If you have had your wisdom teeth surgically removed, How was it?

~daffodilmommyof3~McCain/Palin 2008/06/06 21:50:29
OUCH (please comment)
6 votes
33%
It was alright ( please comment)
6 votes
33%
It was a breeze (please comment)
1 vote
6%
Never had mine out so I can't help you.
5 votes
28%
I have to have two wisdom teeth removed surgically next friday and I HATE anything to do with surgery and being put under. At the same time the pain is so horrible already that it might come as a relief.

Question Closed

• kayla 2008/06/06 22:22:31
    It was alright ( please comment)
    kayla
    +4
    It wasn't too bad. They had me count backward from 100 and I think I only got to 97 before I was out lol I was knocked out for hours after the surgery. I bled a little longer than I should have...well, by like 4 hours...but it really wasn't too bad. The Vicoden didn't work for me, so I had to use different pain killers. It was definitely a relief to get them out though, well worth it. Good luck! :)

• meowomon 2008/07/03 10:49:19
    It was alright ( please comment)
    meowomon
    +1
    DO NOT EAT UNTIL THE DOCTOR SAYS YOU CAN!

Yoghurt and icecream and pudding and room temp soups for a while.

I was stupid and ate the next day. I bled and got dry socket. PAIN. I had all four impacted teeth rmoved at one time.

Ice it down until your little cheeks are too cold. Keep ice on each side. Try to avoid motrin or aspirin products. You might bleed. Take your temp every once in a while the first 48 hours.

Good luck.
  • SoSoSugar 2008/07/03 10:12:06 (edited)
    OUCH (please comment)
    SoSoSugar
    +1
    It was HELL and still is HELL. I got them taken out when i was 18 i am now 22 and have major jaw problems. Basically the dr dislocated my jaw joints. And ive had to have jaw surgery on both sides, and will have to again..and probably again after that and may for the rest of my life. And...insurance does not pay for that...so the dr basically messed up my jaw for life.....TMD is not a fun thing to have.
    Having my wisdom teeth removed was one of the biggest mistakes ive made and has really made my life just a tad bit worse than it already is!! haha.
    And no i couldnt get a lawsuit because i had NO PROOF even though i walked in fine and walked out with a broken jaw. Life is grand!
    Just make sure you find a good DR!
  • TheSara. 2008/06/17 23:12:43
    Never had mine out so I can't help you.
    TheSara.
    +1
    I gotta get mine out too soon.

How was it for you?
  • ~daffod... TheSara. 2008/06/18 01:40:23
    ~daffodilmommyof3~McCain/Palin
    +1
    I haven't had em out yet. I was supposed to last friday but then the doctor called on Thursday and said he had to reschedule because he got called out of town on emergency. I have it scheduled for this coming Friday. Im nervous but I just want them out so bad! lol
  • TheSara. ~daffod... 2008/06/18 03:17:07
    TheSara.
    +1
    I want mine out too.

I can't wait.

I'm up for the pain :D
  • ~daffod... TheSara. 2008/06/20 22:17:15
    ~daffodilmommyof3~McCain/Palin
    +1
    So I just had them out this morning like 7 hours ago and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. less pain, less bleeding. I guess i will see how I feel tomorrow when Im supposed to get a tight jaw and swelling. :)
  • TheSara. ~daffod... 2008/06/21 14:33:54
    TheSara.
    +1
    hehe :)
  • Carol N... ~daffod... 2008/07/17 03:49:09
    Carol Nobama
    Sorry, I am really late in replying. I had them out and was terrified for nothing. The doctor was great. Good to hear yours went O.K.
  • Violet 2008/06/17 05:56:50
    It was alright ( please comment)
    Violet
    +1
    No problems, just some soreness. I was tent camping two days later.
  • ~daffod... Violet 2008/06/17 19:33:07
    ~daffodilmommyof3~McCain/Palin
    ooo I hope Im as lucky. Thanks for sharing.
  • Rileymo 2008/06/17 00:50:42 (edited)
    OUCH (please comment)
    Rileymo
    +1
    Mine got impacted and I got lock jaw because waited too long, then Wed night before Thanksgiving I needed an emergency surgery and had to have my turkey pureed!
    IT SUCKED!!!!
  • ~daffod... Rileymo 2008/06/17 01:10:15
    ~daffodilmommyof3~McCain/Palin
    +1
    Oh man that does suck. I am getting mine done on friday. My birthday id in two weeks and my moms throwing me a huge BBQ and I want to be able to eat. lol hopefully I will.
  • Rileymo ~daffod... 2008/06/17 01:14:18 (edited)
    Rileymo
    +2
    You'll be fine as long as your not a stubborn mule like me. You get ice cream shakes and custard and attention and in 2 days your perfect~
    HAPPY B-DAY!!!
    ice cream shakes custard attention adn 2 days happy b-day
  • ~daffod... Rileymo 2008/06/17 01:16:36
    ~daffodilmommyof3~McCain/Palin
    +1
    MMM I love shakes. Thank you! :)
  • Alicia 2008/06/16 23:54:38
    It was alright ( please comment)
    Alicia
    +1
    funny you should ask.. i just had all 4 of mine taken out 2 Saturdays ago... it really wasn't as bad as i thought..i mean..it was kind of uncomfortable because of the swelling and stuff but i had pain medicine and as long as i took it..i really didn't feel much pain at all. i mean..it wasn't a totally wonderful experience but it wasn't as bad as i thought either..
  • ~daffod... Alicia 2008/06/17 00:04:43
    ~daffodilmommyof3~McCain/Palin
    +1
    Thank you for sharing your experience.
  • Alicia ~daffod... 2008/06/18 02:12:07
    Alicia
    +1
    no problem.
    good luck :)
  • Alphalily 2008/06/16 19:44:22
    OUCH (please comment)
    Alphalily
    +1
    I was lucky mine never even grew in.,but my sister had to have all four of hers cut out and she suffered. Since you are already in pain , I will keep you in my prayers , Best wishes , everything will be better after you get it over and done with.
  • ~daffod... Alphalily 2008/06/16 20:05:59
    ~daffodilmommyof3~McCain/Palin
    Thank you so much.
  • SAM 2008/06/16 17:17:39
    Never had mine out so I can't help you.
    SAM
    +1
    Oh my God... I need mine out ASAP... they hurt so much and started coming out 2 days ago
  • ~daffod... SAM 2008/06/16 20:06:33
    ~daffodilmommyof3~McCain/Palin
    Its the worst pain huh? They have me on high strenth pain meds and they dont always work. I cant wait to have the surgery.
  • Crystal 2008/06/08 01:37:20
    Never had mine out so I can't help you.
    Crystal
    +1
    Never had mine taken out. Luckily only the top two came in and I had enough room in my mouth to keep them. My bottom two wisdom teeth never came in and my dentist told me I wouldn't have to worry about ever getting them. On the other hand, my twin sis, had to have all four removed. she had to get them taken out and didn't have a good experience. She took hydrocodiene and got dry socket and was very painful for her. Her face swelled a little. I have heard of people who have had good experiences with getting the wisdom teeth taken out. Someone once told me that if you get your wisdom teeth taken out on the days of a full moon... it will be pain free and it wont be that bad. Don't know if it's true, but if you get yours taken out on those days and it's true... let me know.. I would be interested to know if it turned out good for you :D
  • ~daffod... Crystal 2008/06/08 01:38:47
    ~daffodilmommyof3~McCain/Palin
    +1
    lol ok i will I am getting them out next friday I do not know how that falls.
  • Crystal ~daffod... 2008/06/08 01:42:18
    Crystal
    +1
    good luck :D
  • IzzyJr 2008/06/07 07:02:24
    Never had mine out so I can't help you.
    IzzyJr
    +1
    But I did have a molar taken out. Pulled when I was a kid. Hurt like h...yeah. :)
  • Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥ 2008/06/07 03:43:11
    It was alright ( please comment)
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    +1
    But I'm glad I was put under. I wouldn't have had it any other way.
  • Ace~Mr.Giantess~ 2008/06/07 02:38:01
    OUCH (please comment)
    Ace~Mr.Giantess~
    +1
    My face was swollen and I was on medication that made me throw up all the time.
  • Ben Dare-In God I Trust. 2008/06/07 01:40:55
    OUCH (please comment)
    Ben Dare-In God I Trust.
    +1
    There is always a horrior story out there and mine is one. All 4 of mine were impacted so at the age of 22 I had all 4 removed. Lol. My head swoll up like a basketball. (my brother ane sister would not even come in the room.) My neck was blue, green then yellow. I never left my bed room for over a week. (bath room not included) It was a month before I could open wide enough to put in a spoon. Lastly I have permanent nerve damage on my lower right half lip. still no pain but some numbness...30 years later. It is stil fun to kiss. ; )
  • ~daffod... Ben Dar... 2008/06/07 03:10:49
    ~daffodilmommyof3~McCain/Palin
    I am afraid of the nerve damage because one of the teeth is laying on my main nerve running through my jaw. Thanks for the information.
  • TwilightPrincess~Miharu 2008/06/06 22:25:17
    OUCH (please comment)
    TwilightPrincess~Miharu
    +2
    When I had all of mine out, it hurt for a couple weeks afterward. The pain went away slowly each day, but the pain was really bad the same day I got them out. I couldn't talk for a couple hours, and I could barely swallow the water so I could take the pain medication.
  • ~daffod... Twiligh... 2008/06/07 03:11:30
    ~daffodilmommyof3~McCain/Palin
    +1
    oh you poor thing! That sucks to not even be able to be medicated!
  • Twiligh... ~daffod... 2008/06/07 04:08:25
    TwilightPrincess~Miharu
    +1
    But I was medicated...
  • ~daffod... Twiligh... 2008/06/07 04:23:15
    ~daffodilmommyof3~McCain/Palin
    +1
    Sorry I read it wrong I thought it said so you couldn't I really hope mine goes good. Im a highly anxious person when it comes to surgery of any kind!
  • kayla 2008/06/06 22:22:31
    It was alright ( please comment)
    kayla
    +4
  • ~daffod... kayla 2008/06/06 22:28:54
    ~daffodilmommyof3~McCain/Palin
    +1
    Thank you, yeah Vicodin doesnt work for me very well either. Thats what I am on now and it makes me feel so sick to my stomach.
  • kayla ~daffod... 2008/06/06 22:31:40
    kayla
    +1
    You're welcome. I was telling one of my friends about my experience, because she has to get hers out too, and she freaked out when I said I bled for an extra 4 hours. So sorry if I didn't help too much. The Vicodin didn't make me sick, but it did nothing for the pain either. I always thought that was supposed to be strong.
  • kayla kayla 2008/06/06 22:32:18
    kayla
    +1
    And luckily, I did not look like a chipmunk or bruise lol
  • HairlessKat the Gnostic 2008/06/06 22:22:09
    It was alright ( please comment)
    HairlessKat the Gnostic
    +3
    yeah, it wasnt fun... was on conciouse sedation and 'drifted' out of the gassy bliss to hear a loud crack and " Uhhh ohhh" from the nurse... my eyes fluttered open just in time to hear the dr. say,," Not Uh Oh,, NEVER uh oh" LOL..

thankfully everything was fine, but the tooth had broken off at the root so he had to get that out too. Irregardless I felt NO pain,, just alot of pressure,,, even so I HATE having a dr in my face to this day because they are soooo in your space.
  • Magzilla 2008/06/06 21:58:42
    It was a breeze (please comment)
    Magzilla
    +3
    It was a breeze for me. I had my top wisdom teeth taken out by a regular dentist about 3 years before I had my bottoms ones removed. It sucked, I was awake the whole time, I was doped up and all I remember is wanting to get our of there and getting annoyed whenever the dentist wanted to talk or joke with me.
    When I had my bottoms removed it had to be done surgically because of their position and they have erupted yet. That was a breeze. It felt like it only took them 10 seconds to do. I remember being on the table and them gave me the sleeping med and I was out then all of the sudden I was in the recovery room and they were trying to get me up. I guess the drugs hit me hard because there was another person in there too trying to wake up.
    It took me longer to heal the second time because I got dry socket on one side.
  • ~daffod... Magzilla 2008/06/06 22:09:59
    ~daffodilmommyof3~McCain/Palin
    +4
    Thanks for the info. I have one on the top and one on the bottom. I hope it will be a breeze for me as well. :)

2014/12/21 03:21:49