If the Federal government were able to develop a way to make individuals voluntarily opt in to a program that would collect vast amounts of public and private personal information, would you join?

~ The Rebel ~ 2012/07/16 16:42:45

It’s likely that you already have.

The social networking site Facebook has 900 million registered accounts throughout the world. These accounts include profiles for businesses, government organizations and individuals, who are perpetually posting details about their location and lifestyle. The social networking site feels to most people like an innocent way to keep in touch with family, friends and past acquaintances; but beneath its innocent veneer, a privacy nightmare lurks.

The most recent story about privacy and Facebook presents a catch-22 whereby the public must consider whether it is more important to be secure in one’s private correspondence or to give up that privacy in an effort to combat crimes against humanity

Read More: http://personalliberty.com/2012/07/16/terror-perve...

• Dave0626 2012/07/16 18:17:45
    Dave0626
    +1
    [....It is unknown whether the company could change its role to become more involved in crime prevention regarding less serious matters, or even a kind of dragnet for something akin to the “thoughtcrime” discussed in George Orwell’s dystopian classic 1984.....]

But I do think that's the whole point of it all....A BB society is the goal of The New World Order........

george orwells dystopian classic 1984 bb society goal world order

Personally, I think ALL social Internet media is controlled. Example, on this site SodaHead, I recently answered a question about some starlet and her pregnancy. I stated something like "Fine, as long as she doesn't name the kid 'Sunshine' or 'Aftermath'!" ...Well, the word 'Aftermath' was shortened to 'Aft'....And no matter how many times I tried to edit is to say 'Aftermath' ...It came up as 'Aft'....
    'Newspeak' ...has arrived!
  • Bingo's Faddah 2012/07/16 17:16:19
    Bingo's Faddah
    +2
    Considering the number of surveillance cameras in your cities and that even Google (R) watches what you do, it's already far too late to opt out! Someone other that you and I know I posted this.
  • ~ The Rebel ~ 2012/07/16 16:51:49
    ~ The Rebel ~
    +1
    The company currently operates software that monitors chats and posts for indications of criminal activity among its users. When the scanning software flags a suspicious chat exchange, it notifies Facebook security employees, who can then determine if police should be notified. It is not clear whether the scanned chats are permanently logged by Facebook.

http://personalliberty.com/20...
  • HarleyCharley 2012/07/16 16:45:04
    HarleyCharley
    +3
    it's big brother...

2014/09/17 05:33:13