Is gay adoption a form of child abuse?

Bronx at Night 2010/03/11 12:14:34
According to one university researcher, it is.

Dr. George Rekers is the Distinguished Professor of Neuropsychiatry and Behavioral Science Emeritus at the University of South Carolina School of Medicine. He earned his degree at UCLA, was a visiting scholar at Harvard, and was an expert witness in court cases upholding state laws that ban gay adoption.

Dr. Rekers’ research indicates that children raised in homosexual households, especially foster children adopted by homosexuals, suffer from higher rates of depression, trauma, behavioral disorders, gender confusion, and suicidal tendencies.

To quote Dr. Rekers’ main points (linked below):

“Viewed impartially in terms of the best interests of the child…empirical research logically leads to the conclusion that laws and regulations should prohibit homosexually-behaving adults from adoption and from foster parenting for at least three substantive reasons stated here…

(1) Homosexual partner relationships are significantly and substantially less stable and more short-lived…

(2) The inherent nature and structure of households with a homosexually-behaving adult or adolescent uniquely endangers children by exposing them to a substantial level of harmful stresses that is over and above usual stress levels in heterosexual homes…

(3) The inherent structure of households with one or more homosexually-behaving member deprives children of vitally needed positive contributions to child adjustment that are only present in heterosexual homes.”

SO, WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Is gay adoption a form of child abuse?

. contributions child adjustment heterosexual homes gay adoption form child abuse contributions child adjustment heterosexual homes gay adoption form child abuse contributions child adjustment heterosexual homes gay adoption form child abuse contributions child adjustment heterosexual homes gay adoption form child abuse contributions child adjustment heterosexual homes gay adoption form child abuse .

http://www.rpvnetwork.org/profiles/blogs/gay-adoption-horror-...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1178354/Gay-rights-ca...
http://www.professorgeorge.com/Natural_Parenting_vs._Gay_Pare...

Read More: http://www.professorgeorge.com/Natural_Parenting_v...

• Kalamazoo Max7 2010/03/11 16:22:31
    Kalamazoo
    +1
    I asked questions to your comments, never once did I put you down for your comments, nor did I judge you, I never once said you were wrong. Could you please point out to me where I did? I try my best not to judge people, just because I have a difference of opinion or ask a question to your opinion, doesn't mean I am judging you. I am a falliable person, aren't we all.

Nooooooo, I don't think a man should be with a man, or a woman should be with a woman, that is something I will never understand, no matter how much I ponder it. I've asked many homosexuals/lesbians why, and they all have nicely explained their feelings to me on the subject, and I still don't understand why. I just don't have the feelings/tendecies they do, so I guess I will never understand the why to homosexuality.

This isn't about whether homosexuality is right or wrong, it's about same sex couples raising, loving, nurturing a child as their own. Is it mentally healthy for a child to be raised by couples of the same sex. Numerous research studies say it is, and I happen to agree with it.

I see no reason why a couple who is stable, financially capable, and who give love to each other and others, regardless of their sexual orientation, why they cannot adopt a child and love that child as their own. It sure heck beats an orphanage or going to a foster family who is only there to add a check to their income, and not caring one ioda for the child.
  • Max7 Kalamazoo 2010/03/11 18:47:24
    Max7
    +2
    All I am saying is that you have a right to believe as you wish, as do I. I do not believe in homosexuality of any kind. That is simply my comment. That is not passing judgment on you, and sorry if you felt it as a judgment call. This is simply my belief, my opinion, and I praise and thank God that my children have made me a grandmother, and a great grandmother, through the order that God set up. It is about right and wrong, life is about right and wrong; we have to be very careful about the decisions that we make in life, because there's consequences. Spare me from a man who has more twitch in his walk than I do. Spare me from an over bearing female trying to be a man. What could she possibly do for me? What is she by birth equipped with to satisfy me or any other woman with sexually? I'm not talking about toys or store bought facismile of body parts. This life style couldn't be a positive example for children. That's my belief, and you do not have to agree with me.
    In my estimation homosexuality is a form of a mental disorder, pretty much like a chicken thinking that it is a rabbit.
  • Kalamazoo Max7 2010/03/11 19:46:14
    Kalamazoo
    Lawd a mercy, where did you get that I even suggested you were passing judgment on me!!!

You totally have missed anything I stated. Forget it.
  • Max7 Kalamazoo 2010/03/12 00:30:02 (edited)
    Max7
    Go back and read your reply to me, "Lord have mercy!"
  • darlene Max7 2010/03/19 18:42:36
    darlene
    I would rave you a million times if I could!
  • darlene Max7 2010/03/19 18:39:36 (edited)
    darlene
    I have a friend and her sister is gay. She and her partner are so preverse. I can't stand to be around them. I suspect this is how most gay couples act. Gay is a rite of passage to fulfil sexual deviates fantasies. I don't hate them. I just don't want their lifestyle made acceptable in a Christian society.
  • darlene Max7 2010/03/19 18:31:51
    darlene
    Well said
  • candaceredman 2010/03/11 14:26:02
    candaceredman
    +4
    because gay couple could show more love than a straight couple
  • Max7 candace... 2010/03/11 14:53:24
    Max7
    +2
    How so?
  • candace... Max7 2010/03/12 14:30:36
    candaceredman
    because a couple is all about love and they would want a child more than any straight couple and i think they would cherish the baby more
  • betrayed~in nyx i trust 2010/03/11 14:23:10
    betrayed~in nyx i trust
    +4
    thats a really stupid question
  • elishialynn 2010/03/11 14:20:48
    elishialynn
    +2
    how do you get that it would be?!?
    i mean , yea the kid might grow up hating or disliking his/her "parents"
    but its not abuse.
    but i guess its left on what you guys think.everybody thinks differentaly.
  • ~Doll Princess~ 2010/03/11 14:20:02
    ~Doll Princess~
    +8
    Absolutely not. The only thing that is child abuse is ACTUALLY child abuse. Someone's sexuality doesn't determine how great of a parent they are. Other factors do.
  • merrywether 2010/03/11 14:06:40
    merrywether
    +6
    If a child is loved, nurtured & supported, how can that be abuse?? I see a homo-phobe hiding behind his pHD.
  • Red Branch 2010/03/11 14:06:30
    Red Branch
    +4
    More than likely.

It would definitely be corruption of a minor.
  • ~Doll P... Red Branch 2010/03/11 14:20:37
    ~Doll Princess~
    +5
    XD Are you serious? Wow. You're sad.
  • Red Branch ~Doll P... 2010/03/11 14:30:57
  • Hebertprime 2010/03/11 14:01:12 (edited)
    Hebertprime
    +4
    No, it is not child abuse.
    (The Rosie o'donnald pic probably doesn't help the cause though.)
    They should be viciously screened like everyone else, all the same risks apply.
  • Epistemically Justified -- BN7 2010/03/11 13:57:04
    Epistemically Justified -- BN7
    +7
    No.

Plain and simple.
  • 12 Tone Melody 2010/03/11 13:55:20
    12 Tone Melody
    +5
    Homosexuality & pedophilia are 2 entirely different things
  • Taipan 2010/03/11 13:53:54
    Taipan
    +10
    More gay bashing. I would like to see the documentation on these studies.
  • halebobbdotcom 2010/03/11 13:52:10
    halebobbdotcom
    +5
    The real child abuse is the fact that the state feels they have some rights in this very personal matter. How DARE they involve themselves in any way that prevents loving families from adopting parentless children!
  • wombat 2010/03/11 13:48:12
    wombat
    +1
    No its not child abuse. But in general a child need both gender as parents and not just one. The decision to be gay includes the disability to have a child end of the story.
  • halebob... wombat 2010/03/11 13:54:13
    halebobbdotcom
    +7
    So...shall we ban single parent household too? Maybe have the state remove those "abused" children from homes with only one gendered parents?
  • wombat halebob... 2010/03/11 14:15:55 (edited)
    wombat
    Yes, you have two carrying parents or no child. Having a child is about the child not about the parents. ....and I clearly said its not abuse!!!
  • halebob... wombat 2010/03/15 15:43:46
    halebobbdotcom
    Perhaps you did, but you said "the decision to be gay". Inquiring minds wonder when you decided to be straight.
  • Fallout wombat 2010/03/11 14:14:47 (edited)
    Fallout
    +2
    What about a homosexual female couple that uses artificial insemination to have
    a child, beginning of the story?
  • wombat Fallout 2010/03/11 14:43:26
    wombat
    Thats just pathetic.
  • Fallout wombat 2010/03/12 02:50:01
    Fallout
    I would rather see them adopt. I had two friends that had to use artificial insemination because of all the roadblocks keeping them from adopting.

No one can stop humans from progressing.
    *Peace*
  • ~Doll P... wombat 2010/03/11 14:21:48
    ~Doll Princess~
    +4
    I'm going to go with a "No" on the needing both genders to parent. I have only a mum to raise me and I am absolutely fine. The one "father" figure I had sexually , physically,and mentally abused me, so uh, I rather deal with females on that front.
  • wombat ~Doll P... 2010/03/11 14:50:48
    wombat
    Well I have a son who would like to have a mother but she is a abusive pos and gladly left this commitment.
    The male position is always stated as abusive and weak but I see on daily basis mothers who abuse their kids in public.
    You might be right about your father but abuse is not gender specific.

In general you need an agreement between the parents that they care about their child for at least 18 years no matter what. If they cant agree on that: ABORTION!!
  • ~Doll P... wombat 2010/03/11 21:45:20
    ~Doll Princess~
    +1
    Kids don't need two separate parents all the time. I'm sorry. No, abuse ISN'T gender specific, but like I said, again...

Kids can do JUST fine in a single parent/same sex household. Each parent has different duties, and can agree on something. Gender isn't something that should be a factor.
  • wildnative 2010/03/11 13:42:46
    wildnative
    +6
    I think this doctor might want to find a new career path, because he is an idiot!

Hmmm, how many children are in homes with both a mother and father or a single parent home and suffer from the same symptoms mentioned above.

Child abuse my butt. A child who is loved, nourished and taken care of emotionally will thrive, no matter if the parents are of the same sex or not.

Thats my opinion and my belief and it's not debatable by me. If you would like to debate my comment then do it on your own or with someone who is willing to debate it with you because I'm not wasting my time debating on the internet.

Yes, that is my final answer.
  • DevilukeGirl 2010/03/11 13:30:56
    DevilukeGirl
    +5
    No, how is being gay and raising a family child abuse. It's perfectely normal for two people of the same gender to raise a child.
  • halebob... Deviluk... 2010/03/11 13:55:29
    halebobbdotcom
    +2
    The "doctor" implies that homosexuality is a chosen behavior.
  • Sister Hoover of the Immacu... 2010/03/11 13:26:32
    Sister Hoover of the Immaculate Conception
    +7
    If a Catholic Priest 'adopts' a child (and they do) does this mean that the child is subjected to abuse?

Research shows that children are at 'risk' from ALL genders including hetrosexual adoptive parents...

It's obvious that Dr. George (the Bigot) Rekers has a problem with his CHOSEN beliefs.

A similar study was undertaken in Holland, the results were NULL.
  • alligator 2010/03/11 13:24:50
    alligator
    +4
    read the research from someone who is not recognized as bias on the subject matter by the American Civil Liberties Union.

"[...]the state chose Dr. George A. Rekers, a founder of the Family Research Council well known for his religiously based, anti-gay views who admits to relying on the discredited research of anti-gay extremist Paul Cameron and practices ""conversion therapy"" that attempts to ""cure"" gay people."

http://www.aclu.org/lgbt-righ...
  • Bronx a... alligator 2010/03/11 14:12:17
    Bronx at Night
    +1
    The ACLU is not biased?
  • alligator Bronx a... 2010/03/11 14:18:43
    alligator
    +1
    didn't say it wasn't but the point was "relying on the discredited research of anti-gay extremist Paul Cameron". everything has a bias its when the biases reach extremes that it is problematic
  • Jim alligator 2010/03/13 05:07:33
    Jim
    I doubt your definition of "extreme" and mine would even come close to agreeing.

2014/10/24 09:38:57