In your house, who does the dog walking?

cate 2012/04/27 13:29:07
Related Topics: Dog, Walking, House

• john 2012/04/28 22:18:29
    Me
    john
    +1
    i take the dog twice a day for about an hour...
  • bricklyn 2012/04/28 01:23:24
    We
    bricklyn
    +1
    Actually the dog walk me.
  • LindaM 2012/04/27 23:09:57
    We
    LindaM
    +1
    Our nightly walk, three miles.
  • jubil8 BN-0 PON 2012/04/27 22:40:30
    We
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +1
    The dog -- with me holding the leash.
  • Muriel 2012/04/27 22:25:34
    He
    Muriel
    +1
    They are a team. Cute.
  • John 2012/04/27 18:24:58
    He
    John
    +2
    he means here: the dog. He walked alone, or better, did his exercise. When he wanted to make pee he made it clear and we opened the door. He took never the shortest way back, depending on the weather. Or he went to the pony, and both played hunting, sometimes the dog the pony, and vice versa. When we heard him back at the door we opened and he came in, sometimes full of earth from hunting and digging mouses. Then he climbed behind the woof fired oven and slept for some time.
    He was thrown out of a car we think, living for months on the fields nearby. Then he came to the house, very hungry. We gave him some milk and since then he never run away, watched the house and was obviously happy with us.
  • cate John 2012/04/27 23:01:23
    cate
    What a lovely story and what a lovely dog.
  • LindaM John 2012/04/27 23:08:49
    LindaM
    Very nice story. Thanks for sharing.
  • scientologist supreme 2012/04/27 18:02:48 (edited)
    I don't have a doggy.
    scientologist supreme
    +1
    i wish i did though :(
  • Veritas 2012/04/27 17:44:26
    We
    Veritas
    +1
    We have a schedule. My son does the morning and mid-day. My daughter does dinner time and I do late night.
  • Panloker 2012/04/27 17:35:41
    Me
    Panloker
    +1
    It was always me as until late as I have medical issues that makes walking any distance difficult. Now they barely get walked at all. I feel incredibly guilty because their walks is their favorite thing in the world :(
  • !TARD~MUFFIN! 2012/04/27 16:59:01
    She
    !TARD~MUFFIN!
    +1
    She walks herself. :)
  • Lady Winters 2012/04/27 16:18:47
    I don't have a doggy.
    Lady Winters
    +1
    just a cat who doesn't have to walk because my son just carries him everywhere. lol
  • Casy 2012/04/27 15:58:35
    Me
    Casy
    +1
    Mostly I do.....
    lady walking the dog
  • SoCalEx-Dem 2012/04/27 15:42:23
    Me
    SoCalEx-Dem
    +1
    My dogs walk themselves. I open the door and they walk right into the yard and play.
  • Bali 2012/04/27 15:29:01
    He
    Bali
    +1
    my dog walks himself
  • Dale 2012/04/27 14:52:13
    Me
    Dale
    +4
    Or maybe my dog walks me, who knows?
  • JohnT 2012/04/27 14:42:36
    I don't have a doggy.
    JohnT
    +1
    We are retired, so travel from time to time, so no dog. Even if we did not travel we would not have one, too high maintenance
  • bricklyn JohnT 2012/04/28 01:24:21
    bricklyn
    People are much higher maintanance than dogs are.
  • JohnT bricklyn 2012/04/28 01:29:45
    JohnT
    Everytime someone comments about a dog you dog nutters come out of the wall. It is simple 234 million of us in America don't own the fece's eating things and do just fine. You are the minority so get over it.
  • bricklyn JohnT 2012/04/28 03:33:19
    bricklyn
    The facts remain that pets are extemely good for the emotional health of humans and are particularly important for the elderly and the young.

People like you have a selfish and self centered instinct that you have not advanced from the 3 years old stage and never matured past that. Get over yourself.

Dogs

There are approximately 78.2 million owned dogs in the United States
    Thirty-nine percent of U.S. households own at least one dog
    Most owners (60 percent) own one dog
    Twenty-eight percent of owners own two dogs
    Twelve percent of owners own three or more dogs
    On average, owners have almost two dogs (1.69 percent)
    The proportion of male to female dogs is even
    Twenty-one percent of owned dogs were adopted from an animal shelter

Cats

There are approximately 86.4 million owned cats in the United States
    Thirty-three percent of U.S. households own at least one cat
    Fifty-two percent of owners own more than one cat
    On average, owners have two cats (2.2)
  • JohnT bricklyn 2012/04/28 03:43:47
    JohnT
    Seeing you are up for the doggy games let's discuss the useless things. By the way I have always had pets but cannot pet crazy people. Of course I have had cats they don't eat their feces they bury it, and they are quiet no damn barking

Each day, about 1,000 U.S. citizens require emergency care treatment for dog bite injury.1 The following studies examine injury occurrence and the dog breeds most likely to bite.
    Dog Attack Deaths and Maimings, U.S. & Canada,
    September 1982 to December 26, 2011

By compiling U.S. and Canadian press accounts between 1982 and 2011, Merritt Clifton, editor of Animal People, shows the breeds most responsible for serious injury and death.
    The combination of pit bulls, rottweilers, their close mixes and wolf hybrids:

77% of attacks that induce bodily harm
    73% of attacks to children
    81% of attack to adults
    68% of attacks that result in fatalities
    76% that result in maiming
    The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality published a study in 2010 showing that the number of Americans hospitalized for dog bites almost doubled over a 15-year period.

The average cost of a dog bite-related hospital stay was $18,200, approximately 50 percent higher than the average injury-related hospital stay.
    There were 4 times as many dog bite-related ED visit...

September 1982 to December 26, 2011

77% of attacks that induce bodily harm
    73% of attacks to children
    81% of attack to adults
    76% that result in maiming

There were 4 times as many dog bite-related ED visits and 3 times as many hospital stays in rural areas than in urban areas.
    Dog Waste Threatens Public Health

“Dog waste is an environmental pollutant. In 1991, it was placed in the same health category as oil and toxic chemicals by the Environmental Protection Agency,” explains Virginia-based pet waste removal company Doody Calls in a press release. “The longer dog waste stays on the ground, the greater a contamination becomes. Bacteria, worms and other parasites thrive in waste until it’s washed away into the water supply.”

USAToday reports that 40% of dog owners do not pick up their dog’s waste at all and all that waste pollutes waterways. Because scientists are able to track the origin of the fecal bacteria to the species that excreted it, we even know how much. One study showed as much as 90% of the fecal coliform in urban stormwater was of non-human origin, mostly dog.
  • bricklyn JohnT 2012/05/02 01:53:54
    bricklyn
    More people are killed by people than by dogs!!!!1

MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET SOME FACTS INSTEAD OF NEWS.

Male dogs accounted for 70% - 87% of the attacks studied, and 60% were unneutered males.

http://dogbitelaw.com/why-dog...

As for cats being quiet, I guess you have never heard cats in heat or the males trying to get to a female in heat. The yeowlling is intensing and can to on for days. I have been a cat breeder for years.

All cats do not bury their feces either. The leave it in neighbors flower beds and spray patio furniture and leave everything stinking to high heaven. Cats also bite and scratch and medical attention is also required.

Landfills

Although disposable diapers need to be exposed to oxygen and sunlight to decompose, they do not degrade well in a landfill. What's more, disposable diapers take about 500 years to decompose. The millions of tons of untreated waste added to landfills each year through plastic diapers can contaminate ground water. Another concern is that viruses excreted in a baby's feces could end up leaking into local water supplies. According to the Atmospheric Radiation Measurement Program, landfills are known for producing greenhouse gas emissions, which can contribute to the earth's climate changes. Decomposing diapers release methane into the air. Hi...

http://dogbitelaw.com/why-dog...

Landfills

Although disposable diapers need to be exposed to oxygen and sunlight to decompose, they do not degrade well in a landfill. What's more, disposable diapers take about 500 years to decompose. The millions of tons of untreated waste added to landfills each year through plastic diapers can contaminate ground water. Another concern is that viruses excreted in a baby's feces could end up leaking into local water supplies. According to the Atmospheric Radiation Measurement Program, landfills are known for producing greenhouse gas emissions, which can contribute to the earth's climate changes. Decomposing diapers release methane into the air. High concentrations of the gas can be explosive and flammable. Methane is also dangerous to breathe in because it replaces oxygen.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/art...
  • JohnT bricklyn 2012/05/02 04:37:49
    JohnT
    Good points but the bottom line for me is there are more irresponsible dog owners I have ran across who let their dogs dump in parks and children's playground areas, and think they have the right to put their dog noise in my home, and by taking them to court they learn very quickly they don't. It is the owners that are the problem and continue to be the problem. I keep my cat inside no noise and if there is, it doesn't go on as it does with dogs for hours and hours at a time because the dog is in distress because the selfish owner leaves it home all day while they are at work and lets his/her neighborhood tolerate their noise, that is not only rude it is a nuisance.
    Keep in mind I keep re-iterating it is the dumb human that makes little effort because of What? Self importance, non caring,I have no idea but it is getting worse and there are some of us that won't tolerate it and will work diligently to change laws so responsibility is required or citations can be issued.
    http://animaluncontrol.blogsp...
  • Peewee ~PWCM~ 2012/04/27 13:32:50
    Me
    Peewee ~PWCM~
    +2
    I do the doggie everything. Thankfully I have a huge fenced yard.

2014/11/24 04:08:22