I'm sorry but I'm going to pull this out. Love Thy neighbor as thyself!

☆Katharina☆ 2012/09/17 06:19:43
I'm getting tired of seeing post that are attacking people. Or groups. Can't we all remember what the Bible tells us. To Love Thy Neighbor as thyself?

It's in Mark 12:31

New International Version
(©1984)

The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

New Living Translation (©2007)
The second is equally important: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' No other commandment is greater than these."

English Standard Version (©2001)
The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"The second is this, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' There is no other commandment greater than these."

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

International Standard Version (©2008)
The second is this: 'You must love your neighbor as yourself.' No other commandment is greater than these."

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
“And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these.”

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
The second most important commandment is this: 'Love your neighbor as you love yourself.' No other commandment is greater than these."

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
And the second is like, namely this, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. There is no other commandment greater than these.

American King James Version
And the second is like, namely this, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

American Standard Version
The second is this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And the second is like to it: Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is no other commandment greater than these.

Darby Bible Translation
And a second like it is this: Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is not another commandment greater than these.

English Revised Version
The second is this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Webster's Bible Translation
And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself: there is no other commandment greater than these.

Weymouth New Testament
"The second is this: 'Thou shalt love thy fellow man as thou lovest thyself.' "Other Commandment greater than these there is none."

World English Bible
The second is like this, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these."

Young's Literal Translation
and the second is like it, this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself; -- greater than these there is no other command.'

Or what about these

Leviticus 19:18 "'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.

Mark 12:32 "Well said, teacher," the man replied. "You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him.

Read More: http://bible.cc/mark/12-31.htm

• Htcbm1 2012/09/18 04:22:55
    Htcbm1
    Thank you for reminding me! I do get carried away by the dark side at times !...
  • ✞Knight of Honor 2012/09/17 19:23:24 (edited)
    ✞Knight of Honor
    True, but don't forget that love sometimes requires us to stand up to evil and spread the wisdom of the Gospel.
  • TuringsChild 2012/09/17 18:50:18
    TuringsChild
    is it loving to wave and smile as your 'neighbor' goes driving off a destroyed bridge? We need to be civil in our discussions, but we cannot be expected to stay silent as people march to their own deaths.
  • Dryth 2012/09/17 15:12:30
    Dryth
    That is the golden rule. "do no harm to others"
    No matter what religion or culture you're a part of, that is the basis of ethical behavior (albeit some cultures make exceptions, but they are later viewed as unethical)
  • ☆Kathar... Dryth 2012/09/17 15:25:42
    ☆Katharina☆
    Yes. So why don't people do it?
  • Dryth ☆Kathar... 2012/09/17 15:32:11
    Dryth
    The more base animal instincts, particularly in those weak of will or mind, often overpower higher ethical reasoning, but really, as a species I think we're improving.
  • mizzSHADYgirl 2012/09/17 06:55:16
    mizzSHADYgirl
    Yeaaah buddy-and it was jesus who said it not god btw haha
  • ☆Kathar... mizzSHA... 2012/09/17 06:57:06
    ☆Katharina☆
    +1
    some would say that Jesus was God. After all He is His son.
  • mizzSHA... ☆Kathar... 2012/09/17 07:01:25
    mizzSHADYgirl
    Ok :p
  • ☆Kathar... mizzSHA... 2012/09/17 07:02:20
  • Stan Kapusta 2012/09/17 06:39:17
    Stan Kapusta
    I say I've run out of cheeks.
  • ☆Kathar... Stan Ka... 2012/09/17 06:50:08
    ☆Katharina☆
    Forgive seven time seventy
    Matthew 18:22
    New Living Translation (©2007)
    "No, not seven times," Jesus replied, "but seventy times seven!

Genesis 4:24 If Cain is avenged seven times, then Lamech seventy-seven times."
    Matthew 18:23 "Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants.
  • Stan Ka... ☆Kathar... 2012/09/17 07:01:30
    Stan Kapusta
    +1
    Katharina, I said I've run out of cheeks. The bible has all kinds of things that can be taken out of context and used against each other. ok you say Love thy neighbor...I say I did,got kicked in the rear too many times. Therefore ran out of checks. It's not happening. K? I've lived long enough to realize most people suck. Petty narsisstic greedy people. That's why I treasure my friends.
  • ☆Kathar... Stan Ka... 2012/09/17 07:05:56
    ☆Katharina☆
    +1
    I'm glad you treasure your friends it's just maybe I'm stupid at thinking this but I wish people would stop thinking about their own problems and start helping out one another. Instead of going towards an attack I wish people would go for a hug. I used the forgive because it's something I'm tiring to focus on in my personal life. You said checks it reminded me of turn the other check which reminded me about the forgive seven time seventy. And because I'm tired I didn't make it clear that it was dirceted at you only that it made me think of that.
  • Stan Ka... ☆Kathar... 2012/09/17 07:27:04
    Stan Kapusta
    +1
    Your a wonderful person. Don't lose that outlook. See your circumstances might be different as you get along in life. Mine didn't so it is what it is. Now this is what I do know from just a few words of yours. DON"T LOSE YOUR INNER BEAUTY IT"S A GIFT FEW POSSESS! Live Well.
  • ☆Kathar... Stan Ka... 2012/09/17 15:27:34
    ☆Katharina☆
    +1
    Thank you.
  • Chukroast 2012/09/17 06:31:53
    Chukroast
    +1
    It is true that's the biggie as far as the singular commandment that can be attributed to Jesus, but it's quite possible, and highly probable, that even those who love one another can have differences of opinion, and even show a bit of violence toward loved ones (or neighbors). That's what makes us thinking beings: we can see alternatives and embrace ones different from our neighbors. Would it be better to be like ants or bees, who seem to be programmed to follow slavishly without deviance? I think not.
  • ☆Kathar... Chukroast 2012/09/17 06:52:14
    ☆Katharina☆
    But I'm talking about being violent towards each other. That's not how God would want us to behave like. And if we truly love first than we wouldn't be violent.
  • Turings... ☆Kathar... 2012/09/17 18:55:10
    TuringsChild
    Unfortunately, Islam only sees Jesus as one minor prophet. And the Koran tells them that violence IS okay when acting on behalf of Allah. Apparently their god isn't powerful enough to take care of his own business and needs the help of his followers.

2014/11/01 02:03:40