Is It Sexy to Have a Gap Between Your Teeth?

Related Topics: Fashion, Jean, Model
Not long ago, gap-toothed smiles were being corrected at the orthodontist's office -- usually at mom and dad's expense. But now, having a gap between your teeth is suddenly in demand.

The look was in demand at model casting calls for New York's Fashion Week, according to The Wall Street Journal. "True Blood" star Anna Paquin isn't afraid to flash her gappy smile, which is just about everywhere these days -- and she told Us Weekly she hates it when people ask her why she hasn't "fixed" her grin.

And that's only the start of it. The gap can currently be seen in high-fashion magazines like Vogue and W, as well as ads for Chanel, Marc Jacobs, Hudson jeans and Miu Miu.

"I think people want to see something different, something off," model casting director Natalie Joos told the WSJ.

W magazine editor-in-chief Stefano Tonchi called the look "a love for the imperfect, and the authentic."

"These are values that are more and more important for younger generations. Originality, authenticity…in a world that is more and more digitally enhanced," he told the paper.

We're all for the Lauren Hutton look. In fact, we have a crooked tooth that we were thinking of having fixed -- but we don't want to ruin our chances in the modeling industry!

Is It Sexy to Have a Space Between Your Teeth?

Read More: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100014240527487037...

• valeexo 2013/12/05 00:25:13
    Yes, it's a cute look.
    valeexo
    +1
    i think its hot and so cute i actually wish i had a tooth gap :/
  • jilster 2013/10/25 22:28:02
    Yes, it's a cute look.
    jilster
    I have a large gap I used to hate it but now it's a topic of conversation. I wouldn't b without it it's unique to me.
  • kay 2013/07/07 22:42:48 (edited)
    No, it's ugly.
    kay
    +1
    If a tooth gap is sexy, then I want to be ugly for the rest of my life. Sorry, but where I come from (The sunny beaches of beautiful California) tooth gaps are one of the most unwanted features you can have. And the people who like tooth gaps seem to be really rude about their opinion as well. Read the comments people, because the tooth gap-lovers are being jerks to the rest of us. Not lying, just stating provable facts.
  • rebecca kay 2013/11/14 01:30:45
    rebecca
    +3
    Sorry, but you're wrong. You can't speak for everyone in California, especially when there are models and celebrities adored for their gaps on Hollywood red carpets.
  • valeexo kay 2013/12/05 00:30:47
    valeexo
    +2
    you might have a point there i'm also from california but not clearly everyone thinks that way and please don't say that tooth gap lovers are rude because you probably saw one person being we are not all like that.
  • Coco 2013/06/16 08:55:27
    Yes, it's a cute look.
    Coco
    What I am noticing is that those who say its ugly have or had a gap.I have a fairly sizable gap in between my front teeth.My front teeth are rounded at the bottom.I was very insecure and afraid of what others would think about my gap so I very rarely smiled when I was younger.Fear of the unknown is debilitating.It will bring forth self hatred & anger.Remember You are Beautiful!....Love yourself a little bit more.Smile while someone is looking and when nobody is looking.Be the best you can be & Run your own race...Oh one more thing..GAPS F****in' ROCK!!!
  • hannah_13 2013/06/08 17:57:51
    Yes, it's a cute look.
    hannah_13
    +3
    Yea! Its sexy and makes you different!
  • latoya.hallbrown 2013/04/08 23:51:08
    Yes, it's a cute look.
    latoya.hallbrown
    Well I have a gap and I'm content with it... I wish society would just freeze but that's. What we do we judge on looks models too skinny too fat I've been joked repeatedly about my smile but I'm happy my husband likes it and I guess for now gap stays...
  • Kathy 2013/02/10 08:03:36
    Yes, it's a cute look.
    Kathy
    I am a 14 year old girl and I have a gap too. I like it. I look absolutely cute and everywhere I go people always say I'm beautiful so why hate your gaps? Why care about other peoples opinions? Be happy about who you are!
  • Annah 2012/12/27 21:16:14
    Yes, it's a cute look.
    Annah
    +1
    Gappy and proud wheeeeeeee! ;D
  • rainbowratedxxxally 2012/12/27 03:11:31
    Yes, it's a cute look.
    rainbowratedxxxally
    +1
    I am a 16 year-old girl & I have a gap between my front teeth. I don't like it on myself but, on some people it looks great. It all depends on your face shape, other features & personality. Because if you have a horrible personality, nothing is going to make you beautiful. Sorry. My boyfriend & I have been together for 2 years & he LOVES my gap. In fact, he tells me it was one of the first things that attracted him to me. He gets upset when I talk about getting it fixed. It differs on the person but, the point is that you should love yourself the way you are. & If you are thinking about getting it fixed, do it for yourself not to gain acceptance from other people.
  • SexyGap... rainbow... 2013/01/11 07:47:23
    SexyGapTeeth
    Right on - rock that gap!
  • SexyGapTeeth 2012/12/07 18:27:52
    Yes, it's a cute look.
    SexyGapTeeth
    Check out my Tumblr about how I feel: http://sexygapteeth.tumblr.com/

check tumblr feel httpsexygapteeth tumblr
  • mrs.star 2012/06/15 20:39:19
    Yes, it's a cute look.
    mrs.star
    +1
    i have a gap, its medium size but im sholl damn proud to have and dont give a damn wat hating ass bitches have to say bout it so imma keep doin what i do best lookin cute
  • rosie 2012/05/20 21:56:23
    Yes, it's a cute look.
    rosie
    C:\Documents and Settings\Rosie\My Documents\My Pictures
    EMBRACE YOUR GAP. All you need is confidence in life..Having straight teeth & no self esteem is worse than having the worst smile in the world!
  • Anna 2012/05/05 23:55:44
    Yes, it's a cute look.
    Anna
    Let's be happy with the way we were created and leave the evils of envy behind us and focus on more positive things! :)
  • michelle0415 2012/04/29 17:54:48
  • bekaaa michell... 2012/11/08 20:52:23
    bekaaa
    +1
    Hiya, I'm in year 10 and yeh I have the same sorta gap as you, and tbh I don't care either...until the comments start, it gets irritating at times because you think people will judge you for it but bitches are gonna hate I have a boyfriend and everytime I say I'm gonna get braces he goes na coz he thinks its cute but yet again, I still wanna get rid of it asap x
  • sade4 2012/04/26 00:57:31
    No, it's ugly.
    sade4
    +1
    I am 18 yrs old I have to admit my self esteem is below low I hate takin pics I'm scared to tlk to guys cause I kno tht they find it absolutely ugly I've been picked on all my life about it by guys nd all :( Bt i never had the money to get it fixed if I did i would !
  • Anna sade4 2012/05/05 23:53:45
    Anna
    +1
    Well, I'll tell you it's not considered ugly in most of the world...Beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder, age old reasoning there......and I must say the great lengths that people do in this modern age to mimic another stranger is quite alarming, let's take a closer look at that disaster! Thanks!
  • PHL2MSY sade4 2012/05/16 03:21:41
    PHL2MSY
    +1
    Natalie Cole, Lauren Hutton, Keshia Cole are great looking women with a gap in their front teeth. It is very sexy
  • ~Violate Harmon~ 2012/04/06 01:39:23
    Yes, it's a cute look.
    ~Violate Harmon~
    I'm a teen and have a gap inbetween my teeth. My family doesn't have the money to get me braces, and I'm so self concience about my gap. People seem to always comment on my beautiful eyes, nose, and face, but they never seem to say that my teeth are pretty. I guess the gap must look good on only some people(ex. Anna Paquin) and not on others? I hate it how people judge someone just on their teeth, I think it's horrible, and it makes me feel shunned out at my school because I'm the only one that has one. People seem to draw away from me from seeing my teeth, and my gap isn't even that big! I just wish it wasn't there :(
  • Stephanie 2012/03/16 20:00:14
    Yes, it's a cute look.
    Stephanie
    +1
    i thought my gap was ugly and wanted to do anything in my powerr to remove it but when it came time i backed down. My gap makes me special...different and im not ashamed of it anymore. Its sexy as hell and it takes a very powerful and strong person to realize this! To all the idiots saying its ugly. Give me a break. Your worried about our gaps...look at your teeth!!! As a matter of fact look at your face! Im sexy all year round. How about you? I gaurentee you have a low selfesteem..other wise you wouldnt be putting down someone else
  • Charity 2011/12/11 02:24:48
    Yes, it's a cute look.
    Charity
    I have a gap in my front teeth, & I have always been extremely self conscious. I recently ran for Miss Illinois USA & I was very nervous about my smile. All the other women had beautiful, gorgeous smiles. However, I placed in the top 16 & went all the way to the top 5. I placed 1st runner up & one of the judges came up to me afterwards & praised me about the natural beauty of my smile. Girls with gaps should be viewed as even more beautiful due to their unusual eccentric "Gap Look." :)
  • Madison 2011/11/27 03:17:45
    No, it's ugly.
    Madison
    its not ugly but its definitely not sexy. but if i like a guys personality i wont care about what his teeth look like
  • Katie 2011/11/26 03:47:23
    No, it's ugly.
    Katie
    +1
    Well I have a noticeable gap in between my two front teeth, I am only a teenager and my parents cannot afford the stuff to fix it. I am very insecure about my gap, but I don't like the comments about looking like a hillbilly, and how it is stupid and everyone should get it fixed. Sure...if you have the money. My sister and I both have this gap, we just were unlucky I guess. But even though I have this gap, I really don't care if someone likes it on me or not. I figure, if you are going to focus on a gap in between someone's teeth, then your not worth my time. There are many people who are very beautiful, with perfect straight teeth that are complete jerks, or stupid. But I chose it's ugly, because that's how I see it on myself. Hopefully I can get it fixed when I'm older.
  • Stephanie Katie 2012/03/16 20:25:37
    Stephanie
    i hope your working on your self esteem while your at it
  • SexyGap... Katie 2012/12/07 18:30:04
    SexyGapTeeth
    +10
    Accept your smile, accept yourself!
  • Rico 2011/11/07 23:52:21
    Yes, it's a cute look.
    Rico
    I'm a 20 year old black male. I love my gap. Its one of the things that sets me apart from other people. All of my life I have always had the BEST looking females after me and have received compliments on my smile ALL the time. For the people that are downing gaps, If you're a guy I'm almost willing to bet that I could bag your girl and If you're a female more than likely you're ugly and probably want to dwell on other people's so called flaws to overlook your own. For anybody out there looking for that little boost in confidence to help you decide whether or not to keep your gap take my advice. Keep it. Its you and anything else would be unauthentic.
  • Name 2011/08/26 04:02:50
  • meghan 2011/03/15 23:02:01
    Yes, it's a cute look.
    meghan
    I have a gap and i absolutely hate it just because of rude people like below :/ im extremely self concious and would like my gap gone. but i know i'm absolutly very pretty so people who are on here saying
    "ewww " grow the heck up i mean for real. i bet i'm way better looking than most of you so think before you type that stuff. becasue obviously you dont know what it's like to have one.
  • caitlin... meghan 2011/07/14 18:07:05
    caitlinm.macintyre@ntlworld.com
    +2
    I have a gap in between my teeth but I am going to get braces to fix it and I will have to wear a retainer for most of my life should I get it ?
  • Name meghan 2011/08/26 04:03:25
    Name
    +3
    Agreed! (:
  • PHL2MSY 2010/11/19 01:04:16
    Yes, it's a cute look.
    PHL2MSY
    +1
    Yes she is very sexy don't you agree natile colesexy
  • Stephanie PHL2MSY 2012/03/16 20:24:53
    Stephanie
    +1
    Beautiful!!!
  • David (oYo) 2010/10/15 08:27:57
  • Деян 2010/10/13 18:36:11
  • Anne 2010/09/27 21:36:44
    No, it's ugly.
    Anne
    its not horrible, but its not very attractive. i had themand just didnt like them
  • Stephanie Anne 2012/03/16 20:23:43
    Stephanie
    you dont like yourself! accept who you are and stop tryin to be like everyone else...but its too late for that right? You already had that low self esteem
    No, it's ugly.
    No I dont see how people think thats sexy at all.

2014/09/23 15:51:11