I was thinking about how society forces people to adhere to a certain personality or a person can't survive.

Anthony Souls 2012/09/17 17:00:44
If you look at all of the different and unique people of the world, you can clearly see that their money/power was what helped them retain their individuality: sheltered house wives, teenagers of rich families, inventors that offered the world something they can use, and so forth. If society doesn't accept something or you have no power or money to give them in trade for your personality, you will be ostracized until you conform to what they want. This is why you always see similar personality types, common people, and why people despise difference. It's because they had to conform, they had to change, and they were conditioned to hate difference that doesn't suite their will and can adapt into their world.
People will only help you if they have something to gain, even if that something is only power, money, or just being able to control people around them. When you get accepted into these programs which are suppose to "help" you, you are put under their type of magnifying glass, you are scrutinized and nitpicked and forced to do what they think is "best" for you until you convey how they wish or you are off the program: sometimes the programs are necessities, so you are forced to change or have your life go into utter ruin. Must be what slaves had to contend with back in the days: whether to live how they want or suffer the consequences of standing up.
More so, everyone loves legitimizing this by claiming that they are better and you deserve this type of treatment which they would never endure and don't have to being in a place of power, money, and so forth which the world revolves around.
If you look at society, you can see this to be true: You have to convey a certain way at work or they "find" ways to fire you: everyone breaks some sort of rule. So you convey and fake a smile and you do what you are supposed to. With friends, you either be how your friends want you to be, or you have no friends: this is probably why so many fake friends exist: they want something to gain from it like employment, somewhere to go if they loose their jobs, money, and so forth. And you can see this same pattern in families, children being disowned for silly notions and because they chose to be themselves.
Therefore, those are my thoughts, take them or leave them, Take care,

• Fran-Halen 2012/09/17 18:07:26
    Fran-Halen
    This ordeal you find yourself in, is it creating a crisis of faith? I notice some of your postings are of a sexual nature. I've not seen that from you before. You going to be okay Anthony?
  • Bibliophilic 2012/09/17 17:18:05
    Bibliophilic
    Sounds like stereotypes/generalizations instead of personalities. It's true that a person's resources shape a person's outlook on life, but there is more to a person than their material possessions and or wealth.

Poor people are often highly individualistic- many of them far more creative and original than the elite. Many artists, writers and actors live in poverty and only gain fame after death.

I try not to categorize people- it's a waste of time.

If you're fired for not 'acting right' or 'conforming' you should probably sue.
  • Anthony... Bibliop... 2012/09/17 17:22:07
    Anthony Souls
    If you can't see what is blatantly there, than maybe you fit the stereotype/generalizations. If I was to say that the sky generally has clouds, would that be untrue? What if I was like, women are generally without male body parts, does that make it any less true? Sometimes truths are generalizations. If I went: plants generally need water to grow and light to flourish, would that be a fabrication? Indeed. Generally people are clones, and I've meet a good deal of people to know this to be true.
    Yes, because those poor people didn't convey to society so they were doomed to not belonging in the world until they were accepted which only proves my stance. It's only when reality changes to accept them that they are ever accepted.

TC
  • Rustie 2012/09/17 17:04:12
    Rustie
    Everyone in prison agrees with you.
  • Anthony... Rustie 2012/09/17 17:10:36
    Anthony Souls
    Society is a prison :P I'm not in prison :P But it sure feels like it.
  • JMCC 2012/09/17 17:03:21
    JMCC
    A "one size fits nobody" system is doomed from the outset.
  • Anthony... JMCC 2012/09/17 17:11:01
    Anthony Souls
    +1
    That's how I see it anyways. If people can't see it, they are blind or I am seeing things that aren't there, which isn't good :P TC

2014/09/17 21:37:38