I saw something I wish I didn't...

YourCompanionCube 2012/07/12 01:53:42
And can't stop thinking about it. Outside my church, I saw A man literally abuse his kid. I knew the kid from the bible school my bro was going to, and there was slapping, and swearing, and the kid was in tears when he came in...I had grabbed a woman involved in the program and my mom, and they pretended to go out that way to get something, And as they walked out, the guy and kid acted like nothing was wrong... and then walked back inside. I know we did something to stop it, But should we have been more direct? And it worries me. I tried being Indirect with the kid later, asking how he was doing, and he was reluctant. He gave one-word answers, and was acting (unconvincingly) like he wanted to be there. As the program ended, they were walking out, and I wanted to say something but didn't...I can't stop thinking about it...

• PULLLLLLL! 2012/07/12 14:19:37
    PULLLLLLL!
    Makes one wonder and think!!!!!!
  • sky blue pink - American 2012/07/12 11:06:27
    sky blue pink - American
    Let CPS know what is going on, before it's to late.
    Have a nice day !
  • blissful 2012/07/12 06:21:05
    blissful
    It's a terrible thing when you have to be a witness to something like that! I have been there myself and it is disturbing to deal with. If you don't want to notify CPS yourself, maybe you should let the person in authority over the church know what is going-on. Hopefully they will be able to do something about it..
  • twocrows 2012/07/12 05:41:47
    twocrows
    Please talk to your mom about the possibility of calling Child Welfare Services. Child abuse is a crime. At the very least, the little boy could be placed in foster care [no, not a great solution but preferable to being abused, believe me.]

In a better scenario, and it often does happen, he could be placed with relatives who would care for him properly.

Seriously, please talk to your mom about it. Let her know how you feel. And think about how you would feel if this kid came to Bible School next week with a broken arm - - - or worse.
  • ☆ElenaDiamond☆ 2012/07/12 05:00:13
    ☆ElenaDiamond☆
    +1
    If you believe it was child abuse call the authorities. Good people doing nothing has hurt so many.
  • Mindy 2012/07/12 03:44:21
    Mindy
    +1
    At least you did something to stop it. If it continues to haunt you, call child protective services.
  • R ~In Harry Potter I Trust~ 2012/07/12 03:18:16
    R ~In Harry Potter I Trust~
    +2
    You could report it to child services or whatever... That's really sad :/
  • The Elitist Libtard SodaJerk 2012/07/12 02:53:30
    The Elitist Libtard SodaJerk
    +2
    Take some comfort that you were able to do something about it today, and hope that it stopped there for today. Maybe you should talk to the priest confidentially. Find out if they know someone who can intervene and help this kid. The Thought of what may happen to this child WILL haunt you until you take some kind of action.
  • Marlene Wilkins 2012/07/12 01:59:10
    Marlene Wilkins
    +1
    I've witnessed similar things...they haunt you don't they. Just motivates me to be a better Mom when I finally have the chance.

2014/04/20 21:04:44