Is a 17 year old dating a 14 year old bad?

Kai-Neko 2009/04/21 01:51:01
Yeah its horriable
Nope not bad =)
Other comment...
You know what I noticed? its not the year difference its the ages. 17+14=no good 18+15= still no good 19+16=better 20+17=okay okay against the law still but acceptable to a point 21+18=totally legal and chill. I mean my mom is 37?? haha and she dated a guy who's 56. and is marrying a guy who just turned 50 I think. I thought about why.. and its the maturity level. if an 18 year old was dating a 12 a year old thats worrysome.. and wrong. but 22 and 16 is way better then that if you really think about it. hmmm

*DAMN TYP-O HORRIABLE= HORRIBLE

• darrick 2012/12/11 06:24:45
    Other comment...
    darrick
    +9
    Well some one help me? Okay I am 17 gonna turn 18 next year but my girlfriend is 14 an I am 17. she is bout to turn 15 this year is this right or wrong

• nate mace 2014/05/26 22:36:17
    Nope not bad =)
    nate mace
    Let me put an example out there. People get mad when the discriminate against gays, and those who get mad at those people say "as long as they love each other it shouldn't matter" now 14-17 is still minor ages...so what is the issue. As long as those two like each other and have a good relationship then who is to say that it is a bad thing. Don't look at the age look at the people, because covers don't tell the whole story like pages do.
  • Brianna Eshelle Whitaker 2013/11/24 18:53:51
    Nope not bad =)
    Brianna Eshelle Whitaker
    It should not be illegal I think if they love eachother let them There's no wrong in it unless the person rapes the other and I know what you'll say "well it is rape because the person is a minor and don't know better bluh bluh bluh" Well if they don't say no then it's not rape because to be raped you have to be touched in a sexual way that you ddin't want to be so if the 14 year old and the 18 year old are happy and are then let them do what they want there's no wrong in it
  • Anonymousbrandon 2013/07/31 09:33:03
    Other comment...
    Anonymousbrandon
    im 17 and my girl friend is 14 almost 15 and we been dating almost 3 months age is just a number in my view and my parents hated it at first not bc of the age but bc of her skin color i cussed them out and continued to date her bc im white and she is black mixed with white and my parents have no right to tell me who i can and can not date so they seen that and now they accept it :)
  • Lenny 2013/07/05 22:37:50
    Other comment...
    Lenny
    I am dating a 14 year old girl and I'm 17 and we have been dating for about a month now. And were getting along very well but the one problem is that i don't know if her mum likes me. Help ....
  • Alana Lenny 2013/07/27 05:35:15 (edited)
    Alana
    +3
    Okay, first you need to sit down with your girlfriend and discuss if her mum likes you or not, second if you find out she doesn't, show her that you're not like other guys who just party, smoke etc. Help her mum around the house, example clean the dishes, offer to buy OR make dinner for the family, mothers love it when someone helps her around with these things. Hope this has helped you :D
  • brandy Lenny 2013/09/22 20:16:53
    brandy
    +3
    I'm in the same relationship i just turned 14 and my boyfriend is 17 at first he really wanted to meet my mom but was scared at the same time so I let him meet my dad first and as long my dad was ok with it it didn't matter what my mom said so my dad was and my mom didn't even care anyway but just ask her how her mom usally acts then you Wong really be suprised when the time comes
  • Demi Fletcher 2013/06/22 08:26:01
    Other comment...
    Demi Fletcher
    +1
    I don't see how its wrong? I'm 13 and I go out with a 16 year old. Yea you all can call me a slag and what not, but we love eachother so much. Unlike Tiffany we have only been together for about 3 months but I haven't told my mum because she thinks its wrong and that I'm not mature enough. I don't see what the problem is?
  • bells Demi Fl... 2013/08/25 08:12:56
    bells
    +1
    Yeah!! I'm in the same position, but we don't date, yet! Haha we both like each other, but like if we did eventually go out (oh and I'm 14 and he's 17) I would never tell my mum.... Idk tho x
  • Demi Fl... bells 2013/10/12 12:16:57 (edited)
    Demi Fletcher
    I don't want to tell my mum yet as she doesn't think I am mature enough. We almost broke up because of this and we both think its best to wait a bit. I'm now 14 and he is 17 and we have been together for nearly a year!x
  • Tiffany 2013/04/27 00:02:50
    Nope not bad =)
    Tiffany
    Its not bad at all i mean im 14 my boyfriend is 17 this month, weve been together for 7 months and everything is fine, just as long as you guys are mature about its all good, my parents know and are okay with it :)
  • bells Tiffany 2013/08/25 08:13:58
    bells
    +1
    Does he ever like talk about sex??
  • lexi 2013/04/16 22:52:40
    Nope not bad =)
    lexi
    +2
    So I'm fourteen and my boyfriends 17 .. He was a pothead for a while , hangs out with burnouts, his mom died when he was little and now lives with his grandparents . Two days before it was one month I told my mom I was dating him . She already knew his background cause my friend dated him and completely went off on me told me I wasn't allowed to date him and what not . Well I broke up with him so I didn't get introuble . We still talked and one month later we were dating again . We have been dating for a month and 2 weeks and my mom found out I was going behind her back and I can't do anything now . Cause she thinks ill meet up with him or something . She didn't take my phone away or anything she just told me she is doing all she can do to block his number and stuff . And if I get caught talking to him again shell sell my phone , iPod and computer on eBay . My friend says what gets him is his rep but my mom said its not just that it's his age too . And she told me I don't know what love is . But I do . We talk everyday from the time I get home to the time I go to bed . He quit smoking for me . He's been clean for 3 months now and promises he won't do it ever again . His grandparents love me . The only problem is my mom won't let me date him see him or talk to him . What should I do ?
  • Cameron Smart 2013/03/31 23:31:46
    Nope not bad =)
    Cameron Smart
    no its not. Im 14 and the girl is 17 nd i love her i think there is no age limit to love
  • sarrah ... Cameron... 2013/04/12 23:28:57
    sarrah sharpie
    +2
    No I am 17 and my bf is 14 I just turned 17 and he just turned 14 just don't get her pregnant or she will go to jail
  • coral 2013/03/17 22:19:57
    Nope not bad =)
    coral
    no its not. Im 14 and the guy i like is 17. Before, i liked and 18 year old..
  • dallas turner 2013/01/31 03:00:00
  • JJessii 2013/01/20 13:04:49
    Other comment...
    JJessii
    +7
    Okay... So me and this guy Chris have been talking for a while and want to take it to the next level... The only problem is he's 17 and I'm 14... Both of our parents would flip out if they knew our real ages but he wants to tell them together... And is it illegal if we have sex? What do I do? Is it illegal to date him?!
  • dallas ... JJessii 2013/01/31 02:21:25 (edited)
  • sarrah ... JJessii 2013/04/12 23:30:33
    sarrah sharpie
    +3
    Then date him just don't have sex
  • Breanna sarrah ... 2014/08/30 07:00:59
    Breanna
    +4
    I am 14 and i need a bf i had one dat was 16 going on 17 and i love him its juss he lie to much i need a guy if yall know someone please call 6013955882
  • kevin Breanna 2014/10/08 03:15:42
    kevin
    +3
    hey breanna I sent u a txt, I'm 14 and I heard u need a guy to talk to
  • Breanna sarrah ... 2014/08/30 07:01:49
    Breanna
    +1
    Well dnt have sex until u are married
  • ally 2013/01/13 08:26:29
    Nope not bad =)
    ally
    im 14 and have been dating my boyfriend (17) for almost 9 months. its a serious relationship and ive never been this serious about a guy before. my parents LOVE him and we both really love eachother. we both see ourselves married In about 10 years and we see nothing wrong with the age difference. you have to remember that girls mature at a faster rate than the average guy and why should age really matter? honestly? if your 14 and 17 now and in a few years you are 19 and 22 its still the same age difference and same people. just my opinion
  • darrick 2012/12/11 06:24:45
    Other comment...
    darrick
    +9
  • ally darrick 2013/01/13 08:28:49
    ally
    +6
    totally fine, im 14 and ive been dating my boyfriend who is 17 for almost 9 months now. you have to keep in mind that girls mature faster than guys, making it roughly equivalent in maturity, as long as you don't take advantage of her. wish you two the best of luck!
  • Wolfgirl16 2012/11/03 01:51:05
    Nope not bad =)
    Wolfgirl16
    I'm 17 and my bf is 14 I don't see why it would be bad(: as long as there's no sex then it's fine.
  • Gingey345 2012/10/30 20:57:31
    Other comment...
    Gingey345
    I don't think it's a bad thing...but it's not a good thing either...Think about it this way...The age difference isn't the issue, it's the maturity level. I don't care if you THINK you are mature at 14 because you probably aren't. I am 17 right now and I have matured so much in the past 3 years. I was a freshman in high school when I turned 14, and based on the freshmen in my school, they are the most immature beings to walk this planet. Age difference won't matter as much when you both are out of high school, but it matters so much in school. What are you going to do when your 18 year old boyfriend goes off to college and you are just a sophomore in high school? That means 3 years without him.
  • kaileig... Gingey345 2013/09/15 18:54:56
    kaileigh smith
    +3
    I honestly know that some guy who are 14 have had to grow up fast. If they act, think, talk and behave like they are 17-18 years old, i don't see the problem. If you are a 17 year old girl dating a 14 year old boy who acts like he's 12 then yeah that might case a fuss, but don't let people tell you what to do. Age doesn't matter, it is how you feel when you are with them and how you act together that really matter
  • 2012/07/05 03:49:01
    Nope not bad =)
    It's not bad at ,I'm 14 and a girl and dating a 17 year old guy.We understand each other pretty well.Sure we have our ups and downs and twists,I mean it's complicated.I'm in 9th grade and he's in 11th,we're both in our 3rd years of high school,but his school since it's in a different country has a different system.Anyway,back to the topic;it isn't bad at all if you guys understand each other and are aware of the circumstances that center around your relationship. We're both aware and careful...and both of us know our limits..so as long as you guys understand each other and are aware of everything, then it's no problem.
  • idgaf 2012/05/30 05:54:21
  • Doctor 2012/04/27 04:20:00
    Nope not bad =)
    Doctor
    I have a crush on a 17 Yearold so you know where my votes going!
  • julie 2012/04/17 12:28:10
    Nope not bad =)
    julie
    +2
    If u both like eachother then why not? I am dating a 14 year old guy an I'm 17. I am kind of afraid of what the people around us will think, we have kind of been keeping our relationship on the down low... My mom doesn't agree with it but yet again... She doesn't have to know.. And his mom likes me alot so that's good, but I'm just scared of what she will think.
  • peter miller 2012/04/10 02:35:09 (edited)
    Other comment...
    peter miller
    im 14 and mmy girlfriend is 12 is tht soo wrong? we are deeply in love<3 people may think at this young age we dont know what love is,, to be honest we know alot more than you think just need some advice sometimes:)
  • ally peter m... 2013/01/13 08:34:49
    ally
    +5
    I don't think its wrong at all, its not the age its the maturity and girls often mature faster than boys. if it feels right it probably is, I remember how I was at 12 and I was ready for a relationship, its just about the mindset. remember dating is about finding someone to potentially spend the rest of your life with and if that's what you both want I wish you good luck! :)
  • 2012/03/23 17:19:45
    Nope not bad =)
    I don't think it's bad at all. But for me.. I'm a girl dating a girl & yes we do have sex.
    I'm 14 she's 17. My grandma did have a problem but only cause she was a girl. My grandma is kinda homophobic but she's slowly changing. My girlfriend spends the night basically every day. We're fine, nobody judges us or questions us.
  • Parshaesquivel 2012/03/12 04:11:52
    Nope not bad =)
    Parshaesquivel
    It's Not Bad..Well I'm Not Sure My Parents Don't Have A Problem With It And Neither Do I. My Boyfriend is 17 and I'm 14 and he just left my house after being here for almost..five and a half hours. It's harder because he's Mexican and we're Cuban but all and all.If you don't think its bad then it's not.
  • emyfizzy22 2012/03/05 01:40:23
    Nope not bad =)
    emyfizzy22
    i don't think its bad because its only 3 years and it's not like it's illegal.
  • Nakia Douglas 2012/02/28 03:49:04
    Nope not bad =)
    Nakia Douglas
    Not really as long as its not sexual b/c I'm 14 and my boyfriend is 16 in high school so I don't see anything wrong with that as long as sex is not apart of the relationship
  • Carly 2012/02/04 04:53:47
    Nope not bad =)
    Carly
    Guys. When your 16 and he's 19 it's not illegal. The only time it's illegal is if you have sex and they tell. Otherwise it's completely fine!
  • Pookie 2012/01/27 04:33:06 (edited)
    Nope not bad =)
    Pookie
    +1
    Guys Guys Guys... seriously.. its love. You cant contend with your heart.. Its who you are. Who's age you go out with doesn't matter as long as you both are incredibly happy. Also it depends on the level of maturity you both have. Its not like every 18 year old is as mature as the next. But... my relationship is quite different. Im going out with a 21 year old. Im 14. Sure there's a bit of a creepy status but both of us overlooked it. XD I didn't tell him my age till i known him for 2 months (he didn't believe me at first so he was shocked). He never even associates with anyone my age because he finds us incredibly immature. Hes got an amazing heart.. And both of us help each other in incredible ways.. If i got my grades up.. he would quit smoking. And he did, and up went my grades. Anythings possible guys. i just hate how the government is so closed minded about things. Just because something is different, there must always be a law binding it somehow :\ (i understand murder,drugs,ect. ect. but really.) Ive been going out with him for a year now C: And i love him more every day :\ Whats so terrible about that? Every day i wake up to a poem he wrote me. he even chooses out a little song for me to listen to while i read. Every day i find myself writing his name on a fogged...
    Guys Guys Guys... seriously.. its love. You cant contend with your heart.. Its who you are. Who's age you go out with doesn't matter as long as you both are incredibly happy. Also it depends on the level of maturity you both have. Its not like every 18 year old is as mature as the next. But... my relationship is quite different. Im going out with a 21 year old. Im 14. Sure there's a bit of a creepy status but both of us overlooked it. XD I didn't tell him my age till i known him for 2 months (he didn't believe me at first so he was shocked). He never even associates with anyone my age because he finds us incredibly immature. Hes got an amazing heart.. And both of us help each other in incredible ways.. If i got my grades up.. he would quit smoking. And he did, and up went my grades. Anythings possible guys. i just hate how the government is so closed minded about things. Just because something is different, there must always be a law binding it somehow :\ (i understand murder,drugs,ect. ect. but really.) Ive been going out with him for a year now C: And i love him more every day :\ Whats so terrible about that? Every day i wake up to a poem he wrote me. he even chooses out a little song for me to listen to while i read. Every day i find myself writing his name on a fogged up window, and smiling at the oddest of places. We learned to be strong in the darkest of times, and this age thing.... a couple numbers, make it right to tear us apart? Both of us wouldn't be in this world today without each other and today, we have never been more happy. :D

2014/11/23 12:24:39