Is being involved with Christianity like being involved in an emotionally abusive co dependent relationship?
rustex782 2012/08/21 15:38:47
Signs of Emotional Abuse
Abusers will tend to
- Tell lies and half-truths to avoid having to explain their actions
- Accuse and blame to divert attention away from themselves
- Refuse to accept the perspective of others while irrationally defending their own positions
- Withhold information in areas affecting the lives of those they are abusing - it give them the control to manipulate future events.
- Avoid acknowledging the feelings of others, yet will often bring up how their emotions are being effected
- Slight or take digs in a non-aggressive or joking manner, allowing the abuser to say he was just kidding while still being abusive
- Change the subject to divert attention from themselves
- Make others feel worthless in an attempt to lower their self-esteem and bring them down to the level of the abuser.
- Threaten or hint of physical, mental or sexual abuse
- Deny anything is wrong (not being responsible and lying to self)
- Show inappropriate emotional out bursts (a form of distracting attention, confusing the abused or shifting blame)
- Try and control others to domineer and limit freedom or expression
- Forget commitments and promises.
- Deny success by placing unreasonable demands, unjustly singling out or constantly placing someone in the category of a loser.
- Take advantage of vulnerabilities using shame, guilt or fear
- The actions and promises are out of alignment. They say one thing and do another
- Only be nice when all other options have been removed, when they feel they are trapped into a corner
- Cut someone off so they are not allowed to speak. Suppressing self-expression.
- Look to eliminate the choices of others, while gathering control for themselves
- Ask inappropriate questions or make insinuating comments to evoke emotional responses
- Humiliate others in public situations to show their superiority
- Keep pushing buttons and activating places of sensitivity
- Pretend to understand concerns and then disregarding them
- Slander the name, reputation, associations or activities of those they can’t control
Hot Questions on SodaHead
More Hot Questions