Is It Safe To Smoke Kudzu?

chaoskitty123 2010/11/17 07:04:41
I have a friend who smokes this stuff and swears he gets a buzz off it similar to marijuana and it's safe. He said that with this stuff growing all over the South... let the government outlaw smoking it as that would means a war on weed they can't win because this stuff is the ultimate survivor and is all over everything during the late Spring to early Fall.

Have any of you smoked this stuff? I never knew it could be smoked I must admit but if it in any way gives people a buzz... the marijuana people may have just found an alternative.

Kudzu has may of the properties of Kudzu as Kudzu vines are extremely tough like hemp and if you ever need liquid refreshment while you are thirsty, the vines are usually full of water. Apparently, there's a movement out there now spreading the idea of smoking pot instead of marijuana because there's no way the government can stop you because they can't stop this weed... they've spent untold millions trying to kill it but like fireants, this is one invader they haven't found a way to stop.

And kudzu is now being used to fight alcoholism and cocaine addiction so it's a good weed http://www.timescolonist.com/health/Kudzu+extract+treat+cocai...
And even helps stop smoking tobacco breaking cigarette addiction which other research I did reveals kudzu isn't addictive http://www.prlog.org/10022006-kudzu-to-help-stop-smoking.html and can even be eaten with effects like curing hangovers absolutely proven true.

It seems that studies everywhere are finding kudzu to be a natural cure for many of our worst addiction and even nullifies some of the after effects because ingredients in it. It makes excellent animal feed and people courageous enough to try eating it like the Chinese and others in Asia do swear the stuff actually tastes pretty good. They use it for a lot of things including to stop death when you've been poisoned http://www.prlog.org/10047034-kudzu-to-help-stop-smoking.html

However, read this one and those of you who believe in global warming... get ready for a shock http://www.grouchyoldcripple.com/archives/004993.html That's right, like everything else including cow farts, kudzu causes global warming lol.

• Racefish 2010/11/21 15:05:53
    Racefish
    Sounds like the poster has been in something.
  • Theresa 2010/11/21 05:15:28
    Theresa
    +2
    Kudzu is one plant I would not mind to see it have other uses other than taking over the landscape!
  • Dagon 2010/11/21 04:52:39
  • FeedFwd ~POTL 2010/11/21 04:51:09
    FeedFwd ~POTL
    +2
    I doubt it is healthful to smoke anything. Smoke is the product of incomplete combustion and generally not particularly good for your lungs. But certainly, it ought to be a personal decision. For some, the good may well outweigh the bad.
  • Don Leuty 2010/11/21 04:33:27 (edited)
    Don Leuty
    +2
    The old mile-a-minute vine. This Japanese invader has many friendly uses such as cattle feed and medicinal compounds. Like marijuana hemp, it is a rapid growing weed that is hard to kill out. It also is a nuisance plant that can choke out desirable vegetation.

It can retrieve leeched minerals from subsoil and return them to the topsoil. Like peas, they can restore nitrogen levels to the soil. The southeastern states have become overrun with this vine because it has no natural competitors in the States.
  • Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel 2010/11/21 03:58:14 (edited)
    Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel
    We have this stuff all over our back yard fence and in the trees. Its hard to get RID of and is actually choking out a Pecan tree and two Crape Mertles.... Every time I try to rid of them, liquid drops all over the place including my hair. Drives me nuts.
  • busyboots Annie~P... 2010/11/21 17:37:24
    busyboots
    So it must be full of water like stated in the article. Never knew that.

2014/12/21 17:20:25