If you found a bank bag of money would you return it?

renee 2010/01/19 17:02:58

• DaRkTigrrr 2010/01/19 23:49:47
    DaRkTigrrr
    I would return it. As much as I'd like to have it, it's stealing and that's definitely not cool with me. People have such loose morals nowadays and that's pretty sad. I'd think about the person that lost it. I'm sure they'd be relieved...I know I would.
  • Katherine the Renaissance W... 2010/01/19 23:37:33
    Katherine the Renaissance Woman
    +3
    Nah. I mean, come on! Think about it! I may be the honest citizen and turn it in, but who's to say that the guy I give it to won't turn around and take it?
    Why not swipe it while I have the chance? :D
  • maureen Katheri... 2010/01/20 14:31:42
    maureen
    katherine; from your picture im assuming youre in your teens / early twenties.
    now is the time to form your ethics and morals. why not swipe it? because
    thats stealing, thats why. do you steal from stores? do you mug people?
    no? good. but this scenario is basically the same thing.
    wake up, kiddo.
  • maureen Katheri... 2010/05/08 21:23:27
    maureen
    wow, thats a really terrible attitude.
  • Katheri... maureen 2010/05/09 02:08:32
    Katherine the Renaissance Woman
    You're a moron. I was kidding. Thanks for insulting me and assuming things about someone you don't know a damn thing about.
  • crotchrot 2010/01/19 23:35:09
  • mike 2010/01/19 23:29:34
    mike
    +1
    my friend works for a armored truck co.and i ask him to kick out a bag all the time,,lmao.
  • Feria~Badass of PHAET~ 2010/01/19 23:28:29
    Feria~Badass of PHAET~
    +5
    Honestly, I'd give it to people that need it. The Red Cross, to help the people in Haiti.
  • ASPEN 2010/01/19 23:06:31 (edited)
    ASPEN
    Of course I would return it. To keep what is not knowingly yours makes you a Thief. Someone who would not return it has no conscious or morals and probably has a rap sheet a mile long.

Commandment #7
    knowingly thief return conscious morals rap sheet mile commandment 7
  • Josh ASPEN 2010/01/20 13:14:31
    Josh
    +1
    Wow that is like the biggest load of crap I have ever heard... If they keep they have a rap sheet a mile long..? are you insane
  • ASPEN Josh 2010/01/22 20:03:06
    ASPEN
    Couldn't come up with anything better than to post an Grade School Adolescent Rhetorical come back huh?

post grade school adolescent rhetorical huh
  • Charge 2010/01/19 21:23:57
    Charge
    Yes, I am not a thief.... are You?
  • MILLERTIME 2010/01/19 21:04:26
    MILLERTIME
    +1
    I WOULD BEAT MY WIFE WITH IT!!!!
  • crotchrot MILLERTIME 2010/01/20 02:56:38
  • TopShelf® (oyo) 2010/01/19 20:37:21
    TopShelf® (oyo)
    +3
    F%#@ NO!
    i have found a bank envelope
    with $375 in it.you think i was
    walkin' around,asking whose it was?! bank envelope 375 walkin aroundasking
  • maureen TopShel... 2010/01/20 14:33:12
    maureen
    wow! and youre proud of that attitude? remind your friends to hang onto their wallets!!
  • TopShel... maureen 2010/01/20 15:51:00
    TopShelf® (oyo)
    +1
    enjoy the view from your high horse.
  • maureen TopShel... 2010/05/08 21:24:53
    maureen
    i do, thanks.
  • ASPEN TopShel... 2010/01/22 20:05:30 (edited)
    ASPEN
    Did it ever occur to you that whom ever lost that $375.00 earned that money that he or she needed to pay bills and put food on the table? KNowingly keeping what is not yours makes you a "Thief".

Whatever happened to doing what is RIGHT.

Work for your money instead of thinking you are ENTITLED to what others work for and earn.

food table knowingly thief work money thinking entitled work earn
  • TopShel... ASPEN 2010/01/22 20:15:03
    TopShelf® (oyo)
    WRONG!
    what would have made me a thief,
    [you sanctimonious,finger-pointing...
    is if i WATCHED the person drop the envelope,
    and then snatched it.
    in this case,there was nobody around to claim it,
    so i kept it.and i was 13.
    i do work for my money,you sure make an awful
    lot of insipid assumptions,based on your evident
    prejudices.

he who is guilty is the one who has much to say.
    -ghanaian proverb
  • ASPEN TopShel... 2010/01/22 20:19:56 (edited)
    ASPEN
    When you keep MONEY that is KNOWINGLY NOT yours to KEEP than it makes YOu a T.H.I.E.F. You should take the money to the police Department where the person who WORKED for and EARNED what money you FOUND would most likely go to see if anyone found His/Her Money and was HONEST and DECENT enough to do the RIGHT THING. It makes NO difference if you were 13 or older. At 13 you know right from wrong. Their is NO need to be VIOLENT in your responses.

money honest decent difference 13 older 13 wrong violent responses
  • TopShel... ASPEN 2010/01/22 20:24:15
    TopShelf® (oyo)
    if you object to my "violent" response,
    maybe you should preach that crap to
    someone else.
    go have some kids,and nag them to tears.
  • ASPEN TopShel... 2010/01/22 20:33:30 (edited)
    ASPEN
    LOL are you sure you are 41 years old? And when the time comes for me to have kids I will raise them to be decent honest and to embrace Traditional American Christian Values and Principles. You may want to look up to these well educated, Successful Intelligent Black Americans:

AND:

Instead of these uneducated, Unintelligent Street Thugs:

traditional american christian values principles educated successful intelligent black americans

AND:

principles educated successful intelligent black americans uneducated unintelligent street thugs principles educated successful intelligent black americans uneducated unintelligent street thugs

principles educated successful intelligent black americans uneducated unintelligent street thugs

• Sasssy 2010/01/19 20:21:02
    Sasssy
    +2
    Return it to who? It looks like a bag with no name. Looks like mine.
  • Isabel-Publius 2010/01/19 19:27:47 (edited)
  • dogs voice 2010/01/19 19:25:01
    dogs voice
    Circumstances?
  • LudaHoodsZ 2010/01/19 18:56:20
    LudaHoodsZ
    if they were all ones no.....one dollar bills dont have that security strip
  • Water Polo 2010/01/19 18:35:22
    Water Polo
    +2
    Yes, keeping it would be stealing.
  • dogs voice Water Polo 2010/01/19 19:36:54
    dogs voice
    And if it was never reported as missing and the person or business did not report it missing, no one knows anything about it. Now what? Why do you think I asked for circumstances before making any decision on this subjuect. It is not stealing if no one is missing it.
  • Water Polo dogs voice 2010/01/19 19:41:04
    Water Polo
    +2
    So even though you lie, as long as nobody know you lied it is okay. Here the thing. If you find money, you turn it in to the police. If not claimed in 90 days it is returned to you. They count the money right in front of you, seal it away and contact you if or if nobody claims it. So not stealing if the police turns it right back to you after the 90 days, but if you don't turn it in you are stealing.
  • dogs voice Water Polo 2010/01/19 19:53:36
    dogs voice
    Semantics. Again, it is why I asked for circumstances of the find. Generally, your process is what I would do, circumstances or not, and hopefully I would have a windfall after 90 days. However, if the circumstances were that it was untraceable, small denominations, an amount <$10K, found in a totally open area devoid of other human presences and what ever else to make it untraceable, I would just keep it. I would do my best to see about any news stories of lost money and maybe there would be a reward. But here is where people make a big mistake - they tell someone! Or they proceed to put it in the bank or make a large purchase with it. I'd at least keep it under wraps for 90 days while keeping an eye and ear open for a loss notification. After that, SMALL spending on things like groceries or a past due bill. No new car, TV, stereo, furniture, clothing, etc. Anything that would be a give away. Too many want to spread the wealth to family and friends, but they do it too soon. Treat it like the police would. Then enjoy later.
  • Water Polo dogs voice 2010/01/19 20:05:45
    Water Polo
    +2
    Semantics or not. If that money is lost by a private party or stolen from a business or private party. If you don't turn it into the police and fill correctly. If and it will catch up to you, you just have to spend a single dollar and by the eye of the law you have stolen the money. FACT
  • dogs voice Water Polo 2010/01/19 20:11:07
    dogs voice
    I understand your point and take it as fact, however, back to my original post of "Circumstances?". More info is needed here to make a better response to the posted question.
  • Water Polo dogs voice 2010/01/19 20:23:56
    Water Polo
    +1
    So you are saying depending on the circumstance it is okay to steal
  • dogs voice Water Polo 2010/01/19 20:29:59
    dogs voice
    The "bomb" is dropped and almost all of the human race is dead. The local store has food and drink and no cashier. Will you eat and drink or die of thirst and starvation? It is not right to steal, but given circumstances, I think it would be OK. It all depends upon point of view.
  • Water Polo dogs voice 2010/01/19 20:32:21
    Water Polo
    +1
    Keeping the money does not save your life
  • dogs voice Water Polo 2010/01/19 20:35:01
    dogs voice
    Is that a circumstance? Stop trying to get "around" this simple question by adding morales into the equation. I took it point blank as asked. You want me to agree with you, ask with circumstances given.
  • Water Polo dogs voice 2010/01/19 20:41:56
    Water Polo
    +1
    There is no circumstance to ever steal
  • dogs voice Water Polo 2010/01/19 20:44:05
    dogs voice
    OK. Keep telling yourself that when you are starving and the store is around the corner with no one there. You do it your way and I'll do it mine. We'll see who lasts longer.
  • Water Polo dogs voice 2010/01/19 20:48:10
    Water Polo
    +1
    A hungry man can feed himself and still be morally right. Stealing is not moral, you can not hide the line for something that is not needed for life. You are not going to sit around a fire, rollup a wade of 10's, put it on the end of a stick and then eat. Found money is found money, not yours but some worked hard for it.

2014/10/20 18:08:15