Is it right to teach children that homosexuality is normal and acceptable.

Bilal 2012/12/04 21:02:49
I believe it is wrong to tell children that sin is all right.

Read More: http://www.conservapedia.com/Homosexual_Agenda

• Herbtheman 2012/12/05 02:34:45
    No, I think it wrong to tell children it is okay to be gay.
    Herbtheman
    +50
    Its as wrong as it can be and children should never be exposed to it.

• vanessar 2014/01/24 03:12:09 (edited)
    Yes, I approve of telling children it is okay to be gay.
    vanessar
    Nothing wrong with teaching the truth and preventing kids from thinking there's something wrong with them when there is not.

And it's wrong to lie to kids and tell them something so natural is a sin. Kids lives are pressured enough without having some sanctimonious Bible thumper hammering away at them.
  • kobidobidog 2014/01/24 03:00:43 (edited)
    kobidobidog
    +1
    We need to decrease the number of people wanting to act like a sharia Muslim thinking a sword, rope or stones are power and justice. We need to teach people about good chiropractic care, all ages, now, upcspine, The spesific chiropractic and upper cervical, heath centers. The do not do full spine manipulation not twisting the neck to try to adjust anything not using traction not using cavitation.
  • joe.bean.98031 2013/11/06 00:50:21
  • Helen 2013/07/17 05:31:06
    Helen
    +3
    It is despicable child abuse to tell children it is okay to be perverted.
  • vanessar Helen 2014/01/24 03:17:17
    vanessar
    It's despicable child abuse to try to force some child who is gay to be straight, especially when they can't and never will be.
  • Verberat 2013/07/14 01:35:55
    Verberat
    +1
    There is nothing wrong with encouraging full acceptance of homosexuality and bisexuality in society. It certainly won't hurt anyone. It should be seen as normal and equal to heterosexuality, because it is! A huge benefit to society is that same-sex couples can adopt babies to give them a loving home and family.
  • JwonGalt 2013/05/08 04:25:02
    JwonGalt
    +1
    It is normal
    And it is acceptable.

It would be wrong to teach children not to be true to who they are.
  • Emo Rocker 2013/05/06 02:42:04 (edited)
    Emo Rocker
    +4
    I don't believe it's okay to be gay. Yes, I think it's a sin, but even just my rational mind tells me it's not right.
  • vanessar Emo Rocker 2014/01/24 03:25:36
    vanessar
    You mean your societally brainwashed mind? There's nothing rational about that when psychiatrists have said for 50 years now that being gay is not an illness. You think you can force people to be who they are not just because you are prejudiced and don't like it? It doesn't work that way.
  • Emo Rocker vanessar 2014/01/24 04:10:33
    Emo Rocker
    +2
    Oh get over yourself, you don't have to a biology major to know it's not right, that our bodies were not created that way. Looking at this in a purely scientific way homosexuals cannot procreate, male and female bodies are designed for heterosexual relations period, There is no scientific benefit to homosexuality at all, nor is there any reasonable cause. , Okay gays exist and if people are okay with living that lifestyle more power to them, but to say that it's okay, is just moronic and comes from a diluted mind without understanding.
  • vanessar Emo Rocker 2014/07/03 23:53:50 (edited)
    vanessar
    A biology professor ? No, you don't have to be to recognized what discriminatory , prejudiced , hateful bigots you an your kind are and are determined to remain. No matter how many experts in the field prove your wretched attitude wrong, you will hold on tight to it because you are full of ignorance, fear and an unwillingness to ever admit you're wrong.

UNLIKE THE SOCK BELOW I DON'T LIVE ON SH. I HAVE A REAL LIFE.
  • Emo Rocker vanessar 2014/07/04 00:05:36
    Emo Rocker
    Seriously it took you this long to respond, Everything you just said, I put back on you, that's what I say to you. So believe whatever you want. I no longer wish to discuss this with you, you are the bigot.
  • Denny Boy 2013/05/06 02:13:55
    Denny Boy
    +3
    Why are there so many homosexuals right now? Because it is "acceptable" in America thats why. Other countries where committing homosexual acts is illegal, there are way less homosexuals.
    http://forums.wireless.att.co...
  • vanessar Denny Boy 2014/01/24 03:28:48
    vanessar
    What an idiotic remark. There have always been as many gay people as there are right now. They just had to hide their true personalities because of intolerant, ill informed bigots like you. Now, they pay no attention to your horrendous opinions and live their lives the way they were meant to live.
  • not again vanessar 2014/07/03 19:33:33
    not again
    What is "idiotic" about what Denny Boy said? He spoke the truth. Go to another country & see how "acceptable" it is. You might find yourself with your head on the chopping block or other methods of execution or find yourself sent to prison. Only in America is the gay agenda pushed to be accepted as "normal". If homosexuality was "normal" then whether you believe in God of we descended from apes - there would have been 2 men created/evolved or 2 women - not a man & a woman. It is people like you that can't accept that there are people who will never accept homosexuality, so you call them "bigots" of "homophobes". You do realize that some people live by a moral code & not all are from religion. It is when people disagree with homosexuality that the gays come out & attack those who disagree with the gay lifestyle. You should also realize that people can love a person, without being accepting of their choices in sexual matters. I believe that homosexuality is wrong & not normal. But, that doesn't mean I hate the person who is gay - I just don't approve of their lifestyle & am sick & tired of seeing gay matters, not only in the media, but forced upon others in the movies, TV, commercials, advertisements, etc. Those who are straight also have rights too.
  • vanessar not again 2014/07/03 23:54:32
    vanessar
    I choose not to engage with neurotic bigots.
  • runningintriangles 2013/05/06 00:10:50
    runningintriangles
    +1
    Because it is okay to be gay. -__-''
  • Jenni 2013/05/04 22:33:36 (edited)
    Jenni
    +1
    The point of sins is to set guidelines for humans. If the guidelines are followed in faith it signifies that you have chosen god and you are completely loyal to him and that being gay or any other "sin" cannot take you from God. The point of Christianity is that you are able to have the choice to either belong to god or take another path, If you cannot allow your children to for their own understandings of being gay how do you ever expect them to choose god. Instead, when they're facing the real world and not your world of lies, they may feel as if you've chosen the path of faith for them and that you've, rather than letting them make their own choices, forced it upon them. This could even cause them to resent you. If you feel offended by this then it's probably because you see at least a slight bit of truth in my words and maybe even a presence of this in your life with either your parents or even your children.
    This is only what I've experienced in my life. My parents have constantly, and still continue to annoy me constantly about church, Christianity and religion. Their constant attempts seem to have gone the other way seeing that i am a bisexual atheist.I you are so worried about your child being gay because of what you tell them when they're young then you should try expl...
    This is only what I've experienced in my life. My parents have constantly, and still continue to annoy me constantly about church, Christianity and religion. Their constant attempts seem to have gone the other way seeing that i am a bisexual atheist.I you are so worried about your child being gay because of what you tell them when they're young then you should try explaining to them what the difference between homosexuality and heterosexuality is and let them make their decision on the matter when they're old enough to. When you tell them it's wrong and that homosexuals are sinners and wrong then you are just spreading hatred towards a group of people. You should explain to them why you think the way you do AFTER they've made their minds up on the situation.
  • Sofahead 2013/05/04 21:24:42
    Sofahead
    I don't think you should teach children anything on this subject who aren't yet in their teens, unless they start asking questions about it.
  • Casey 2013/05/04 20:26:41
    Casey
    But don't tell them being gay is wrong either. Just accept them for who they are.
  • Cedric 2013/05/04 20:08:34
    Cedric
    +1
    This is my personal opinion , I wouldn't raise my kids telling them it's okay to be gay , I would tell them it's not but I would also tell them it's okay to TOLERATE AND ACCEPT gay people.
  • naarcissus 2013/05/04 18:39:36
    naarcissus
    +2
    I don't say so that way though. I tell my son that what Consenting Legal Adults do to/with each other is nobodies business but their own.
  • luke-jones 2013/05/04 18:11:07 (edited)
    luke-jones
  • Korintje 2013/05/04 17:35:52
    Korintje
    +1
    Because it is ....my god....
  • Kiki,Pixie,Worm 2013/05/04 17:15:03
    Kiki,Pixie,Worm
    I don't really think it is the teacher's job to tell a kid that. I think it is more of the parent's job, or maybe the kid can decide its own opinions. Just my opinion though.
  • Doc Freeman BTO-T-TB~pwcmjla~ 2013/05/04 17:14:32
    Doc Freeman BTO-T-TB~pwcmjla~
    Children are very easily persuaded to do what you want them to do. I do not think any parent should tell them it is ok to be gay unless the child, first is old enough to really know what they want and how they feel. Then if they question you about their feelings explain to them what it means and let them make up their own mind. If this is not done then later in life they will hate you for forcing them into a way of life that was not what they wanted.
  • Bobby 48 2013/05/04 17:12:48
  • kitkat42 2013/05/04 17:09:28
    kitkat42
    +1
    Why not? Its a part of life and they need to know about it and not be fearful or hateful about it. What a cruel thing, to teach children to be intolerant of anything.
  • Jack's Pearl 2013/05/04 17:07:07
    Jack's Pearl
    +2
    Because it's the truth. They will be gay or straight naturally. Learning about heterosexuality (what EVERYONE learns) doesn't stop homosexuality, so it won't be true the other way around.
  • RJeffreySavlov 2013/05/04 16:17:51
    RJeffreySavlov
    It is not normal in general but they should be taught that there are as many different lifestyles as there are religions. Not every one is acceptable to all of us.
  • TerryAgee 2013/05/04 16:11:23 (edited)
    TerryAgee
    +6
    There is nothing normal about sodomites.
  • GoDucks5 2013/05/04 05:14:35
    GoDucks5
    +7
    Being gay is wrong and unnatural. I try not to judge people who have chosen to be gay though. You definitely shouldn't teach children it though.
  • ZeldaFan13 GoDucks5 2013/05/04 17:25:00
    ZeldaFan13
    +2
    Being christian is wrong and unnatural. I try not to judge people who have chosen to be christian though. You definitely shouldn't teach children it though.
  • SICARIO 2013/05/04 05:13:12
    SICARIO
  • Bedeude 2013/05/02 18:27:31
    Bedeude
    Telling a child that its not okay to be gay causes nothing but suffering. Telling them this makes them think there is something wrong with them, and they will end up falling into a state of depression, self-hatred, and suicidal ideation.
    You may think that what you're doing is "best for them," but its not. Doing this will end up in you losing your child, they may run away or attempt to take their own life.
    You need to love your child unconditionally, no matter if they are or aren't

Many people may bash you for this question, but I will offer some actual advice.
    Contact the group called PFLAG (parents and friends of lesbians and gays), many parents who try to cope with their child who is gay (les, bi, or trans) go through a state of grief.

Their dreams and ambitions for this child suddenly are gone (wanting grandchildren, etc...). They will not judge you, and accept people of all faiths.
  • allseeingbeing 2013/04/07 16:41:04
    allseeingbeing
    +2
    you all sound appalling. Homosexuality can be dated as far back as humanity. It was never considered a taboo until Christianity was created by man. More the 50,000 animal species including humans display homosexuality. Go ahead and tell your child that homosexuality is wrong and immoral. That way, if they turn out to be gay, (would be born that way), they can build an inferiority complex and learn to hate themselves. Or hate others because of what you taught them, or allowed them to be exposed to. You all talk about how much you love your God, and want to live by his words, but remember this. Your God has a "plan" for everybody, right? And homosexuals are born that way... So it's your God's plan for them. Practice what you preach. Stop judging people. Learn to love others as your neighbor.
  • Angela 2013/01/07 18:31:46
    Angela
    its not a choice; and if your child turns out to be gay; they should be able to be happy within their own skin without spending their whole life worrying that they will go to hell and their parents will hate them for things they can't help. how would you like it if it was the other way around? try putting yourself in someone else's shoes. (: and I apologize for sounding pushy ; but I just don't agree with you at all. its different if you tell your kid its okay to be a murderer. but even then you should gain your children's trust and want them to come to you with their problems rather then be scared you will shun them for the things they can't change. right? telling them they are wrong and disgusting because they have sexual feelings for someone of the same sex which must be confusing enough as it is, is just going to make them hate you, if it turns out that they are gay. you should be teaching your kids to accept other people rather then teaching them that everybody is wrong and to judge and fear everybody.
  • kieran 2013/01/06 20:33:52
    kieran
    +3
    There may be a gay child who is told this and then gathers up the confidence to come out
  • Billy the kid 2013/01/04 13:58:12
    Billy the kid
    +4
    Parents, naturally, must teach children what THEY believe is 'right'-that's THEIR choice and theirs' alone. personally, I would no more have taught MY own children when they were growing up that 'homosexuality is right' than I would have taught them that it was 'right' to be a sex offender...
    of any description...
  • Angela Billy t... 2013/01/07 18:33:19
    Angela
    +2
    you shouldn't be teaching your kids either really. you should be teaching them that however they turn out you will love them regardless.

2014/09/03 01:17:09