Is all blood the same? (please read text before answering)

Rogue_Loner 2012/02/26 13:37:45
All blood is the same, so Obama is just as white as he is black.
The one drop rule makes Obama the first black President and we must start labeling blood storage packets according to race.
According to the one drop rule, the term " it's in the blood" is now acceptable and non racist.
I am a hypocrite. I want it BOTH ways to suit the social agenda.
Go shovel snow, Rogue, and let the thinking to me.
What you don't understand is...ummmm...errrr....ahhhh...
Since Barack Obama was elected President, many liberals have championed the racist Southern social "one drop" rule to distinguish him as a black president when in fact, he is half white. Most liberals also say that all blood is the same, so there is no need for segregated blood donation centers or labeling of storage packets. On television shows in the 1970's, characters who who didn't want to get the "wrong" blood were ridiculed. So I ask the SodaHead intellectuals: Do you stand by the racist "one drop" rule, or is all blood the same?

• Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru 2012/02/26 19:59:55
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +5
    I think a person may be identified as black or white as they choose if they have both. Obama's skin is darker than a white persons. He chooses to be considered African American. That is his right. The black people celebrated him as the first black president because he was the first person with BLACK SKIN to be president. You can hem and haw and post stuff like this but you need to accept that you are white. Deal with it. Obama's skin is black. Deal with it. Kennedy was celebrated for being catholic, and Irish. Clinton was excited to be the first President from Arkansas. Texas Celebrates GWB as being from Texas. Why do you try to deny the black people a chance to celebrate one of their own? I find it insulting to them to say he is not the first black president. I tell you what. Find me a picture of another President of the United States of America with Blacker Skin and your point will be won.As for this silly business of labeling blood, any layperson knows that blood is labeled very carefully. Not only is Type noted, but blood groups, and RH positive or negative also it is a face that certain groups of people carry certain disorders more frequently such as sickle cell anemia. So yes they test for that and label . Here is a link to get you started. They do blood group compatibi...

I think a person may be identified as black or white as they choose if they have both. Obama's skin is darker than a white persons. He chooses to be considered African American. That is his right. The black people celebrated him as the first black president because he was the first person with BLACK SKIN to be president. You can hem and haw and post stuff like this but you need to accept that you are white. Deal with it. Obama's skin is black. Deal with it. Kennedy was celebrated for being catholic, and Irish. Clinton was excited to be the first President from Arkansas. Texas Celebrates GWB as being from Texas. Why do you try to deny the black people a chance to celebrate one of their own? I find it insulting to them to say he is not the first black president. I tell you what. Find me a picture of another President of the United States of America with Blacker Skin and your point will be won.As for this silly business of labeling blood, any layperson knows that blood is labeled very carefully. Not only is Type noted, but blood groups, and RH positive or negative also it is a face that certain groups of people carry certain disorders more frequently such as sickle cell anemia. So yes they test for that and label . Here is a link to get you started. They do blood group compatibility and plasma compatibility, They do Hemolytic analysis to check for certain markers such as the Kell antigen or the Duffy antigen. So NO Blood is not just blood. Over simplifying just to make a point of race is silly. This is a VERY basic chart to help understand. duffy antigen blood blood simplifying race silly basic chart understand

Now stop baiting liberals and go salt your driveway or something.

• niviongo 2014/01/06 11:06:31
    niviongo
    Blood drives nutrients to the cells so we can live: any social consideration is a simple act of brainlessness.
    This is a very apt issue since the proponents (Liberals and their opposite) are different sides of the same coin. This coin is called stagnation.
  • LADY LIBERTY SILLY WORDSMITH 2012/03/06 20:32:30
    LADY LIBERTY SILLY WORDSMITH
    +1
    I don't really UNDERSTAND about "ONE DROP" rule. But I understand the part you say,

"BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA IS NOT THE USA's FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT."
  • Bozette 2012/02/27 17:23:19
    Bozette
    +2
    Enough already! Whether you believe in creation or evolution...we all date back to Adam and Eve. Either Biblical or mitochondrial Eve and Y-chromosomal Adam show, whichever you believe, that we all come from common ancestors. We are all the same, we just look different. What a boring world it would be if we all looked the same, eh?
  • Chris - The Rowdy One! #187 2012/02/27 16:59:31
  • Rogue_L... Chris -... 2012/03/06 21:08:23
  • Flowers 2012/02/27 14:31:21
    Flowers
    +1
    I'm not familiar with the "one drop rule" but it sounds pretty stupid to me. We would be pretty hard pressed to find more then a hand full of "full blood" of ANY nationality in this country. Many family trees include a myriad of different races at some point, whether people want to research it or not is their problem.
    That issue aside, I don't think we should push to stop calling Obama the first black president. HE IS black. I don't really care if he is half white, doesn't make him any less black (racially speaking, not talking about skin tone) because of it. But to say that somehow the argument that we should stop labeling blood because of mixed races is silly. Blood is very specific, our body will reject any type that doesn't match and that causes a lot of very dangerous issues. It's important that we screen blood to be as specific as possible.
  • Jane Constant 2012/02/26 22:54:10 (edited)
    Jane Constant
    +4
    I have a good answer. WHO FREAKING CARES! You could reverse that rule and say any black person with one drop of white blood is white! Hey, I'm 1/32nd Seminole. Can I come back and take advantage of that? Am I a Native American? That law is racist and well past its use by date. We are all human. End of story!
  • Rogue_L... Jane Co... 2012/02/26 22:57:54
  • Joe C Sr 2012/02/26 21:22:21
    Joe C Sr
    +4
    We all come from the same original droplet so what is all the fuss about?May be hard to swallow but we are all the same in the end.Ashes to ashes and dust to dust,so what is the problem.Think about it.Studied all Religions as a Religious Studies Major and all Religions are in search mode for you to find what you are looking for.Pick one and start searching.Good Luck on your search.
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +5

• Rogue_L... Assassi... 2012/02/26 20:04:56 (edited)
  • Assassi... Rogue_L... 2012/02/26 20:08:08
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +3
    Must be the russian in you. I don't have "comrades" This is America, stop trying to be different. Everyone must be exactly the same as you desire.
  • Rogue_L... Assassi... 2012/02/26 20:21:24
  • Assassi... Rogue_L... 2012/02/26 20:26:53
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +2
    Don't you see how petty denying someone a victory is. Whatever. Get over it. It is so ridiculous to say Obama is not black. They care about the color of his SKIN. The one drop rule is not something liberals made up. Don't be intentionally dense. Conversation Over. If you haven't figured it out by now, I can't help you. YOU are no longer allowed to claim Russian. I am no longer allowed to claim Irish. We can't have labels by your standards. How crazy.
  • Kaleokualoha 2012/02/26 19:49:22
    Kaleokualoha
    +3
    Despite the efforts of revisionists, the "one-drop rule" is the American version of "hypodescent":

"The one-drop rule is a historical colloquial term in the United States for the social classification as black of individuals with any African ancestry; meaning any person with "one drop of black blood" was considered black. The principle was an example of hypodescent, the automatic assignment of children of a mixed union between different socioeconomic or ethnic groups to the group with the lower status.[1] The one-drop rule was not adopted as law until the 20th century: first in Tennessee in 1910 and in Virginia under the Racial Integrity Act of 1924 (following the passage of similar laws in numerous other states)." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...

"In societies that regard some races of people as dominant or superior and others as subordinate or inferior, hypodescent is the automatic assignment of children of a mixed union or mating between members of different socioeconomic groups or ethnic groups to the subordinate group. [1] The opposite practice is hyperdescent, in which children are assigned to the race that is considered dominant or superior.

Parallel practices include agnatic descent, matrilineality and cognatic descent, which assign race according to the father, mo...

Parallel practices include agnatic descent, matrilineality and cognatic descent, which assign race according to the father, mother, or some combination, without regard to the race of the other parent. Since either parent (or both) might be of mixed-race, hypo- and hyper-descent can operate in tandem with, or separately from, a system of agnatic or cognatic racial assignment." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...

"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them." - Galileo Galilei (1564 - 1642)
  • Rogue_L... Kaleoku... 2012/02/26 19:58:45
  • Assassi... Rogue_L... 2012/02/26 20:06:26
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +2
    Does your family celebrate its Russian heritage? Eat Russian food?? Go to a Russian Church? But but but you were born in America. You can't claim your Russian Heritage. Obama is half African, why do you not want to let him celebrate his heritage as you do yours?
  • Rogue_L... Assassi... 2012/02/26 20:08:24
  • Assassi... Rogue_L... 2012/02/26 20:12:28
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +1
    Well sorry, but if you act like you don't understand people will take you at your word.
  • Kaleoku... Rogue_L... 2012/02/26 20:14:39
    Kaleokualoha
    +1
    This link gets an error code.
  • Rogue_L... Kaleoku... 2012/02/26 20:17:23
  • Kaleoku... Rogue_L... 2012/02/26 20:14:11
    Kaleokualoha
    +2
    Who EXACTLY reversed themselves? One "liberal" cannot "reverse" another liberal. He can only reverse himself.
  • Rogue_L... Kaleoku... 2012/02/26 20:15:51
  • C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT 2012/02/26 19:14:45
    C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT
    +5
    I don't know why conservatives think liberals don't KNOW that Obama is half-white, Yes, GENETICALLY Obama is half and half, but if he had not made that information KNOWN--then if you saw Obama walking down the street, you'd naturally ASSUME that he's a black dude, and Liberals didn't champion the "one-drop" rule, that's something that racist whites came up with to identify anyone that wasn't 100% white
  • Rogue_L... C-ZAR™,... 2012/02/26 19:18:46 (edited)
  • C-ZAR™,... Rogue_L... 2012/02/26 20:25:31
    C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT
    +3
    Yeah, that's by the "theory" that racist whites came up with, of COURSE the children below are genetically 50/50 but to those that DO NOT know, they'd assume what??--that they are BLACK--plain and simple
  • Rogue_L... C-ZAR™,... 2012/02/26 20:29:35
  • C-ZAR™,... Rogue_L... 2012/02/26 20:33:22
    C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT
    +2
    It's racist, but maybe a tad of truth in it, what should we call someone who's not 100% of either race?
    (maybe we should just call them bi-racial, idk)
  • Piper 2012/02/26 18:53:04
    Piper
    +3
    That "one drop rule" is pretty dumb alright, especially since blood type has nothing to do with distinguishing physical characteristics. I haven't heard these "many liberals" championing the one drop rule. The president is clearly half black, and even in my lifetime (and his), would have had to sit in the back of the bus because of that. It would been frowned upon by many if he had married a white woman. Whatever he calls himself, he will still be considered "black" because he doesn't have white skin and straight hair.

No, all blood is not the same. We have different blood types and getting the "wrong" blood is a concern. All races share some of those blood types.......
  • Rogue_L... Piper 2012/02/26 19:00:42 (edited)
  • Piper Rogue_L... 2012/02/26 20:16:00
    Piper
    +2
    No, I didn't misunderstand. You are the one who brought up "blood" in connection to race and blood transfusions.
    People will always be "labeled" by physical characteristics, but not in a blood bank. That one drop rule is still actually recognized in certain legal situations, and has mostly been applied to people of African ancestry who don't have white skin. The president's skin is not white, and he is the first president of obvious black ancestry to gain that office.
  • Rogue_L... Piper 2012/02/26 20:26:43
  • Piper Rogue_L... 2012/02/27 03:12:28
    Piper
    Yes, I do see how racist the "one drop rule" is. The roots of it are anyway. It never had anything to do with actual blood, but with the genetics of a person with black ancestry. It hasn't changed much, because a person of mixed race with "black" physical characteristics will still be identified as black.
  • AM 2012/02/26 15:49:43
  • Rogue_L... AM 2012/02/26 16:20:13
  • AM Rogue_L... 2012/02/26 16:50:30
  • Rogue_L... AM 2012/02/26 16:51:04
  • AM Rogue_L... 2012/02/26 16:57:26
  • LadyBGood AM 2012/02/26 19:44:03
    LadyBGood
    +3
    the first thing the liberals say: You hate obama cuz he's a black man in the white house! They are a ridiculous and small minded lot!
  • Lee The Hybrid Snowflake 2012/02/26 15:31:36
    Lee The Hybrid Snowflake
    +5
    His color has never meant anything to me and it's not something I focus on. Unemployment, gas prices, taxes, these are the things that matter to me right now.
    How ya doing Rogue?

2014/11/24 15:20:45