Is Christmas fading away?

it'skrissie!d:) 2010/12/12 14:00:07
Related Topics: Cookie, Family, School, Winter
I'm all up for Christmas and so is my family. We decorate the tree and house and bake cookies....we do it all. But lately I've been noticing there's only a couple of houses in a subdivision of something like a hundred houses NOT decorating. I don't even see a Christmas tree.
Now, since we live near the City, not a lot of people are putting up lights because of robberies. But there's no excuse to not have a Christmas tree, right? In less you just aren't celebrating Christmas.
The Economy is bad, and we all are suffering. But it's not like you can just say "NO" to Christmas.
Remember when we use to see big huge decorations and baby Jesus and everything...even the Schools have changed it to Winter Break instead of Christmas Break.
I might just be insane, but it's like people are attacking the Holiday itself. We don't see things like we use to see. People are filing papers against other people because they have Baby Jesus on their roofs or lawn.
Is Christmas starting to fade?

Are you seeing this too?

I mean don't get me wrong, I didn't think it was fading. But my mom and I were watching the news and my mom brought it up that it was just starting to fade. We don't see what we use to see like more decorations and happy spirits. My neighborhood is just silent. I'm just wondering if you see it too.

• jerrbear 2010/12/13 04:39:16
    jerrbear
    +1
    I think it has to do with the current economy anymore
  • zoey 2010/12/12 21:35:40
    I agree....
    zoey
    +1
    There are a very few houses with lights up and it is sad, i miss the old days were every house had their lights and Christmas tree in the window. Money is tight so I can kind of understand but it's almost like we aren't gong to have any holidays anymore for Halloween many people didn't participate either.
  • BackRoadz 2010/12/12 15:01:30
    I agree....
    BackRoadz
    +1
    Yes i've noticed a decline in people that use to put up festive decorations etc. Perhaps it's the economy and the high unemployment rate who knows..... I remember so long ago how beautiful downtown Madison Wisconsin USE TO BE but is'nt anymore because of all the PC liberals. These people RUIN everything for everybody else. I'm not religous by anymeans but i've always celebrated Christmas for what it is....a holiday. The pretty lights and decorations brought life to our drab and dreary colorless winter season. It's sad to see less and less of these pretty lights and decorations...and then they wonder why so many people get depressed this time of year........
  • Sounds Of Silence 2010/12/12 14:50:24
    Sounds Of Silence
    +1
    No Christmas for me and mine this year. November ended with a death in the family (my sister, my oldest nephew's mother) and unexpected expenses (including the thousand dollar cremation) that just totally wiped us out. Not only no Christmas, but we gave up everything except the Internet, like cable tv and the phone to try and save a small amount of money in December.
    However, if we'd had the money we would have gone all out. Looking forward to next December.
  • zoey Sounds ... 2010/12/12 21:36:59
    zoey
    +1
    Wow I am sorry, I hope that things get better for you:)
  • TasselLady 2010/12/12 14:17:55
    I disagree....
    TasselLady
    +1
    For those of us who are Christians, Christmas will never go away. Even when Christ comes back to get us we'll still be celebrating, because without him as our savior we wouldn't be in Heaven with him when we leave this earth. But for many, Christmas has turned from the celebration of our savior's birth to a commercial racket. They only see the tree, the gifts and the food. Those things are all great and fun. But, it would be nice if they would realize Jesus is the reason Christmas came to be in the first place. racket tree gifts food fun realize jesus reason christmas Jesus is the reason for the season
  • Jaynane 2010/12/12 14:06:19
    I think....
    Jaynane
    +1
    I really do think a lot of it is due to the economy. What's the point of getting a tree when there will be no gifts under it. I'm serious, I know of some people that are that hard up!
  • BackRoadz Jaynane 2010/12/12 15:04:40
    BackRoadz
    +1
    I put up a tree year after year after year. Does'nt matter to me if there's any gifts under the tree or not (i live alone). It's nice to have something beautiful to look at. If i need gifts for under the tree i just wrap empty boxes and decorate them
  • Jaynane BackRoadz 2010/12/12 15:15:43
    Jaynane
    That's wonderful that you have the Christmas spirit!
    I guess I
    should have made my point more explicit; the families I know of, they
    can't even afford a tree, let alone put gifts under them.
    I know
    some members of our church is doing something to help these poor
    families out, but I also know, there are many more out there.
    Happy Christmas to you, and ...

afford tree gifts members church poor families happy christmas God Bless everyone
  • Açorda 2010/12/12 14:01:32
    I agree....
    Açorda
    +1
    Now-a-days it is all about how many gifts I can buy. The parents and the kids forgot the true meaning.

2014/10/21 09:02:28