Imagine Question: If There Were No Religion Would The World Be A Better Place?

AARGH! 2011/07/26 17:39:32
Related Topics: Religion, World

SLIDESHOW: Would No Religion Be Good?

1 of 1

John Lennon

Imagine
  1. John Lennon

John Lennon

Imagine

If there were no religion do you think the world would be a better place?

• William Day 2011/09/11 06:13:09
    Yes...
    William Day
    I think that it would.
  • Darnel 2011/08/30 21:23:44
    No...
    Darnel
    Based on the experiment of the Soviet Union? No.
  • sweeturock41 2011/08/13 17:34:51
    Undecided...
    sweeturock41
    It is unfortunate that religion probably must be, due to the small minds who are massively unprepared for a life of truth.

Those who will be tyrannous, will be tyrannous with or without fairy tales to blame.

It would be so wonderful if we could live with the belief and utilization of G.O.D. (Good Orderly Direction) as our collective drive...and wonderful if we did all use the Force and wanted evolution to move forward positively. Instead we are surrounded by an ever-growing force of idiots and that idea of mine may be just as ridiculous to dream about as Heaven.

However, I do strongly believe we will see an end only because of the crazy religious stories that brainwashed people think is promised and as such, they may cause. That is what I fear.

dream heaven crazy religious stories brainwashed people promised fear
  • goblue1968 2011/08/11 23:40:33
    No...
    goblue1968
    The odds are against it being a better place because the people who seek to have power over other people would still act upon that urge and try to dominate the people around them and form governments which would foster disputes with other governments.
  • Darklight - Genesis 1: 17-18 2011/08/05 19:02:00
    Undecided...
    Darklight - Genesis 1: 17-18
    Religions were created by God's adversary to keep s from doing his will.

John Lennon and the Beatles were heroin addicts before they were picked to poison the world. Their music-lyrics wee written by occultist

Imagine there's no heaven... it's EASY if you try.” It's easy if you try? Well, not exactly John. You see Psalm 19:1 proclaims that “The heavens declare the glory of God...” It would be very difficult to deny something that is so obvious. In fact, let's look at Romans 1:20 (I'm about to discourage anyone who shares Lennon's dream of a utopian world without God)...

"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:" —Romans 1:20

Romans 1:20 plainly warns that no one has an excuse not to acknowledge and obey God in their life. Certainly, Lennon's message sounds wonderful. Only a hateful person would want war and bloodshed, which religion often leads to. However, John Lennon's views are not reality. War is a fact of life, because sin is a fact of life.
    ---------------------

SATAN ROCK http://www.naderlibrary.com/l...

Since the launching of the Beatles as an international project via TV in 1963, "rock" has been the...

---------------------

Since the launching of the Beatles as an international project via TV in 1963, "rock" has been the most influential recruiter to Satanism. Rock was created, and is still coordinated by Crowley's followers and by the OTO network, in cooperation with WICCA. It is, not so incidentally, also the Satanist's biggest money-maker

There is nothing spontaneous or accidental about "rock." It is a product of classical studies of the ancient Phrygian terrorist cult of Satan-Dionysos, the model for the Roman Bacchic cults of similar characteristics. Crowley's control of the "rock industry" has been documented by a team of [private] investigators, who have also noted, that in addition to the Satanist lyrics, Satanist messages embedded sublimally in rock recordings are a key feature of this subversive operation.

The "rock rhythm" itself is copied from the old Dionysian-Bacchic cults. Even without the drugs and sexual orgies which are characteristic features of hard-core rock affairs, repeated, frequent, hours-long exposure to constant repetition of "rock rhythms" produces lasting, drug-like effects on the mind of the victim. Reducing sexual practices
    to the level of bestiality, is a crucial feature of Satanism in all historical periods studied, from Phrygian Cybele-Dionysos cult-period onward.
  • ur XLNC-PWCM 2011/08/01 19:53:06
    Yes...
    ur XLNC-PWCM
    Religion has been the excuse for most of the bad stuff that people do.
  • Darklig... ur XLNC... 2011/08/09 14:45:57 (edited)
    Darklight - Genesis 1: 17-18
    so religion is rebellion against God?

Freemasonry is being introduced as the New World Religion. We are being brainwashed with it every day. Freemasonry is a religion that believes Lucifer is the "God of light and God of good, struggling for humanity against Adonay, God of darkness and evil." It is a secret society that demands adherents swear blind obedience on pain of death before they even know what it represents.
  • ur XLNC... Darklig... 2011/08/09 15:07:41
    ur XLNC-PWCM
    I'm not sure how I inspired your comment, but, in MY opinion, Lucifer does NOT exist. However, according to the Sumerian's, the guy that created us, has as his symbol....The Serpent, which is STILL used today as the symbol of the medical profession. The dude in The "Garden" was the same guy. The dude that warned Noah was the same guy. He was in in nearly constant conflict with his brother, and THEY morphed into a single entity over time. Strange thing is that this morphed character is the ONE that is given credit for EVERYTHING, but, these guy's and their community make reference to "The Father That Was THERE at the BEGINNING! I do believe that the worshipping that is practiced today is giving credit to the wwrong one!
  • Darklig... ur XLNC... 2011/08/09 15:50:15
    Darklight - Genesis 1: 17-18
    the wrong one so you might be a Freemason?

The One World system and Freemasonry teaches that the total replacement of God with Lucifer will bring in the most exalted era, Freemasonry is the first user of the title for this article-- Ordo Ab Chao.
  • ur XLNC... Darklig... 2011/08/09 16:02:09
    ur XLNC-PWCM
    What part of "LUCIFER DOES NOT EXIST" do YOU not understand?
  • Willie 2011/08/01 06:09:47
    Yes...
    Willie
    Nothing to kill or die for.
  • Darklig... Willie 2011/08/09 14:59:08
    Darklight - Genesis 1: 17-18
    people kill for shoes, drugs, parking spaces, land, turf, jealously. Communism killed hundreds of thousands and is still killing.

Genocide is defined as the mass killing of people for economic, political, and/or ideological reasons.

Masonic revolutionary Giuseppe Mazzini said, "we corrupt in order to rule."

"A tyrant is always stirring up some war or other, in order that the people may require a leader." - Plato, The Republic

“The urge to SAVE Humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.” - H. L MECKEN
  • Doc 2011/07/30 21:47:37
    None Of The Above...
    Doc
    Old Nellie Bones said it best
  • EarlCollins 2011/07/30 13:25:23
    None Of The Above...
    EarlCollins
    +1
    In order to answer this question we have to go way back in time. The oldest "religion" is actually a tie. How long the Wicca and Druid religions have been around is debatable. I'm not certain if there are still remenants of the Myan or Aztec sun-god religion. But the point is that these "religions" arose out of the need for people to have an answer to some basic questions. Why does the sun come up earlier sometimes and later at other times? Why did my crops do well last year and this year I am not getting as many ears of corn? What made my son/daughter die?, etc., etc., etc.
    Even the first 5 books of the traditoinal Bible which was basically the Bible used during the days of Jesus have 2 books of rules and regulations for living. Most are common sense hygeine. Some tell you what you can and cannot kill for food. There are even two books which teach you the art of war. The Chinese first documented religion basically answers the basic questions human beings ask daily.
    So, back to the question, If there were no religion, would the world be a better place? I would say that the world be different. We would have no astronomy only astrology. We would have no math. We would lack good map making skills. There would be an extensive sense of mystery and dread concerning people who were ...
    So, back to the question, If there were no religion, would the world be a better place? I would say that the world be different. We would have no astronomy only astrology. We would have no math. We would lack good map making skills. There would be an extensive sense of mystery and dread concerning people who were different from ourselves. The idea of freedom would not exist and fuedalism would be the order of the day. We would still be a society based on agriculture and the population would not be nearly as high as it is today due to war, famine, desease, and ignorance. Remember that science and medicine were a result of religion.
  • Darklig... EarlCol... 2011/08/09 15:23:08
    Darklight - Genesis 1: 17-18
    Pretty good answer, reply. Nature was and still is a fierce powerful and merciless force. I am sure back in early and even more present times people might have felt nature the gods or fate was with or against them depending on what happened. Earthquakes, tornadoes etc the people would think they did something wrong and might be being punished. This might be where all the pagan religions came from. People were grateful for-to the sun, so many became sun worshipers, the moon etc. (native Americans Mayans Greeks come to mind) they all created gods to honor nature and their imaginations.

So you say .." If there were no religion, would the world be a better place? I would say that the world be different. We would have no astronomy only astrology. We would have no math. We would lack good map making skills." ... Religion helped? which religions?
  • EarlCol... Darklig... 2011/08/11 13:57:07
    EarlCollins
    +1
    The first that came to mind is, believe it or not, the Catholics in Spain and Porugal. Had they not been trying to find a better route for commerce, the Portugal sailors would have never gone where the map said "Here be Dragons". Thus, we got the first idea that the world was round and not flat. Had Leif Erickson not challenged the Norse Gods, he would have never gone from Iceland to Greenland to modern day Nova Scotia and then south to modern day Maine. From these first intreped adventurers we got the first of the missionaries. They helped make the first maps of the Americas. The rest is history. Los Angeles, the city of Angels, and San Deigo, etc, came from the missions named the same. Even the Alamo came from the name of the mission built there. Had Galileo not been at odds with the Italian church, we never would have gotten modern astronomy or solar science. He was the first one to see the surface of the sun and record the sun spots. Had young Marco Polo not gone with his father to China, we would not have tomatoes or pasta. Can you imagine no spaghetti? He also brought back with him something simple as the Abacus and geometry. All because of a religious monk coming back with stories from China. Who would have thought we owe so much to so few?
  • Darklig... EarlCol... 2011/08/11 16:02:17
    Darklight - Genesis 1: 17-18
    the CATHOLICS ??? the US and the world are controlled by the anti christ anti human Jesuits the army of the Vatican, they have turned the world into their very own pagan religious world.

"The said Institute [the Society of Jesus] is inadmissible in any civilised State, as its nature is hostile to all spiritual and temporal authority; it seeks to introduce into the Church and States, under the plausible veil of a religious Institute, not an Order truly
    desirous to spread evangelical perfection, but rather a political body working untiringly at usurping all authority, by all kinds of indirect, secret and devious means ... [the doctrine of the Jesuits] is perverse, a destroyer of all religious and honest principles, insulting to Christian morals, pernicious to civil society, hostile to the rights of the nation, the royal power, and even the security of the sovereigns and obedience of their subjects; suitable to stir up the greatest disturbances in the States, conceive and maintain the worst kind of corruption in men's hearts." --- The statement of arrest issued by the French government detailing the real agenda of the secret society calling itself the Society of Jesus (1762
    ----------------------

Religions: The Occult Connection http://www.jesus-is-savior.co...
  • EarlCol... Darklig... 2011/08/12 17:27:10
    EarlCollins
    +1
    I have been studying the religions of the world since High School. I had to write a term paper in a college level English class on "Religion - Pro or Con". It was before computers, in 1973, so I had to manually type it. I typed over 500 pages, double spaced, and only got a 'B+'. I learned alot that year. It was also the year I dropped out of the Catholic religion. Even today I am not aligned with any one denomination. I relate closer to the Pentacostal way of thinking than any other. The Freedom of worshiping how the Bible intended man to worship God without rituals or other men getting in the way is refreshing.
    I have read the Bible through at least 4 times in English and once in the original Hebrew and Greek. That was not easy. I am just now helping my wife to read through the puzzle of Revelations. I would enjoy an open discussion of YOUR views on the subjects discussed in the Bible. I think it would be intellectually stimulating.
  • Darklig... EarlCol... 2011/08/15 17:27:20
    Darklight - Genesis 1: 17-18
    Good to hear you got away from that pagan religion. I found out no one arees on everything, whether its the Rapture, Israel, the Jews being the chosen one, etc. The bible has been corrupted in many ways, new religions have added books. Many dumbed down atheist and others think Catholicism, Mormons, Latter Day Saints, Jehovah's Witness etc are Christian. Christian doesnt mean what it used to mean. I avoid using that label to describe my faith.

Billions are lost, the god of this world has done well blinding humanity.
  • Sandy 2011/07/29 23:53:30
    None Of The Above...
    Sandy
    imagine there is no country... only Illuminati
  • yourmomchoselife 2011/07/29 23:41:40
  • MunchKin-x 2011/07/28 20:41:23
    Yes...
    MunchKin-x
    +2
    People kill each other over religion. And there is no need for that. Also, Some of the worse people I know have been religious.
  • holyher... MunchKin-x 2011/08/01 07:57:23
  • Brightsprite62 2011/07/28 13:50:42
    No...
    Brightsprite62
    The problem is people not religion.. they would just find something else to fight, war, invade and destroy over. People are inherently sinful. Believe it or not.. It doesn't make it any less true.
  • Emanon 2011/07/27 21:01:45
    No...
    Emanon
    +2
    As Aesop said... a tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny.

Look at Hitler... he used religion, nationality, race, politics.

If there was no religion, then that would just mean man would not have a book to base his bigotry on that would not mean that man's natural bigotry and want for superiority would go away.
  • holyher... Emanon 2011/08/01 07:55:40
  • Emanon holyher... 2011/08/01 18:21:03
    Emanon
    +1
    Cool man, I think of Aesop's quote when speaking of Pot and Stalin as well, who were atheists and did not look for religious justification for their tyrannic wants.
  • holyher... Emanon 2011/08/01 19:14:16
  • Emanon holyher... 2011/08/01 19:25:58 (edited)
    Emanon
    +1
    Precisely, there is not one case of mass killing for any doctrine of atheism. Since atheists have no doctrine, simply the disbelief in the deity ...pass that there is no way that we are told that we must act or be punished. Yet I do love how theists try and say Stalin, Pot and Mao killed all of those people for atheism.. when asked to prove it they say WELL THEY WERE ATHEIST!!!! strawman logic never works.
  • holyher... Emanon 2011/08/01 19:34:15
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... holyher... 2011/08/03 21:27:27
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    or it could just be this
    as a species humans think we are superior but we really are the most violent animal on the planet

the things we do each other is terrible beyond Words
    we Bombard our planet with raditation from testing nuclear bombs
    we pollute the Air and Water and Land with Waste and chemicals that harm the planets Ozone layer and kill anything we Deem isnt cute or Cuddly and kill what we consider to be Evil like Wolves even thou they serve a purpose in the Ecosytem oh protect bambi from the big bad wolf
    we destroy our own speices with hate and prejudice and claim its all in the name of GOD that this GOD wants us to do these things

No thanks me i stick to my tree hugging Sky clad Fairies and Honoring mother Earth
  • holyher... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2011/08/04 17:43:35
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... holyher... 2011/08/04 18:22:14
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    Religion originally was about nature and Fertility and the seasons and the mysteries we could not explain like the sun the moon the stars
    when God was a woman there was no wars

as soon as man made God a Man and wrote a book demanding others to obey we had wars and chaos and destruction
  • holyher... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2011/08/04 19:18:26
  • chief 00 2011/07/27 19:34:04
    Undecided...
    chief 00
    +1
    I do think if there wre ONE religion, the world would be a better place.
  • AARGH! chief 00 2011/07/28 01:06:17
  • chief 00 AARGH! 2011/07/28 13:31:08
    chief 00
    I don't know, but just one.
  • Doc. J 2011/07/27 19:09:41
    Yes...
    Doc. J
    +2
    At least it would be on it's way in that direction.
  • hayesml47 2011/07/27 15:57:31
    Undecided...
    hayesml47
    +2
    The world could be a much better place without religion as long as the level of a decent education was high enough. It is the lack of education/knowledge that allowed the religions to form in the first place.
  • Joe61 2011/07/27 15:52:42 (edited)
    No...
    Joe61
    +2
    Before there was Religion there was only tribalism.....Many politicians from both sides of the political chamber are engaged in the multicultural fraud –all chant the ‘we must support multiculturalism’ mantra –WHY? Has anyone even defined multiculturalism?

Multiculturalism – ‘maintaining a variety of ethnic cultures’ ie tribalism. People identify with their ethnic culture or tribe not with their country or nation resulting in national disunity and destruction of national identity and pride. There is no nation when there are no shared values and every tribe has its own separate legal system and there can be no effective government as government depends on shared values, a shared view of the nation and an adherence to national laws where all are equal under the law and subjected to the same laws. The focus should be the good of the whole nation, not the separate demands of tribes. Islam is a tribe that demands apartheid as it wants separate Islamic laws, separate space and special treatment across the board while still happily availing itself of the bounty of the nation. It has come to recreate an Islamic society on European, American, Canadian and Australian soil and this is a threat to all others. The term ‘multiculturalism’ is a cover-up for apartheid Islamic tribalism and ...

Multiculturalism – ‘maintaining a variety of ethnic cultures’ ie tribalism. People identify with their ethnic culture or tribe not with their country or nation resulting in national disunity and destruction of national identity and pride. There is no nation when there are no shared values and every tribe has its own separate legal system and there can be no effective government as government depends on shared values, a shared view of the nation and an adherence to national laws where all are equal under the law and subjected to the same laws. The focus should be the good of the whole nation, not the separate demands of tribes. Islam is a tribe that demands apartheid as it wants separate Islamic laws, separate space and special treatment across the board while still happily availing itself of the bounty of the nation. It has come to recreate an Islamic society on European, American, Canadian and Australian soil and this is a threat to all others. The term ‘multiculturalism’ is a cover-up for apartheid Islamic tribalism and the forced acceptance of Islamic alternatives and should be dropped from use immediately.

Multiculturalism is based on incorrect and absurd assumptions –
    1) all cultures have the same values --- NO, they don’t!
    2) if the values are different, they are equally worthy of respect – NO, they are NOT.
    3) cultures cannot be criticised -- YES they can

Cries for ‘Multiculturalism’ are closely linked to cries for ‘tolerance’ – of everything!
    This is what British novelist Dorothy Sayers pointed out about “Tolerance”: (British Writer, 1893-1957 –quote on internet)

‘In this world it is called Tolerance, but in hell it is called indifference, the sin that believes in nothing, cares for nothing, seeks to know nothing, interferes with nothing, enjoys nothing, hates nothing, finds purpose in nothing, lives for nothing, and remains alive because there is nothing for which it will die.
    If any viewpoint is equally as valid as any other, then no viewpoint has any meaning, and it matters not what any of us thinks, says, or does. This philosophy is truly satanic, and it is called nihilism.’

‘Indifference’ is simply ‘we don’t discriminate’ – and don’t our politicians on both sides of the political chamber, brag about how they ‘don’t discriminate.’ They should all be removed for they are a danger to us if they cannot ensure that those entering our repective countries will adhere to our laws, values, and open democracy. Our children’s future and safety depend on such ‘discrimination.’ Evidence throughout Europe and Nicolai Sennel’s findings on the mindset of Muslims all show the vast majority of Muslims cannot assimilate into our society. Suits and fancy hijabs hide attitudes to infidels, apostates and females and ideas of Islamic supremacy and rule that are unacceptable in the Modern World.

If we cannot criticise cultures and decide some values and associated practices are indeed better than others then we would not have been able to move forward to more humane societies
    as for before RELIGION there was tribalism.....and as the godless voices increase so thus the world will continue the slide into the mire of tribalism.

2014/10/01 14:19:01