Is everything getting too "safe''

Defcon 2012/05/16 22:07:09
when I was younger (in Vladivostok) me and my friends did crazy stuff (like dodge-rock, a version of dodgeball with rocks), now if we did that stuff, we will get in trouble. But we are still alive. what's with all the new sue-happy people who sue the city over something dumb, which makes something fun go away. Even though I don't do that stuff anymore, I'll like the young people of today to see how less restrictive some outdoor fun was back then. (I even noticed the childhood obesity thing is because the outdoors became so boring with the new "safety" rules a video game is more stimulating)

• Mitri 2012/05/17 20:54:17
    Mitri
    +5
    People are so sue-happy, a woman tried to sue a dead man. He jumped in front of a train and his body parts hit a woman.

Nice to know we live in a sane world...

• Mitri 2012/05/17 20:54:17
    Mitri
    +5

Nice to know we live in a sane world...
  • AtlBo 2012/05/16 22:32:18 (edited)
    AtlBo
    Too safe would be not safe. Things should be safe and that's all. Security springs from the assurance of a safe life. People crave that assurance, because it's central to success. Safety is primary to survival.

Safer is unsafe, too. Might seem like it could be safe, but it's not ever that way...

Safety first, safety always, safety only...live by these, and your life will be rich...

Throwing rocks at each other was not smart. I don't know why you would have done that. If you enjoy the demise or pain and suffering of yourself or others, you won't go far in life.

A lawsuit could be a good thing and could be futility. Depends on if the suit is grounded in reasonable expectations.
  • Defcon AtlBo 2012/05/16 22:40:47
    Defcon
    we didn't throw big rocks, only quarter-to-smaller rocks and we we're smart enough to not use big rocks or throw them hard
  • AtlBo Defcon 2012/05/16 22:54:26
    AtlBo
    Still not smart. Better to have played dodge ball...
    +1
    not sure
  • FunnyLittleNightmare 2012/05/16 22:20:13
    FunnyLittleNightmare
    +1
    All this safety stuff is stupid. I understand it in workplaces and stuff but in the real world? It's insane. For instance, we had a show here in the UK called Total Wipeout but they cancelled it for, get this, "Health and Safety Reasons". Bloody rediculous.
  • Defcon 2012/05/16 22:16:02
    Defcon
    Plus, alot of playgrounds in Russia have carvings of animals and they can scare some small children.

2014/10/21 02:32:28