Is it okay to choose him over my family?

Kimberly Curly 2012/02/05 02:50:32
I am engaged to this person for over a year now. We have knows each other for 1 year and 8 months. At first my parents and family love him, They think he was sweet, loving, generous, kind, respectful, and honest. Now, everything has changed already. My family has been telling me to find someone else, someone who can give me a better future. I just don't see anything wrong with my fiance. He's hardworking, he's a doctor! I am very sure he REALLY CAN give me a very good future! And now, he is disappointed with my family. He said that we should give our relationship some rest. I just don't want to lose him. I am scared that he will use that time and rest to look for someone else, and I am scared that he will fall in love with someone else. I want to choose him over my family, I just don't know for sure if it is okay. If my parents will still forgive me no matter what happens. I don't know what to tell my parents so they will understand and respect my decision.

• The River Rat 2012/02/05 05:09:15
    The River Rat
    What happened to change your family's opinion? Something doesn't sound right here
  • Marissa Lynn 2012/02/05 03:24:34
    Marissa Lynn
    girl im really sorry id just go with whatever makes you happy. Its ur life and your parents should be happy for you cause your happy . He sounds like a great person. Go get him girl.
  • Jenna ☮♡ッ 2012/02/05 03:06:27
  • Rukasaki ~~ Hawkshadow 2012/02/05 03:02:40
    Rukasaki ~~ Hawkshadow
    +1
    it's your choice, whatever you feel is right is what you should do. me? im the rebellious type. i dont give a crap what my family thinks i should do. i'll do what i want. if i was in this situation, id definitely go for him and tell my family to deal with it.
  • ..::localeye::.. 2012/02/05 03:01:57
    ..::localeye::..
    hmmmm...that is a toughy. I don't think there really is a right answer. I will say this...family will always be there for you.
  • Doug King 2012/02/05 02:55:38
    Doug King
    Yes, you want to spend the rest of your life with him right? Just be prepared for backlash from your family.

2014/10/22 00:10:49