If you commit suicide, do you automatically go to hell?

Shenay 2008/04/30 02:52:33
i've heard it sayd that if you commit suicide you go to hell.
i really dont kno if thats tru.
nd wanted to see what some of you thought?

• Kezzi Morris 2014/04/12 18:04:28
    Kezzi Morris
    Your body is God's. If you commit suicide you will go to hell because it's murder and murder is a great sin. I believe if you murder but you repent of the sin and you don't repeat the sin you can avoid Hell . If you have a problem you should turn to God and ask him to help you get through it.
  • Emily Marie 2014/02/05 04:32:55
    Emily Marie
    I think you do because your body is not your own, it's God's, so therefore by killing yourself wouldn't you be committing a sin?
  • jasmine0034 2013/10/30 12:20:30
  • Pastor Michael Johnston 2012/11/26 07:53:30
  • kate 2012/10/02 00:30:46
    kate
    +3
    I don't know, the best way to find out is to check the bible.
  • sugarbabe3939 2012/07/30 19:41:18
    sugarbabe3939
    I really wish GOD would just go ahead an end it all. im so ready to go home an see jesus,family,an friends that have gone on.. Im tried of pain an suffering an all the craziness n this world enough is enough... i prey for god to come on.... be ready god is real an so is hell. look up 23 mins n hell watch it on youtube.. its real an its not a good place to go...
  • kate sugarba... 2012/10/02 00:29:02
    kate
    I understand I have been praying and praying that he will just end it all so I don't have to see all these horrible people ever again,but it never works I don't know what to do
  • Pastor ... kate 2012/11/26 08:01:30
    Pastor Michael Johnston
    +10
    Don't pray for God to take the greatest gift He has given us only topped by His sacrifice on the Cross of Calvary. Life is never easy, it was meant to be until sin was introduced but after sin came into the picture we must face unpleasant things in our lives and it is what we do during those moments that defines us. I would like to invite you and anyone else that would like to see the light in the darkness to come join my ministrys Facebook group; just search The Cross of Calvary Ministries and request to join. If you would like to speak with me directly please email me at TheCrossofCalvaryMinistries@L... God bless you and uplift you. In Christ, Pastor Michael Johnston
  • Ashley ... sugarba... 2014/02/12 19:52:25
    Ashley Raddenbach
    +2
    That's a good way to think of it instead of just killing yourself and going to a place of fire and eternal sorrow, I'm a proud christian girl, and that seems like a good way to try and end it all. Beg for death from God :) thank you
  • Emma Morris 2012/04/02 05:43:51
    Emma Morris
    People are rude about saying mean things about people who are suicidal. Plus some are on medications like Zoloft,Geodon,and Schizophrenic drugs which make them hallucinate.So technically they are mentally unstable to know what is going on. God will forgive them.
  • Pastor ... Emma Mo... 2012/11/26 08:14:26
    Pastor Michael Johnston
    +13
    God forgave those who knew Christ over 2000 years ago ,long before they were alive. The forgiveness of the Cross is absolute. If something so simple to forgive as suicide which as we all know is an action of desperation brought on by the darkness of Satan then Christs death on the cross would have been for nothing. That being said, suicide is never the answer because much like abortion and assisted suicide it is not our decision when our life ends, its Gods. The rumor that suicide is an unforgivable sin is the same as the one that there is a separation of Church and State in our founding documents in the US. Actually the founding fathers wanted a Republic dedicated and based upon the Judeo-Christian foundation. The right to freedom of religion was granted as the right for every state to decide what denomination of Christ to make their official state denomination as seen in the documents, letters and speeches of the founders. Many times the game of telephone tends to water down the truth and that is why I always stand by my rule of seeking the truth by going to the source. God wishes none to suffer Hell. It wasn't made for us, it was created for Satan and his fallen angels. In Christ, Pastor Michael Johnston - Doctor of Theology, Doctor of Constitutional Law
  • zechariah 2012/03/23 02:07:00
    zechariah
    I accidentally posted undecided, I would have to say yes though. I don't know how God would decide this. Yet, I believe God expects us to spread his word, live a joyful and Christian lifestyle. When someone commits suicide, I believe that they aren't willing to be Gods workers/ followers. A teenage girl on here talked of how she was raped and how she would like to commit suicide( I feel bad though because I can only sympathize with her and can't empathize). She is being harrased by her peers. But I believe that that can be layed upon the alter and forgotten. Her testimony could be a life changer for many people. I am 16 I was truely converted right after my birthday. But before that, I had been addicted to nicotine since I was 13. I was getting wasted and high everynight since I was 14. I don't even know who I lost my virginity to. I wanted to not only take my life, but i wanted to do it the most terrible way i could think of(which was drowning). I had grown up in a church, but until that Sunday night, I had no clue who God was. I was saved and my addictions fell flat, without ever feeling another urge. I would call it a miracle. I haven't wanted to commit suicide again either, every time I feel down, I just give up all my thoughts to God in prayer.
  • BRYAN 2011/12/06 21:23:34 (edited)
    BRYAN
    +1
    Hello, all the people commenting ignore them look the question is r u save d do u believe christ died for ur sins ifso accept him into ur heart and u will not go to hell the bible says "I will never leave thee nor forsake thee." christ himself said that god will punih sin however but if u r in his hands u can and will not go to hell but if u r cotemplating suicide i think u need to look at ur life and see if there are any fruits of salvation i dont mean works to abtain salvation but works that accompany salvation good people dont go to heaven saved people do i know this is alot to read but it is ur answer i have undecided cause idk if ur saved so just follow along u will be happy that u did LIVINIA I WANT U TO READ THIS TOO

Have u ever told a lie, commited adultry(the bible says that if u even look at someone with lust u have commited adultry in ur heart),said gods name in vain, or broken any of the ten commandments? if u have lets say u have only lied,looked with lust, and used gods name in vain then by rur own admission u r a lying,blasphaming,adulter at heart now if god were to judge u by ur sins right if u died right now (and lets say ur not saved) would u go to heaven or hell if u say heaven ur wrong god judges ur sins and will send u to hell if u are not save but jesu...

Have u ever told a lie, commited adultry(the bible says that if u even look at someone with lust u have commited adultry in ur heart),said gods name in vain, or broken any of the ten commandments? if u have lets say u have only lied,looked with lust, and used gods name in vain then by rur own admission u r a lying,blasphaming,adulter at heart now if god were to judge u by ur sins right if u died right now (and lets say ur not saved) would u go to heaven or hell if u say heaven ur wrong god judges ur sins and will send u to hell if u are not save but jesus came into the courtroom and paid ur fine so u wont have to go to hel all u have to do is accept the money to pay ur fine if u have realized ur not saved and have any doubt pray something like this
    "Dear Heavenly Father, I accept Your free gift of salvation. Thank You God for gving Your Son to die on the cross for my sins. Come in to my heart Lord. Amen" if u just prayed that prayer then thats wonderful but remember God doesnt say it will get easier He actually promises it will get harder but also He says that our persecution is a blessing and only adds to the treasures laid up in Heaven. if u r all ready saved u r probably going through a trial which will bring u closer to God if u prevail read job and see who had it worse him or u. ur family does not hate u go to ur parents or parent or whoever u live with give them a hug and just tell them u love them dont be ashamed no im not a parent im acctually 14 who was going through the same thing as u a couple months ago trust me i know how u feel. GOD BLESS!!!!!MERRY CHRISTMAS
  • Xaxi 2011/10/27 00:11:38
    Xaxi
    I don't like myself so that's why i want to kill myself, and i on top of that i don't want to go to hell.. And i won't think i won't go to hell because i'm a christian..
  • Alexandar Dzhordzhiyevski 2011/09/22 17:59:23
  • BRYAN Alexand... 2011/12/13 20:42:22
    BRYAN
    +2
    hey u do not have to read this but think about this way. If you blind fold urself and walk in front of an 18 wheeler coming towards u and say " i dont believe in traffic or 18 wheelers" does that make the truck go away just cause u cant see it nor believe in it? no it doesnt the truck WILL HIT U AND MOST LIKELY KILL YOU!!! bare with me for a moment have u ever stolen anything even a piece of gum when u were a kid anything at all, have u ever told a lie have u ever lookied at a man or woman with lust ( the Bible considers that adultry in the heart) im not accusing u but im asking u and being human im sure that u have done all of these and each one is a sin also they r breaking the ten commandments IF I REPEATE IF GOD WERE TO JUDGE U ON JUDGEMENT DAY WOULD U GO TO HEAVEN OR HELL IM SAYING IF AND IF U SAID HEAVEN THINK ABOUT IT THIS WAY IF GOD IS A JUDGE HE IS NOT GOING TO LET U SLIDE FOR COMMITING A CRIME THE BIBLE SAYS THAT A LIE IS JUST AS BAD AS MURDER AND THAT HATERED IS MURDER IN UR HEART THERE IS NO FIRST OFFENDER PROGRAM IN GODS COURT IF IM MAKING U FEEL UNCOMFOTABLE THAT MEANS U FEEL GUILT AND IT IS ALSO GOD WORKING INSIDE U IF U WERE TO DIE TODAY U WOULD BURN IN THE LAKE OF FIRE WHICH IS HELL BUT GOD SAVED U FROM HELL ALL U HAVE TO DO IS ACCEPT THE SALVATION THERE ARE N...
    hey u do not have to read this but think about this way. If you blind fold urself and walk in front of an 18 wheeler coming towards u and say " i dont believe in traffic or 18 wheelers" does that make the truck go away just cause u cant see it nor believe in it? no it doesnt the truck WILL HIT U AND MOST LIKELY KILL YOU!!! bare with me for a moment have u ever stolen anything even a piece of gum when u were a kid anything at all, have u ever told a lie have u ever lookied at a man or woman with lust ( the Bible considers that adultry in the heart) im not accusing u but im asking u and being human im sure that u have done all of these and each one is a sin also they r breaking the ten commandments IF I REPEATE IF GOD WERE TO JUDGE U ON JUDGEMENT DAY WOULD U GO TO HEAVEN OR HELL IM SAYING IF AND IF U SAID HEAVEN THINK ABOUT IT THIS WAY IF GOD IS A JUDGE HE IS NOT GOING TO LET U SLIDE FOR COMMITING A CRIME THE BIBLE SAYS THAT A LIE IS JUST AS BAD AS MURDER AND THAT HATERED IS MURDER IN UR HEART THERE IS NO FIRST OFFENDER PROGRAM IN GODS COURT IF IM MAKING U FEEL UNCOMFOTABLE THAT MEANS U FEEL GUILT AND IT IS ALSO GOD WORKING INSIDE U IF U WERE TO DIE TODAY U WOULD BURN IN THE LAKE OF FIRE WHICH IS HELL BUT GOD SAVED U FROM HELL ALL U HAVE TO DO IS ACCEPT THE SALVATION THERE ARE NO WORKS TO EARN SALVATION IT IS A GIFT ALL U HAVE TO DO IS ACCEPT IT WE R STILL TALKING IF I REPEAT IF IM RIGHT THAT U WOULD BURN AFTER GOING ALL OF THIS KEEP IN MIND GOD WONT LET U GO TO HEAVEN IF UR NOT SAVED AND BEING A GOOD PERSON WONT SAVE U EITHER BECAUSE THE BIBLE SAYS "THERE ARE NONE RIGHTEOUS NO NOT ONE" DOES THIS CONCERN U I DONT EVEN KNOW U BUT I ALREADY CARE ABOUT U BECAUSE U R A LIVING SOUL GOD MADE IT POSSIBLE FOR U TO GO TO HEAVEN AND HE DID THAT BY SENDING HIS ONLY SON TO DIE FOR U BECAUSE HE LOVES U ALSO CHRISTIANITY ISNT A RELIGION ITS A WAY OF LIFE OR A VIEW OR JUST SOMETHING PEOPLE BELIEVE NOT NECCESARILY A RELIGION GOD LOVES U DO U LOVE HIM???? IF U WANT TO SAVE URSELF FROM HELL PRAY TO GOD FOR FORGIVENESS TELL HIM U WANT TO BE SAVED JUST KEEP THINKING IF IM RIGHT IF IM WRONG U GOT NOTHING TO LOSE BUT IF I AM RIGHT U HAVE EVERYTHING TO LOSE JUST KEEP THINKING BETTER SAFE THEN SORRY GO BLESS MERRY CHRISTMAS
  • Wudie1000 Alexand... 2012/01/18 09:00:05
  • breann 2011/09/14 04:43:44
    breann
    +1
    i want to kill myself, i just dont want to go to hell
  • Wudie1000 breann 2012/01/18 08:59:00
  • Pastor ... Wudie1000 2012/11/26 08:30:35
    Pastor Michael Johnston
    +6
    When you ask for forgiveness and receive the Holy Spirit within you aka becoming a Christian you are forgiven of all sins past, present and future. If you kill yourself and were to be damned for that then the cleansing blood of Christ wouldn't actually be cleansing and His sacrifice would be worthless. That being said none should take their life or the life of an innocent such as a baby in abortion as that is Gods decision to make not ours. The sin of suicide is just as bad as the sin of lust, lying, pride etc etc. There is only ONE thing that will damn anyone and that is the denial of Christ. If a person chooses not to worship Christ then they choose death and then it doesn't matter what sins they have or have not commited. Christ died for every sin...and He overcame death and through Him we all have that ability. A person can be a gay murderer that kills themselves and you will see them in HEAVEN if they had Christ in them. Most of the time when we accept Christ we leave the darkness behind but some return to their old ways and backslide but once saved always saved. That is by no means a license to sin but simply the understanding that He knows our heart and knows the only perfect person walked on water and died on a twisted tree over 2000 years ago. Christ be with you and yours. In Christ, Pastor Michael Johnston- Doctor of Theology and Ancient Biblical languages, Master of Christian Apologetics
  • genielamp breann 2013/04/16 00:41:12
    genielamp
    +1
    I agree with you. Life is horrible, and I hate living. I don't want to burn in hell for eternity.
  • blah 2011/09/05 00:12:19
    blah
    +1
    im only 15,female, 1 month after i turned 14 i was raped. i had never had sex before which made it worse because i was going to save myself. everyone at school found out, misunderstood, & i guess you could say "teased" me, lets just say people were ignorant and didn't understand the situation. a year later the man was eventually caught & when i found out i felt 10 pounds lighter, like i could breathe. so i figured i'd start feeling better about myself & not have to be paranoid knowing he was still out there. i also thought that my life would be easier & i could go back to being the bubbly outgoing person i was. well,not for long. i started 10th grade this year & it was going great, then everything went down hill in, about the third week of school guys started being jerkoffs & REALLY immature & me thinking that they was actually decent people they decided to tell people that i was a "stalker" which i still have not figured out,this happened friday its only sunday and i go back tuesday. i was also called a physco by one of the boys who called me a stalker by the way we was totally in love over the summer. i feel betrayed.... again. on top of that me & my mom dont really get along that well its not as bad but still i could do without. i just feel like my life needs to end, when does my ...&&
    &
    im only 15,female, 1 month after i turned 14 i was raped. i had never had sex before which made it worse because i was going to save myself. everyone at school found out, misunderstood, & i guess you could say "teased" me, lets just say people were ignorant and didn't understand the situation. a year later the man was eventually caught & when i found out i felt 10 pounds lighter, like i could breathe. so i figured i'd start feeling better about myself & not have to be paranoid knowing he was still out there. i also thought that my life would be easier & i could go back to being the bubbly outgoing person i was. well,not for long. i started 10th grade this year & it was going great, then everything went down hill in, about the third week of school guys started being jerkoffs & REALLY immature & me thinking that they was actually decent people they decided to tell people that i was a "stalker" which i still have not figured out,this happened friday its only sunday and i go back tuesday. i was also called a physco by one of the boys who called me a stalker by the way we was totally in love over the summer. i feel betrayed.... again. on top of that me & my mom dont really get along that well its not as bad but still i could do without. i just feel like my life needs to end, when does my happy streak come? i have been praying i went to church for awhile with a friend but that just sorta stopped but i kept up the praying & try to pray everynight. i know i probably shouldn't feel this bad becuase it's just boys, but you know,you get tired of it and want it to end. but its also more than that, who can i trust? i want it to end. i have done nothing wrong to deserve any of this and i still don't understand. if God wants me to do something i wish he would hurry up and give me a sign, i don't enjoy feeling...."depressed" i guess you could say because i miss the old me, but i havent been that girl since march 12 2010. i want to die, go to heaven, and just be with God forever i'm ready for that....i know killing is a sin & i seen on the internet taking your own is too but, why should i have to keep living through this... ?
    p.s. i'm living in the same house i have been since all this happened and when i go to my grandparents i feel like i should be...should i try & stay with them... ?
  • zechariah blah 2012/03/23 02:15:15
    zechariah
    +4
    I completely feel for you. I've never been raped, but i believe that you can give up that pain to God. God hasn't left you, maybe he knows that you aren't ready to give those memories to him. If you ever feel the ecstasy of God come over you. All of that pain will leave as well. I'm sorry if I have misspoken or offended you.
  • Pastor ... blah 2012/11/26 08:33:55
    Pastor Michael Johnston
    +8
    Always pray for the answers. I would highly suggest seeing a Christian counselor or speak to your pastor,reverend etc.or you may contact me by e-mail at TheCrossofCalvaryMinistries@L... In Christ, Pastor Michael Johnston
  • lollipop blah 2012/12/14 10:52:58
    lollipop
    +9
    I was teased on by a bunch of boys and girls and I wanted to hurt my self .. But god said he would not put to much on yu that you can not bare ... So believe in god and DON't KILL YOUr SELF
  • Rondell Thompson 2011/08/30 18:56:44
    Rondell Thompson
    I would probably say yes in all likelihood you would go to hell! The most common sense one for me is obviously you are harboring some really demented thoughts or sin in your life to even begin to bring you where you are. So I doubt God has any plans or desire to see you end your life. He gave you a gift and not a punishment. That's like someone handing you a million dollars, a BMW and a mansion and you saying "that's not good enough" do you know how selfish it would be. Or you don't equate how just totally cruel the act is in itself! Wow the little coward can't cope with life so he ends his life and hands all the pain to those who love him. Like people just like changing your diapers, dealing with your problems or whatever, after all they invested in you to just check out by your own accord-hate to tell you unless you are mentally ill my opinion is absolutely you would go to hell.
  • payton Rondell... 2013/03/15 05:09:56
    payton
    +1
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but as a Christian you should know that God is the only judge. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. And considering the fact you're not Jesus, don't cast any stones. "That's like someone handing you a BMW and you saying that's not good enough" Would this logic apply to anyone who has gotten plastic surgery to their body, that God created in His image? Or how about anyone who drives a car for that matter, are the feet God provided us with not good enough? If that were the case, everyone would go to Hell. And calling someone who is obviously in a very hard time in their life, a "little coward" is horrible! Committing suicide is a sin, because it is murder, however does that mean anyone who partakes in premarital sex is sent straight to hell? What about someone who lies, someone who is jealous, someone who is JUDGEMENTAL? are we all condemned to Hell. I think you're confusing your religion with Christianity. And ANYONE who would think of killing themselves is obviously mentally ill. They have different chemical reactions in their brain than normal. It is a sickness! I have asthma, lets hope I don't have an attack tonight and die because according to you I would be sent to Hell. And as far as handing other people pain, they are...
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but as a Christian you should know that God is the only judge. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. And considering the fact you're not Jesus, don't cast any stones. "That's like someone handing you a BMW and you saying that's not good enough" Would this logic apply to anyone who has gotten plastic surgery to their body, that God created in His image? Or how about anyone who drives a car for that matter, are the feet God provided us with not good enough? If that were the case, everyone would go to Hell. And calling someone who is obviously in a very hard time in their life, a "little coward" is horrible! Committing suicide is a sin, because it is murder, however does that mean anyone who partakes in premarital sex is sent straight to hell? What about someone who lies, someone who is jealous, someone who is JUDGEMENTAL? are we all condemned to Hell. I think you're confusing your religion with Christianity. And ANYONE who would think of killing themselves is obviously mentally ill. They have different chemical reactions in their brain than normal. It is a sickness! I have asthma, lets hope I don't have an attack tonight and die because according to you I would be sent to Hell. And as far as handing other people pain, they are not in their right state of mind. They are SICK! Comments like these are why so many people turn away from God. They feel like if they're not a perfect person then they are not worthy and are being judged while trying to hear and understand the word of God. The point of Christianity is to accept God in your heart, accept Jesus as your savior and spread the gospel and try to ENCOURAGE people. Not judge them and tell them their actions will send them straight to Hell.
  • gwells15 2011/04/06 00:32:34
    gwells15
    I'm only 15 I'm still a kid . I'm not a gothic kid I'm actually an outgoing jock but I have made some decisions that got me stuck and I don't know what to think because I don't want to go to Hell so I can't get a clear answer
  • Pastor ... gwells15 2012/11/26 08:38:24
    Pastor Michael Johnston
    +7
    Are you a Christian...I don't mean do you go to church or any of the simple motions. I mean truly a Christian? Email me at my ministry at TheCrossofCalvaryMinistries@L... and let's talk about it all. I believe I can help shed some light on the subject. In Christ , Pastor Michael Johnston - Doctor of Theology and Ancient Biblical Language, Master of Christian Apologetics
  • AbbyNicholas 2011/03/28 02:22:57
    AbbyNicholas
    i've been contemplating suicide myself, and i've been asking the internet the same thing, thats how i got here.
    it seems that a lot of people think that it depends on why you do it and if you have an illness such as depression. say, if you kill yourself because you get a bad hair cut, then thats not gonna be a ticked to heaven.
    and others think you'll be reencarnated into a new life, almost as if god is giving you a second chance.
    and what else you do in life i guess helps with the decision, do you do drugs, do you go to church, do you get good grades, cut yourself, ect.
  • Hintofbutane 2011/02/27 10:38:27
  • BRYAN Hintofb... 2011/12/13 20:47:02
    BRYAN
    +1
    atually i has nothing to do with suicid eit whether u die saved or not sampson pulled coloums over him and is in Heaven but judas iscariot is in hell because he did not repent of his sin before hanging himsel the question is are u saved read my other replys to find out there a few test in which u can be sure
  • Pastor ... BRYAN 2012/11/26 08:40:02
    Pastor Michael Johnston
    +10
    Judas is in Hell because he denied Christ when he betrayed Him. He chose Satan over Christ.
  • livinia 2011/02/26 06:34:42
    livinia
    i dont know whathappens. i want to die so bad. i constantly think about committing suicide. i have nothing to live for...litterally. do i want to go to hell? gosh no. i want to go to heaven. my family hates me, and i have absolutly no friends. i'm 25 years old. idont want any help either. i just want to end this miserable life once and for all
  • sam livinia 2011/05/15 02:08:41
  • lady livinia 2012/10/08 07:57:28
    lady
    +3
    I'm also 25 will be 26 next month. I have no friends, no family that can or will help. Anyways I tried to kill myself when I was 19 I lived because God wanted me to live long story short I found out I belong to him and that I was put on earth to do a task for Jesus
  • lady lady 2012/10/08 07:58:25
    lady
    +2
    I took 38 pills by the way
  • lady livinia 2012/10/08 08:09:10
    lady
    +1
    I took 38 pills by the way
  • xxxsimp1ymexxx 2010/10/25 02:15:06
    xxxsimp1ymexxx
    +1
    i believe that you will not go to hell if you believe and love Jesus Christ.
    i've talked about this to a friend before and i believe that it depends on your relationship with God.
    however, your last act would be murder--the murder of yourself. and that is a sin. however, sin is completely forgivable if you ask forgiveness. =]
    i suppose it's just all up to God.
    i say ask a pastor or a trusted Christian friend (if any?).

i hope that you don't actually want to commit suicide and that you're just worrying if you go to hell or not. God is here no matter what. don't give up!
  • KeithShannon 2010/06/05 23:31:02
    KeithShannon
    +3
    i want to die so does it make me going to hell i dont know

2014/07/24 15:38:24