Inmates in an Arizona Prison are forced to wear pink clothes. Do you think this is unfair?

Lorenzo 2009/01/17 04:35:25
Yes. It is dehumanizing and wrong.
No. They are criminals and should wear pink.
DMX Adopts Pink Prison Wardrobe

Looks like Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio has come up with the cure for DMX's addiction to jail. The hip-hop star and repeat offender, like all of Arpaio's other inmates in the Maricopa county jail, must wear pink t-shirts, underwear and socks.

The girlie wardrobe colors caught DMX by surprise. "This is ridiculous, this is disrespectful," DMX said with a sarcastic laugh during an interview with My Fox Phoenix. "Why the pink?"

Arpaio told Fox & Friends he has had the pink policy in place for 10 years with success. He said the inmates were stealing the white underwear so he dyed them pink.

According to Arpaio, DMX is serving time for charges of animal cruelty, drugs and fraud. Arpaio did not express any sympathy for the hardcore rapper, adding, that jail was not supposed to be fun.

DMX misses the good ole days. "This is not where I want to be man," DMX said. "It used to be, I'll go there, I'll be the life of the party, and ... it's nothing."

Requiring male prisoners to wear pink undergarments is emasculating, but listening to DMX talk about going to jail as if it is a hangout spot is not fine either.

Maybe Cam'ron can give X a pep talk. Cam'ron and other Harlem MCs have always been fine with the springtime pastel color.

• kitkat42 2009/01/17 04:53:39
    kitkat42
    +5
    I live in AZ and Joe Arpaio has the right idea. These folks are in jail, not a hotel. The pink underwear is just the best known. He runs tent city, the inmates live outside in tents and eat bologna and pb&j; - it's mostly filled with low level crime. Stuff like dui and lightweight misdemeanors. His thought process is that they won't want to come back.

• Edgar Valdez 2012/10/03 23:07:08
    Yes. It is dehumanizing and wrong.
    Edgar Valdez
    i hate arpaio i think its unfair that doesnt do anything good at all i hope arpaio dies
  • megsmoo Edgar V... 2013/04/03 09:54:54
    megsmoo
    +1
    Just because they're criminals doesnt mean thy ahould be humilated and disrespected. They didnt committ big crimes, if they were in prison for murder it would be a totally differnt story.
  • elcid6486 2012/07/26 18:02:22
    elcid6486
    They are criminals, don't do the crime if u can't do the time!
  • BETH SMITH 2011/09/06 21:11:20
    BETH SMITH
    +1
    I THINK IT'S GREAT, OUR PRISONS SHOULD BE A PLACE OF PUNISHMENT FOR THEIR CRIMES!!! THEY SHOULD WORK, AND NOT HAVE ANYTHING THATS A PLEASURE. I ALSO THINK THEY SHOULD HAVE TO LISTEN TO THE BIBLE 24/7!!!
  • your conscience 2009/12/05 07:28:08
    your conscience
    The pink clothing, green bologna, Pleasantville-type t.v. agenda and whatever else they throw in is just to fuck with the inmates' mindset. It might deter him/her from doing anything illegal in the future, or it might create a boiling cauldron of hate inside, a deep hatred for society for allowing him not only to be caged like an animal... but to be ridiculed and dehumanized to the point of not caring anymore. And maybe he's guilty of possession of a controlled substance.. pot or coke or whatthefuckever... just like a lot of you haters in this survey are, but haven't got caught...... yet.

Murderers, rapists and other violent criminals don't have much to bitch about when they get caught, they need to be off the streets. But non-violent offenders should only be put into a cage, which is bad enough for animals in general, as a last resort if fines, community service or other alternatives have failed, IMO.

Let you get caught up in midst of our fucked up system, or someone you love, and then we'll see what you post in here. Various studies agree that only about 2% of criminals get caught. That means a bunch of you sheople are riding it out on the tailcoats of the caught, and bashing them in the process. Does anyone think for themselves anymore? Looks like a mindset of a ...

Let you get caught up in midst of our fucked up system, or someone you love, and then we'll see what you post in here. Various studies agree that only about 2% of criminals get caught. That means a bunch of you sheople are riding it out on the tailcoats of the caught, and bashing them in the process. Does anyone think for themselves anymore? Looks like a mindset of a lynching. Hopefully you won't watch your mother or your sister's rape/murder trial end with the defendant saying "Yeah, Maricopa County putting me in those pink clothes made me twist off... I mean I just felt like 'fuck it', so that's basically why I did it. I figure, if society don't care, why the fuck should I?"

I say hopefully on your behalf... a lot of people might enjoy the retribution....
  • free_spirit2009@yahoo.com 2009/10/28 03:10:00
    free_spirit2009@yahoo.com
    +1
    I have always thought our prisons were too cozy for people who have broken the law. People say that these rules are taking away those people's rights, but they have chosen to commit crimes, they don't have rights while they are in prison when it only embarasses them. Many people think of prison as a hotel, not a place of punishment and reform!
  • dmm 2009/10/03 06:37:54
    dmm
    +2
    So all of you who are for prisoners having rights are OK with them rapping, killing and robbing you right? Please post your address so they know where to go...I want to make sure they don't come to my house
  • Minnie 2009/06/17 23:45:42
    Minnie
    Seems to be working for him...
  • blekcat 2009/05/06 00:55:03
    blekcat
    +1
    I think this is one of the best ideas. You do not get put in prison to have fun and wear what you want to wear. This Arizona prison has the right idea. Along with the beautiful pink attire, the prisoners are only allowed to watch the weather channel and the Disney channel, they only eat bologna sandwiches. It is an actual American prison where there are no benefits to being there, so people do not want to go back- what a concept!
  • Kathy 2009/03/17 03:21:46
    Kathy
    +1
    I truly admire this warden for his ability to stand up to the ACLU and all of those bleeding heart idiots. Prisoners should not be so comfortable that they don't mind being sent back to prison. Making life as difficult as it can be made and making them work for all that they need while in prison is only right. I have to work to live, why shouldn't they?
  • happyjolly 2009/03/02 15:18:35
    happyjolly
    i think pink's a pretty cool colour, i'll love mine pink! (:
  • Dee 2009/02/26 03:18:24
    Dee
    +1
    I wish more jails would take on these ideas. Maybe there wouldn't be so many repeat offenders.
  • Raymond 2009/01/23 16:41:28
    Raymond
    +1
    Not at all. I think they should also be forced to wear bras and panties while doing chain gang work on the roadsides......maybe not first time offenders, but anyone who books a second stay ought to get the VSP (very stupid person) treatment.
  • nltsierra Raymond 2009/01/24 15:29:32
    nltsierra
    +2
    Hehehee you said panties!!!! =D
    and some of them might like that kind of treatment!!!
  • JW in FL 2009/01/21 07:38:39
    JW in FL
    +1
    Don't like having to wear pink? Keep you punk a$$ out of jail! What a concept...
  • Chamberlain 2009/01/20 15:39:41
    Chamberlain
    +3
    Because pink is so ugly it's criminal........if this is the worst punishment ever....oh god......never mind, maybe they need to go somewhere where there is real torture, like maybe China or something? This just gave me a damn migraine.
  • ElectricLadybug*SH07* 2009/01/20 08:35:14
    ElectricLadybug*SH07*
    +2
    Criminals cant be choosers!! criminals wear pink criminals choosers

It could be worse!
  • nltsierra 2009/01/20 03:54:34
    nltsierra
    +4
    "unfair" Not a chance, they aren't paying for anything while they are in prison, just serving the time on their sentence.
  • Electri... nltsierra 2009/01/20 08:36:11
    ElectricLadybug*SH07*
    +1
    there's my favorite rottie!! :) rottie
  • nltsierra Electri... 2009/01/21 00:23:48
    nltsierra
    +2

AT your SERVICE!!! =D
  • princess 2009/01/18 01:49:24
    princess
    +1
    Sorry, they no longer deserve 'fair'---what part of criminal does one not understand!!!
  • betz 2009/01/17 09:45:44 (edited)
    betz
    +3
    I say put a little bow in their hair too. bow hair
  • Electri... betz 2009/01/20 08:38:26
    ElectricLadybug*SH07*
    +1
    rotflmao... rotflmao
  • Comrade JBleezz 2009/01/17 07:35:44
    Comrade JBleezz
    +4
    It isn't dehumanizing it is only a color. It isn't like it is uncomfortable or painful for them to wear. They committed a crime the jail should decide what kinds of clothes to provide them.
  • wyotech 2009/01/17 06:50:20
    wyotech
    +4
    cry me a river for the poor fucking criminal...jail is not supposed to be a vacation....but punishment!!!!
  • swedishcurly 2009/01/17 06:22:19
    swedishcurly
    +2
    That's genius!!! If I were stuck in jail wearing pink, never again would I commit a crime!!! That'd be horrible! But pure genius!!! (by the way, I've never been in jail or broken the law.. I'm just saying..)
  • Cat 2009/01/17 06:17:51 (edited)
    Cat
    +4
    They committed crimes, screw 'em.
  • ὤTṻnde΄ӂ 2009/01/17 05:11:39
    ὤTṻnde΄ӂ
    +1
    They wear pink underwear because too many of the inmates were stealing the t-shirts and underwear, so Arpaio decided they should wear pick underwear and eat green bologna. Now, to make money, the pink undies are sold (not to the inmates, but the community)
  • Hank 2009/01/17 05:09:05
    Hank
    +4
    They wear bright orange around this part of the state. Some local jails have also gone back to the old black and white stripes. If you don't want to wear jail issue clothing, don't get arrested.
  • Howard Beale II 2009/01/17 05:02:29
    Howard Beale II
    The intent is to dehumanize. They do this to prisoners, they do it to military trainees, and it is very effective in breaking the human spirit. It is also why they cut off their hair and similar dehumanizing things.
  • KSJR362 - Not what you think 2009/01/17 04:57:23
    KSJR362 - Not what you think
    +1
    Well if they didn't put the reds in with the whites, they wouldn't have that problem ... now would they.
  • kitkat42 2009/01/17 04:53:39
    kitkat42
    +5
  • frankie 2009/01/17 04:44:40
    frankie
    +3
    I could care less if a criminal is humiliated or not.
  • Estick 2009/01/17 04:44:17
    Estick
    +1
    If enough prisons were to do this it would spill over to the street population and pink would be would what was in.
  • Stardust 2009/01/17 04:42:20
    Stardust
    pinks cool.. real men and women wear pink!!
  • Suicide is Painless~<3 Rev~<3 2009/01/17 04:39:52
    Suicide is Painless~<3 Rev~<3
    +2
    If you can't do the time don't do the crime.
  • Stardust Suicide... 2009/01/17 04:43:06
    Stardust
    more like if you can't wear the color, don't do the time.. lol
  • betz Suicide... 2009/01/17 09:49:02
    betz
    +1
    if they're in the clink...make them wear pink.
  • Moose 2009/01/17 04:38:44
    Moose
    +3
    They should just count their lucky stars they get anything.
  • BoyOfTheEnders 2009/01/17 04:37:09
    BoyOfTheEnders
    Who can make fun of you, for wearing pink, when every one is wearing pink.
    criminals wear pink fun wearing pink wearing pink
    Our Army should be pink too?
    What do ya say?

2014/09/01 21:08:57