If you could choose, what part of your nations budget would you spend less money, cut some of their funds ?

Yosyp 2012/05/08 10:49:31
Related Topics: Money, Budget, Spend

• lucky 2012/05/08 11:30:15
    Wages of lawmakers
    lucky
    +5
    Start with their salaries, politicians salaries should be directly related to the wealth of our country, the more we prosper the more they make, the less we prosper as a nation the less they make.

• John Galt jr or Ron/jon 2012/06/06 14:15:40
  • beach bum 2012/05/20 03:13:26
    Foreign aid
    beach bum
    +1
    foreign aid
  • beachbum 2012/05/08 20:54:57
    beachbum
    I'd cut out supporting the UN; the depts of energy and education; cut congressional salaries, budgets, lifetime perks, expenses; foreign aid, and all waste. I'd go over the budget with a red marker scratching off a huge amount of $, and make every single $ spent accountable.
  • **StarzAbove** 2012/05/08 20:53:01
    Foreign aid
    **StarzAbove**
    Foreign aid. Why give money to countries that hate us. It's time to stop it and take care of our own.
  • POWERSHAKER 2012/05/08 20:18:28
  • ♒ßεllεchεvεllε®♒ 2012/05/08 19:48:29
    Wages of lawmakers
    ♒ßεllεchεvεllε®♒
    +1
    I'd cut their dang pensions, too.
  • rugrat1411 2012/05/08 18:45:39
    Foreign aid
    rugrat1411
    +2
    Help is needed here at home, help those here first and for most and maybe later help others after we get out of debt.
  • **Starz... rugrat1411 2012/05/08 20:53:26
    **StarzAbove**
    I agree.
  • Anonymouse ~superdoge~ 2012/05/08 18:28:28
    Anonymouse ~superdoge~
    +1
    Bureaucracy, regulations, foreign aid, the military and the EU.
  • john 2012/05/08 18:18:40
    Foreign aid
    john
    Foreigners and illegals, there is so much money wasted on these people and the money,which we don't have, that we give to other countries....
  • gumybare69 2012/05/08 17:54:25
    Military aid to other nations
    gumybare69
    I'm not totally against providing aid to other countries. I just think those countries should pay for it instead of it coming out of our piggy bank. If they can't pay, we plant the American flag on our newly acquired real estate.
  • prosperhappily 2012/05/08 16:13:01
    Foreign aid
    prosperhappily
    +2
    I'd start by looking at the constitution and seeing what was actually authorized. Then, I'd cut unauthorized programs 1st.

I haven't run any numbers. But, I'd bet that step alone would bring us much closer to a balanced budget.
  • Lady Wh... prosper... 2012/05/08 17:48:20
    +1
    agreed
  • **Starz... prosper... 2012/05/08 20:53:52
    **StarzAbove**
    +1
    I agree.
  • Foxhound BN0 2012/05/08 15:58:01
    Wages of lawmakers
    Foxhound BN0
    +2
    I'd cut the wages and benefits of lawmakers. Minimum wage and you find your own insurance.
  • Lady Wh... Foxhoun... 2012/05/08 17:49:03
    +2
    AGREED!!! Gee, we DO agree once in a while, huh?
  • dispatcher 2012/05/08 15:55:22
    Domestic social programs
    dispatcher
    I would cut the budget to all illegals coming into our country looking for a free hand out.
    NO WELFARE ,NO FOOD STAMPS, NO GOVERNMENT HOUSING.
  • HAlex1972 2012/05/08 15:12:42
    Military
    HAlex1972
    Military. Its way over-bloated right now.
  • JohnT 2012/05/08 15:06:59
    Foreign aid
    JohnT
    +2
    I would cut it to the bone, Many of the nations like Pakistan don't like us one bit, why give them a dime. We have 45 million people in poverty in this country yet throw away money for lousy nation building.
  • Lady Wh... JohnT 2012/05/08 17:49:24
    +2
    agreed
  • **Starz... JohnT 2012/05/08 20:54:15
  • merlinskiss 2012/05/08 14:54:27
    merlinskiss
    +3
    Not really undecided. I would cut military, foreign aid, tie lawmaker wages to the economy, cut farm subsidies to large corporations like Monsanto, Tyson Foods and Con-Agra and cut just about every politicians pork barrel program there is.
  • rand 2012/05/08 14:29:41
    rand
    +1
    Actually, "most of the above". Bureaucracies are notoriously inefficient and most can be reduced in expenditures. However, the U.S. needs to do a better job with scientific research, environmental protection, and education.
  • Brother Bo 2012/05/08 13:54:33 (edited)
    Brother Bo
    I would cut funding for the arts completely and immediately.

There is now a bill being pushed to cut funding for the Arts by $20 Million. Liberals are weeping and gnashing their teeth over this vital part of the American Budget. How will poor starving artists get the help they need to perfect their art? They contribute so much to the beauty of life. How else will the ballet and opera houses stay open?

I believe that this is far too small a cut. Funding for the arts should be cut out completely.

OK… so you want to be an artist but you don’t really have any talent (and there are MANY no-talent artists out there). Maybe you graduate from school and want to devote all your efforts to your art, but your parents don’t want you freeloading off them while you explore your inner self and try to express it in sculpture. Maybe you have to get a job for a while to afford a place to stay (or pay to flop on the sofa of a sympathetic friend) and work on your sculptures in your spare time. Your talent, however is minimal and no one wants to pay for your efforts.

Another no-talent friend tells you about how you can get a grant from Uncle Sugar to work on your dream of being an “artist”. You put in your paperwork and eventually get your grant along with maybe a one year time limit to show yo...

Another no-talent friend tells you about how you can get a grant from Uncle Sugar to work on your dream of being an “artist”. You put in your paperwork and eventually get your grant along with maybe a one year time limit to show your stuff. Being the no-talent knucklehead you are, you party and get stoned with your “fellow artists” while the clock is ticking. You poke around at a few ideas, change your medium a couple times, give up for a while and hang with your unemployed friends. At about the eleven month mark you realize you don’t have a sculpture and you’ll have to give back the money if you don’t produce. You panic and start throwing junk together, welding different shaped metal pieces onto other different shaped metal pieces. You end up, in the nick of time, with something that looks like a transformer had an abortion.

The government representative shows up to see the results of your year of artistry. “Interesting,” she says. “What is it?” You respond with, “It is the representation of the post-modern man struggling with his inner Neanderthal and the resulting conflict with the aura of the cosmos.” or some such non-sense. Being the understanding liberal she is, she says,”Yes. I see it now. You are truly an artist!” Your dream has come true, someone called you an artist. The government lady calls for the truck and they take your masterpiece away. You now have justification and the American people now have a pile of crap welded together for their tax dollars.

Drive into most major cities and you will have no problem finding the government buildings. They are ones with hideous statues out in front of them. The American people are the victims of your dream and they have to pay for years to come by seeing your “Art” whenever they pass a government building.

Bottom line; If no one wants to buy your statue, you are not an artist. If no one wants to pay to see your “Interpretive Dance” You are not an artist. If you cover a canvas with 2 or 3 stripes of different colors and the government had to pay for it, you are not an artist. (Oh, yes. Not just the ugly statues outside, but the mindless paintings you see inside as well) If you have been in these buildings, mostly in major cities, you have seen what I’m talking about.

If no one wants to pay for your art, stop wasting tax payers money and get yourself an honest job. You are a parasite, a boil on the butt of honest working Americans. If this hurts your feelings, Tough!

Have a nice day!
  • CAPISCE 2012/05/08 13:36:03
    Domestic social programs
    CAPISCE
    +1
    Not the Military for sure
  • Met 2012/05/08 12:58:45 (edited)
    Met
    +1
    I'd start with cutting tax breaks and loopholes, then i'd see where i was at.

I'm thinking i'd be pretty close to a budgetary surplus.
    Foreign aid
    +1
    Withdraw ALL foreign aid.... then work on the others.
  • mrdog 2012/05/08 11:47:01
    mrdog
    +1
    overhaul on all the areas.... also close some depts...energry for one...
    balance ad. too.....bark,
  • lucky 2012/05/08 11:30:15
    Wages of lawmakers
    lucky
    +5
  • Undecided
    Jerry (Iron Priest)☮ R ☮ P ☮ 201
    +1
    Some of the above but the biggest thing I would do is cut the number of politicians by 90%. Foreign and military aid and domestic social programs would also be big on the list.
  • wolf sloan 2012/05/08 11:10:49
    wolf sloan
    +2
    but especially foreign aid
  • Chris - The Rowdy One! #187 2012/05/08 10:56:28

2014/11/26 07:51:50