In your opinion: In the Bible does GOD exhibits more poor moral choices or good moral choices?

bob 2012/08/08 20:07:37
In The Bible GOD exhibits more poor moral choices than good moral choices
In The Bible GOD exhibits more good moral choices than poor moral choices
The writers of the Bible stories concerning GOD showed poor moral choices than good
The writers of the Bible stories concerning GOD showed good moral choices than poor
As most Fairy Stories the writers of the bible were inexperienced in writing about Morality

• Mel 2012/08/08 20:41:28
    The writers of the Bible stories concerning GOD showed poor moral choices tha...
    Mel
    +10
    66 books filled with contradictions, justified acts of genocide, rape, incest, wholesale slaughter of counties, and culminating to a "saviour" whose life mirror deity who predate him by 5000 years.

• P. Sturm 2012/09/15 07:54:44
    P. Sturm
    Judgment wasn't so hot either.
  • Cat 2012/08/11 15:00:33
    Cat
    +1
    You have no authority to judge God.
    If you think you do, you will be sorry after it is too late to make a change.
  • ✞Knight of Honor 2012/08/10 08:32:32
    ✞Knight of Honor
    God exhibits no "poor moral choices."
  • bob ✞Knight... 2012/08/13 13:07:54
    bob
    The Abrahamic religions GOD shows biggotry, hatred and many mental illnesses. No man defined GOD is real just fairy stories. There was no Adam and Eve, no great flood, no heaven or hell, no angles not devils other than in sick minds.
  • Tom 2012/08/10 04:04:16
    Tom
    +1
    God NEVER!!!!!!! Makes any Poor Moral Choices. Everything He Does is Done for a Reason.
  • Tennessee3501 2012/08/09 23:46:12
    Tennessee3501
    +1
    I will not bite the bait and question the judgment of God! I want Him to Judge me one day!
  • bob Tenness... 2012/08/13 13:08:45
    bob
    the god of the universe no body.
  • mind-pilot 2012/08/09 23:31:18
    mind-pilot
    +1
    Who knows what the original "morality" was. It's a conformity-thing. Good morals, bad morals can change depending on what needs to be conformed to. Since the bible engages in slavery and women beating, child stoning and much, much more, Gods morals could possibly be very different from ours today. In our culture it might be morally right for the "boys to go out and have a drink and leave the women behind". In our culture might be a moral obligation to kill your next-door neighbor and your wife if you find the two of them having sex. Is God "morally" in tune with what was done to Job? It might have been. In my moral circle "if your not cheating you're not trying" to be morally correct.
    That goody-two-shoe action of being "morally competent" deals strictly with that persons world and might not make moral sense to me.
  • JonDeniro 2012/08/09 17:22:02
    JonDeniro
    +1
    "Man created God in his own image" - Robert Heinlein
  • jackola... JonDeniro 2012/08/09 18:30:37
    Heinlein's view was somewhat inconsistent on this point several times, but then you'
    d actual;ly have to read almost everything he ever wrote.
    The Story JOB is where this cam from I think. God's quiet provincial gets interrupted several times in "Time enough for Love"
  • JonDeniro jackola... 2012/08/11 23:12:05
    JonDeniro
    Actually, I have read every book he ever published, except the last one: "To Sail Beyond The Sunset."

There is no inconsistency whatsoever in Heinlein's opinion of religion.
  • Mark 2012/08/09 12:24:44
    Mark
    +3
    It's not for humans to judge the morality of God
  • bob Mark 2012/08/09 15:58:40
    bob
    Why not? Man created GOD, so why can't we question? Turth trumps all
  • Mark bob 2012/08/09 20:57:11
    Mark
    +3
    According to you God doesn't exist, so your comment is illogical.
  • bob Mark 2012/08/09 21:05:28
    bob
    not at all. I just don't believe in the man made GOD
  • Mark bob 2012/08/10 08:57:27
    Mark
    You must have your doubts, otherwise you wouldnt be so active. 85% of your posts over the past week have been about Christianity. I do not believe the loch ness monster exists and I have not made a mention (apart from just then). You do not believe in a Christian God....your activity speaks for itself.
  • Red 2012/08/09 09:42:57
  • Mark Red 2012/08/09 12:26:24
    Mark
    +1
    What an answer!
  • Red Mark 2012/08/09 21:13:44
  • Bassinman 2012/08/09 07:18:51
    Bassinman
    +2
    It would depend on which god of which bible you are referencing. The God that I believe in is perfect and doesn't exhibit poor choices. Some things that my God has done, as referenced in the Holy Bible, would seem to most non- believers as horrible and inconceivable things. But I know that I am not God's judge, He is my judge and He will judge ALL souls. I don't understand some things that He has done, but I do know that only one half of the total story has been told in the Holy Bible, and by faith I believe two things - 1. That the God I believe in is perfect, and everything that He does is not required to meet with my approval, and 2. I will find out the rest of the story, and why He did the things that seem to some people as uncalled for. He knows the reasons, and sometime I will find out (when it's time for me to know), just why. But I have no doubt that everything He did was on the up and up, we mortals just can't handle the truth, and some things are not meant for mortals to know.
  • Mark Bassinman 2012/08/09 12:26:09
    Mark
    +1
    a magnificent response
  • Marie Bassinman 2012/08/09 21:16:37 (edited)
    Marie
    +1
    Not with our pea sized brains! We are still in the infancy of understanding! All we need to do is remember God is Love! Love one another as I love you!!! God is love
  • handimom 2012/08/09 04:30:39
    handimom
    I don't make moral decisions based only on the Bible - The Bible was written by many different men and women and then edited and translated. There are many good moral choices, but you are the mercy of other people ideas when you rely only on the Bible for your moral choices, common sense can do a lot of good. Just go into a Christian book store and look at how many versions there are and how different each one is. The Catholic version has a book that the King James don't have.
  • 8mariedawn6 2012/08/09 01:33:29
    8mariedawn6
    +2
    God is God he knows all he see's all we are only able to see are small little world and thank we got problums.We never created a planit or even a creature so who are we to question the Father.I trust in the Lord and his choices have always been good for me.Blessings.
  • bricklyn 8maried... 2012/08/09 02:46:50
    bricklyn
    We are thinking intelligent human being and have every right to question the loonacy in the bible.
  • Bassinman bricklyn 2012/08/09 07:35:56 (edited)
    Bassinman
    +2
    We are thinking intelligent human BEINGS, and have every right to question the LUNACY in the BIBLE..... I thought that there was a bit of lunacy in the Bible when I was younger, too. But when I grew up to be the ripe old age of 8, I found out that I didn't know diddly about ' WHAT GOD WAS DOING' in His 'Word' I discovered that many of the things that people condemned Him for as tragedies, were for proving people and trying them to see if they would come out of the trial as a believer or not.
  • bricklyn Bassinman 2012/08/11 03:38:57
    bricklyn
    Well, I am at the ripe old age of 64 and I question the genocide of the bible as something a loving and forgiving god would do.

I was a christian for over 30 years and have studied religions, history, science and archeology for another 30 and the only conclusion that comes out of that research is that is that a perfect god does not demand constant worship, is not jealous, should not have to lie,to get his work done, would not command genocide simply because others do not believe in him, would never command the slaughter of innocent children and the unborn.

Any god that cannot/does not uphold the same standards of morality that he expects of those he creates, is not really a god. Any god who does not wants his creations to have worldly knowledge is also not secure enough to be a god either.
  • gryphon1 2012/08/09 01:32:25
    gryphon1
    +3
    The constant drum beat of atheists claiming no belief in God but only asking questions and making comments about God strikes me as clear evidence of their cognitive dissonance regarding their disavowal of God's existence.
  • bricklyn gryphon1 2012/08/09 02:48:55 (edited)
    bricklyn
    Atheism has nothing to do with beliefs. Obviously you have no idea at all what Atheism is about.
  • gryphon1 bricklyn 2012/08/09 03:42:16
    gryphon1
    +3
    actually I do have a well developed and accurate idea of what atheism is about. And it plays out just exactly like a religion.
  • Mark gryphon1 2012/08/09 12:28:21
    Mark
    +2
    That's very true, gryphon.
  • gryphon1 Mark 2012/08/09 13:31:23
    gryphon1
    +2
    In point of fact atheism is about the absolute BELIEF that there is no God. It is a faith statement they cannot prove.
  • Seiryuu gryphon1 2012/08/10 01:15:03
    Seiryuu
    +1
    Oddly enough, saying that any higher power exists is a faith statement that can't be proven either. :O
  • bricklyn gryphon1 2012/08/11 04:01:19 (edited)
    bricklyn
    Spoken like a christian who with no ability to understand concepts outside of a religious context.

Atheism is the absence of god-belief. All else is embellishment. Atheism has no dogma, no rites, no holy books, no places of worship and no clergy of any description. It offers no political opinions and no world view.

So religion can manifest itself in many forms. Despite this, atheism is clearly not a religion, as it is an absence in belief in Supreme Beings, supernatural events and a soul that survives death, or any combination of the above.

It is not a religion, it is the absence of religion.
  • TheHushedScreamer 2012/08/09 00:12:30
    TheHushedScreamer
    The whole Bible is contradicting. He showed both. If you were to base your opinion on the Old Testament, it's poor over good. If you were to base your opinion on the New Testament, I think it may be good over poor.
  • Seiryuu 2012/08/08 23:55:19
    Seiryuu
    +3
    Well, he killed more people personally than Satan, anyway.
  • Marie Seiryuu 2012/08/09 21:20:51
    Marie
    Maybe Death is a blessing?????
  • Seiryuu Marie 2012/08/10 01:14:14
    Seiryuu
    And sends them to hell? What a god.
  • Marie Seiryuu 2012/08/11 13:48:47 (edited)
    Marie
    Life is hell. not death!
  • Seiryuu Marie 2012/08/11 14:22:32
    Seiryuu
    OR IS IT

dun dun dun...

2014/11/26 16:23:32