If your brother or sister moved in with his or her gay lover, would you have a problem sending your kids for a overnight stay?

My name is Michael 2012/09/18 12:33:37

I wouldn't but I have family member who is gay, the entire family knew this, but last year he moved in with his lover.

Before the move in, the kids were always spending the weekend with their uncle, but after the move in, the parents no longer allow their children to spend the night.

I hope people take the time to read all of the above and not just make their comment on the question title.

• Cleaver62 2012/09/18 21:20:47
    It would be okay with me
    Cleaver62
    +4
    Homosexuals are not child molesters. Child molesters are child molesters. And since you are born gay, seeing gay people together isn't going to turn anyone gay either.

• marty 2012/09/24 18:48:46
    It would be okay with me
    marty
    +1
    As long as the family member was okay before. If his/her lover seemed decent enough, then I don't see a problem.
  • ☆Katharina☆ 2012/09/21 16:36:36
    ☆Katharina☆
    +1
    Depends on if I like my brother's or sister's gay lover. If I can trust them then yes. If I can't than no. Just like anyone else. Though I don't have any children yet I will in the further.
  • mikeeonly 2012/09/21 16:33:33
    I would not let my kids spend the night
    mikeeonly
    no f'n way
  • Iamfree 2012/09/19 15:44:28
    I would not let my kids spend the night
    Iamfree
    My sister-in-law left her husband and moved in with a woman she met on the internet. I would not allow my daughter to spend the night there, not because I thought my sister-in-law or her lover would do harm to my daughter--I'm sure they would not--but because I believe their lifestyle to be wrong and I did not permit my daughter to stay overnight in the homes of people living in sin, whether they were hetero or homo.
  • FortunaVeritas 2012/09/19 05:26:54 (edited)
    FortunaVeritas
    +1
    I'm not really familiar with the idea of sending children to sleep overnight with an aunt or uncle. I'm not entirely comfortable with it, regardless of the sexuality of the aunt or uncle.
  • Waiting in the Wings 2012/09/19 05:19:32
    It would be okay with me
    Waiting in the Wings
    +2
    A person being gay doesn't mean he or she will sexually abuse my children. This is coming from an adult who was sexually abused as a kid by straight men.
  • My name... Waiting... 2012/09/19 10:50:50
    My name is Michael
    +1
    It's very hard to get that fact across , sorry that happen to you
  • Waiting... My name... 2012/09/19 13:41:21
    Waiting in the Wings
    +1
    Thanks. I wouldn't let my future kids sleep over at just anyone's house, gay or straight, but my sisters and my mom would be just as protective of them as I would be, just as I would go to hell and back for my niece and nephew. Adults assaulting kids has nothing to do with sexual orientation.
  • Cameleon 2012/09/19 05:17:26
    It would be okay with me
    Cameleon
    +2
    I have absolutely no issues with any gay relationships. Kids need to understand the diversity of humanity and that is one way to show them the love between people. It is healthy and normal.
  • Lizzy 2012/09/19 03:01:34
    I would not let my kids spend the night
    Lizzy
    I would not let my kids spend the night with my straight siblings never mind gays. The majority of people are`nt responsible enough to trust with your kids safety.
  • ryuu khan 2012/09/19 02:31:25
  • Cameleon ryuu khan 2012/09/19 05:18:37
    Cameleon
    yup, if you can't trust your brother, you probably can't trust anyone.
  • My name... Cameleon 2012/09/19 10:52:03
  • ryuu khan Cameleon 2012/09/19 18:48:51
    ryuu khan
    +1
    yep and my sister was gay but met a guy that changed it
  • Harley Squiggles the God \(... 2012/09/18 23:20:21
    I would not let my kids spend the night
    Harley Squiggles the God \(#o#)/
    +1
    And it has nothing to do with the gay lover thing. My sister doesn't like kids, so I wouldn't leave mine with her. :3
  • Cameleon Harley ... 2012/09/19 05:18:53
  • Ninja Cupcake 2012/09/18 23:17:43
    It would be okay with me
    Ninja Cupcake
    +2
    tht still my family!:P
  • Zepland 2012/09/18 22:33:58
    I would not let my kids spend the night
    Zepland
    I would have a huge problem with it as I see this as matter for the adult mind. Please, don't bother to insult me. I get to raise my kids. Peace.
  • My name... Zepland 2012/09/18 22:45:11
    My name is Michael
    I have no intentions of insulting you, raise your kids however you want..
  • sue Zepland 2012/09/18 23:18:35
    sue
    what do you tell the children when they see gay couples on TV or Holding hands in the Mall?
  • Zepland sue 2012/09/18 23:46:10
    Zepland
    +1
    It hasn't happened yet. When I was a child my parents didn't bother me with this issue and I'm doing the same. I am not going to condone or endorse it. I don't believe it's the natural order of creation. Probably because I am not gay. However, all people are precious and important in the world.
  • Cameleon Zepland 2012/09/19 05:20:57
    Cameleon
    Homosexual behavior is found in all species of animals on this planet, that is the natural order and always has been.
  • Cameleon Zepland 2012/09/19 05:19:56
    Cameleon
    I have problems with people who would treat family members with that kind of disrespect.
  • Billy the kid 2012/09/18 22:10:15
    I would not let my kids spend the night
    Billy the kid
    +2
    My brother or sister would be entitled to their beliefs as regards their 'gay' lifestyles-just as I am entitled to disagree with those beliefs.No child of mine would ever be allowed to stay with them-overnight- or otherwise.
  • Selene 2012/09/18 22:06:57
    I would not let my kids spend the night
    Selene
    I'd have a problem with it now bc my older bro believes in polygamy and often has 2 girlfriends at once...try explaining that to a child!
  • My name... Selene 2012/09/18 22:17:15
    My name is Michael
    It's hypothetical question for sodahead users, "what if your brother or sister were gay" your situation does not answer the question I posted
  • Cameleon Selene 2012/09/19 05:22:31
    Cameleon
    Having two girlfriends is not polygamy. Being married to two women is polygamy. Children are very accepting of many things, it is adults who are not.
  • morris44 2012/09/18 21:26:48
    It would be okay with me
    morris44
    +2
    a night off!
  • Cleaver62 2012/09/18 21:20:47
    It would be okay with me
    Cleaver62
    +4
  • My name... Cleaver62 2012/09/18 21:32:01
    My name is Michael
    I know
  • ☆Kathar... Cleaver62 2012/09/21 16:38:36
    ☆Katharina☆
    you are NOT born gay. You chose to be gay! look I have no problems with gay people but that is the one thing I know. You chose to be gay because God made a girl for every man. God created man.
  • My name... ☆Kathar... 2012/09/21 18:58:50 (edited)
    My name is Michael
    Was it God's plan for conjoined twins, babies to be born with no limbs or blind, to have both male and female organs? If those things happen why is so hard to believe people could be born and when older be attracted to only members of their own sex just as a straight person is attracted to only the opposite sex?
  • Cleaver62 My name... 2012/09/21 20:42:12
    Cleaver62
    Don't you know god has a reason for everything. He gets his jollies by torturing us. He is such a kind and wonderful god. He loves to see suffering,agony and pain.
  • Cleaver62 ☆Kathar... 2012/09/21 20:40:44
    Cleaver62
    +1
    You are born gay. And most of the research proves it. There is homosexuality in all animal species. If it was a choice, do you really think people would chose to be ostracized, and beaten and terrorized and made fun of all their lives. There is no god making anything so that part of your argument is just plain wrong. I think you need to look at the science of homosexuality before you make such a rash judgment.
  • My name... Cleaver62 2012/09/21 20:46:41 (edited)
    My name is Michael
    I agree, in some places people are imprisoned or even executed for being gay, It was illegal in probably every country on earth at one time or another, how could anyone believe they would choose that.
  • Cleaver62 My name... 2012/09/21 20:57:17
    Cleaver62
    I believe Katharina is very young and also list herself as Christian conservative. I think she may have already been brainwashed by the church into believing what they say about homosexuality. It is a shame that at such a young age she has already closed her mind to scientific reality and has instead put her faith in the mystical magical invisible man in the sky.
  • My name... Cleaver62 2012/09/21 21:01:44 (edited)
    My name is Michael
    I know, that's the problem with religion,IMO "if it's written" it must be true for some people and almost impossible for them to consider, maybe it's not .
  • deogracias My name... 2013/07/03 00:31:09
    deogracias
    +3
    The reason people believe is because of convincing, historically documented happenings... Do you believe nothing in history that has been written? Are you a revisionist who thinks the Holocaust never really happened? I don't understand how you can dismiss a belief just because it is based on written evidence--eyewitness events, even! There are enough accounts of the Jesus story to render it credible. Or are you a descendant of the Roman soldiers guarding Jesus' tomb, who got paid off to circulate a lie among the Jews that the body was stolen? All of this is documented and completely corroborated as to ensure credibility. Just because you haven't experienced faith doesn't mean it is brainwashing.
  • My name... deogracias 2013/07/13 01:20:19
    My name is Michael
    I don;t consider the bible as having historical facts, of course I believe many things that are written, just not holy books, if you do, my point is made and nothing I can do or say to change your mind.
  • deogracias My name... 2013/07/17 14:58:22
    deogracias
    I was responding to the ideas above that Bible-believers don't believe science and reality, or that they only believe in God(Mystical, magical man) because it "is written and therefore true".
    Secular history, the reports of eyewitnesses, corroborate many many facts of the New Testament. Whether you believe they are due to something spiritual or coincidental is a matter of belief, I suppose. Holocaust revisionists actually believe that Hitler wasn't all that bad, or that it didn't really happen, despite the reports! So,despite the reports, many did not and do not believe that the things in the New testament happened. Or, they attribute them to some sort of coincidence, as opposed to something supernatural(meaning, beyond our nature to create or comprehend) Even in recent history, there have been scientific proofs of supernatural Christian beliefs, written about and photographed so that people would know that the mystical and magical is actually real. Google "Eucharistic miracles" to see what I am talking about. Whether you believe it or not is always a matter of personal choice or faith. There is a NY Times bestseller out now about a neurosurgeon who had no faith in the Bible or the afterlife--he thought they were like figments of the imagination-- until he himself had a d...
    Secular history, the reports of eyewitnesses, corroborate many many facts of the New Testament. Whether you believe they are due to something spiritual or coincidental is a matter of belief, I suppose. Holocaust revisionists actually believe that Hitler wasn't all that bad, or that it didn't really happen, despite the reports! So,despite the reports, many did not and do not believe that the things in the New testament happened. Or, they attribute them to some sort of coincidence, as opposed to something supernatural(meaning, beyond our nature to create or comprehend) Even in recent history, there have been scientific proofs of supernatural Christian beliefs, written about and photographed so that people would know that the mystical and magical is actually real. Google "Eucharistic miracles" to see what I am talking about. Whether you believe it or not is always a matter of personal choice or faith. There is a NY Times bestseller out now about a neurosurgeon who had no faith in the Bible or the afterlife--he thought they were like figments of the imagination-- until he himself had a death experience and realized that the supernatural was real. He lives an entirely different person now. You could say he is a believer, but he no longer needs to believe--it really happened to him. So with faith. When it happens to you, you become a believer in the world that you had written off.
    ANyway, sorry. I got off topic, as this started with how we feel about the gay lifestyle as it relates to our young kids.

2014/12/22 14:56:30