If you decided to do something and your friends strongly advised you not to, could you do it anyway?

Delete 2008/03/26 04:46:55

• Angel 2008/03/26 14:34:56
    Angel
    +18
    once I have set my mind to do something its pretty much already done, no matter what anyone says...

• Honeybuns 2012/03/28 16:24:47
    Honeybuns
    +1
    No i have a hard time thinking for myself.and im infulence really quickly. Which is a bad thing and im working on it now.Not caring what other people think and say about me. I hate being pressure.
  • xXScarlettXx 2012/03/28 13:53:29
    xXScarlettXx
    +1
    Normallyy, yeh >:D
  • Nintaku 2012/03/28 02:32:11
    Nintaku
    +1
    lol peer pressure.
  • hisomouth 2012/03/28 00:11:25
    hisomouth
    +1
    I would cut off my nose any day.Just to prove a point.
  • being me 2012/03/28 00:07:40
    being me
    +1
    If I am set on doing something, friends approval means nothing.
  • Chieki 2012/03/27 22:19:37
    Chieki
    +1
    I always follow my own mind. So whatever the outcome, I alone accept the consequences.

above the influence
  • Mephestophelis 2012/03/27 21:31:28
    Mephestophelis
    +1
    sometimes it even makes me wanna do it more
  • Jackal 2012/03/27 18:40:02
    Jackal
    +1
    Depends on what it is.
  • Billyk75 2012/03/27 18:20:14
    Billyk75
    +1
    For me it would be easy because I have no friends.
  • Vitalani 2012/03/27 17:54:32
    Vitalani
    +1
    COULD I? Of course. WOULD I? That depends.
  • Absynthe, Lady of Snakes 2012/03/27 15:53:55
    Absynthe, Lady of Snakes
    +1
    I have, but not all the time. I do listen to their input and take it into consideration.
  • AdWhois 2012/03/27 15:12:32
    AdWhois
    +2
    Sometimes you just have to do what you want, no matter what people think.
  • tayboo 2012/03/27 14:41:09
    tayboo
    +1
    MY "FRIENDS" ARE COLLEGE BUMS SO I DNT CARE WHAT THEY THINK REALLY
  • Molinda 2012/03/27 14:37:43
    Molinda
    +2
    i'll think about it... if it right then i'll do it...
  • Michael The Archangel 2012/03/27 14:36:29 (edited)
    Michael The Archangel
    +1
    Zion or United States, March 27, 2012

If it is the righteous thing to do, you bethcha,,,I have been there done that regardless of all peril. And I prophesy in the name of Messiah that I will do it again as in an instant. Here it goes. I have learned to follow Jesus Christ, the God of Israel, and the ever promised or ever hoped Messiah even if a great of my friends, the Jews don't believe or care about him. Some of them even claim that if they knew the Messiah was coming on the way to Emmaus, for that matter, and they were planting a vineyard, that they will keep planting it before they make themselves worthy to go to and meet their God, King, LORD and Savior. What they do not know is how much they will cry or weep when they see him as he is with the marks of the nails in his hands and wrists, for of this it is already written;

And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

(Old Testament | Zechariah 13:6)

Then shall they know that I am the Lord; for I will say unto them: These wounds are the wounds with which I was wounded in the house of my friends. I am he who was lifted up. I am Jesus that was crucified. I am the Son of God. And then shall they weep because of their iniquiti...

Zion or United States, March 27, 2012

(Old Testament | Zechariah 13:6)

Then shall they know that I am the Lord; for I will say unto them: These wounds are the wounds with which I was wounded in the house of my friends. I am he who was lifted up. I am Jesus that was crucified. I am the Son of God. And then shall they weep because of their iniquities; then shall they lament because they persecuted their king.

(Doctrine and Covenants | Section 45:52 - 53)

“And the Lord will set his hand again the second time to restore his people from their lost and fallen state. Wherefore, he will proceed to do a marvelous work and a wonder among the children of men. Wherefore, he shall bring forth his words unto them, which words shall judge them at the last day, for they shall be given them for the purpose of convincing them of the true Messiah, who was rejected by them; and unto the convincing of them that they need not look forward any more for a Messiah to come, for there should not any come, save it should be a false Messiah which should deceive the people; for there is save one Messiah spoken of by the prophets, and that Messiah is he who should be rejected of the Jews. For according to the words of the prophets, the Messiah cometh in six hundred years from the time that my father left Jerusalem; and according to the words of the prophets, and also the word of the angel of God, his name shall be Jesus Christ, the Son of God. And now, my brethren, I have spoken plainly that ye cannot err. And as the Lord God liveth that brought Israel up out of the land of Egypt, and gave unto Moses power that he should heal the nations after they had been bitten by the poisonous serpents, if they would cast their eyes unto the serpent which he did raise up before them, and also gave him power that he should smite the rock and the water should come forth; yea, behold I say unto you, that as these things are true, and as the Lord God liveth, there is none other name given under heaven save it be this Jesus Christ, of which I have spoken, whereby man can be saved. Wherefore, for this cause hath the Lord God promised unto me that these things which I write shall be kept and preserved, and handed down unto my seed, from generation to generation, that the promise may be fulfilled unto Joseph, that his seed should never perish as long as the earth should stand.”

(Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 25:17 - 21)

You can read the whole book of Mormon Here

http://www.lds.org/scriptures...

These things I say as one having authority in the Holy Name of Jesus Christ, amen.

THE ROD or BRANCH SERVANT

An unworthy servant in the hands of Christ.

Miguel Angel Tinoco ROD-TREE-JESSE
  • tomcat IFBTSD 2012/03/27 13:02:36
    tomcat IFBTSD
    +3
    I listen but I decide my own fate.
  • Michael... tomcat ... 2012/03/27 14:48:14
    Michael The Archangel
    +1
    It is the great thing about free agency or free will, the problem is that once we make a choice, we cannot alter the consequences. For instance, if you decide to jump from a high rise building, once of the way down, by law, you cannot repent half way to crash to is peril. We need to learn to chose the right. And use wisely our moral agency. One prophet once said that decisions, determine destiny. You can’t be right by doing wrong and you can be wrong. And we cannot stress this too strongly.

Here is how we can begin how to learn to use our moral agency:

http://www.lds.org/scriptures...
  • Crime Time 2012/03/27 12:36:43
  • SicFux651 2012/03/27 11:09:27
    SicFux651
    +1
    surround your self with why not people...theres to many why people
  • Moh Al-a 2012/03/27 10:34:01
    Moh Al-a
    +2
    I have done this alot specially when it comes to important issue then my opinion has much more value than my friends' and family's opinions combined together
  • NYCbrit 2012/03/27 10:02:17
    NYCbrit
    +2
    I have done this quite alot over the years, with mixed results.
  • Michael... NYCbrit 2012/03/27 14:48:53
    Michael The Archangel
    +1

http://www.lds.org/scriptures...
  • Maria 2012/03/27 09:40:03
    Maria
    +1
    i tend to do what i want
  • USAF Vet 2012/03/27 08:50:13
    USAF Vet
    +1
    Yes, especially when it comes to giving in to anything on Obummer's agenda. I was born in a free America I want to die in a free America.
  • strawberry 2012/03/27 08:33:34
    strawberry
    +1
    I would weigh carefully all pros and cons, and use my own common sense on the matter.
  • Mark 2012/03/27 08:11:48
    Mark
    +1
    Never been cautious when it comes to new projects
  • MissJo 2012/03/27 08:05:31
    MissJo
    +1
    Of course I COULD do it if I really wanted too, the more appropriate question would be if I still would want to do it. The answer to that? Depends on what it was and the arguments they made against it.
  • nightcrawler2005 2012/03/27 07:18:03
    nightcrawler2005
    +1
    No matter what you want to do in life there is always nay sayers around. They usually are against what your doing because their not capable of doing it themselves or scared you might succeed.
  • D.G.rocks 2012/03/27 07:14:48
    D.G.rocks
    +2
    just did it today ..twice
  • The Riv... D.G.rocks 2012/03/27 07:44:43
    The River Rat
    +1
    Only twice?
  • D.G.rocks The Riv... 2012/03/27 07:47:09
    D.G.rocks
    +1
    let me go through my day. only twice!
  • The Riv... D.G.rocks 2012/03/27 07:49:23
    The River Rat
    +1
    WOW! That's hard to believe.
  • D.G.rocks The Riv... 2012/03/27 07:51:45
    D.G.rocks
    +1
    don't believe me? :P
  • The Riv... D.G.rocks 2012/03/27 07:55:58
    The River Rat
    +1
    I do. I never doubt you.
  • THE ENIGMA 2012/03/27 07:07:28
    THE ENIGMA
    +1
    am not really sure
  • Rukasaki ~~ Hawkshadow 2012/03/27 07:06:16
    Rukasaki ~~ Hawkshadow
    +2
    it all depends on your own decision in the end. i value my friends' input, but if im dead set on doing something, there isnt much they can do to stop me.
  • peter 2012/03/27 07:01:02
    peter
    +1
    i would either be depressed or ambitiously crazy to do something that my friends strongly advised not to do.
  • MARK WELLS 2012/03/27 06:59:43
    MARK WELLS
    +1
    I probably wouldn't do it if my friends strongly advised me not to, but actually it all depends on what it is that I wanted to do. Say for instance...bungee jumping...if my friends said not to, I most likely wouldn't unless there is an inflated safety mat below.
  • Something Sea 2012/03/27 06:46:19
  • MissingTheO.C. 2012/03/27 06:42:36
    MissingTheO.C.
    +2
    Im stubborn like that. Unless it was something really REALLY important to them.

2014/07/23 16:13:22