If you were offered Medicinal marijuana by your doctor for pain and or anxiety, would you acccept it? (not a poll for regular pot users)

. 2007/10/24 04:38:13

• chilton~T~ 2007/10/24 04:50:19
    chilton~T~
    +24
    In a heartbeat!
    Oh..um...I mean if my MD thought it was the proper treatment and weighing all risks......
    You betcha!

• hunt16 2009/03/17 20:30:36
    hunt16

hell yes "Marijuana does not appear to be a gateway drug to the extent that it is the cause or even that it the most significant predictor pf serious drug abuse; that is, care must be taken not to attribute cause to association": Institute of Medicine, in a 1999 National Academy of Sciences report called "Marijuana as Medicine: Assessing the Science Base

"If cannabis were unknown and bioprospectors were suddenly to find it in some remote mountain crevice, its discovery would not doubt be hailed as a medical breakthrough.Scientists would praise its potential for treating everything from pain to cancer, and marvel at its rich pharmacopeia many of whose chemicals mimic vital molecules in the human body." : The Economist, April 27,2006

"Overall, by comparison with other drugs used mainly for "recreational" purposes, cannabis could be rated to be a relatively safe drug... In contrast, cannabis might have beneficial effects in some medical indications... It seems likely that medical cannabis will re-enter the pharmacopeia": Leslie Iversen, pharmacologist at Oxford University and member of the British government's Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs, "Long-term effects of exposure to cannabis," Current Opinion in Pharmacology,2005

council misuse drugs long-term effects exposure cannabis current opinion pharmacology2005
  • firebirdguns 2009/03/17 13:55:38
    firebirdguns
    I dont understand how tobacco, and all kinds of booze can be legal and then they make pot against the law somebody is getting their pockets padded.
  • Shane 2009/03/16 23:35:18
    Shane
    Why not use alcohol as pain medication instead of pot? Both have the same outcome, just one is legal.
  • . 2009/03/16 18:45:31
    .
    Well.....I am a picky person and I would have to ask what brand is like homegrown, Maui wowi, ghanja, black african,acapulco red/gold, blac gungi,red hair sinsemila...you know?

Things of that nature, one can't be to sure of what is good and not good so it's best to make an informed decision. Also you have to watch out for imposter weed like tea leaves and wild parsley.

I saw an episode of Sanford and Son on wild parsley, but it was the wrong parsley in the salad bowl. That salad sure made everyone hungry for some reason. Hmmmm? wild parsley wrong parsley salad bowl salad hungry reason hmmmm
  • Joyfromky 2009/03/16 08:16:12
    Joyfromky
    But, only if the dr thought it was the only thing to help me and I lived in a state where it was legal...I take strong pain pills (Vicodin) and I dont like taking them either...many years ago I tried it and I felt very, very paranoid and didnt like the out of control feeling...part of the paranoria was due to it being illegal..that may go away if I was doing it llegal...I dont think I ever have to worry abt having to make this choice because I have copd and doubt the dr would prescribe for me..
  • theroamingcrow 2008/11/21 17:27:06
    theroamingcrow
    Where do I sign up???? God I miss those younger days............
  • nomorerepukes 2008/09/23 19:20:27
  • DirtyMartiniOlive 2008/06/25 17:40:32
    DirtyMartiniOlive
    I sleep awesome with it!! Hellz yeah!
  • Selkie 2008/04/03 11:16:48
    Selkie
    Although I have asthma & cannot smoke, I guess I would either have to eat a lot of brownies :-) or make some speacial tea.
    When my brother was dying of brain cancer his doctor offered him THC (the active ingredient in MJ) to ease the pain & the effects of chemo. He had recently become a very strong Christian & felt that it would be immoral, so he refused. The THC would have helped him immensely & I was so sorry he didn't take advantage of the offer. I absolutely would.
  • smokin bastard 2008/03/08 21:38:55
    smokin bastard
    yeah yeah, bon bon, I know you told me to stay away but I couldnt help it...

I would and have a family member on it, she enjoys it becase it makes he not as "sluggish" as lortabs or other perscribed pills...
  • Ed© 2008/03/08 19:07:58
    Ed©
    WHAT IS MORPHINE!
  • MuzikallyMizz 2008/03/04 21:45:07
    MuzikallyMizz
    If it's the only thing,yes.I wouldn't take advantage of it,though.
  • nltsierra 2008/02/24 04:08:17
    nltsierra
    +1
    I don't see the harm in medicinal pot use, or really any pot use. Someone who is ill and pot will help I think they should go for it.
  • jeff 2008/02/23 01:36:41
  • Darling of Ville 2008/02/10 10:14:19
    Darling of Ville
    Nope, not at all.
  • SueBee 2008/02/09 05:59:37
    SueBee
    +1
    Better than DR dope!
  • Tannerz 2008/02/08 18:21:06
    Tannerz
    +1
    In a NY minute
  • mom2hnh~CSI Beaver~GUNNS 2008/01/12 18:40:30
    mom2hnh~CSI Beaver~GUNNS
    I don't likethe way pot makes me feel. I'm too out of control and can't keep up with time or what's going on around me. Maybe if I didn't have anything else to do, like work, drive, take care of my kids and I could sit around playing on SH I might change my mind.
  • KITTYMCR 2007/12/17 20:16:39
    KITTYMCR
    +1
    MY FRIEND AND I HAD TO GO OUT AND FIND MARY J. FOR HER MOTHER WHO WAS DIAGNOSED WITH BREAST CANCER....IT WAS THE ONLY WAY SHE COULD EAT...AND IT WORKED....
  • Sweet Talker 2007/12/14 22:10:43
    Sweet Talker
    +1
    Hell yea but im a pot-head so i dont count LMAO
  • beano 2007/11/08 21:58:05
    beano
    +1
    I would reather have something natural...........plus I could "inhale" this time...............heheheh
  • IrishMarcia 2007/11/02 22:33:43
    IrishMarcia
    YES!! I think medical marijuana is a good idea. My husband uses it for his disabled leg and it helps him quite a deal. He's tried narcotics and they only make him sick . So if my Doctor recommended I would give it a try.
  • mk 2007/11/01 21:34:08
    mk
    +2
    fuck yeah cause i'm inthe military, they wouldn't let me do it other wise
  • summer 2007/11/01 19:37:37
    summer
    +1
    it helps me when i am not feeling so well.
  • TWiiNKiiE of JUSTICE 2007/11/01 19:11:43
    TWiiNKiiE of JUSTICE
    no there should not be medical marijuana.Its just an exuse 2 get your fix.
    POTHEADS!!!!LOL
  • BoyOfTheEnders 2007/10/31 16:25:25
    BoyOfTheEnders
    +2
    I'd be like... I'm sure its a lot more dank than what I got at home doc!

Were did you get that tasty picture? ....... oh I mean... ummm...
  • khova 2007/10/29 22:21:27
    khova
    +1
    for the pain and only if there's no other way to feel better...
  • Skyla 2007/10/29 04:04:42
    Skyla
    No I wouldn't.
    I'm trying to keep my brain cells :P
  • Haron Daddy 2007/10/29 01:58:09
    Haron Daddy
    +1
    If i had pain or anxiety then I would accept it from a doctor. I would rather have something grown from the earth that has been used for hundreds of years then something man made in a lab. Then again scientists do know the medical purposes of THC because they developed a synthetic "marijuana" pill called MARINOL>>> http://www.marinol.com/. But I wouldnt smoke it either cause that is going to cause respitory problems (cancer) from all the carcinegeons that burned marijuana produces. I would either extract the THC for cooking or I would vaporize.
  • Tazmin 2007/10/28 23:36:32
    Tazmin
    Doctors get paid to diagnose and help find cures not band-aid solutions. If a patient is in pain or anxious the doctor should try to get to the root of the problem and help the individual overcome these issues without resulting to meds and definitely not marijuana.
  • Haron D... Tazmin 2007/10/29 02:02:32
    Haron Daddy
    Great Answer! I agree 100%. But as you know most doctors take the "band-aid solutions" and almost always prescribe medication to their patients. They also get pay backs for recomending drugs from pharmecutical companies.
  • YankeeInMS 2007/10/28 23:19:02
    YankeeInMS
    +1
    I've known too many friends and family who have been in pain and nausia from chemo who would have been helped by marijuana.
  • xxClownsAreEvilxx 2007/10/28 22:59:28
    xxClownsAreEvilxx
    no i would like to keep what little brain cells i have
  • DEEP xxClown... 2007/10/28 23:15:42
  • Haron D... xxClown... 2007/10/29 02:06:17
    Haron Daddy
    Where do you get the information that marijuana or THC causes brain cell damage? I have never seen an independent study stating that THC causes brain damage. I believe this is a myth more than a fact. Hey, doesnt drinking alcohol cause brain damage as well, that's legal?
  • xxClown... Haron D... 2007/10/29 05:46:10
    xxClownsAreEvilxx
    +1
    yes but i dont drink
  • Sandy 2007/10/28 18:14:22
    Sandy
    +3
    Definitely! I believe in the medicinal effects of marijuana. There is overwhelming evidence of the positive benefits to cancer patients and others who suffer from different diseases. I do not believe that it is a "gateway" drug, leading to harder drugs.
    It should be legalized anyway. There are too many people in prison for possession of marijuana, a relatively harmless substance. Make it legal, and allow people to grow enough for their own use. It would kill the street market for it.
  • mk, Smartass Oracle 2007/10/28 16:31:01
  • Haron D... mk, Sma... 2007/10/29 02:06:48
  • Emily MCRmy [FTDM!!!!] 2007/10/28 04:10:22
    Emily MCRmy [FTDM!!!!]
    +1
    But only if it was needed.

2014/11/28 21:36:58