Is incest illegal?

Smokey 2011/05/14 11:37:43
SodaHead friends, I need some serious legal advice because after a recent show that was aired on the Steve Wilkos Show, I want to find out where his recent guests Morgan and Brittany live so that I can find someone to put this creap away in jail. Morgan, the father (36) was having a sexual relationship with his daughter Brittany (18).

My mouth was wide openned during the entire show because I was expecting the SWAT team to rush the stage and arrest him.

I think they live in Ohio.

I'm going to make it my business to find out where they live so that I can save this girl's life. She needs some serious mental help. Oh, and by the way, she's wanting to get pregnant by her father too. This is why I want to stop this relationship now.

Is there any advice you can provide me? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Smokey

• Yahuda 2013/12/30 17:06:30
    Yahuda
    Biblical speaking it is. ...
  • seeul8er 2013/02/18 03:12:40
    seeul8er
    morgan is in stow, ohio. and brittney is in Akron ohio. But from the looks of it..they broke up! yippee!!
  • Commrade#371 2012/12/19 02:19:57
    Commrade#371
    I dont know if it is. I think its wrong but Its not my business.
  • Red 2012/12/09 23:03:26
  • Kookieless The Sexy Nihilis... 2012/12/09 21:28:50
  • eyeballz 2012/12/09 16:57:42
    eyeballz
    You need to consult a law book , not a bunch of opinionated know it alls !
  • lagrenouille 2012/12/08 13:21:52
    lagrenouille
    it depends on personal views, and I shall not share mine, and I'd suggest keeping your personal views personal and allowing what happens to happen, if the couple you mention had been compromised in any way, ie one party being under 18, the individual taking responsibility for the consent of the relationship would have been arrested right after the show, as horrible as this sounds to people out there, it truly is not your place to crucify these people because of who they chose to sleep with
  • [insert witty moniker here] 2012/12/07 18:21:40
    [insert witty moniker here]
    OH MY GOD! I'm going to die because the TV said that some people are doing something I don't agree with!
  • Todd Parsons 2012/12/07 15:35:06
    Todd Parsons
    Depends on which country you're in
  • bags the Indigenous Guru 2012/12/07 14:44:39
    bags the Indigenous Guru
    +1
    There was once a couple on the Springer Show, he was an adult, she was a minor. They were arrested as they deplaned here in NH (where they were from). I have faith that something much the same will take place here.
  • Christmas; In Chrome 2012/12/07 14:42:23
    Christmas; In Chrome
    It is sick, immoral, wrong, and totally disgusting. Should it ever be done? No. But do I think it's any of the government's business? No. Underage is one thing, that's a crime no matter what. But over 18 and consenting is no one's business no matter how sick and wrong it may be.
  • sneekyfoot 2012/12/07 14:36:24
    sneekyfoot
    its a horrible thing to be a victim of incest
  • Robin 2012/12/07 14:26:17
    Robin
    +1
    Incest is illegeal in alll states except Alabama, which turns its head. It is legally defined as intercourse between closely related individuals, grandparent/grandchild, Parent/child. The other incestous relationships are immoral and just taboo, but not necessary a violation of a law
  • Thank you but no... 2012/12/07 14:21:14
    Thank you but no...
    In the United States the District of Columbia and every state, except Rhode Island, have some form of codified incest prohibition. However, individual statutes vary widely. Rhode Island repealed its criminal incest statute in 1989,[30] Ohio only targets parental figures, and New Jersey does not apply any penalties when both parties are 18 years of age or older. A conviction for incest attracts the following penalties by state:

5 years imprisonment in Hawaii
    10 years imprisonment in North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Michigan and Minnesota
    14 years imprisonment in California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska and Idaho
    15 years imprisonment in Connecticut, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia and West Virginia
    20 years imprisonment in Massachusetts, New York, New Hampshire, Maine, Pennsylvania, and Vermont
    25 years imprisonment in Kansas, Nebraska, Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Colorado, Wyoming, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana and Kentucky
    Life imprisonment in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee.

Three convictions or more of incest also require the offenders to register as "Sex Offenders"

In all states, close blood-relatives that fall under the incest statutes include:
    Father
    Mother
    Grandfather
    ...

5 years imprisonment in Hawaii

Father
    Mother
    Grandfather
    Grandmother
    Brother
    Sister
    Aunt
    Uncle
    Niece
    Nephew
    First cousins (in some states)

Rhode Island allows uncles to marry their nieces if they are part of a community, such as orthodox Jews, for whom such marriages are permitted. Many states also apply incest laws to non-blood relations, including stepparents, step-siblings, and in-laws.
  • Chris 2012/12/07 08:53:34
    Chris
    dipends on the state
  • Jon the Flamer 2012/12/07 06:14:04
    Jon the Flamer
    I don't believe it's illegal to have a sexual relationship with a blood relative; it's not something I'd do because I dislike nearly all of my relatives, and find the others unattractive, and even if I did I still wouldn't, but I wouldn't judge anyone who would.

Also, the only way I'd see an issue with the relationship you described here is her Father and her had been sexually active before she turned 18, which is statutory rape. Despite that, there's nothing mentally wrong with her if she made that choice, and you would be wrong to make it your point to try and ruin what they have just because it's something you don't agree with.

To each their own I say, it's better to mind your business if the action isn't harmful to either parties.
  • jjvoodoo 2012/12/07 04:52:03
    jjvoodoo
    idk if its illegal but it shouldn't be, if 2 people wanna be with each other that's there business not ours
  • Brian ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮ 2012/12/07 02:57:28
    Brian ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    +1
    My advice would be, that if they aren't doing any kind of damage TO YOU SPECIFICALLY, mind your own business. I'll never understand the insane need some people have, to butt into other people's business.
  • bags th... Brian ☮... 2012/12/07 14:41:25
    bags the Indigenous Guru
    So....incest is okay by you?
  • Brian ☮... bags th... 2012/12/07 17:57:33
    Brian ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    The disgusting things other people voluntarily do to each other, simply ain't none of my business. My only business in life, is to purport MYSELF honorably, nobody else.
  • bags th... Brian ☮... 2012/12/07 18:06:58
    bags the Indigenous Guru
    So, it's okay by you that a parent, with the authority they wield over their child, abuses it and uses it to prey upon their own child. That is the best argument I've seen against Libertarianism.
  • Brian ☮... bags th... 2012/12/07 18:13:00
  • bags th... Brian ☮... 2012/12/07 18:17:29
    bags the Indigenous Guru
    +1
    Insults don't debate make. You don't seem to understand the influence a man has on his daughter during her growing years, or a little something called the Oedipus Complex. She wasn't always and adult, and the groundwork for a healthy male/female relationship is a learned behaviour. Quite obviously the father was not/did not provide that groundwork.

We're through here.
  • Brian ☮... bags th... 2012/12/07 18:31:12
    Brian ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    Neither do assumptions debate make, and you make assumptions that he did something improper in her formative years, as an excuse to meddle with their adult lives. Doesn't matter one bit what you might assume as probable, without any actual PROOF of wrongdoing while she was a minor, you're just meddling in things that are none of your business.

Now we're through.
  • Moonage 2012/12/07 02:18:52
    Moonage
    +1
    If they're both over the legal age of consent and neither was forced, it's perfectly legal.

Fubar for sure tho.
  • afterburn610 2012/12/07 02:10:38
    afterburn610
    +2
    legal or illegal

it's just wrong
  • Maria 2012/12/07 02:04:41
    Maria
    A incest not suppose to happen in USA. you can contact Steve Wilkos and you would like to have a word with 18 yrs old girl. she does need mentally help she been raise by her material father for a very long time..it not proper and she need to be send off to other state to help her to understand about incest issues. So her material father cannot get hold of her whenever she is in other state for treatment. or you either contact Joyce Myers to get hold of 18 yrs old on the show was play at Steve Wilkos, because Joyce Myers was once experience when she was young girl same similar as 18 yrs old girl. thought it should be helpful. I am speechless incest still on the run in USA. this is sad and very evil.
  • Nekosarethebest 2012/12/07 01:58:37
    Nekosarethebest
    +1
    I guess it is. I don't really think it is bad.
  • yaaarrrggghhh 2012/12/07 01:46:55
    yaaarrrggghhh
    +2
    Incest is illegal.
    (Devil's advocate for a second here, bear with me..)
    But who is anyone to say that they can't be in love? Love knows no law, and you can't help the way you are. If she was born with GSA, (genetic sexual attraction) which is a clinically documented condition, who are we to deny her the love of her life?

(OK, back to reality now)
    Doesn't my argument sound a lot like the arguments presented by pro gay marriage people? All of the pro gay marriage people that answered that incest is an abomination and should be stopped.....how are you feeling about now? A little hypocritical?
  • Phil yaaarrr... 2012/12/07 02:39:10
    Phil
    Touche'
  • JwonGalt yaaarrr... 2012/12/07 03:50:53
    JwonGalt
    I am a pro gay marriage advocate, And I agree with your assessment.
  • jody.cotton3 2012/12/07 01:43:37
    jody.cotton3
    you don't touch family,,,,,,,yuck,,,
  • Jesterz 2012/12/07 01:43:09
    Jesterz
    +3
    I can understand the illegality between an adult and a minor, but with consenting adults?

Yes, it's still freakin weird, but why would it be "illegal"? On what bases?? a 25 year old son and his 45 year old mom for example?? It would be absolutely weird and freakish, yes... But on what bases could we deem this "illegal"??

There are a lot of sexual practices I consider freakish and very weird... But they're not illegal between consenting adults...
  • goatman112003 2012/12/07 01:37:37
    goatman112003
    The problem is the law of the state and if they have an incest law. She is 18 and by mostr states she can screw who she pleases. It isn't a marriage where most states have restrictions on this type of behavior.
  • abubincrazy 2012/12/07 01:33:08
    abubincrazy
    Incest is illegal in America.
    I question the veracity of these people.
    I could be wrong(it has happened once or twice), but I think they're putting on a show to get on his show.
  • kevracer 2012/12/07 01:26:40
    kevracer
    in every state but Rhode Island which repealed its criminal incest statute in 1989,
  • Beccy 2012/12/07 01:26:20
    Last I heard it was. Call adult protective services
  • GoDucks5 2012/12/07 01:24:14 (edited)
    GoDucks5
    +6
    The only states it's legal are Rhode Island, Ohio, and New Jersey. Parent-son/daughter incest is illegal in Ohio though and both must be 18 or older. In Rhode Island, you must be at least the age of consent which is 16, in New Jersey, both must be 18 or older.
    The maximum penalties in each state are these:
    5 years imprisonment in Hawaii
  • Phil GoDucks5 2012/12/07 02:48:24
    Phil
    +1
    Wow thats alot of years
  • This is W³ GoDucks5 2013/11/03 05:24:38
    This is W³
    Did you get all of this from wikipedia?

2014/04/23 14:39:05