Is it possible to be straight with 'an exception'?

peaches 2011/10/03 00:37:40
I've been slightly confused for the past few weeks, and I want to know if anyone else thinks that it is possible to be straight but have an exception from the same sex that you like.
I've gotten pretty close to this girl who is a lesbian, and has a girl friend. I've never had a boyfriend before, but I've never looked at a girl like that either, nor have I started to look at any other girls in that way recently. I can definatly say that I am straight and like guys. Anyway, she told me that she has a crush on me and I'm starting to think that I do too. We've kissed before as well, and I can't say that I'm opposed.
Could she be my exception?

• snazzpants 2013/09/01 20:44:00
    snazzpants
    I'm in the same situation with a girl. We've kissed, we like each other, but we're not dating (I guess neither of us want to either, we're not "relationship people".) and I'm straight.
    but yeah, sounds to me like..you're straight. You're attracted to guys but there is one girl you like. You're not lesbian or bi because if you were you'd be attracted to girls but you're not. I think yes, you're straight with an exception.
  • Otaku Link 2011/10/06 15:12:02
    Otaku Link
    I don't have any idea here.
  • Wolfdude 2011/10/06 01:01:59
    Wolfdude
    It's called bicurious
  • Hunny Bunny 2011/10/04 02:16:06
    Hunny Bunny
    +1
    im goin thru the same thing i no how it fells and u can tell her and see what she says thats wat i did & now im bi
  • peaches Hunny B... 2011/10/04 02:57:47
    peaches
    Good to know that other cases do happen (: We're kinda having this conversation right now ironically... I feel awkward cause she's so much more open than I am, but I suppose it will work out
  • Hunny B... peaches 2011/10/10 00:59:04
    Hunny Bunny
    +1
    that's good hope it goes well <3
  • mrscas 2011/10/03 14:25:27
    mrscas
    You are just asking for trouble. It would be best to stay away from this person.
  • peaches mrscas 2011/10/03 23:14:41
    peaches
    Why would this be asking for trouble?
  • iamthemob ~ the 444th Guru ~ 2011/10/03 05:10:02
    iamthemob ~ the 444th Guru ~
    +1
    Human sexuality is one of those things that, on a personal level, pretty much defies logic.

You can't really reason your way through this. If you are really attracted to her, that's all you need to know. Whether you think you're going to be ready to act on it is a whole other issue...
  • Valerie Howeth 2011/10/03 03:57:19
    Valerie Howeth
    Dump it!
  • ♫♪‼Chloey Arddun‼♫♪ 2011/10/03 03:27:22
    ♫♪‼Chloey Arddun‼♫♪
    some people like to experiment but aren't attracted to both genders I guess.
  • Surgeon ~The Egalitarianist~ 2011/10/03 02:45:34
    Surgeon ~The Egalitarianist~
    +1
    It might be more like a single target sexuality. Like, you're not attracted to GIRLS, you feel attracted to that one girl and just her.
    I was romantically attracted to another girl once (not sexually, I'm Asexual) because she was just that awesome and trustworthy and i had never met another person like her before. But forget about other girls, they were totally worthless compared to her.

Anyway, an exception doesn't make a rule. Sounds to me like you're just attracted to this one girl but you're not attracted to just any ol' girl. And by attracted to, I mean based purely on material things or looks. Attraction can come from a deep connection, thus creating an exception to the rule.

So you can be totally attracted to men only, she just happens to be the one exception. That doesn't mean you're bisexual or anything. As far as I'm concerned, her gender doesn't matter - it's her you like, you don't like her just for her body. So basically, male or female, I'd think you'd like her either way regardless of her gender. Therefore, seems more like "if it's you, it's okay" or an almost single target sexuality. Kind of.
  • peaches Surgeon... 2011/10/03 23:14:07
    peaches
    I definatly agree with you on most points made there, thanks!
    you may be bi sexual
  • peaches Sister ... 2011/10/03 00:56:58 (edited)
    peaches
    +1
    I've considered that, but I don't like any other girls. Nor have I ever. I can't even look at them in that way... Even if we did 'date' or something I would assume that after her I would never date any other girl. So I honestly couldn't see that being it... But thanks for answering! (:
  • GirlGoingGreen 2011/10/03 00:47:24 (edited)
    GirlGoingGreen
    +2
    Of course. It sounds cheesy, but you can't help who you like/love. You are only 15, so you have plenty of time to figure it all out. You are at an age where it gets confusing, but you'll figure it out in time. Do whatever your heart and gut tells you. Don't listen to labels or anything or anyone else.

• peaches GirlGoi... 2011/10/03 00:48:23
    peaches
    +1
    I love Paramore <3 thanks!
  • KC Hart 2011/10/03 00:43:53
    KC Hart
    +2
    There are exceptions to every rule, remember. You can still be straight; no one can tell you what you are but you. You're treating people as individuals rather than according to labels, which is a good thing :)
  • peaches KC Hart 2011/10/03 00:47:19
    peaches
    thanks (:

2014/10/25 15:28:32