If dogs could talk, what would they say?

Chico 2009/06/10 14:18:22
I think they would wonder how we have "abused" their loyalty by being so irresponsible in so many ways?
I think they would wonder why we pick leaders who don't deserve us! (they don't have a choice!)
I think they would wonder why so many of us just take their undying loyalty for granted?
I think they now would say "Don't spend money you don't have! Even 'we' know better than that!
I think they would just say "when I come back you will see what loyalty AND husbandry are all about!
Other (please elucidate)
I always wondered about this. They are some of my best freinds on this rock, and I don't think I'm alone in that!

They are so loyal, stoic, etc.....But what if all of a sudden they could express their feelings, what do you think they would have to say?

• bookworm42 2009/06/10 14:28:11 (edited)
    Other (please elucidate)
    bookworm42
    +10
    I don't think that they would care about those other things.

My dog seems to think about food, the ball, licking herself, her bone, and of course food. Oh and, "Pay attention to ME! Not those cats!" Although she likes them she gets pretty jelouse.

• Civic Minded 2009/06/16 20:20:39
    Other (please elucidate)
    Civic Minded
    +1
    Will you please play with me?

Yesterday there was a yellow lab across the street so I couldn't walk my two dogs. I went to check its tag and discovered it lived just outside the neighborhood, a block away. The dog accompanied me back to its property. While I checked to see if his master was home (they weren't) he brought me his fetch stick. I tossed it a couple times and then went to see if I could put the dog in the yard behind their fence. Along came a chocolate lab and another was on the other side of the fence. No chance to contain the three! So, I started to walk up the drive to go home with the two labs following me. I got them to sit and tried to get them to stay. They followed me to my home. I went inside and a few minutes later opened the door to find the yellow lab's fetch stick on my door mat.
  • charlie Civic M... 2009/07/09 14:43:00
    charlie
    you now have a friend for life i know mine stays by my side even at work which is good because I work for my husband but they will be back they never for get and they do understand english
  • i812 2009/06/13 12:32:59
    Other (please elucidate)
    i812
    i think i'll lay here just a little longer.
  • barkbark-247 2009/06/13 06:22:08
    Other (please elucidate)
    barkbark-247
    All of the above.... If we don't change things we will LOOSE it all......
  • Gorky 2009/06/12 20:29:01
    Other (please elucidate)
    Gorky
    +1
    Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,..........I can lick myself and you can't.......... elucidate hahahaha lick
  • jenica 2009/06/12 19:31:30
    Other (please elucidate)
    jenica
    +2
    i think they would say give me a chance elucidate chance
  • dfm 2009/06/12 19:19:35
    Other (please elucidate)
    dfm
    +2
    @#%$# you fetch it yourself
  • jenica dfm 2009/06/12 19:33:23
    jenica
    +3
    that's probably true Lol
  • lurx: the soda jerk 2009/06/12 19:12:55
    Other (please elucidate)
    lurx: the soda jerk
  • RacheallRenaissance<33 2009/06/12 19:07:46
    Other (please elucidate)
    RacheallRenaissance<33
    +1
    omg a squirrel
  • Country 2009/06/12 18:36:11 (edited)
    Other (please elucidate)
    Country
    Well, I love animals and I think if they could talk they would let their owners know when they are hot, cold, hungry, thirsty, when they are in physical pain, to their owners that don't realize those kinds of things. They would ask why some let them roam loose where they could get hit, stolen, or lost. I think they would tell owners that even though they don't show pain like we do that they still have feelings so to please take care of them because they ask for so little and give so much. I think they would tell owners to pay attention to those ingredients in pet foods like they do in human foods :) For the ones that pay attention to the ingredients in human food that is!
  • ++evanescence++ 2009/06/12 16:49:13
    Other (please elucidate)
    ++evanescence++
    +1
    gimme food
  • cher 2009/06/12 16:28:10
    Other (please elucidate)
    cher
    +1
    "are you going to eat the rest of that?"
    Other (please elucidate)
    +1
    i think they would say jus throw me a bone and leave me alone (if abused)
  • munineye 2009/06/12 15:13:34
    Other (please elucidate)
    munineye
    +1
    I think they would say, "Ball? Ball! Baaaaaallll!" or, depending on the dog, "Food! Foodfoodgoodfoodyay!"
  • camomile 2009/06/12 13:50:57
    Other (please elucidate)
    camomile
    hurray...im free!!!!!oways treat me like a fools....now im free...i can actually talks like a human!!!!HAHAHA...oh u cant stop me now.....hahhhaaaaa
  • RipperJ 2009/06/12 12:57:07
    Other (please elucidate)
    RipperJ
    +1
    I don't care what she said. It never happen and you never can prove it.
  • munineye RipperJ 2009/06/12 15:14:22
    munineye
    You don't know that. You can't know the future.
  • Vova 2009/06/12 12:29:35
    Other (please elucidate)
    Vova
    "Squirrel!" as on new cinematic release- "UP" lol
  • eric 2009/06/12 09:52:09
    Other (please elucidate)
    eric
    +2
    why cant i catch this thing?!?!?!
    elucidate catch
  • Hula girl - Friends not Fol... 2009/06/12 09:49:06
    Other (please elucidate)
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +3
    They do talk...you might not be listening. Mine talk all the time. We know what they are saying. We know when they are just asking about our day. They talk about how much they miss us while we just went outside for a few minutes. Ours lick their lips and give us a smile when they would like a little taste of what we are cooking or eating. It's a direct look and their little voice just asking could I have a taste please.

They come on to our laps and snuggle and just want loves. They have been very clear with everything they say and they talk not bark. They only bark is when someone new is coming to the door for a moment of warning, the rest of the time they talk and we understand.
  • Slamdtruck 2009/06/12 09:07:24
    Other (please elucidate)
    Slamdtruck
    they would say "who the hell do you think you are??? I have to sit and give you my paw, or speak in order to get a treat?!?!? Who do you think you are to tell me I can't eat what you did not finish and threw in the garbage?!?!? Who are you to tell me shut up? Why is it that you feed me dry crunchy crappy tasting food, when i give you love.. But you can fix yourself a nice tasting meal and not have to affectionate to me?!?!?
  • Peaches 2009/06/12 06:39:51 (edited)
    Other (please elucidate)
    Peaches
    +1
    Please love me based on the content of my character, not the color of my fir. Woof. Woof.
    Can I have a treat now?
  • mzemma 2009/06/12 04:31:03
    I think they would wonder how we have "abused" their loyalty by being so irre...
    mzemma
    +1
    I only choose this answer because I had a Rottweiler.. I loved her dearly and was very sad when she passed at age 15. She was very intelligent.. like a five year old.. or an adult.. She knew hand signals and was already trained so very well when I got her at age five; so well, I was afraid I'd mess up her training. But she never wavered. Two example she would never rush past you going up or down step .. but always by your side. She would hesitate before going through a doorway until you said.. "it's okay.. go ahead and go".. Never wavered! There was so much more to her training and intelligence.. it would take a small book to elaborate.. and of course, I'm not bias at all! I firmly believe most people do not realize a dog's potential. I believe we get back what we put into them.. much like people. If I talked rough to her and demanding she became subborn.. so I quickly learned to talk nice and speak sweetly and she then loved to do what I asked.. you know much like people. You can't demand, talk roughly or disrespectful.. they'll resist much like people would. Dogs are wonderful gifts to us.. and truly can be man's best friend.. I often thought about getting another dog.. maybe one day I will..right now with the economy as it is.. I hestiate.. but some day.. So I thnk if do...'""
    I only choose this answer because I had a Rottweiler.. I loved her dearly and was very sad when she passed at age 15. She was very intelligent.. like a five year old.. or an adult.. She knew hand signals and was already trained so very well when I got her at age five; so well, I was afraid I'd mess up her training. But she never wavered. Two example she would never rush past you going up or down step .. but always by your side. She would hesitate before going through a doorway until you said.. "it's okay.. go ahead and go".. Never wavered! There was so much more to her training and intelligence.. it would take a small book to elaborate.. and of course, I'm not bias at all! I firmly believe most people do not realize a dog's potential. I believe we get back what we put into them.. much like people. If I talked rough to her and demanding she became subborn.. so I quickly learned to talk nice and speak sweetly and she then loved to do what I asked.. you know much like people. You can't demand, talk roughly or disrespectful.. they'll resist much like people would. Dogs are wonderful gifts to us.. and truly can be man's best friend.. I often thought about getting another dog.. maybe one day I will..right now with the economy as it is.. I hestiate.. but some day.. So I thnk if dogs could talk they would ask us to treat them with respect and they will return the favor. Speaking of treats.. this makes me smile.. if I was watching TV she'd get between me and the TV and stomp her feet and swing her head.. like "get up off your ass and get me a treat!" I loved it! The neighbors loved her.. and greeted her first before me, if me at all (what am I - chopped liver?) Dogs are wonderful beings.. who prehaps were humans in another life time.. who knows..but they have feelings like every other living creature and deserve love and respect.. you know.. like we do!
  • Maddie 2009/06/12 04:02:51
    Other (please elucidate)
    Maddie
    +1
    Why are you putting clothes on me.. And do i really have to take a shower with you tonight..And where is my pillow and blanket
  • Armygeek 2009/06/12 03:51:57
    Other (please elucidate)
    Armygeek
    +1
    I love you .... Squirl

elucidate love squirl
  • weregirl703 2009/06/12 03:49:05
    Other (please elucidate)
    weregirl703
    mine would say,'Squirell?Where?Idont see it!Huh?Ismell HOT DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' elucidate saysquirellwhereidont ithuhismell hot dogs
  • Jayero 2009/06/12 03:30:32
    Other (please elucidate)
    Jayero
    Our Lab/Terrier China would say, 'don't say squirrel unless there is really one outside to get excited about', our Bassett/Yellow Lab Buddy would say 'mommy, wait for me' and our pure bred Rottweiller Sally would say, 'it's hard being beautiful and in such demand, no pictures please'. We have 3 rescued and very spoiled dogs and we love them dearly and they love us. Especiall Buddy. I have no privacy since rescuing him. I mean none whatsoever. But overall, I think they would tell us 'thank you for saving me from the cruel streets and giving me a home filled with love, soft beds, good food and TREATS'.
  • scales 2009/06/12 03:07:37
    Other (please elucidate)
    scales
    My dog would just say. Give me a Greenie and scratch my head!
  • blueknitter 2009/06/12 02:23:58
    Other (please elucidate)
    blueknitter
  • Mecynogea 2009/06/12 02:12:18
    Other (please elucidate)
    Mecynogea
    +1
    they would say:
    "hey you son of a ....!!
    where's my food?!"

okay i know that wasn't funny
  • nails 2009/06/12 01:46:33
    Other (please elucidate)
    nails
    +2
    Did you change the water in the toilet bowl?
  • patriotrooster 2009/06/12 01:43:05
    Other (please elucidate)
    patriotrooster
    +1
    elucidate

call your rep
    infowars.com
  • Cassady 2009/06/12 01:40:13
    Other (please elucidate)
    Cassady
    "Why the hell are you tying a string to my necklace??? STOP PULLING ON ME!"
  • Captain Seriouspants (AKA H... 2009/06/12 01:35:03
    Other (please elucidate)
    Captain Seriouspants (AKA Halloween Man)
    Way to make humans look like terrible people using animals as an example, Chico. Not like it's been done a trillion times already or anything.

I admit I don't know if they'd refer to us as "my master" or anything, rather than "my human". Nor do I think many of them understand the idea of loyalty. I think we humans look at their mannerisms and associate them with a personality, when half of the time it's all coincidence.
    All this without even questioning that maybe they just wag their tails to kill off some energy. Like how we make our knees jump up and down or fidget with our fingers when we're excited in some way.

It may not be so much of loyalty as it is being the less dominant of the pack just by instinct. Because their alternative to living with us and being pampered is living on a street somewhere. That is, even if they've thought of a world outside these walls.

They might just make small talk, or communicate in any way the event calls for. They might even say something along the lines of "Stop using my cuteness as propaganda for people to accept your beliefs easier".

Really, if all it takes is the idea of a talking dog to make some one agree with you, would the opinion of some one with such an easily persuaded stance matter?
  • Alleycat 2009/06/12 01:27:58
    Other (please elucidate)
    Alleycat
    +2
    I can lick my balls, can you?
  • Mypupshakers 2009/06/12 00:42:37 (edited)
    Other (please elucidate)
    Mypupshakers
    +5
    elucidate elucidate elucidate elucidate

These all just sound like my dogs LOL!
  • Sarah 2009/06/12 00:28:59
    Other (please elucidate)
    Sarah
    +1
    My dog would sing. I know it.
  • Abitadude 2009/06/12 00:24:30
    Other (please elucidate)
    Abitadude
    +1
    I think mine would say you are nuts! You go chase that damn ball and you go chase that raggady rawhide bone and see how you like it but hey whatever dude you're the one who feeds me.
  • ALPEAUX 2009/06/12 00:21:34
    Other (please elucidate)
    ALPEAUX
    +2
    A frog was barking, bow-wow, woof, woof, arf arf. A dog was playing a piano, on top of the bar.

An old dude said "Wow, that's the first time in my life I've ever heard a frog barking".

The bartender said (with a wink), "No big deal, the dog is a ventriloquist"...:0)

ALPEAUX

2014/09/23 04:01:49