In stump speech, Michelle Obama evicts mother from White House?

~ The Rebel ~ 2012/05/08 14:01:55

First lady Michelle Obama has figuratively evicted her 74-year-old mother from the White House in an apparent effort to boost her appeal to middle-class voters.

The eviction notice came April 30 when the first lady told fellow Democrats at a fundraiser that she shared their values. “My family, we lived in a little bitty apartment on the South Side of Chicago over my aunt’s house [and] my mom still lives in that house to this day.”

However, the first lady’s mother, Marian Robinson, has lived in the White House since March 2009, when Essence Magazine announced her move from Chicago to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

“She will stay as long as her son-in-law and daughter want her to stay there,” Angela Burt-Murray, the editor of Essence Magazine, said in an April 2009 “Today” show interview.

White House officials have largely kept Robinson out of sight, and she makes relatively few public appearances. One recent exception came on April 9, when she publicly readThe Rainbow Fish” at the 2012 White House Easter Egg Roll.

The first lady’s effort to distance herself from her mother’s White House stay comes as both she and President Barack Obama try to stress their middle-class roots, amid a stalled economy and high unemployment.

Read More: http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/01/in-stump-speech-...

• Frank 2014/08/01 16:19:33
    Frank
    +1
    They act like they were the only people on earth poor and lonely. How sickening, both live in the White house, make millions, and are putting on the poor act. I don't know whose the more sickening Hillary wityh her poor act, or the Obamas. How about telling the truth for once maybe that would get you more votes?
    I say how about really helping the poor instead of lip service, you hypocrites....
  • Ric U. 2014/08/01 03:24:01
    Ric U.
    I wonder if there is any political meat on these bones.
  • Demonic Rat Hunter 2012/05/08 17:31:48
    Demonic Rat Hunter
    +2
    Just wait till we evict Sasquatchelle and the obama evict obama
  • keeper 2012/05/08 16:25:39
    keeper
    +3
    What a losing pair to draw to!!
  • jackie 2012/05/08 15:06:31
    jackie
    +2
    So, that means REMOVE her from the white house? or just dont really talk to her that much?

2014/08/21 20:10:17