Is gay sex unhealthy. In these politically correct times it is considered homophobic to speak out against gay sex, but, taking the emotion out of it and just looking at it medically - is gay sex more harmful and dangerous than hetro sex

Matt 2010/02/14 04:24:35
after seeing some comments on sodahead i did a quick search which brought up a catholic site - url below. I am not a catholic or have any particular love towards them but the medical facts brought up seemed pretty compelling.

Read More: http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/homosexu...

• Alexander T Steward 2012/08/28 20:32:44
  • Der_Weiss 2012/07/07 16:46:03
  • Thomas Rea: Gay Christian A... 2010/09/17 06:27:36
    No - neither is medically any more or less harmful
    Thomas Rea: Gay Christian Advocate
    I found both for and against gay sex. So I will have sex until there proof its bad for me or my partner.
  • Icarus 2010/09/11 15:16:12
    Icarus
    No, it's not inherently unhealthy. It depends what you do - just like in heterosexual sex.
  • tewaz1 2010/09/09 23:08:40
    Undecided because...
    tewaz1
    As a gay man who has volunteered for many sexual health education programs, I will say that anal sex can be dangerous regardless of the sex of the people participating.
    It does not have to be dangerous, however, if people are smart and take proper precautions such as condoms, not pushing themselves, and always being confidant enough to say if something is not what they want or uncomfortable in any way.
    Interestingly, lesbian sex is much safer medically than heterosexual sex.
  • jnefnier 2010/04/27 02:49:19
    jnefnier
    how could it be more harmful and dangerous??? its exactly the same as "normal" sex still going into a whole and stretching it now isnt!? of course catholics would come up eith some pretty compelling crap their catholics for christ sake they are the worst "religion" i say. i hate religions its just stupid its always gays are the devil, dont have sex before marriage blah blah blah, if "god" if you will made us and didnt want us to be gay or anything like that then dont you think he would have done something about that?
  • Danny S... jnefnier 2012/06/13 19:06:47
    Danny Stearns
    +1
    Way to take the emotion out of it! Also, this isn't a religion thing. It's a medical thing.
  • Der_Weiss jnefnier 2012/07/07 16:50:08
    Der_Weiss
    +1
    Did you even read the link given?
  • Sandy C. 2010/03/02 18:09:22
    Sandy C.
    The first time ANYone has sex, they introduce new medical issues for their body to deal with. I think ultimately, it's not who a persons having sex with, but what sorta sex a person is having. This goes for man/man, woman/woman, man/woman, woman/man.
  • DecomposingDoll 2010/02/28 04:28:18
    Undecided because...
    DecomposingDoll
    +1
    Don't you think a catholic website might be sort-of bias? And besides, it isn’t like straight couples don’t engage in oral and anal sex. Because plenty of them do.
  • Matt Decompo... 2010/02/28 07:50:52
    Matt
    yeah i think being catholic it would be hugely biased - it was more the statistics on there, it can be hard to argue with facts, IF they are correct.
    and yes I'm sure plenty of straight couples do that as well, I'm certainly not judging who can do what in their relationships, but proportionally gay people STILL end up with more health issues.
  • jnefnier Matt 2010/04/27 02:50:50
    jnefnier
    why should you care anyway?
  • Matt jnefnier 2010/04/27 09:45:06
    Matt
    because i have friends who are less moderate than me who claim gay sex is unhealthy and therefore wrong. One is a doctor who believes quite firmly that our bodies are not designed for that type of activity.
    I think people make their own choices in life, and freedom of choice is a basic right, but wanted ot see other opinions on the subject
  • jnefnier Matt 2010/05/04 02:30:35
    jnefnier
    oh ok sorry if i attacked you lol bit hard to interprete peoples meanings over words lol. not that im gay or anything i have family members that are, but still tell your friend its the same as the other whole lol still stretchin it and can cause tissue harm
  • Matt jnefnier 2010/05/04 11:20:22
    Matt
    hi again :) yes very true, and i think i'll remind him of the huge number of "straight" people who have health issues over STD's etc.I do detect an undertone of old fashioned homophoia in his comments.
  • jnefnier Matt 2010/05/07 05:16:56
    jnefnier
    just a tad lol. people like that really annoy me like move on with the times dude lol no one cares anymore lol
  • tewaz1 Matt 2010/09/09 23:18:27
    tewaz1
    I touched on the medical aspect a bit above, but I wanted to point out a few things really quickly. I would be careful of statistics from any source that may have something to gain on a particular outcome. I am taking a statistics course right now, and I am becoming rather terrified at how easily one may use statistical processes to manipulate perfectly accurate data into appearing to say something completely inaccurate.
    The other thing that I wanted to point out for the sake of your friends is that connecting moral value to health choices is a pretty big stretch. Some of us smoke, some of us eat fast food, many of us drive cars. All of these things pose a much more certain health risk than one type of gay sex, yet these unhealthful behaviors are rarely given negative moral value. That makes me think that your friend's objections are more culturally based than medically based.
    I hope you don't think I'm being argumentative, that isn't my intention. I just wanted to contribute a bit of my own perspective.
    Thank you for providing the medium for an interesting discussion. :)
  • Matt tewaz1 2010/09/11 15:14:21
    Matt
    +1
    lol youre not being arguementative at all. I was also thinking that the high stress medical profession he is in has high suicide rates and burnout - maybe he should be more worried about those health issues...
  • PhillipWoodhog 2010/02/14 15:07:52
    PhillipWoodhog
    I think i´ts not more dangerous. How could it be?
  • Matt Phillip... 2010/02/15 12:32:50
    Matt
    the link in the question contains quotes such as:
    the rates of anal cancer in male homosexual practitioners to be 10 times that of heterosexual males, and growing
    or
    The list of diseases found with extraordinary frequency among male homosexual practitioners as a result of anal intercourse is alarming:

Anal Cancer
    Chlamydia trachomatis
    Cryptosporidium
    Giardia lamblia
    Herpes simplex virus
    Human immunodeficiency virus
    Human papilloma virus
    Isospora belli
    Microsporidia
    Gonorrhea
    Viral hepatitis types B & C
    Syphilis25

Sexual transmission of some of these diseases is so rare in the exclusively heterosexual population as to be virtually unknown. Others, while found among heterosexual and homosexual practitioners, are clearly predominated by those involved in homosexual activity. Syphilis, for example is found among heterosexual and homosexual practitioners. But in 1999, King County, Washington (Seattle), reported that 85 percent of syphilis cases were among self-identified homosexual practitioners.26 And as noted above, syphilis among homosexual men is now at epidemic levels in San Francisco.27

A 1988 CDC survey identified 21 percent of all Hepatitis B cases as being homosexually transmitted while 18 percent were heterosexually transmitted.28 Since homosexuals com...

or

Anal Cancer
    Chlamydia trachomatis
    Cryptosporidium
    Giardia lamblia
    Herpes simplex virus
    Human immunodeficiency virus
    Human papilloma virus
    Isospora belli
    Microsporidia
    Gonorrhea
    Viral hepatitis types B & C
    Syphilis25

A 1988 CDC survey identified 21 percent of all Hepatitis B cases as being homosexually transmitted while 18 percent were heterosexually transmitted.28 Since homosexuals comprise such a small percent of the population (only 1-3 percent),29 they have a significantly higher rate of infection than heterosexuals.30

Quotes like that seem to indicate that it is more dangerous - BUT this report is from the
    Catholic church who have an agenda obviously in this case. Has anyne seen or can post a link to medical reports that say any differently?
  • Autarchic 2010/02/14 05:01:56
    Yes - Gay sex is more dangerous
    Autarchic
    They are getting what they deserve!
  • Decompo... Autarchic 2010/02/28 04:22:44
    DecomposingDoll
    Wow, harsh. You know, I think that your apparent hatred for gays is unwarranted. Hope you were joking..
  • jnefnier Autarchic 2010/04/27 02:55:07
    jnefnier
    thats just down right fuked up, you are obviously one of the ones that cannot get the fact that times are moving on gays are excepted in our public eye now, you need to move on son and accept the fact you cannot do anything to change this, theres no point in being harsh to them because you dont accept them. it doesnt do anyone any good
  • freedom 2010/02/14 04:45:02
    freedom
    Its highly misleading to believe in all those statistics because it ignores numerous factors. Gays can't get pregnant and are often not allowed to marry. It skews the results. However, much of the gay community has been pushing monogamy and marriage. This has lead to more healthy lifestyles.
  • SimplyShannon 2010/02/14 04:29:56
    Undecided because...
    SimplyShannon
    I don't think it is, but knowing no facts I will not say No or yes.

2014/07/28 12:21:09