I'm a white christian American, I carry a gun, I say Merry Christmas, and have a Christmas tree in my house. If you DON'T like it, you can kiss my behind....

krayzrick 2012/11/29 02:37:07

• elijahin24 2012/11/30 16:06:16
    I'll kiss your behind Rick...
    elijahin24
    +15
    I am an athelst. I don't hate Christians; in fact the majority of the people I love, ARE Christians. I celebrate Christmas, as a time to see family who live too far away to see often; and as a celebration of the MAN whose name is atached to a beautiful philosophy of love, and mercy and forgiveness, and tolerance.
    When I see my Christian friends, I wish them a merry Christmas, and many of them wish me the same. When I see my Jewish friends, I wish them a happy Chaunuka; and when I see my Pagan friends, I wish them a happy Yule, Solstice, Saturnalia, etc. I am not at all hostile to the word "Christmas".
    However, when I see posts like this one; I imediately get angry. Because when RICK says "Merry Christmas", he isn't offering a sincere greeting, or wishing you a plesant day on December 25th. He is testing you, to see if you pass his Shiboleth. To see if you qualify for his politeness. What angers me about this is not that he wants people to keep Christ in Christmas. It is that he wants people to keep the NAME of Christ in it, while he completely disregards the philosophy of the man whose name he blasphems.
    Can you imagine, in your wildest dreams, Jesus getting mad at someone for sincerely wishing him a happy holiday? I can't. The words "merry Christmas", convey kindness, and ...

Can you imagine, in your wildest dreams, Jesus getting mad at someone for sincerely wishing him a happy holiday? I can't. The words "merry Christmas", convey kindness, and hope, and love. But when used like this, they are a slap in the face. People like Rick, are like the Pharesees of the New Testament; who shout their prayers to the heavens "Lord THANK you for making me so much better than this lowly tax collector!!!".
    For you, Rick; Jesus isn't a teacher or an example of how to live. He is a status symbol. That that is incredibly sad. Because if you would follow the TEACHINGS of Jesus, rather than use his name to glorify yourself; maybe more of my fellow atheists, would have less hostility toward his name.
    I leave you with the words of Ghandi
    "I love your Christ. It is your Christians that I do not like. They are so unlike your Christ"

• Lydecho Rain (Лидия) 2012/12/26 20:49:48
    I like it Rick...
    Lydecho Rain (Лидия)
    +1
    I'm a white Russian atheist and I say merry Late Christmas I suppose. I
  • gfreeman BN-0 2012/12/05 21:34:21
    I like it Rick...
    gfreeman BN-0
    +3
    I'm a white atheist American, I've shot more guns than most people can name, I own guns, I say Happy Holidays AND have a holiday tree in my house. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, YOU CAN KISS MY ASS! I also brew beer and ride bicycles.
  • Thom Payne 2012/12/05 13:29:01
    I like it Rick...
    Thom Payne
    +4
    I am too. The difference is that I don't go around bragging about it and looking like a moron.
  • ☽✪☾Goddess~Worshiper☥ 2012/12/01 18:33:30
    I like it Rick...
    ☽✪☾Goddess~Worshiper☥
    +4
    I don't mind anyone's religion, ethnicity and so on. But I do have a question for you. If you had a neighbor move in next door and start putting pentagrams and altars up around their house, would you try to get them taken down?
  • krayzrick ☽✪☾Godd... 2012/12/03 21:01:33
    krayzrick
    +1
    I live in the woods. No neighbors...
  • Archer ... krayzrick 2012/12/06 00:33:40
    Archer ~ The Limit Break of PHAET
    +3
    The question was *IF* you had a neighbor.

Can you play pretend?
  • krayzrick Archer ... 2012/12/26 23:26:01
    krayzrick
    yeh....I'm gonna play like your sitting in my lap...
  • MlssCue =Go Blue= 2012/12/01 17:54:31
    I like it Rick...
    MlssCue =Go Blue=
    +4
    I'm a multi cultural American Christian who says Merry Christmas (not X-mas or Happy Holidays), I also put a Christmas tree up but I'm not Annie toting Oakley. Does that mean others should kiss my behind? Nah, it means nothing...just who and how I am.
  • Queen B MlssCue... 2012/12/06 00:12:27
    Queen B
    +2
    amen sister
  • MlssCue... Queen B 2012/12/06 04:15:45
    MlssCue =Go Blue=
    +1
    Thank you :-)
  • I~Fell~Down~A~Rabbithole 2012/12/01 07:56:15
    I like it Rick...
    I~Fell~Down~A~Rabbithole
    +4
    As long as you don't mind that I'm a mixed but dominantly white/European , non-religious, American who says Happy Holidays and couldn't care less if I had a Christmas tree or not.
  • ITALIAN CLICKER 2012/12/01 04:09:29
    I like it Rick...
    ITALIAN CLICKER
  • Barefoot Peace and Love∞ijm... 2012/12/01 03:52:51
    I like it Rick...
    Barefoot Peace and Love∞ijm♥☮♥∞
  • belle 2012/12/01 03:47:34
    I like it Rick...
    belle
    +4
    I just put up outside Christmas decorations today. I always say Merry Christmas and write it in my Christmas cards to family and friends.

merry christmas tree glittering graphjics
  • SmithBandit 2012/11/30 22:48:11
    I like it Rick...
    SmithBandit
    +3
    Sure do! and

smokes pot gun control
  • Doc Freeman BTO-T-TB~pwcmjla~ 2012/11/30 19:26:20 (edited)
    I like it Rick...
    Doc Freeman BTO-T-TB~pwcmjla~
    +3
    I also am a Christian and I do wish people Merry Christmas. If anyone is offend then I am sorry, but I too am entitled to my beliefs and holidays here in America the Home of the Free and the Brave. If you are an atheist then just ignore me no problem, or if your some other religion and don’t celebrate Christmas then ignore me, but at least realize I have rights also.
  • krayzrick Doc Fre... 2012/12/01 02:31:41
    krayzrick
    +2
    damn right...
  • Sweet-N-Sour 2012/11/30 18:48:43
    I like it Rick...
    Sweet-N-Sour
    +5
    I like it only because you have the right to say it, but I think you should have left off the "kiss my behind" part. I am a White, Christian American too and I also keep guns in my house and have a CCW and I am happy with my decision and my relationship with God through Christ. I actually don't care if anyone else likes it or not, they can go take it up with the Constitution if they don't. But I get your point, people need to know it is not okay to try and belittle you for your beliefs. It happens too frequently these sad days.
  • Autumnj... Sweet-N... 2012/12/01 01:20:44
    Autumnjuel.3388
    +2
    thank you thats what im saying i agree with you 100 percent..i guess the kiss my butt just made it sound rude..
  • krayzrick Autumnj... 2012/12/01 02:33:03
    krayzrick
    +2
    I used 'behind' as to not be so crude...
  • Ripley 2012/11/30 16:08:33
    I like it Rick...
    Ripley
    +3
    Merry Christmas to all!
  • krayzrick Ripley 2012/11/30 16:14:15
    krayzrick
    +3
    And a Happy New Year Ripley!
  • elijahin24 2012/11/30 16:06:16
    I'll kiss your behind Rick...
    elijahin24
    +15

I leave you with the words of Ghandi
  • Melicio... elijahin24 2012/11/30 17:09:51
    Melicious Kiss of PHAET
    +4
    Well said.
  • Sweet-N... elijahin24 2012/11/30 18:35:16
    Sweet-N-Sour
    +4
    I don't really think it was meant quite that way in my humble opinion. As a Christian myself I understand the frustration that comes from dealing with confrontational Atheists. If all Atheists were like you, there would be no reason for some Christians to be defensive. Just as we see people who are Pagan or Atheist get defensive against what you would call zealots. There are those of you who lump us all together and are offended by our very existence. As you pointed out, that is not the way to think since you love your Christian friends/family, and they love you. We are not perfect and Christianity is a growing and learning experience and not everyone gets to a state of enlightenment when they are baptized. (LOL!) Sometimes we say the wrong thing.
  • elijahin24 Sweet-N... 2012/11/30 18:59:53
    elijahin24
    +6
    Well, let's be clear, Sweet, there have always been zealots on all sides of the religious lines. Those of us who are NOT zealots can argue or debate, or simply discuss our differences; and even after a heated argument, we can still walk away as friends. This is because despite our difference of religion, we have other things on which to base our friendship.
    This post is HIGHLY confrontational. And the words that spark that confrontation are not "your God is evil" or "all atheists are going to hell". It's the well-wishing greeting "Happy holidays". There is no way to spin the title of this post, in which it is not confrontational. He's telling those who do not agree with him to kiss his ass. Is that what Christmas is supposed to be about? Is that what your savior wanted? WWJD?
  • HipJipC elijahin24 2012/11/30 22:31:10
    HipJipC
    +3
    Bravo!!
  • Autumnj... elijahin24 2012/12/01 01:31:11
    Autumnjuel.3388
    +2
    i appreciate this reply..
  • MlssCue... elijahin24 2012/12/01 17:58:45
    MlssCue =Go Blue=
    +4
    I absolutely love how you put this, thank you for such an insightful, honest perspective!
  • Chibi G... elijahin24 2012/12/01 18:37:01
    Chibi Guru Z
    +2
    Very well done.
  • Scream elijahin24 2012/12/02 04:29:25
    Scream
    +1
    You're amazing.
  • ocean t... elijahin24 2012/12/02 10:19:14
    ocean tamer
    +2
    Well done.
  • Archer ~ The Limit Break of... 2012/11/30 14:53:09
    I'll kiss your behind Rick...
    Archer ~ The Limit Break of PHAET
    +10
    Not really, like Melicious said.

I'm a white pagan American, I don't have the need for a gun so I don't carry but I don't begrudge someone the right to carry. I say 'happy holidays' because there are more than one being celebrated - even by christians (ever hear of the 12 days of Christmas? Ephiphany? Advent? Yeah.) and I'm not so arrogant as to force my beliefs on others. I have a pagan 'Christmas tree' (where do you think it came from?) that originally was part of the Yule festivities (and Saturnalia, and others) so I call it a Yule Tree. Because that's what it is.

I don't care what you call things. I don't care what you say.

But you certainly don't have the spirit of the Christian 'Christmas' in your heart if you feel the need to be a beligrant jerk about all of this, like you're currently being. And like the lady at Walmart was acting when I said 'Happy Holidays' to her (I couldn't tell from her cart what she was celebrating, as it was empty at the time - she was coming into the store) and she snapped back in a very nasty tone 'Merry CHRISTMAS' at me.

Your greeting should be positive. You're supposed to be celebrating and remembering 'peace on earth and goodwill to all' ... so why are you being so damned nasty about things? Why not just roll with it, not l...

Not really, like Melicious said.

Your greeting should be positive. You're supposed to be celebrating and remembering 'peace on earth and goodwill to all' ... so why are you being so damned nasty about things? Why not just roll with it, not let it bother you, celebrate as you want to and let others celebrate as they want to?

It's not "PC" to be considerate of others. It's just called 'not being a dick'.
  • krayzrick Archer ... 2012/11/30 15:25:18
    krayzrick
    +2
    "....when I said 'Happy Holidays' to her (I couldn't tell from her cart what she was celebrating, as it was empty at the time - she was coming into the store) and she snapped back in a very nasty tone 'Merry CHRISTMAS' at me."

So I am not alone in my ranting.

"Why not just roll with it,..."

If I just rolled with it, I'd be a friggen sheeple like the rest of you...
  • Archer ... krayzrick 2012/12/01 00:42:01
    Archer ~ The Limit Break of PHAET
    +8
    I've had to put up with "Merry Christmas" and have done so without complaint - until I see posts like yours.. Welcome to what it's like for minorities 100% of the time. Don't like it?

Neither do we.
  • krayzrick Archer ... 2012/12/01 02:35:02
    krayzrick
    +2
    get over it...you could have hit delete.
  • Archer ... krayzrick 2012/12/01 11:55:06
    Archer ~ The Limit Break of PHAET
    +4
    did you get over your own problems with the season? No?

You could have let it go.
  • krayzrick Archer ... 2012/12/03 21:03:38
    krayzrick
    My problem is with ding dong liberals, not the 'season'.
  • Archer ... krayzrick 2012/12/04 00:43:22
    Archer ~ The Limit Break of PHAET
    +3
    'ding dong liberals'? What, liberals are bells now?

By the way - I'm not a liberal. Just a moderate that actually has the sense to care about others in a season geared toward... *gasp* ... caring about others. Wow. Shocking, huh?

And you didn't get over your own issues, with liberals, the season, or whatever you want to call it.

Why should you feel you have the right to ask me to get over my issues with people who act like scrooges during this time of the year, when you can't get past your own? Hypocrite much?
  • Melicio... Archer ... 2012/11/30 17:09:34
    Melicious Kiss of PHAET
    +5
    Amen sistah. I love you.

2014/12/22 11:53:14