If God hates homosexuality so much, why isnt it a commandment?

the Supreme 2013/01/28 04:58:46
Related Topics: God, Homosexuality, Hell
If God was so offended by homosexuality that he will send you to hell and wont forgive you for it why isnt it a commandment? Riddle me this one. There are ten commandments which are the rules god told moses to tell us to follow he caste them in stone. If homosexuality pissed him off so much and its the most disgusting sin why didnt God make it a commandment. Thou shalt not make love to someone of the same gender.

• Straud1976 2013/01/28 10:23:38
    Straud1976
    +10
    The Bible is a farce and not any "God's" word. The old saying "Funny how your God hates all the same people you do is very appropriate.

• ian.loren 2013/02/15 19:40:54
    ian.loren
    There's that famous line "Man shall not lay with man as he does with woman...it's an abomination" i think the only reason "He" says that is you can't make children that way(well not yet anyway)..
  • the Sup... ian.loren 2013/02/15 20:05:08
    the Supreme
    +1
    it also says dont eat shellfish or get haircuts
  • Stix 2013/02/15 18:58:39
    Stix
    God doesn't hate anyone. You have completely misrepresented what the bible says about homosexuals. God says to hate the sin, not the sinner. Homosexuality is a sin, but God offers forgiveness to all sinners who seek it...
  • the Sup... Stix 2013/02/15 20:05:36
    the Supreme
    +1
    why is this the particular sin you protest most when i've never seen a picket outside a red lobster
  • Stix the Sup... 2013/02/15 21:35:13 (edited)
    Stix
    This SIN has been push on us over the last 10 years like no time before in history...hollywood and the left are trying very hard to normalize homosexuality in our society to break down conservative family values and religion...perverted behaviour, homosexuality, single motherhood, porn and other trash are being broadcasted and promoted every day by the left in their effort to "fundamentaly change America."
  • the Sup... Stix 2013/02/15 22:27:32
    the Supreme
    +1
    no we on the left want you to back up and get out of our business. single motherhood?! get off your high horse
  • Stix the Sup... 2013/02/16 00:45:01
    Stix
    Tell that to the 75% of black babies who have no father in the home and most are doomed to a life of poverty and crime. You liberals are the cause of most of the world's misery...I noticed that you completely side stepped my comment about hollywood, the left and why they are pushing the gay agenda.
  • the Sup... Stix 2013/02/16 01:06:21
    the Supreme
    +1
    pushing a gay agenda?! more like pushing an egenda to make you back off there wouldntt be a need for the lgbt community tro stand and fight if you weretn trying to push them down and stay out of their bedrooms, stay out of their business and my business and there wont be a need to stand up
  • Stix the Sup... 2013/02/16 18:30:38 (edited)
    Stix
    No problem, leave MARRIAGE alone...go find your own institution for gay unions and leave marriage alone...you are the ones causing all the problems. and again, you fail to meet my challenge of facts...
  • the Sup... Stix 2013/02/16 18:47:05 (edited)
    the Supreme
    +1
    no STAY OUT OF MY ROOM. You're the ones causing this

what facts have you challenged me with? You're bashing single mothers? yet you'd be pissed if she chose to get an abortion, you cant have it both ways... Thats like having your cake and eating it too... If you're gonna complain about killing a fetus then you can't complain about single mothers or if you're gonna complain about paying for kids to eat with your tax dollars(which is so very christian of you), then you cant get pissed about women getting abortions. However I see how that effects your wallet but what I fail to see is how 2 men or 2 women getting it on in their house effects you... IT DOESNT. btw I'm not a lesbian but if I was why should you get a say in who i share a bed with? I cant tell you what to do in your bed so stay out of my bed thats what this whole gay marriage issue is really all about. You cant tell others what they can or cant do because you dont like it
  • the Sup... Stix 2013/02/16 19:47:17
    the Supreme
    +1
    America is changing all on its own hollywood is just rolling with the tide. Hollywood doesnt have as much power ofver your life as you think... They want to make money if making movies about backward hicks from the midwest then thats what they're gonna do. Hollywood actors and actresses have always been liberal but so what? they're people and they're allowed their opinions just like your allowed yours but that doesnt mean you can actually go in controll what i do in my bedroom you DO NOT have that right. BTW nanananahahahaha I see you're from washington and gues what your own people voted to give marriage rights to gays and lesbians and people can smoke reefer freely and theres nothing you can do about it because your own people voted for it
  • John 2013/02/15 18:22:04
    John
    +2
    Here is the problem as I see it. Christians have blind faith in the bible without any proof of its validity. The book was written by word of mouth over a three-hundred year period commencing thirty years after the death of Christ. That fact, in its self, makes the accuracy and authenticity of the book questionable. Is it reasonable that a book authorized by King James or the Catholic Church could have been written without any agenda? Does the fact that the powers of the time made the claim that the bible was the unquestionable word of God enough to make it believable? If anyone made similar claims today, would we take them seriously?

I think there is enough written in the bible condemning homosexuality to explain the Christian stand against it. However, the basis of their belief is paper thin when put up against the compassionate and logical mind, especially when considering its very questionable source.
  • Elbuscus 2013/02/15 06:31:02
    Elbuscus
    "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength."
    and it is a commandment, not mentioned in Exodus 20 with the famous "10 Commandments", but it is indeed a commandment from Leviticus. God destroyed an entire city because of the homosexuality there. if there's a God with that kind of power and passion.. I'd do my best not to piss Him off.
    it's the solid truth, people. No more, no less, and I'm not here to sugar coat anything. God is a jealous God and He is just. The wicked will pass away and burn eternally in hell for their sins. it's sad, but true.
  • the Sup... Elbuscus 2013/02/15 06:33:44
    the Supreme
    +2
    the people of sodom gangraped 2 angels, ANGELS! If it pisses god off so much why hasnt he done anything about it in the last 1000 years why are there no more god wrath stories
  • Elbuscus the Sup... 2013/02/15 06:36:00
    Elbuscus
    read Revelation... wish there didn't have to be more, but this world is fallen, and it'll get what's coming :(
  • the Sup... Elbuscus 2013/02/15 06:37:05
    the Supreme
    +3
    that was written to scare people as stupid as you into believing so you'll give the church money
  • Elbuscus the Sup... 2013/02/15 06:40:14
    Elbuscus
    God bless you.

I know God is glorified in this conversation, so thank you.
  • the Sup... Elbuscus 2013/02/15 06:42:32
    the Supreme
    +3
    the book was written to scare people into believing thats why it says the earth is gonna have a grim ending anything else and people wouldnt give them money and they'd be powerless
  • Elbuscus the Sup... 2013/02/16 01:33:16
    Elbuscus
    who? my pastor Jakey? my pastor Rob who's like a dad to me? I agree with you in some respects, there are churches out there that are in it just for the money, and they will have their punishment... I'm sorry if you've been wronged or your family or friends have been wronged by the church.
  • the Sup... Elbuscus 2013/02/16 02:01:53
    the Supreme
    +1
    I dont foresee an intellegent conversation with you in the near future so i must bid you adieu, and go ahead and block you
  • The Aging Yankee Liberal Do... 2013/02/15 06:20:01 (edited)
    The Aging Yankee Liberal Douche
    +3
    good question. i think thats something conservatives made up for their own intolerance and bigotry.
  • the Sup... The Agi... 2013/02/15 06:28:44
    the Supreme
    +3
    its what they use to justify their intolerance and bigotry but when its not convenient for them they ignore it
  • Car1u5~... The Agi... 2013/02/15 16:43:22
    Car1u5~PWCM~JLA
    Not at all conservative are that way I am gnostic not racist and consider myself conservative.
    And the kkk was started by democrats so whats that tell you?
  • the Sup... Car1u5~... 2013/02/15 17:34:28
    the Supreme
    +2
    all those southern democrats are now republicans
  • Car1u5~... the Sup... 2013/02/15 17:37:09 (edited)
    Car1u5~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    I am willing to buy that but either way just because you are conservative does not meen you are homophobic or racist.
  • the Sup... Car1u5~... 2013/02/15 18:25:34
    the Supreme
    +2
    I'll give you that but a lot of racism and homophobia today is from the right and its all from the "christians" who arent really what christians are supposed to be but they'll hide behind it out of fear and guilt
  • Car1u5~... the Sup... 2013/02/15 18:28:51
    Car1u5~PWCM~JLA
    I completely agree with that christians definately donot practice what they preach. Some do but when you are talking about them as a whole definately not.
  • the Sup... Car1u5~... 2013/02/15 18:31:23
    the Supreme
    +1
    I've met a few real christians who actually dont cast stones and do volunteer to help the homeless and thats not the majority. If there was no fear of eternal hellfire the almost nobody would be christian
  • Car1u5~... the Sup... 2013/02/15 18:35:06
    Car1u5~PWCM~JLA
    My whole family is one step away from being those crazy people that pray with snakes believing god will keep it from biting them. Even if there is a god he still probabley would let you get bit by a snake stupidity comes into play somehere.
  • the Sup... Car1u5~... 2013/02/15 20:06:11
    the Supreme
    +1
    yeah i bet god gets his kkicks from that
  • Stix the Sup... 2013/02/15 21:27:11
    Stix
    Another left winged lie...you have really drunk the cool aid of the left.. The real racist are people like Al Sharpton, Jessie jackson, Maxien Waters and Barack Obama
  • the Sup... Stix 2013/02/15 22:28:06
    the Supreme
    I'm sure barack just hates his white mama
  • Stix the Sup... 2013/02/16 00:49:37
    Stix
    Obama is a racist...
  • the Sup... Stix 2013/02/16 01:06:49
    the Supreme
    +1
    towards who? hes half white
  • Stix the Sup... 2013/02/15 19:09:54 (edited)
  • the Sup... Stix 2013/02/15 20:07:56
    the Supreme
    +1
    but sociallly all those democrats would be repugs today. It was also california democrats who fought for civil rights in the south. As the christians started backing the republican party then the parties switched because christians used to back th democrat party
  • Stix the Sup... 2013/02/15 21:22:12
  • the Sup... Stix 2013/02/15 22:29:46
    the Supreme
    +1
    if a republican gets behind an african american its to serve their interest and to make them look non racist which you are. I dont want to hear anymore about southern democrats from the 50s because you damn well know they have the same positions as republicans today
  • The Agi... Car1u5~... 2013/02/16 18:55:32
    The Aging Yankee Liberal Douche
    +2
    Not all conservatives are. But I just dont understand why they have a problem with something that doesnt have an effect on anyone. The solution for not agreeing with gay marriage is dont get one.
  • the Sup... The Agi... 2013/02/16 19:40:30
    the Supreme
    +1
    EXACTLY! They think this issue effects them directly because they dont like it they act like they have something at stake when they dont if you have lesbian neighbors who are doing their own thing in their house how does that effect them? I dont get it

2014/07/25 16:01:37