If you were considerably wealthy, would you live like you were rich?

Yep! After all, you only live once, right?
No way! I wouldn't want to spend my money like that.
By that, I mean would you buy expensive things, live in a huge mansion, have two (or ten) really nice cars, etc.? I'm just asking out of curiosity. I don't mean anything ill by it. :)

• Jehnyhal~ Hope Not Hate~the... 2010/03/06 01:24:39
    Jehnyhal~ Hope Not Hate~the Renaissance Women of PHAET
    +5
    Something really doesn't appeal about that kind of lifestyle. Just...the idea of excess like that is a ridiculous concept to me...I don't quite know how I'd live, but I do know that I don't feel that I'm missing out on too much.

• BattleBunnys 2010/05/11 01:12:55
    BattleBunnys
    +1
    I would never want to live in a grand mansion because that would mean that I would need occupants to fill up the mansion, and for the most part in real life, I don't like people, save a few certain somebodies... I'm not impressed by boats or cars or planes as long as they get me there... I'd just like a nice little nest egg to live upon people save somebodies impressed boats cars planes nest egg live
  • BYE BYE FOREVER 2010/04/11 08:15:09 (edited)
    BYE BYE FOREVER
    +1
    Mabe i wolud Buy my self a whole bunch of my chemical romance stuff and Hello kitty Junk or a ticket to My Chemical Romance concert XD
  • TeardropsOfBlood4The1iiLove♥ 2010/04/08 16:29:44
    TeardropsOfBlood4The1iiLove♥
    +1
    Id spend all my money on music, clothes and piercings :)
  • Marlicat 2010/03/18 19:38:24
    Marlicat
    +1
    I like nice stuff. Mostly I just don't like people. But I'd buy what I liked. HUGE mansion? I might eventually, if I had a bunch of friends and family to stay in there with me, but I'd start out small and keep to my tastes-- nothing too extravagant.
  • Aubbles the Dorkocent one o... 2010/03/09 06:15:22
    Aubbles the Dorkocent one of PHAET
    +1
    I would buy some things but more than likely spend a lot on my friends and family.
  • Bad Angel 2010/03/07 12:57:48
    Bad Angel
    +1
    I would definitely buy a few things to make my life easier, but no I wouldn't have a mansion, I would pay off my home, and bills, things like that...Help my kids a little and try to invest wisely to ensure that it would last. I would help some people who were really struggling...
  • tammerz/zɹǝɯɯɐʇ 2010/03/06 23:32:31
    tammerz/zɹǝɯɯɐʇ
    +1
    Let's just say I'm more comfortable in Taco Bell than Chateau Escargot... :p

If I were wealthy, I'd like to have a large bathroom and a nice car. I don't need to have a super nice house or anything. I'd probably still clip coupons and shop at Wal-Mart.
  • Nick~believe ^MOTOOP^ 2010/03/06 20:20:51
    Nick~believe ^MOTOOP^
    +2
    I don't think I'd be comfortable that way. I'd make sure my family were cared for and perhaps have a BMW, but otherwise, I don't think things would change for me.
  • conservyT 2010/03/06 13:29:12
    conservyT
    +2
    I would buy things that I Need and pay off my house, but I wouldn’t live an extravagant life. I have children and I would not want to ruin their lives with meaningless material wealth; my husband and I have worked too hard to maintain our kids grounded.
  • Daniel 2010/03/06 11:30:19
    Daniel
    +1
    Wealth is who we are not what we have. Wealth is about how much greed you have, not about how much money.

If I ate two burgers and I was full, and you ate one and you were full, who's fuller?

It's about who's hungrier.
    +2
    I would take care of my responsibilities first, THEN have some fun.
  • skull 2010/03/06 06:13:34
    skull
    +2
    I would do me . lol.. I am a simple man . Travel see the world and learn , because I know knowlege is the true jewel.
  • L T 2010/03/06 05:05:10
    L T
    +1
    I would build my dream home then help my parents out. My mother has COPD and is in the hospital quite often, the insurance company just recently raised their rates so I'm sure they are just barely making it. I would also help my daughter so she could have more time off work to spend with her kids. I'm sue there are other things but, I wouldn't run willy-nilly spending it on everything in sight.
  • Ghostlyhaunt 2010/03/06 04:56:41
    Ghostlyhaunt
    +1
    No way.. I would tax shelter my wealth then buy the ugliest place on the block to live in. Just to keep the gold diggers from knocking..
  • Toodleloo SodaHead 2010/03/06 04:49:11
    Toodleloo SodaHead
    +2
    I'd pay off everything that needs to be paid off. That way my parents won't have to worry about all of those constant bills. Though I would get a little Laptop for myself, hee hee!

I wouldn't go on shopping sprees if I did have the money. Just get the things I usually get. There wouldn't be much of a difference =D
  • FencerCat 2010/03/06 04:23:32
    FencerCat
    +2
    I'd probably live in a slightly nicer house than I do now (maybe a vic with a basement and a garage...but I'm not into cars, so the one I have is fine. Okay, maybe if I had a bigger room to put it in I'd have a baby grand piano instead of an upright...but otherwise I pretty much have what I need. Maybe I would take more vacations. One thing I would NEVER do is go around acting like some important sob and ask people who don't give me my way if they know who I am... I've seen people do this and I want to stick a pin in their balloon.
  • Lily 2010/03/06 04:04:41
    Lily
    +1
    I would vacation, go back for my Ph.D and set up trust funds for the younger members of my family (nieces and nephews..etc.). I wouldn't get carried away. I make sure the following generations have a decent start and money for a decent education. =) members family nieces nephews carried generations decent money decent education
  • Tara 2010/03/06 03:47:32
    Tara
    +1
    Nope... I would buy a bigger house with a bigger yard that was fenced for my dogs and I would buy my husband and myself each a brand new car, some new furniture just because ours is really old. And the rest I would just put in the bank and use it to make sure my bills were always paid on time and there was always food we wanted in the kitchen.
  • Shawna 2010/03/06 03:43:34
    Shawna
    +1
    I like quality so it would be nice to be able to afford the best, but I'm not necessarily interested in owning more. I would want to be able to donate money to very worthy causes as well.
  • ctrlzmankind 2010/03/06 03:34:43
    ctrlzmankind
    +1
    If i gained a mass amount of money as I am right now, with all my morals and values, I would not be an eccentric dick with my money.

If i was raised rich, I would be a different person, so I would buy useless things and not appreciate them with my money.
  • Marlicat ctrlzma... 2010/03/18 19:41:32
    Marlicat
    +1
    You shouldn't stereotype rich people. Every rich person doesn't live in extreme extravagance and jerk off all the time.
  • ctrlzma... Marlicat 2010/03/18 23:50:10
    ctrlzmankind
    Yeah, but I would say that every rich person I have met is an unnapreciative money-pig who thinks they are better than you because they have money and you don't.

I am not stereotyping, they are claims based on my own observation.
  • Marlicat ctrlzma... 2010/03/20 00:41:27
    Marlicat
    That would be generalization, then. Slightly better. Yes, I have met people like that before, as well. They are... quite annoying.
  • ctrlzma... Marlicat 2010/03/20 00:42:40
  • Marlicat ctrlzma... 2010/03/20 01:16:36 (edited)
    Marlicat
    Call one a plebeian. Depending on his or her history education, he or she most likely won't know what it means.

It's not a fitting insult, but it sounds like some sort of snot defect. Patrician just sounds like a name.
  • ctrlzma... Marlicat 2010/03/20 01:18:47
    ctrlzmankind
    +1
    I have never even seen the word plebeian till just now.

what is it?
  • Marlicat ctrlzma... 2010/03/20 01:31:46
    Marlicat
    Plebeians were the Roman commoners way back when. Nowadays, it can be used as an insult meaning someone... well, common. Someone who is common as dirt and just as bland. Patricians were the Ancient Roman nobility. Now it means snob. The kind of people I'm thinking of, however, are a vile little concoction consisting of plebeian commonness and patrician snobbishness. So I choose plebeian because it sounds more insulting.
  • ctrlzma... Marlicat 2010/03/20 01:34:04
    ctrlzmankind
    +1
    Yeah.
    It does.
  • Marlicat ctrlzma... 2010/03/20 01:56:57
    Marlicat
    :D
    Use it well.
  • ctrlzma... Marlicat 2010/03/20 01:58:03
  • LMWolf 2010/03/06 03:28:55
    LMWolf
    +1
    I would live comfortably Yes, but I am extremely frugal when push comes to pull. I just believe with money you should keep re-investing and doing things with it to produce more so it's not just sitting in your bank account, especially for the idiots who spend millions on houses and what not and blow all their money. Yeah you might have a multi-million dollar house but it's not so nice when you don't have heat or electric!
  • lemonesque 2010/03/06 03:17:57
  • SamTheSlayer [Codename: Duc... 2010/03/06 02:33:20
    SamTheSlayer [Codename: Duchess]
    +2
    I'd of course have a few luxury items; a decent-sized house, a nice car, so on. But I would spend more if it on things I would randomly want or need and vacations with friends and to pay off school, and give some to charities.
    I'm definitely not about spending hundreds on sunglasses, especially since I lose them all the time....
  • Princess Zelda 2010/03/06 02:32:05
    Princess Zelda
    +1
    No, I would have my splurging moments every now and then though.
  • Raindropkitten™~the author ... 2010/03/06 02:23:33 (edited)
    Raindropkitten™~the author of þhαετ~
    +3
    If I was to ever suddenly become rich I already know I probably wouldn't look as if I were rich but would spend quiet a bit. I'd travel a lot and I'm a shopping addict as it is but I know that I'd never go crazy, crazy with the money. I think it's ridiculous to spend over 100 dollar on a pair of jeans so even if I had the money I'd be fine with my 25 dollar jeans from the mall. And I'd have a nice house but nothing too big. I'd want a nice farm house with a large yard. Something simple. Ten cars, no. Three would be enough for me. One for my boyfriend, one for me and then a family/travel car.

Though, I know I'd spoil the crap out of my friends. Lol
  • King Anti-Christ 666 2010/03/06 02:10:15
  • Gir Fan #1 (Demetrius) 2010/03/06 01:59:19
    Gir Fan #1 (Demetrius)
    +2
    Less is more, they always say. I would buy an average house out in the country with a giant grass field for a backyard. I'd live a mile from the nearest town and have no neighbors. There'd by electricity and a lot of technology in the house, but nothing really expensive.

Yes. I'd live there.
  • dreamwr... Gir Fan... 2010/03/06 02:01:26
    dreamwriter12 ✲the librarian of ρнaεt✲ in grammar I trust
    +1
    That sounds awesome. :)
  • Gir Fan... dreamwr... 2010/03/06 02:40:23
    Gir Fan #1 (Demetrius)
    +1
    It's my dream house. Not expensive, but homely.
    dream house expensive homely
  • Eric ~ The Logician 2010/03/06 01:53:49
    Eric ~ The Logician
    +4
    I would definitely give a lot of it away. And I mean a lot. The things you own end up owning you.

2014/07/23 14:02:26