
  • Jenn tredzwater 2012/05/08 23:18:30
    Jenn
    I would hate to be in your shoes..you are an idiot, in every sense of the word..
  • tredzwater Jenn 2012/05/08 23:32:22
    tredzwater
    I'm not idiotic to worship a monster that no one has ever seen, and who is claimed to have sporked a 14-year old kid.
  • Jenn tredzwater 2012/05/09 07:02:48
    Jenn
    Sporked ? really ! LOL..I'm not familiar with that word and seems that you're not either...
  • tredzwater Jenn 2012/05/09 10:38:30
    tredzwater
    And you are obviously not familiar with the sort of people who use words creatively as euphemisms. I wish I had "invented" that one but I must bow to an online wordsmith who has my deepest admiration.

If you only use the words in your Pocket Webster's, it's no wonder that your mind is as limited.
  • Jenn tredzwater 2012/05/10 05:56:46
    Jenn
    So you are telling us all.. that God has been claimed to have "Sporked" a 14 year old child. My question to you is.. explain Spork..and where and how this claim was supposed to have happened..Tell us where in the Bible that 14 year old was "Sporked" by God..since you are such a "Genius" that should be so easy for you..
  • tredzwater Jenn 2012/05/10 11:05:54
  • Clay Sl... Jenn 2012/05/08 14:00:20
    Clay Slayer
    +1
    I spent two years in a vicious combat zone.. watched people get shot, blown up and seen a bunch die.. The first thing out of their mouths was "Momma" Many balled up in the fetal postition and bawled like little babies for their moms.. I never heard ONE cry out for this god.....
  • tredzwater Clay Sl... 2012/05/08 17:03:52 (edited)
    tredzwater
    Jenn is a Liar For Jesus. liar for jesus
  • Jenn tredzwater 2012/05/08 22:36:44
    Jenn
    Did I strike a nerve..?
  • tredzwater Jenn 2012/05/08 23:11:00
    tredzwater
    Nope. Not on your best day. I just know a liar when I read one.

2014/10/22 04:55:08