I SAW AN OLD MAN , LIVING IN AMERICA

judy ann 2010/04/03 16:17:52
AFTER BEING AT A EMERGENCY ROOM FOR 4 HOURS WITH MY HUSBAND,IT WAS GETTING LATE AND WE HAD TO GRAB A BITE TO EAT BEFORE HEADING HOME. WHILE SITTING THERE I GLANCED OVER TO MY LEFT AND THERE SAT AN OLD MAN ALL ALONE. NEAR BY HIM WAS A FAMILY OF 20 OR MORE PEOPLE.I THOUGHT HOW SAD TO SEE THE OLD MAN WITH NO ONE. YOUR MIND BEGINS TO THINK ALL SORTS OF THING. THE OLD MAN GOT UP AND I THOUGHT HE HAD LEFT. AFTER 20 OR MORE MIN. HE CAME BACK TO GIVE THE WAITRESS A TIP .THE OLD MAN WAS BENT OVER AND COULD HARDLY WALK WITH HIS CANE. I THOUGHT, IF THIS MAN IS HOMELESS I WOULD SURELY CRY. WE PROCEEDED TO PAY AND WALKED OUT SIDE. MY EYES WERE STILL FOLLOWING THE OLD MAN AS HE WALKED TO AN OLD BEAT UP CAR. NO WAY WAS I LEAVING THAT PARKING LOT UNTIL I MADE SURE IT WAS HIM. WHEN HE PASSED MY CAR I COULD SEE EVERYTHING HE OWNED WAS IN THE BEAT UP CAR, YOU COULD NOT EVEN SEE OUT ANY OF THE CAR WINDOWS, HIS LIFE WAS IN THAT BEAT UP CAR. MY HEART BEGAN TO BREAK. I DROVE ALL THE WAY HOME STILL THINKING, HOW CAN ANYONE IN AMERICA BE OLD AND HOMELESS. I THOUGHT WHAT IF HIS CAR BROKE DOWN, WHAT WOULD HE DO BEING SO OLD.

I TRIED TO FIND EVERY EXCUSE IN THE WORLD HOW THIS COULD HAPPEN, I HAD NO ANSWER FOR MYSELF. I THOUGHT, HE WAS SOMEONES BABY, AND SOME MOTHERS SON .
WHERE AND WHAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED TO THIS CHILD, ALONG LIFE'S JOURNEY TO BECOME AN OLD MAN ALONE excuse world answer someones baby mothers son child lifes journey excuse world answer someones baby mothers son child lifes journey excuse world answer someones baby mothers son child lifes journey

• Dora Rachael 2010/04/05 00:00:50
    Dora Rachael
    God Bless You.

I used to feed an old lady who had been on the street for years. I took food to her every day. Sometimes I had to go look for her and I would always find her. You would think I was giving her a million dollars. I took her a winter coat and other clothes. It was the saddest thing and just broke my heart. I finally got her some help and she is now in a nursing home. I go to visit her when I can and take her special things. She has nobody.
  • santa6642 2010/04/03 21:27:47
    santa6642
    +1
    they care more for the illegals
  • gray ghost 2010/04/03 17:18:50
    gray ghost
    +1
    I know what you mean,I've seen this too many times and it really makes me sad that this goes on in this country.Years ago I was riding a Greyhound bus from N.J. TO Ga. And as we were leaving D.C. I saw veterans sleeping over steam grates,wearing ragged clothes and some of them were barefoot with only rags wrapped around their feet.It really broke my heart.I believe in helping those less fortunate and I have many times.What galls me is it seems we are more into helping everybody else in the world than our own.I believe what it says in the Bible,charity begins at home.
  • say what? 2010/04/03 17:04:35
    say what?
    +1
    It happens for many reasons.One of them being that many people feel pity for them but want or expect someone else to help them.To express your concern and pity without action is useless.It may make you feel better but it does nothing for the homeless.
  • tooner259 2010/04/03 16:58:11 (edited)
    tooner259
    +2
    Glad to hear how you helped him.
  • judy ann tooner259 2010/04/03 17:08:44
    judy ann
    I watched him, i wish i could have helped him, i do pray for him watched helped pray
  • Sugarbear 2010/04/03 16:24:30
    Sugarbear
    +1
    Its a damned shame that anything even remotely like this could be possible in this country!
  • judy ann Sugarbear 2010/04/03 17:07:06
    judy ann
    I agree, homeless should never be an issue in America.

Gov. and banks could do a better job keep people in their homes and STOP taking the foreclosure approach. Everything has gotten out of control, with min. wage who can afford a car, a home of any kind.

HOMES AND CARS NEED TO BE BROUGHT DOWN TO THE LEVEL OF WHAT WAGES ARE. no excuse for the billion airs wage afford car home homes cars level wages excuse airs
  • judy ann 2010/04/03 16:20:17
    judy ann
    +1
    MY HEART WAS BROKEN, WHEN I SAW AN OLD MAN.

I HAD TO SHARE WITH MY FRIENDS heart broken share friends

2014/10/23 12:30:01