If You Could Erase Certain Memories, Would You?

The Big Question 2012/08/22 00:30:49
Related Topics: Memory, Memories

• Sidrah Zaheer 2012/11/03 18:14:54
    Sidrah Zaheer
    I would not only like to erase certain memories, but I would also like to erase certain events in my life.
  • guitar kid 2012/08/28 19:43:29
    guitar kid
    The bad memories are what make the good ones so good
  • Marc m 2012/08/28 03:10:26
    Marc m
    Oh Dear Lord ... YES!
  • IsaacsLoreve 2012/08/25 18:20:13
    IsaacsLoreve
    my birthday is august 27, how i keep it nice
  • Marcus Clark 2012/08/25 07:57:20
    Marcus Clark
    Everything I've experienced in the past, both the good and the bad, is part of what I am today. Even to erase the memory of the bad, would result in changing my now.
  • handeman 2012/08/24 01:04:49
    handeman
    I am the sum of my memories, good and bad.
  • S123 2012/08/23 23:15:03
    S123
    I don't have any memorys that a want to erase. If I did,I would want to make sure that it would erase the trauma too instead of making it impossible to ever deal with because I wouldn't know what happend.
  • Cuthbert Allsgood 2012/08/23 23:12:31
    Cuthbert Allsgood
    Memories are what make up who we are. I would never want to give up any part of the experiences that brought me to who I am now. Well, maybe except that time my friend tricked me into watching 2 girls 1 cup... I could live without that memory.
  • S123 Cuthber... 2012/08/23 23:20:41
    S123
    Here is a Unicorn Chaser for that!
    unicorn chaser ad unicorn chaser ad
  • Cuthber... S123 2012/08/23 23:24:39
    Cuthbert Allsgood
    LOL. Thanks. :)
  • Resp 2012/08/23 20:43:39
    Resp
    No. Because if I erased a wrong memory by mistake then I would not remember why it was wrong and which memory I should have erased at the time that I erased it, if you get my drift.
  • Cricket 2012/08/23 20:12:22
    Cricket
    Most certainly
  • stevie.luplow 2012/08/23 20:03:46
    stevie.luplow
    More from my husband's memory than my own. I've dealt with the memory I am speaking of, but he can not get past it...it's been years and he still is having trouble getting past it.
  • bags the Indigenous Guru 2012/08/23 16:40:58
    bags the Indigenous Guru
    Having been a victim of crime, yes.....I would like those memories gone.
  • Magical 2012/08/23 16:39:47
    Magical
    +1
    Every experience, good or bad, has contributed to who I am today. It is the road I traveled to become the person who I am - and while I am still learning, I am quite content when i look in that mirror. Every experience is a learning experience.
  • bob h. 2012/08/23 16:00:38
    bob h.
    My first marriage.
  • Jackal 2012/08/23 11:52:16
    Jackal
    +1
    My memories make me who I am. I love every aspect of myself, including my flaws.
  • 2sly 2012/08/23 09:05:24
    2sly
    +2
    One learns by thier mistakes, if you erase it all you'll have to learn your mistakes and misgivings all over again and probably at a much higher price tag.
  • Glen McLeod 2012/08/23 08:49:22
    Glen McLeod
    +1
    I think most of us woud say yes to this one.woud
  • Raven 2012/08/23 06:22:34
    Raven
    +1
    It's the bad ones that remind me who I truly am... Bad memories are the memories of my losses, pains, sufferance lived, mistakes, regrets, sadness felt, obstacles I went through, hardships, betrayals, risks... These are the things that we learn from as we grow in this body, the things that forge us, test us to our better judgement, strength of will and spirit to learn from them is wisdom, growth... I wish I could remember everything...
  • xcide13 2012/08/23 04:05:23
    xcide13
    In the blink of an eye...
  • rayray 2012/08/23 03:56:42
    rayray
    +1
    i have some preeetty nasty memories
  • matttic 2012/08/23 03:40:37
    matttic
    erasing it won't make it disappear.
  • wutever 2012/08/23 02:34:56
    wutever
    Most of my life
  • FortunaVeritas 2012/08/23 02:27:48
    FortunaVeritas
    Probably, anyway.
  • clasact 2012/08/23 02:18:46
    clasact
    +1
    Some I have are very painful but they have made who I am today and I kind of like me
  • Mike J. Hirak 2012/08/23 02:15:10
    Mike J. Hirak
    +1
    We wouldn't have any good memories if we didn't have bad ones
  • evangelism_vision 2012/08/23 00:59:36 (edited)
    evangelism_vision
    Sometimes I wish I could start over, well actually I did, but that comes later

I was a kid, when I accepted Jesus as lord ... and so i thought but you see i never really had an understanding of God and who Jesus was really so that was not a true conversion.

I thought I was a good person but I was lying to myself. Having no spirit my I became an Atheist, I was a real Jerk growing up in a home not with my Parents, but with Great grandparents.

I came to a point that I wanted nothing to do with God, I use to curse him and throw his Bible across the room and i lived my life the way I wanted to.

When I was in the Navy, I was in the Gulf on Combat duty, I was a navy Photographer and I was going up the steps from the Bridge to the Signal Bridge on the USS Anchorage and some how I fell back and flipped 15 feet onto a hard metal deck, messing up my back, my wrist, and broke every bone in my nose.

When they took me to the Doctors on the other ship, the Doctor said " There is no way you should be alive" but God had other plans for me and you know not being saved, had I died, I would have been in Hell.

God never gave up on me and there came a time when I was I was asking what was the meaning of life and was God real. I searched and i read the Bible and i found him

And although Everything I e...

And although Everything I ever did in the past is forgiven, I still wish that I had done things different But you know what?

Heaven will be filled with all sorts of Sinners... Yes that's true but Sinners saved by the Grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and what He did on the cross

But as a former Atheist, Never again do i ever want to return to that. Jesus means more to me than anything else in the whole world

I found Him, and He's only a Prayer away God is real You can't work to earn a way into Heaven, you can't be good enough, Attending Church won't save you, or even having a few facts about God.

How then? Simple: The bible says we are all sinners and that we have a wall between us and God that wall is sin because God is Holy. How do we bring that wall down? By asking Jesus to forgive us of our sins and by repenting and turning away from them and trusting Jesus in Faith that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for us.

And making him our own Lord and Master. When you truly do that, His Holy Spirit will come in you and you will be saved and sealed. All sins you committed in the past are forgiven, and in the Present and future as well. But we confess daily acknowledging that He forgives.

I can tell you as a former atheist, I thought I would never believe in God. And I thought once that those that did were idiots, and fools, but it was not them, It was me.

Believe me, Jesus loves you and if you call on him, He will forgive you. Does that mean that life will be filled with Peace? No, but the difference is that when we go through those valleys of trials, Jesus is with us.
  • nightcrawler2005 2012/08/23 00:19:25
    nightcrawler2005
    +2
    As painful as some memories might be I would never erase them as they are all learning experiences and are part of you.
  • *SqU!R@L QuE3N* 2012/08/22 23:59:24
    *SqU!R@L QuE3N*
    when i was 16.
  • britbiker 2012/08/22 22:04:54
    britbiker
    There is a few
  • Lerro DeHazel 2012/08/22 21:46:02
    Lerro DeHazel
    Of course, everyone would like to be able to do that. There are about a zillion songs and poems about that topic . . .
  • ilikewater 2012/08/22 21:37:06
    ilikewater
    Some things make me really anxious and uncomfortable to look bad on (they aren't really important memories, so it wouldn't matter if they weren't there anymore...)
  • JohnT 2012/08/22 21:35:01
    JohnT
    Some of the painful things we have seen or experienced.
  • Smuwf, Twin 2012/08/22 21:28:42
    Smuwf, Twin
    sometimes they are all we have,good and bad.Memories form the structure of a man or woman's behavioural ways.fear,joy,sadness all emotions and reactions have to do with memory,why erase them.Memories are the most valuable thing anyone can own and nothing should be aloud take from that.
  • Beanybudd 2012/08/22 21:26:53
    Beanybudd
    +1
    There are just 2 things from when I was a little girl that I really realllyyy wish never happened... Out of all the few memories to keep at such a young age it happened to be those two events that disgust me, make me feel gross... no lesson learned from them, just....not good things.
  • DebraJMSmith 2012/08/22 21:25:08
    DebraJMSmith
    Absolutely and in a heartbeat!
  • Sailor Jerry [Proud Liberta... 2012/08/22 21:20:56
    Sailor Jerry [Proud Libertarian]
    i have many memories that i'd rather not have.
  • joshBigBoss 2012/08/22 21:20:46
    joshBigBoss
    I don't have any memories that need to be erased. Beside that I am a person who thrives on knowledge and once I found a memory gap it would probably drive me insane trying to get it back.
  • AZTEC WARRIOR 2012/08/22 21:14:40
    AZTEC WARRIOR
    i would like that their some things people wish they could forget

2014/04/23 10:23:57