Is it ok to kill one person if it means it will directly or indirectly save more than one life?

Anonymousforobvious 2012/10/23 23:02:26
Other
I noticed that in most films. The one who adopts this philosophy is often portrayed as the bad guy or they must make serious concessions in order for it to be acceptible. Which i found irritating.

So i'd like to find out what public opinion is. Is it a logical case of weighing the options or am i just too cold?

• William 2012/11/25 10:27:28
    William
    The idea that "the ends justify the means" is why we are where we are. "Directly or indirectly", implies that the influence generated by this poll could be used as justification for terminating the lives of everyone who voted "Yes". Congrats! You just sanctioned your own annihilation.
  • Gone baby gone 2012/11/09 10:51:43
    Other
    Gone baby gone
    it is unfortunately done all of the time... sometimes a ton of folks are killed and not one bad guy found in the battle damage assessment.. I am sure nobody ever does more than shrug their shoulders and says nothing with that lost look in their faces... while saying of course.."oh well"
  • Miss Lori 2012/10/31 02:50:25
    Other
    Miss Lori
    It depends on if that one person is innocent. How can you justify taking the life of an innocent person? However, if you take the life of a serial killer to save innocent lives, that is proper.
  • Raithere 2012/10/29 14:57:19
    Raithere
    +1
    As others have already said, it depends on the exact circumstances. But generally, yes.
  • myteemouth 2012/10/24 09:03:59
    Other
    myteemouth
    +1
    It depends on the situation-if you are say in a situation where someone has become infected with a virus that will turn them into a cannibalistic killing machine then they need to die
  • Roger47 2012/10/24 05:04:54
    Other
    Roger47
    It completely depends on the circumstances, and your question does not give enough detail. In general, it is almost always wrong to take a life unless you have to do so to save another life.
  • KingdomNow 2012/10/24 00:59:35
    KingdomNow
    ...but doing something morally wrong never stopped me...
  • Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪ 2012/10/24 00:52:32
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +2
    I would.
  • jc 2012/10/24 00:52:15
    jc
    +1
    In self defense,hell yeah!I can always get another you,but,I can't get another me!
  • Beccy 2012/10/24 00:46:01
    I would hate to have to be a policeman making that discussion. Maybe it would be better to have more state mental hospitals so that people who are dangerous to others get help.
  • Patriot Unit 2012/10/24 00:41:35
    Patriot Unit
    +1
    That is a no brainer, if I am armed, and somebodies life is at risk other than mine, your dame Skippy that if given the chance, I will take the shot. The life or the many Innocent far out weighs the lawless one. That is something that the Liberal and the Islamic mindset don't seem to understand. You don't go to heaven for killing others, no matter what religion the follow. You in fact go to hell, and if you don't believe in hell, than you should wounder forever in the in between.
  • Tamara McMillan 2012/10/23 23:46:40
    Tamara McMillan
    +1
    There are situations where you sure would like to make the world a better place and just kill some lowlife creep but that is not for you to do. That would be you acting like a God or Judge and Jury all in one. I would think anyone with a soul would be eatten up with guilt if they killed another living thing. Sometimes you just have to walk away and move on hoping fate will take care of the lowlife and not do it yourself.
  • METALheadMom 2012/10/23 23:32:11
    METALheadMom
    +2
    Duh. I see a crazed crackhead holding a bus full of people hostage, threatening to take them all out. I have a loaded .45 in my purse. Dam straight I would and could take that dude out without one speck of remorse. Why let the jerk spend my tax money living behind bars forever? AH hell NO.
  • GoDucks5 2012/10/23 23:26:58
    Other
    GoDucks5
    Well no one's life is more important then anyone else's, I would say it's okay to kill yourself if it will save any lives though.

2014/11/26 06:40:55