Is Jenny McCarthy partially responsible for over 800 deaths? One website says she is.

Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru 2012/05/16 19:59:54
Jenny McCarthy is an outspoken opponent of childhood vaccines. She believe that they are linked to increased diagnosis of Autism. Others have supported her in this belief, however Ms. McCarthy has written a best selling book that people are buying.

Jenny mcCarthy book

Well, because of this idea many parents are refusing to vaccinate their children.
vaccines kill

Most anti-vaccination believers claim that the compound thimerosal led
to an increase in autism cases. The Measles/Mumps/Rubella vaccine is
their usual target. However, thimerosal was never used as a preservative
in the Measles/Mumps/Rubella vaccine.
No vaccine licensed since 1999 has contained thimerosal as a
preservative, except a few multidose container vaccines such as some
(but not all) HIB and Influenza vaccines.

no vaccinnes

There is not a single piece of REAL evidence that points to vaccines causing Autism and no mercury has been used in vaccines for over a decade.

body count

Is Jenny McCarthy partially responsible for over 800 deaths?

Read More: http://www.jennymccarthybodycount.com/Jenny_McCart...

• katywon 2012/05/16 20:30:43
    Yes she is partially to blame
    katywon
    +5
    The parents are to blame for listening to Ms McCarthy. Parents with children born with autism are looking for answers. But there has been autism long before vaccinations were prevalent. We can understand wanting to find reasons for conditions but more children die without vaccinations because of one un-educated persons belief.

• Margaret Jacobson 2012/10/25 22:34:59
    No she isn't to blame
    Margaret Jacobson
    just her expressing her opinion ! I personally MIGHT disagree with her. But she has the right to her opinions, just like I am entitled to mine !! If people choose to agree with her, NO PROBLEM !!
  • Brownielover504 2012/05/21 18:22:42
    I don't care what science says, vaccinations are bad.
    Brownielover504
    Kno what you are gettin or what they are infecting you with do research
  • caius madison 2012/05/21 02:32:50
    No she isn't to blame
    caius madison
    The parents who listened to her are.
  • beach bum 2012/05/20 01:42:40
    beach bum
    unsure
  • Dickens 2012/05/19 21:06:02
    Yes she is partially to blame
    Dickens
    +1
    ...I grew up during the days of polio, and I remember the effects of that, and of the kids in school in wheelchairs and people living in an iron lung. Vaccines ended that. Besides, why would I take medical advice from some MTV bimbo??
  • Mandy 2012/05/18 13:45:47
    No she isn't to blame
    Mandy
    It is the job of each parent to do the research. I don't think that McCarthy's stance is accurate, but I also don't think she is to blame for other people not vaccinating their kids. All of these anti-vaccers need to be educated for the greater good of the population. What do they want to go back to the days when childhood diseases killed one in five kids (at best)?
  • La 2012/05/18 06:56:07
    No she isn't to blame
    La
    It is every parents individual choice about whether to vaccinate their kids. I don't believe vaccines cause autism but I do believe they cause many side effects which you are not told about. If you get a side effect and try to tell your doctor, its hours of paperwork to fill out. Big companies simply do not want to know anything negative about their vaccines.
  • JackSchitt 2012/05/17 22:50:42
    No she isn't to blame
    JackSchitt
    +2
    Is she claiming to be a doctor? No. Is she saying that she is in ANY WAY an authority on the subject. Again, No.

Then any parent who takes medical advice from a Playboy Bunny / TV Star / Book Author has only themselves to blame.

What the hell happened to PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY in this country?
  • kitkat42 2012/05/17 20:45:28
    No she isn't to blame
    kitkat42
    She had a passionate opinion and she fought for it to be recognized. If memory serves me, there was a period of time that the Thimerosal issue WAS blamed by the medical community. There was more research done and there was an instant reversal of opinion. That is where the problem lies, I think. When researchers and medical people do the old flip-flop on what is good one day and bad the next. It goes on all the time.
  • Racefish 2012/05/17 16:04:33
    Yes she is partially to blame
    Racefish
    +1
    The rise of measles in kids is directly attributable to not getting immunizations.

"Autism's theory of causation is still incomplete. It has long been presumed that there is a common cause at the genetic, cognitive, and neural levels for autism's characteristic triad of symptoms. However, there is increasing suspicion among researchers that autism does not have a single cause, but is instead a complex disorder with a set of core aspects that have distinct causes. In other words, completely different underlying brain dysfunctions have been hypothesized to result in the common symptoms of autism, just as completely different brain problems result in mental retardation."

Blaming this on vaccinations is a little strange. If it's inherited, it's like a predisposition to most meantal illnesses like Schizophrenia, Bi-Polasr Disorder, etc.
    In order to find out the cause, there has to be far more testing in the realm of genetics as well as environment.
  • RoryCanadia 2012/05/17 15:51:32
    Yes she is partially to blame
    RoryCanadia
    +1
    She is partially to blame, but only insofar as she pushes bad science. Most of this ruckus about childhood vaccines causing autism is related to studies performed by one man. The name escapes me right now, but what it basically comes down to is that shortly after all the outrage and publicity about his findings, those findings went through the peer review process........and were found to be almost totally bogus.

I understand that she has an autistic child, and that's not easy for any parent, but at the same time, the day I start taking scientific advice from a former Playboy Playmate and MTV host is the day I'd like you to come cave my skull in with a hammer.
  • Andy 2012/05/17 15:28:15
    No she isn't to blame
    Andy
    She is offering her opinion...and people need to be smart enough to ask questions, and do the research for themselves... If a celebrity endorses a brand of alcohol...and you drink it and get drunk, and then end up DUI, can you sue the celebrity...NO, that would be WHACKED. Personal Responsibility!!
  • HarleyCharley 2012/05/17 14:57:20
    No she isn't to blame
    HarleyCharley
    she has the right to her opinion...
  • MorganRae 2012/05/17 14:42:10
    No she isn't to blame
    MorganRae
    Each individual parent is responsible for what they choose to believe and how they act upon those beliefs.
    No she isn't to blame
    +1
    1. Quite frankly ..
    those adults whose lives totally revolve around the pronouncements and rantings of celebs .. they are truly the ones we should feel sorry for .. because, let's face it .. if so hung up like that .. they are truly NOT living their own lives (and wouldn't you be worried about the fate of children .. when their parent is more involved in the life of another .. and not their child?)

2. EACH Adult .. is responsible for their choices in life ..
    that includes being RESPONSIBLE for providing for themselves and their families ..
    you make decisions .. each and every day ..
    about food, clothing .. shelter .. health care .. your children ..
    IF they make a choice .. to not vaccinate ..
    it is their choice indeed ..
    but then again .. there are consequences to either taking a vaccination (or not taking it) ..
    just be willing to live with those consequences ..
    (I chose to have my own children vaccinated .. and yes, I do have a High Functioning Autistic Child (now Adult -- Asperger's Syndrome))

NO Matter what .. it is always with grief that a child is lost .. to disease, accident .. or any other cause ..
  • NoBama Man 2012/05/17 07:57:08
    Yes she is partially to blame
    NoBama Man
    +2
    If her 'celebrity' influenced ANYBODY to NOT have their children vaccinated, then YES.., she has some blame to bear...
    However, there is some merit to her cause...albeit a bit misguided. There is plenty of 'science' to argue both sides of this issue...the difference the MONEY is behind pharma...and the so there is a disparity in the science.
    Here's an article with some 'facts', shocking numbers, and a link between the toxic soup we as humans unknowingly ingest from pre-birth until our death...clearly SOMETHING is going on...check it out...

http://allrightiethen.blogspo...

chemical cocktail
  • nightcrawler2005 2012/05/17 06:05:23
    No she isn't to blame
    nightcrawler2005
    +2
    I think she is completely out to lunch on this anti vaccine kick.
    But even though she has done a book and a million interviews on the subject I still don't hold her to blame for any deaths or complications. I hold peoples gullibility to believe in this stupid concept and for believing a so-called celeb. My personal view is most celebs don't have two brain cells to rub together.
  • Raithere 2012/05/17 04:29:26
    Yes she is partially to blame
    Raithere
    +3
    Yes people are ultimately responsible for their own decisions.

However, she does have some culpability for using the media and her celebrity status to spread dangerous misinformation.
  • MistyFay8879 2012/05/17 04:25:58
    Yes she is partially to blame
    MistyFay8879
    +3
    Only because people are way too impressionable!
  • darwolf 2012/05/17 04:07:23
    No she isn't to blame
    darwolf
    +2
    No she isn't.
  • Carl 2012/05/17 03:47:35
    Yes she is partially to blame
    Carl
    +1
    Lancet had to publish an article stating that the research based his results on bogus data and beliefs.
  • c.ruth93 2012/05/17 03:44:18
    No she isn't to blame
    c.ruth93
    +2
    She's not to blame at all. That's like how mothers tried to blame metal and rock music for their child's suicide. We all have a choice if mother's decide that their child will be better off, fine. We are free to chose to do what we want. That's what the founding father's wanted.
  • Cosmosoddgirl 2012/05/17 02:40:14
    Yes she is partially to blame
    Cosmosoddgirl
    +2
    It's like dr house said to this mother who didn't want to pay for her kids vaccines: you know what another business is? Tiny little baby coffins! They come in all colours !
  • Pele Emerging 2012/05/17 02:25:33 (edited)
    No she isn't to blame
    Pele Emerging
    +2
    People make their own decisions. Blaming someone else is to not take responsibility for one's own decisions. No one made people stop vaccinating their children.

(edit added) I meant to add that I am not anti-vaccine. My kids were all vaccinated. They were not vaccinated as newborns--first received at 6 weeks.

That being said, whether thimerosal is the cause or something in the vaccines themselves, the rate of autism is now 1 is less than 100 children (an increase even over the 1 in 150) vs. 1 in over 1000 pre 1990's. Children are vaccinated more and earlier. Babies are often vaccinated before they leave the hospital. They receive multiple vaccinations simultaneously--sometimes, as many as 6 at the same time. Autism Spectrum is a neurological disorder. No one knows what causes it, but the increase is not just because they've broadened the definition. There is something which is contributing to the problem. My gut feeling is that there is an environmental component, be it something about the vaccinations or pesticides or additives or something which triggers the neurological response in genetically susceptible individuals. If that trigger is absent at the right time, autism doesn't develop, even if a person might have the genetic marker.
  • Raithere Pele Em... 2012/05/17 14:16:03
    Raithere
    "Autism Spectrum is a neurological disorder. No one knows what causes it, but the increase is not just because they've broadened the definition."

Actually increase is almost largely attributable to broadening the definition. There are a number of studies that demonstrate this. Other factors are the increase in awareness and wider screening for the disorder. There is a possibility of some actual increase in incidence but it is quite small compared to the "epidemic" that has been proclaimed.

http://www.popsci.com/scitech...

http://www.sciencebasedmedici...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/p...
  • Willie 2012/05/17 01:40:37
    Yes she is partially to blame
    Willie
    +3
    My daughter was diagnosed with autism BEFORE she received any vaccines.

I'll repeat - she had autism, and she did not receive any vaccinations.

We have since vaccinated her. She still has autism, but at least we won't have to worry about measles, mumps, rubella, polio, etc. etc.

Jenny McCarthy became famous by taking off her clothes. I'm glad that she has taken such a strong interest in motherhood, but she is by no means a scientist. I'll stick with reading the genuine scientific research, and working with my daughter's team of teachers, doctors and therapists.
  • cynsity 2012/05/17 01:18:41
    No she isn't to blame
    cynsity
    +1
    I really have no idea who this woman is BUT when my dog's vet explained how the body uses and processes teh varrious vaccines given to both pets and people and she explained that most vaccines need not be give and that once they are there are tests to see if teh antibodies are still in high enough level as to avoid a booster (its called a titers test) and she said she felt giving pets vaccines for no reason shortend their life spans ... well I did some research and found what she said was true enough and taht its danerous on the liver and kidneys of a human same as it is in a dog so I stopped mandating them for my child...
    I have had a wonderfully healthy child with the only thing happening was her being hit by a car as she walked to school and no vaccine would have protected her .... Oh an my dog is a healthy happy active 16 year old and still going good (cept for his hearing)
  • Greatkibble 2012/05/17 01:08:18
    Yes she is partially to blame
    Greatkibble
    +1
    But I'll never trust the American FDA ever.
    I think some, just some vaccines, don't go well health wise with the body - not for autistic reasons.
  • sally 2012/05/17 01:05:39
    No she isn't to blame
    sally
    +1
    I personally think it's the ignorant people who listen to every word she says. I hope this never happens but how ironic would it be if one of her kids ended up sick because they didn't get vaccinated? What would her followers believe then?
  • ««Gingey, the Master Debate... 2012/05/17 00:55:48
    No she isn't to blame
    ««Gingey, the Master Debater of Þ|-|Дэ†»»
    +1
    There are many people who don't get vaccines for other reasons.
  • susan BN-0 2012/05/17 00:15:05
    Yes she is partially to blame
    susan BN-0
    +3
    She used her Influence as a celebrity to convince parents to not vaccinate their kids for a reason she has no proof of,I would never take health advise from a celebrity.
  • Gregaj7 2012/05/17 00:06:28 (edited)
    +1
    Mercury (Thimerisol), and the human body, just don't mix!

FYI: There are other ingredients in vaccines that also don't mix well with the human body.
    Update: The info in this posting is clearly pro-vaccination, and I'm not.
  • Assassi... Gregaj7 2012/05/17 00:55:46
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +1
    Thimerasol hasn't been used in vaccinations since 1999 and the incidence of Autism has continued to rise.
  • Gregaj7 Assassi... 2012/05/17 03:26:52
    +1
    I'm not accepting the link's posting as accurate info. It completely downplays the entire issue. When I last checked on the flu vaccine and physically looked at the box in which the it was packed, I could not find any listing of what was in the the liquid. Big Pharma makes their living on lying. I stand as such that I will take a bullet in the forehead before I'll take a needle in the arm.
  • hasher 2012/05/16 23:57:50
    No she isn't to blame
    hasher
    +3
    people are smart enough to make up their own minds about vaccines. i had all my kids vaccinated. the disease far outweighs the danger of any vaccine. vaccines saves lives jenny mcarthy is just another celebrity spouting off what she believes.
  • Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA 2012/05/16 23:43:18 (edited)
    No she isn't to blame
    Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Thimerosol is STILL used in vaccines. Here is what the CDC says about it: http://www.cdc.gov/flu/protec...
    It does contain mercury. Science says that Mercury is BAD for people. http://www.mercola.com/articl...
  • Assassi... Torchma... 2012/05/17 00:57:20
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +2
    This is from your own link: Since 2001, no new vaccine licensed by FDA for use in children has contained thimerosal as a preservative, and all vaccines routinely recommended by CDC for children younger than 6 years of age have been thimerosal–free, or contain only trace amounts of thimerosal, except for multi–dose formulations of influenza vaccine. The most recent and rigorous scientific research does not support the argument that thimerosal–containing vaccines are harmful. However, CDC and FDA continually evaluate new scientific information about the safety of vaccines.

Do you even read this stuff?
  • Mark Mercer 2012/05/16 23:14:57
    Yes she is partially to blame
    Mark Mercer
    +2
    Like you contribute to global warming when you fart. After she said her 'piece' I honestly think, she hoped people would decide for themselves.
  • TruBluTopaz 2012/05/16 23:13:35
    Yes she is partially to blame
    TruBluTopaz
    +3
    McCarthy, along with other self-important celebrities, has led protests on many things that are not harmful, but which are deemed so by their gurus or psychic healers. In this case, McCarthy tried to blame her son's autism on vaccines, when there has been no demonstrated connection whatsoever. But thanks to that, countless parents have had to pay five times more for shots for their children due to the failure to enact tort reform against such nuisance lawsuits. This is right up there with the issues with DDT, which have led to countless deaths from Malaria and other mosquito borne diseases in the Third World nations and Meryl Streep's stupid and unfounded campaign against Alar which almost destroyed Uniroyal. Let's stop allow stupid uneducated celebrities from using their fame to lead us down the wrong path.

Or haven't you learned anything from the 2008 election?
  • Tori Childers 2012/05/16 23:07:28 (edited)
    Yes she is partially to blame
    Tori Childers
    +2
    and the foolish parents that believed a celebrity and not a qualified doctor. If I was a parent I would rather my child live with Autism then have to be one of the parents that outlives their child.

2014/09/01 21:37:39