Is BlackPeopleMeet.com racist?

Foxhound BN0 2013/05/16 11:31:28
[...]

BlackPeopleMeet.com is touted as a place where people with dark skin can meet each other. Is that racist?

More from BlackPeopleMeet.com-

"BlackPeopleMeet – the Dating Site for Black Singles
Why Join BlackPeopleMeet?

Meeting African American singles has never been easier. Online dating allows millions of singles to find romance like never before. Here at BlackPeopleMeet, we offer the best in black online dating sites.

Find the right relationship at BlackPeopleMeet, where you’ll be connected to our online community of black singles. Join now to start making dates and finding romance. Sign up today and meet Black singles!
About BlackPeopleMeet

BlackPeopleMeet is specifically designed to help African American singles navigate the difficult world of dating. Start conversations with interested singles, and connect beyond the internet with potential matches. Check out our online dating guide and date advice for help finding your perfect match.

To join BlackPeopleMeet, you'll need to create a dating profile. Your profile is how your potential matches will see you. Show them what you’re all about. Let them know what makes you amazing. The dating profile you create will let your matches learn about you and send you messages. Create your dating profile now.
Meeting African American Singles

Once you’ve created your profile, you can browse thousands of black singles. BlackPeopleMeet will even suggest great dating matches for you. You can narrow your search by location or shared interests, and message the dating matches you're interested in to start a conversation.

Whether you're newly single, or you just want to give online dating a try, BlackPeopleMeet is a great way to meet African American singles looking to connect with the right person. Read some success stories to learn how BlackPeopleMeet has helped others."

We all know if this said "white" every time the above said "black", Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would be having a rally about it with pictures of klansmen on picket signs. It's wrong, America!

• Bastion 2013/05/16 13:47:59
    No. BlackPeopleMeet.com is not racist.
    Bastion
    +23
    A minority living in a culture that is heavily dominated by another race does NOT engage in racism when it tries to find solutions to it's own cultural status.

This "reverse-racism" whine from caucasians who are (for some reason) terrified of not being dominate is getting old.

• Lord Em... Nelson 2013/12/30 02:21:33
  • gvc 2013/12/29 10:34:32 (edited)
    No. BlackPeopleMeet.com is not racist.
    gvc
    Oh Nooooooooo, black people want to meet....what's next?
  • Nelson gvc 2013/12/30 02:03:34 (edited)
    Nelson
    ok, then they NEED TO GET OFF of my dating site, as I am tired of black men trying to date me! I want a WHITE PEOPLE MEET.COM. Yeah, white people wanting to meet other white people. Now, this group wants to SEGREGATE themselves. Why make such a big fuss 40 years ago, when we wanted that? INSANE.
    And, Mandela, was against it in Africa, now they want SEGREGATION.
  • gvc Nelson 2013/12/30 02:16:21
    gvc
    Well I suggest you create a white people wanna meet site. Not a problem for me.
  • LMA 2013/12/29 10:17:20
    No. BlackPeopleMeet.com is not racist.
    LMA
    Is farmersonly.com farmist?
  • Nelson LMA 2013/12/30 02:04:13
    Nelson
    IS white people meet. com?
  • LMA Nelson 2013/12/30 02:07:33
    LMA
    you mean match, lol, no it would not be anyway
  • GoDucks5 2013/12/29 10:12:42
  • Nelson GoDucks5 2013/12/30 02:06:55
    Nelson
    +1
    So far you are the ONLY one who gets this. You bet. Sharpton, jackson, obama, left media and ACLU would be ALL OVER IT. This is THE DOUBLE standard, by the black race, They fought, pushed, demanded to be in all white venues,,,now? They want to segregate, after telling us, how they re 'JUST LIKE US.'...NOT. We had segregation about 40 years ago, and they didn't like it, NOW?
  • Foxhoun... Nelson 2013/12/30 02:42:21
    Foxhound BN0
    take it easy now. it's not "the black race", that's like this, it's just a lot of people who happen to have dark skin. there is no need to group me and others like me in with the racists.
  • Farbiger 2013/12/29 05:07:59
    No. BlackPeopleMeet.com is not racist.
    Farbiger
    That's like saying JDate.com is racist. Besides, I'm pretty sure there are Whites, Latinos, and Asians who aren't discouraged by the title and sign up.
  • Nelson Farbiger 2013/12/30 02:07:59
    Nelson
    Yes, racist..white people meet. com..TRY TO GET THAT SET UP! HA!
    My dating site has all kind of ethnic groups.. now the black race, wants SEGREGATION. never happy and insane.
  • Dickens 2013/12/29 01:45:31 (edited)
    No. BlackPeopleMeet.com is not racist.
    Dickens
    ...they have separate sites for EVERY ethnic, cultural and religious persuasion; black, Jewish, Asian, mormon, Italian, Christian, Farmers, friends with benefits, obese people, herpes, etc., etc., etc. and I've never heard of any of those sites rejecting anyone NOT of that race or cultural leaning ... since no one is excluded, it just doesn't say racist to me,..
  • Nelson Dickens 2013/12/30 02:08:54
    Nelson
    Bs. lets try it,,,WHITE PEOPLE MEET. COM..you know, all hell would break lose,,stop it. Get real.
  • rodjibber 2013/12/28 22:36:49
    Yes. BlackPeopleMeet.com is racist.
    rodjibber
    +2
    In the age of political correctness I find it extremely hard to believe that people cannot see the incorrectness of the marketing strategy used with blackpeoplemeet.com. It suggests that only black people should be using this site. While I have no problem with black people dating black people, who they date is completely up to them. I simply do not understand the need to have a site specifically for one race. It is as if it was done on purpose in order to create an uproar. It just seems like people of African American race are ignorant to their own racism but are always quick to point out when any one else is.
  • Nelson rodjibber 2013/12/30 02:16:22
    Nelson
    STANDING OVATION, by me. You are totally correct. Years and years of the black race pushing, demanding , themselves into white venues,,,NOW,,they want segregation. Why did they fight so much 40 years ago, when we HAD SEGREGATION? And, Mandela, fought,,AGAINST,,segregation, in Africa. I SAY, THEY ARE NEVER HAPPY, and it is to spit in everyone elses' eyes. Yes, to create an uproar. Then I hope, someone start's a WHITE PEOPLE MEET. COM.. Lets how well THAT TURNS OUT.
    I am getting more and more sick of this race, then I ever was. When John Mayers, said he was not interested in dating a black woman, all kind of name calling and attacking this man for HIS PREFERENCE, Now it is ok for the black race to have THEIR PREFERENCE.
    Double standard, always. I say, I have enough issues in my culture, and would not date any one black..NOT MY PREFERENCE. Watch me getting attacked.
  • gerald.rice 2013/10/17 16:43:10
    No. BlackPeopleMeet.com is not racist.
    gerald.rice
    +1
    Plain and simple....if the site systematically seeks out and ejects ANY OTHER ethnic group, it is racist.
    From my understanding, this site welcomes others that love and in some ways identify with black culture.
    Who here believes that "FARMERSONLY.COM" is biased and or predudiced???
  • Nelson gerald.... 2013/12/30 02:23:38
    Nelson
    +1
    Yes, its racist..Farmers are of ALL RACES. and "farmer", is NOT A RACE.. thank you..
    WHITE PEOPLE MEET. COM...yeah,,LOVE IT. LET'S TRY IT SHALL WE? You know what is going to happen. COME ON GET REAL! What say you then? lol
  • gerald.... Nelson 2013/12/31 15:34:06
    gerald.rice
    Apparently you don't understand commercial advertising. by that, I mean the message underneath the message that is placed in some advertising. But I personally(when the site was young) met two or three white women on the site. And yes, there were people who were bothered by the white women on there. But it was not systematic nor were they banned.
    So you can call it whatever makes you feel better.
    I personally need no one to validate my love for ALL PEOPLE. AND though I could spend all day pointing out the simple, everyday,things I see that could be construed as racist, I will not because it serves no purpose. As long as my very blended(in this case meaning children from previous relationships AND the fact that there are mexicans, native Anericans, Portuguese, irish, african and blacks in it, and lets not forget the gay men and women)family gets along and loves each other, I am happy and content. How bout you??? Are you as racially free as you should be?
    By the way, you dont look half bad. I'm sure that you could find yourself a nice black man (or woman) to satisfy your curiosity. But chose wisely. The myth isn't ALWAYS true ;-)
  • C. C. Rider 2013/10/16 23:43:55
    No. BlackPeopleMeet.com is not racist.
    C. C. Rider
    +3
    The very fact that you blogging this only show how racist you are.
  • Nelson C. C. R... 2013/12/30 02:26:32
    Nelson
    +1
    YES IT IS RACIST.
    " White people meet .com." I can't wait for someone to try that, and see how the left media, sharpton, jackson, obama and ACLU, accepts that! DOUBLE STANDARD, COME ON.
  • C. C. R... Nelson 2013/12/30 03:27:21
    C. C. Rider
    LMAO no dear it is not racist..But you are to read that into it.
  • Patriotic 2013/10/16 23:01:15
    No. BlackPeopleMeet.com is not racist.
    Patriotic
    +3
    Why would you consider this racist? There are other sites called interracialpeoplemeet.com, which cater to those interests. Most sites are predominantly white anyway, so really no need to say whitepeoplemeet.com. Even if they did I wouldn't give a damn.
  • Nelson Patriotic 2013/12/30 02:29:43
    Nelson
    lol, I DOUBT IT. This is totally racist. Get real. WHITE PEOPLE MEET. COM.. like it?
    Lying through your teeth. NOW, YOU WANT SEGREGATION? We had that, about 40/50 years ago and you all fought like crazy to be included, in all white venues. Mandela fought segregation in Africa...NOW, YOU WANT A SEGREGATED SITE? Ok, I would love all kind of segregation again. lol
  • Geal1963 2013/08/31 06:24:25
    No. BlackPeopleMeet.com is not racist.
    Geal1963
    If peoplemedia.com thought there was money to be made by having a website called whitepeoplemeet.com they would include it in their offerings. It is called niche marketing. I joined the website because my affinity is for black women. But there are plenty of white women on the website. The more apropo question might be is the website a hindrance to this country being able to become free of racism? No! Whites can join the website. If any organization practices an overt exclusion of another group then it is racist. The website would need to verify a person's ethnicity with the member's appearance and then deny membership to those who are not Black in order to meet that definition. I am Black and I have no problem with Whites being on the website. I found this website because I wanted to complain about other issues I have with the site.
  • Nelson Geal1963 2013/12/30 02:35:33
    Nelson
    Yes it is racist. come on, something wrong with you people. YOU WANTED TO BE INCLUDED INTO EVERY white venues for YEARS,,now, you want segregation,,again???
    Mandela fought against segregation in Africa. I am not buying your post, or anyone else who says NOT RACIST. Of course it is. white people meet. com.. I WOULD LOVE FOR THIS TO BE A DATING SITE,, watch the black race explode! When John Mayer said, he was not interested in dating a black woman, he got called all kind of names. It was not his preference. I have no preference to date a black man, so why do they keep e-mailing me, on my date site? I can't put down,,NOT INTERESTED IN BLACK MEN; I would be executed.
  • msmyth23 2013/08/23 03:58:22
    Yes. BlackPeopleMeet.com is racist.
    msmyth23
    +2
    Would a white person be accepted on this site? No? Hmmm... Sounds like one race is being singled out. If it were WhitePeopleMeet, it would be racist. If a WhitePeopleMeet already exists, then it's racist just like this site is. I don't care if black people had it bad at some point. Truth is, people all have the same rights now and it's the minorities pulling crap like this that keep racism alive. Oh, and I'm black. Just thought all of my "homies" that were "tripping" should know that.
  • Geal1963 msmyth23 2013/08/31 06:49:57 (edited)
    Geal1963
    +1
    Bruh, people are entitled to the same rights but we are not living in a post-racist society as some want to believe. You are correct in your indirect assertion that our culture has a degree of culpability in the country's inability to make that claim at this time. I do caution you to not make fun of those whose only way of communicating is by using the language of the streets. I embrace you as my cultural brother but we don't want to attempt to distance ourselves from those who need us the most. Our voices should be used to speak for those who are one or two blessings short of having a voice.
  • Nelson Geal1963 2013/12/30 02:45:36
    Nelson
    The black race is the racist now.
  • gerald.... msmyth23 2013/10/17 15:48:45
    gerald.rice
    If you wanna use words that are typically heard in the inner city streets, its ok. You don't have to use quotation marks.
    By using those quotation marks, you appear to be mocking slang terminology, which has been used in one form or another for centuries.
    Our ancestors, that were dragged over here, used things like slang and "call and response, in the fields. This allowed for "coded" communication between slaves. So, you see, in my view, mocking slang is mocking heritage.It also explains the phenomena of slang terms being discarded as mainstream America adopts it.(think about the t.v. commercials you see, or the sports announcers and their use of slang). But you don't have to use it. I've have found that there's a time and place for everything. At work when I deal with certain groups, I my use slang. With others, not so much.
    And, by the way. The website does NOT exclude anyone. There are people of different ethnic backgrounds within the site. The title of the site, just like "black planet" just kinda ensures that those visiting it understand that it is predominantly black. But if a white person, or a latino or asian person visits, its pretty much because part of them identifies with black culture.
    And as far as rights go, YES technically we all have the same rights. But y...

And as far as rights go, YES technically we all have the same rights. But you would have a hard time explaining to black youth in NYC(for example) why "stop and frisk" is applied on Delancy Street, but not applied on wall street. There's drugs on both.
    Or perhaps we should try to explain why and ethnic group that makes up 15% of the population, makes up around 50% of the prison population. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone. But perhaps, ethnocentric sites allow for these types of discussions to be had.
    And lastly, i'm curious. When you see people on dating sites that specify that there date be white only, does that constitute racism to you? Or do you believe people have the right to seek out their "perfect mate?"
  • Nelson gerald.... 2013/12/30 02:47:37
    Nelson
    Sure it is ok ,for you to use SEGREGATION , now, But it was not so good years ago. I do understand now, why one black women kept posting, that whites were USING CODE when we talked, NEVER HEARD OF THAT BEFORE. I don't use code, I say it like it is, BUT NOW, I understand, why she said that, YOU ALL USED CODE! Never Knew that. Why is segregation, now , OK BY YOU? Then why did your people fight so hard to eliminate that? and mandela in Africa.? this is nothing but revenge, and about NOT GETTING ALONG. RACIST. BTW, your people had you as slaves and sold you to the slave traders, then there were MORE WHITE slaves then black in history. I am very tired of your DOUBLE STANDARD RACE. ugh.
  • Nelson msmyth23 2013/12/30 02:38:31 (edited)
    Nelson
    Bless you and you are correct. One other person ,sees this for what it is. Thank you. Why do your people NOW,,WANT TO BE SEGREGATED? Mandel fought against this in Africa. We HAD segregation at one time in America, and all kind of fighting to stop that. Now? Here we go again. I think it is nutty to have this site; yes, it is racist..I like you, for thinking clearly!
  • Nuprapta 2013/08/02 03:30:28
    No. BlackPeopleMeet.com is not racist.
    Nuprapta
    +1
    I think its necessary because it won't negate a black person from meeting any woman on the site whereas, you go to most dating sites and the profiles say No Black Guys!!! White men only. @BPM you wouldn't encounter such a profile. You get a better atmosphere without wondering if they'd date a black guy or not. So all wannabe racists on here, be civil please, its just a discussion. Don't turn your own blog into a hypocritical racist rant..Peace.
  • Nelson Nuprapta 2013/12/30 02:51:20 (edited)
    Nelson
    So, I can put on my profile , not interested in black men? I am tired of black men emailing me. not my preference. Don't doubt for one minute, I WOULD BE CALLED A RACIST IF I DID THAT! Thanks, I will try and do that, and see what happens WHITE PEOPLE MEET. COM..LOL
    Nothing against you, just not my preference. I HAVE all the dysfunction I can handle in my own race. Good to know, you support SEGREGATION. Mandela didnt'.
  • natalie.farrabee 2013/07/29 19:00:17
  • charles... natalie... 2013/08/11 17:42:47
    charles.fitzpatrick.399
    +4
    I don't know about anyone else,I can only speak for me. Racism will never go away if we keep doing things like this! And not for nothing if a site came out,"were white people meet" there would be all kinds of things said about it being a racist site! As far as that word being used, it should be erased from the English language!!
  • Nelson charles... 2013/12/30 02:54:24
    Nelson
    Yes, you know it! For years they fought and fought to be INCLUDED in every white venue, now they want SEGREGATION..why bother when 40/50 years ago, we had that?
    Mandel fought segregation in AFrica.. something wrong with these people. now they are FOR SEGREGATION,, and actually DEFEND IT, SAY IT ISN'T RACIST,,ETC. crazy.
  • remy natalie... 2013/10/17 00:23:43
    remy
    +1
    Wow! You certainly don't bother with hiding your racism, do you? Obviously this site caters to racists...since your comment is still here.
  • gerald.... natalie... 2013/10/17 16:02:52
  • Elisa 2013/07/25 20:50:25
    Yes. BlackPeopleMeet.com is racist.
    Elisa
    +2
    Let there be a whitepeoplemeet.com and see how racist everyone thinks it is.

2014/10/23 00:10:42