Is it okay for a 18yr old and a 14yr old to date as long as they are not having sex???

Tiffany 2008/04/08 02:00:27
Not really
IDK

• WhenWilliMissU? 2008/04/08 04:13:31 (edited)
    WhenWilliMissU?
    +4
    Break the law, Breakin' the Law i was 14 and what now is my hubby was 18 and every thing is totally fine, im 22 now and we are still together.... age is nothing but a number....and he was not and is not immature.

• J-Dog 2009/09/03 15:44:30
    J-Dog
    +1
    Im a 18 year old guy, and Im dating a 14 year old girl. Theirs a 3 year, 9 month, & 28 day difference in age. Everyone on here seems to lean towards that as a bad thing, but we make each other Xtremely happy. And were not having sex, and have no plans 2 anywhere in the near future. Someday years from now if were both 100% sure shes ready physically, mentally, and that our relationship is ready for it we may take that step, but I will not do it even then unless we make a commitment 2 a future together which I plan to, but we wont even consider it until then. She's very mature for her age, and Im mature for mine, and most importantly out of all of this we Love each other. =) I would never do anything to pressure her in any way, and likewise she would never pressure me in anyway. One thing I think your all overlooking is that theirs assholes of every age, she dated someone her age 14, and he tryed to use her sexually and forced himself on her touching her inappropriately. This way I can look out for her from things like that, and make sure something like that doesnt happen again..Im even skeptical about us kissing, and holding hands but thats as far as things have gone, and will continue to go for a long time. And if she decides she wants 2 take a break and wait until were older ...

Im a 18 year old guy, and Im dating a 14 year old girl. Theirs a 3 year, 9 month, & 28 day difference in age. Everyone on here seems to lean towards that as a bad thing, but we make each other Xtremely happy. And were not having sex, and have no plans 2 anywhere in the near future. Someday years from now if were both 100% sure shes ready physically, mentally, and that our relationship is ready for it we may take that step, but I will not do it even then unless we make a commitment 2 a future together which I plan to, but we wont even consider it until then. She's very mature for her age, and Im mature for mine, and most importantly out of all of this we Love each other. =) I would never do anything to pressure her in any way, and likewise she would never pressure me in anyway. One thing I think your all overlooking is that theirs assholes of every age, she dated someone her age 14, and he tryed to use her sexually and forced himself on her touching her inappropriately. This way I can look out for her from things like that, and make sure something like that doesnt happen again..Im even skeptical about us kissing, and holding hands but thats as far as things have gone, and will continue to go for a long time. And if she decides she wants 2 take a break and wait until were older for the love & relationship we have 2 continue thats fine 2. =).. Im not a monster like you all are making us older guys out to be, Im very understanding, polite, considerate, and would do anything for her, or that she asked me to as long as it was within reason. Im not condoning all relationships with a big age difference like that by any means, i see many young girls get hurt all the time by older guys that use them for their own selfish purposes and then dispose of them like their an object, and it disgusts me, and breaks my heart to see. Women are people not objects!! If anyone who has used a girl before is reading this, your a horrible person and I hope your ashamed of what youve done.

I think it is okay, as long as they truly love each other. Respect each other, and abide by the age of consent law, & even then hopefully wait longer. =)
  • Scarlette 2009/08/01 06:07:28
    IDK
    Scarlette
    each situation is differient

i was 14 and having sex w/ 18/19 year olds....
    they had no idea i was that young!!!
    and it was a LONG LONG time ago...
    times have changed a lil bit
  • sweetserinity13 2009/06/25 12:00:16
    sweetserinity13
    it's fine. At fifteen I was dating a 19yr old. My parents were fine with it as long as nothing happened.
  • chrystal97 2009/06/10 06:00:17
    Not really
    chrystal97
    I'm pretty lenient about laws, but that's too much of a difference at that age. If she were 16 or 17 I'll say go for it, but at 14 or even 15 there is too much difference. Some girls are even less mature than others, so also depends on cognitive capabilities.
  • christy 2008/09/25 22:02:43
    Not really
    christy
    you can't date anyone who's 3or more, yrs. older than u. they say its rape.
    but i don't really care.
  • Plantgypc 2008/04/25 14:29:02
    Not really
    Plantgypc
    Are we talking a girl who is about to be 15 and a guy that just turned 19, or a girl who just turned 14 and a guy about to be 20. There's 4 years one way and 6 the other. I was brought up, you didn't date until 16 period. If you have a guy that about to be 20, what does he see in a 14 year old girl? He's a man, old enough to vote and fight in the war. She's still a teenie bopper. She may not look it but she is.
  • MOMOFTOR 2008/04/23 04:49:18
    Not really
    MOMOFTOR
    +1
    There is something wrong with and 18 year old who wants to date a 14 year old. Pedophilia anyone? Seriously, how is this okay to anyone???
  • Maria 2008/04/22 07:56:28
    Not really
    Maria
    18 yrs old intend to manipulative young girl who is native.
  • Jojo 2008/04/22 05:32:57 (edited)
    Jojo
    +1
    I was in a relationship when i was 14 and ended up pregnant. At the time he was 18. There was a ruthless seperation from him and my father by social services where all communication was cut off and it led to much hurt anguish and torment.He served 4yrs in prison and now has to register everywhere he goes which hurts my feelings. Now that we are both adults we care very deeply for each other still. So I think it isn't the worst thing in the world. He cared deeply for me then and still does 11 years later.
  • Nowonmai 2008/04/22 02:38:18
    Nowonmai
    +1
    Just dating, no problem. Going to movies together? Fine. Sharing a pizza, sure. Remember, the question stipulated "No Sex", and as long as that boundary is there, fine, data away!
  • chrystal97 Nowonmai 2009/06/10 06:03:08
    chrystal97
    Do you really believe that it will just be DATING with NO SEX at those ages?
    There's no self control involved.
  • Nowonmai chrystal97 2009/06/10 08:39:28
    Nowonmai
    Why not? I dated someone for 2 yrs and nothing happened. Not everyone is jumping on each other.
  • chrystal97 Nowonmai 2009/06/10 18:44:16
    chrystal97
    Most kids DO that's the problem. Yeah if they had control, but one thing leads to another then oh yeah SEX!!! Just get rid of the temptation.
  • Distorted 2008/04/09 01:05:19
    Not really
    Distorted
    +1
    emphatic no! because as immature as a typical 18 year old is, the 14 year old will be much moreso... bad combination of hormones and lack of common sense!
    WhenWilliMissU?
    +4
  • kimmpossiable 2008/04/08 03:15:38
    Not really
    kimmpossiable
    +1
    still against the law.. the individual is 18 !!
  • KellyDew~YES WE CAN 2008/04/08 02:19:23
    Not really
    KellyDew~YES WE CAN
    Im with Angie...
  • angie ~ MCCAIN / PALIN 08 2008/04/08 02:12:25
  • Angel 2008/04/08 02:09:09
    Not really
    Angel
    +1
    he could still go to jail
  • Kate 2008/04/08 02:06:57
    Not really
    Kate
    +1
    No. It's bad news. i've heard of ppl that get in trouble for it. wait till they are both of legal age then they can do whatever they want. as for me I got married to a wonderful man who is a lot older than me. lol
  • DrTim 2008/04/08 02:02:08
    DrTim
    NO! Absetivly NO!

2014/10/30 13:51:10