If you have a social or mental disorder, how do you handle situations that are considered harmful triggers?(ex: Social Anxiety Large Crowd: RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!)

Chris'Elia 2012/07/09 19:28:38
Related Topics: Ex, Harmful, Anxiety

• SebaTheSociallyAwkwardPenguin 2012/07/10 06:18:35
    SebaTheSociallyAwkwardPenguin
    well i mostly have anxiety...and social anxiety and depression and i've been learning different ways, take deep breaths, calm down, listen to music...just like chill out and not go crazy with worry.
  • Chris'Elia SebaThe... 2012/07/10 20:04:36
    Chris'Elia
    +1
    See as a person who has been dealing with social and mental disorders all their life, I would recommend a few things to you. First find a strong friendship who understands and can help when you need someone to lean on. Take most social situations in small doses. If in a situation you can not avoid with larger crowds, be very outright with those around you about social anxiety and that you may need space and a moment away to collect your thoughts. Do not hide this part of you, or you will never truly be able to co-exist and conquer it. ~Speaking from experience.
  • SebaThe... Chris'Elia 2012/07/10 23:45:38
    SebaTheSociallyAwkwardPenguin
    yes, slowly im getting back to getting social and not letting my anxiety/fears get the best of me from keeping me in my comfort zone. but thank youfor the advice.
    run
  • Chris'Elia 2012/07/09 19:31:52
    Chris'Elia
    +1
    I have ADHD and Aspergers. I am commonly seen as obsessive and apathetic towards others feelings. My main trigger is being stopped in the middle of a task. I get aggressive, irritable and annoyed. So to handle that trigger I usually spend between 1-3 hours socializing each day to try and understand those around me.
  • SebaThe... Chris'Elia 2012/07/10 06:19:16
    SebaTheSociallyAwkwardPenguin
    thats interesting, does being more social help?
  • Chris'Elia SebaThe... 2012/07/10 20:01:24
    Chris'Elia
    Actually it is more like a set of scales. For it can help at times with the times I have to deal with familiar people, but at the same time if I find myself coming into contact with those I am not familiar with, I become agitated, anxious and I will begin to analyze said person from behaviors to their comments.Sometimes it is very difficult for me to know when to take something someone says to me in the literal sense or when not too.
  • SebaThe... Chris'Elia 2012/07/10 23:46:29
    SebaTheSociallyAwkwardPenguin
    Oo, yeah i always see people either positively or negatively
  • Chris'Elia SebaThe... 2012/07/13 18:52:16
    Chris'Elia
    Sounds like we have a similiar view of the world
  • SebaThe... Chris'Elia 2012/07/13 19:26:34
    SebaTheSociallyAwkwardPenguin
    awesome, high fifteen!!^^

2014/10/02 06:49:22