If the Health Care Act is shot down in court will you be a burden on the tax payers by not having Health Insurance?

antiteaparty 2012/03/29 16:34:03
The Health Care Act will survive
I hope the HCA will be shot down so I can screw myself and everyone else
I will never get sick or hurt so I will never need Insurance
I have a job and therefore I will always have Insurance
I have Insurance so screw everyone that don't, not my concern
Many people don't have Health Insurance and if ACA is ruled unconstitutional will you become a low life that won't have Insurance and when you need to go to the Hospital will the Tax Payers be stuck with your bill? Or will you end up going bankrupt because you can't pay your medical bills and again become a burden on the rest of us?

Yeah and don't say I have Health Care through my work so I will always be covered because you can't predict that the company you work for won't fire you or close the doors and that would leave you without Insurance and a burden on everyone... Also just imagine if you had a preexisting condition before you were let go and you can't get insurance with a new company...

No one in these times can say I will never get sick or injured... and when you do without insurance you then become a burden on everyone else!

• Ali ~ In My Heart I Trust ~ 2012/03/30 00:59:39
    The Health Care Act will survive
    Ali ~ In My Heart I Trust ~
    +3
    And if it doesn't, it will be time to revisit universal health care which is what Congress should have acted upon in the first place.
  • Sir Bud. 2012/03/29 23:41:46
    Sir Bud.
    +4
    ..just like the Conservatives.In fact lets just forget insurance altogether!.If we have an accident or need medical attention,which is very unlikely anyway,either we have the cash or we don't.If ya dont,bad luck and die!.And while we are at it,lets scrap car insurance too as the same thing applies here as well.Whats the difference!?.Insurance is stupid and a rip off-anybody with a reasonable level of intelligence knows that and knows why!.LOL.
  • antitea... Sir Bud. 2012/03/29 23:45:59
    antiteaparty
    +2
    I love it! Die if you're poor and make less than 6 figures!
  • Sir Bud. antitea... 2012/03/30 01:08:17
    Sir Bud.
    +2
    Yep!.All we need to promote the general welfare and living quality of the nation is to promote the rich and ditch the poor,period!
  • C. C. R... Sir Bud. 2012/04/02 19:09:50
    C. C. Rider
    +2
    So THAT is what ole Failin Pailin meant by "Death Panals" LOL LOL
  • Sir Bud. C. C. R... 2012/04/03 00:04:08
    Sir Bud.
    +2
    Yep,it was rumored that she wanted that as one of her campaign slogans.."Promote the Rich and Ditch the Poor"(But mind you-leaving out"its their own fault anyway").LOL.
  • luvguins 2012/03/29 22:01:22
    The Health Care Act will survive
    luvguins
    +4
    With right activist judges like Scalia and Thomas bribed by the Koch brothers it could fail leaving 30 million uninsured, and higher premiums for those with current health insurance. Greedy health insurance companies will not lose money either way. They will make sure of that especially if they go back to their old practices. Hospitals will lose more money and some will fold eventually. Health care workers will then lose their jobs furthering unemployment. Not a pretty picture.
  • antitea... luvguins 2012/03/29 22:04:37
    antiteaparty
    +5
    I hope every person that fights against this if it falls get screwed by their own stupidity!
  • luvguins antitea... 2012/03/29 22:20:46
    luvguins
    +3
    They will, and too bad they are blind to this.
  • antitea... luvguins 2012/03/29 22:22:52
    antiteaparty
    +4
    People are so stupid because they are blinded by their racism....
  • Wilde~MoonChild ™ 2012/03/29 21:32:57
    The Health Care Act will survive
    Wilde~MoonChild ™
    +2
    I dont know if it will survive.. the conservative judges arent even going to read the bill...ridiculous... Do your freaking job!?!?!
  • Meako 2012/03/29 20:36:58
    The Health Care Act will survive
    Meako
    +4
    Yes, I will have NO coverage.
  • antitea... Meako 2012/03/29 21:02:58
    antiteaparty
    +4
    For people like you I really hope they don't do a party Line Vote at the SC....
  • HL 2012/03/29 19:48:31
    The Health Care Act will survive
    HL
    +4
    These RW Dumbazzes think that the situation they have will always be. I think you will find out you leaders DGAF about you!
  • C. C. Rider 2012/03/29 18:26:38 (edited)
    The Health Care Act will survive
    C. C. Rider
    +7
    HA! IF the cons are screaming now WAIT until they have to pay for the thousands and thousands that have or about to loose their insurance. They better PRAY it passes. http://indiedesign.typepad.co... http://weaselzippers.us/wp-co... grayson die soon
  • Philo-Publius 2012/03/29 17:21:01
  • antitea... Philo-P... 2012/03/29 17:33:29
    antiteaparty
    +4
    Ok but if the Massacussets law is constitutional then why not this law? You say that people will not be able to pay for both food and Health Ins but there is a provission that gives poor the money to get health care... Yes I don't understand why the right is fighting their own bill except they have made a determanation that what ever Obama wants they are against... Even bills they introduce as soon as Obama says good they bail on the bill that they themselves sponsered... It's called Right Wing insanity!

This bill is far from perfect but it's better than the current system...

Universal Health Care is what this country needs and needs now!
  • Philo-P... antitea... 2012/03/29 17:57:33
    Philo-Publius
    +3
    I agree with you strongly on Universal Health Care. I liked your comments below, too, and after reading them, I see we are in close agreement on most points.

The Massachusetts law is a state law, which is not reliant upon the specific federal constitutional clauses under consideration by the SC, such as the Commerce Clause. I don't know that that necessarily makes Massachusetts' law constitutional though. I'm not a fan of mandates even statewide and would oppose them, too, but I do recognize the states have broader powers over their own citizens.

The ACA provision you mention to help the poor get health care potentially does soften the harshness of the individual mandate - I'd agree it makes it slightly less egregious. I also realize getting the American public on board with Universal Health Care is an uphill fight. I see mandates to buy private insurance as counterproductive to getting there, but I've also noted elsewhere that, should the mandate here, in this instance, be overturned, the fight for single-payer will be helped, not hurt. Fox News now agrees: http://www.foxnews.com/opinio...
  • antitea... Philo-P... 2012/03/29 18:17:45
    antiteaparty
    +3
    I really don't know why every employer in this country doesn't push for Universal Health Care. That would save them collectivly Trillions of dollars by not having to pay Health Care costs....

Now for mandates... The Government mandates SS and Medicare payments and that's Consitutional.... They also once mandated Conscription and they mandates that all Men over the age of 18 registar for selective service.... So mandates by the Federal Government isn't unconstitutional...

A salution for this all is if this fails, Obama could expand Medicare to those that make under x amount of money and allow people to join it or not but if you don't have insurence then you can't declare bankruptcy for medical costs and make them collectable for life...
  • Sir Bud. Philo-P... 2012/03/29 23:54:08
    Sir Bud.
    +3
    "many of whom will be forced to make tough choices between paying for health insurance and putting food on the table.".If that is true,then explain to me why 99% of Germans are covered,Germany is the leading economic power in Western Europe and starvation is not an issue?.Insurance contributions is paid according to each individuals financial situation.Those earning less,pay less,those earning more pay more.Those who cant pay are covered by the Government-resulting in probably one of the best national medical standards and service in general in the world.
  • Philo-P... Sir Bud. 2012/03/30 00:36:56
    Philo-Publius
    +2
    Let me just start off by saying, I advocate single-payer, and that my disagreement with the PPACA lies in my belief that it did not go far enough; that the individual mandate was the wrong way to go about inching toward single payer (had the PPACA included the public option in its final version - which passed the House - I would have perhaps felt better about it).

It's very clear that during the 2008 campaign and prior, Obama disliked the mandate concept (he said solving the health care problem by mandating people buy insurance made about as much sense as solving the housing problem by mandating that everybody buy a home), and here's a tape of him saying that, lest anyone think I'm making this up: http://nation.foxnews.com/hea... Our president made a concession - I'm not upset with him over it; it's politics, and it will still help a lot of people overall - but he made a concession to accept this Republican mandate idea, in order to get as much as he could that liberals wanted. (Inexplicably, once this was picked up by liberals, conservatives turned and decried it - that makes no sense to me either, but that's what happened.)

Whom I was referring to above when I mentioned the choice between food and health premiums some may have to make (and I probably could have been clearer ...

Whom I was referring to above when I mentioned the choice between food and health premiums some may have to make (and I probably could have been clearer - I apologize if I wasn't) was a) people who may be in transition, in pay, in job, in life circumstance, which the provisions in the Act may not have accounted for, and b) the much larger number of people - potentially - who could face hardship as premiums rise if (as per the author's premise) the mandate is struck down by the court.

I'm totally with you and the author in principle, I just don't like this mandate, and people seem to forget the mandate was the brainchild of the Heritage Foundation and that Gingrich had a hand in its conceptualization and selling to the American public. It's a conservative idea, in my mind, not a liberal one.
  • Sir Bud. Philo-P... 2012/03/30 01:26:06
    Sir Bud.
    +3
    Ignoring the Fox News Tape,I will still take your word that it is true.Conservatives and Liberals alike over here just cannot believe or understand what a fuss and problem is being made out of this.Its so simple in my opinion too.

Avoiding therefore to slip into fine detail and complicated arguments;

The more people who believe that when they work that they also work for their country-the less problems and the higher the general quality of living for all.United we stand-divided we fall.
  • Sir Bud. Philo-P... 2012/03/30 01:43:37
    Sir Bud.
    +3
    Perhaps you may find some "ideas" here;

The German social security system covers unemployment, health, pension, sickness, and carer's insurance, as well as maternity benefits and child allowances and is funded by contributions from the employed, employers and self-employed as well as the state, in four insurance schemes:

* Health insurance (Krankenversicherung)
    * Unemployment insurance (Arbeitslosenversicherung)
    * Nursing care insurance (Pflegeversicherung)
    * Pension insurance (Rentenversicherung)

The people covered are:

* Employed persons (including apprentices)
    * Most self-employed persons
    * Carers for children under the age of three
    * Recipients of social benefits (for example unemployment benefit)
    * Conscripted soldiers or those doing community service instead of military service.
    http://berlin.angloinfo.com/c...
  • Philo-P... Sir Bud. 2012/03/30 01:47:07
    Philo-Publius
    +2
    I like what I'm reading so far - these seem like good models to look to. I very much appreciate the added info, my friend.
  • Sir Bud. Philo-P... 2012/03/30 01:55:19
    Sir Bud.
    +2
    If I may suggest-because up to now that is one of the best and concise sources of explanations of a good example of a successful system-I would save that page for future reference.There are problems and issues arising recently,but lets save that for"a rainy day"!.
  • Grabitz 2012/03/29 16:59:37
    Grabitz
    Ever wonder why it cost $200 for an aspirin at the hospital ?
  • antitea... Grabitz 2012/03/29 17:34:32
    antiteaparty
    +4
    Because so many people don't have insurance and they have to cover their costs somehow.... And without this bill that will get worse...
  • Grabitz antitea... 2012/03/29 18:10:20
    Grabitz
    +1
    Why is it Michigan people are so wise ?
  • antitea... Grabitz 2012/03/29 18:41:42
    antiteaparty
    +4
    Because it's so freaking cold here in the winter and all we have to do is think and educate ourselves during the winter!
  • antiteaparty 2012/03/29 16:42:52
    The Health Care Act will survive
    antiteaparty
    +5
    I like many things in this law like not allowing insurance companies to deny coverage because you had a health issue before but I think this act could have gone much further and give us Universal Health Care so we don't have to go Bankrupt and lose everything we worked so hard to build all our lives just because we have a health problem... universal health care
  • Mel antitea... 2012/03/29 16:52:53
    Mel
    Do you also know since this has started many companies have dropped insurance all together for employees because it's cheaper to pay a penalty then it is to ensure them, you can have all the regulations you want and changes, employers will always find a way to get around it.
  • antitea... Mel 2012/03/29 16:54:38
    antiteaparty
    +4
    That's why Universal Health Care is a must... But with that said do you have proof that companies are doing that for that reason?
  • Sir Bud. Mel 2012/03/29 23:59:05
    Sir Bud.
    +1
    I guess those companies have queues a mile long outside wanting to work for such companies?.
  • antitea... Sir Bud. 2012/03/30 00:03:52 (edited)
    antiteaparty
    +1
    If they exist I'm sure everyone wants to work for them... LOL

Notice Mel didn't provide proof....
  • Sir Bud. antitea... 2012/03/30 01:10:42
  • Mel antitea... 2012/03/30 17:48:25
    Mel
    You like to stir up the pot don't you? I haven't been online after that post is why.

juii
  • antitea... Mel 2012/03/31 12:54:39
    antiteaparty
    +1
    Bull... I seen you on several times
  • Mel antitea... 2012/03/31 13:54:29
    Mel
    I think you just like stirring up trouble guy, it's very obvious by your post. Take a hike loser, I'm done with you.
  • antitea... Mel 2012/03/31 12:58:54 (edited)
    antiteaparty
    +1
    By the way that's not proof that they've already done it like you claimed... It also said that employers would add more compensation... You're done because you got shot down... shot down
  • Ali ~ I... antitea... 2012/03/30 01:05:35
    Ali ~ In My Heart I Trust ~
    +2
    I agree. Universal Health Care cuts out the (expensive) middleman - the insurance guy. They won't go broke; they still have cars and houses and lives and supplemental premiums on which to batten down on the rest of us.

2014/10/02 05:32:22