"I don't want their lifestyle being forced on me" Hypocrisy?

MissJo 2010/11/12 08:04:20
I believe the "straight lifestyle" is being forced on homosexual peoples.
I believe the "gay lifestyle" is being forced on heterosexual peoples.
I think all you guys are overreacting over nothing.
Well, recently I came across a fairly common comment by someone who more than likely did not support gay rights.

"I don't want their life style shoved in my face."

Okay, well, this got me thinking, particularly about one thing... how anti-gay supporter shove their views and essentially the "straight lifestyle" (less they treat LGBTQ people as inferiors) in our (I am a lesbian) face. Examples?

1) Refusing to give LGBT people equal rights in marriage, adoption, and at times social situation (such as church, the workplace, public places in general).
2) Refusing to treat the LGBTQ people normally unless they, like it's a choice, become straight. Also, believing it is not ONLY a choice, but a poor choice that will essentially damn us. Along with continually criticizing the "choice" and saying it is not natural (though there are many animals who show homosexual behavior, and also many, many articles on the subject, nor moral, nor right.
3) Running and in some cases promoting straight camps in order to "change" gays to straight, or participating/supporting verbal/physical/sexual hate crimes based solely on sexual orientation.

Now, while I believe it is certainly not as common, I don't doubt there is the homosexual that forces a few heterosexuals into being homosexual. But the majority of it (I am referring to the gay right movement) seems to be pushing for acceptance rather than "LOL YOU HAVE TO BE GAY, KTHX!"

What are your opinions on this?
Do you feel the "gay lifestyle" is being pushed on you? What are you reasons?
Do you feel this "straight lifestyle" is being pushed on LGBTQ peoples? Your reasons?
Do you feel this is fair, regardless on whether you support gay rights or not?

• Veronica 2010/11/12 13:58:21 (edited)
    Veronica
    +6
    I NEVER have heard any gay people wanting straight people to be different. But we ALWAYS hear heterosexual people freaking out over gays all over the media.

News flash: I live in CA, and work in a diverse company with a whole lot of gays; and honestly the ones who are gay I never would have guessed and some that I thought were gay were not. People are people: get the heck over it.

This is mostly directed to the straight people who seem to totally over-react to gays, not to the gays who just want to live their life/have their rights and are being discriminated against.

Doubt the discrimination against gays? Read the comments here in this thread.

If you are against gay rights, then you are against the US Bill of Rights.
    The Bill of Rights states: "ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL"
    ALL people
    NOT just the ones that you like
    NOT just the ones who look/act like you
    NOT just the popular ones
    ALL people........
    EVERYONE is entitled to EQUAL RIGHTS and that is a foundation of the US. No discrimination can withstand that. Stop depriving others of the rights that you yourself expect.
    We are only as free as our most oppressed minority.

• Surgeon ~The Egalitarianist~ 2010/11/12 15:58:39
  • demonz11b 2010/11/12 15:22:50
    demonz11b
    +1
    that's why soooo many homosexuals become priests
  • La 2010/11/12 15:02:59
    La
    +1
    There's more reactive Christians than there are reactive gay people.
  • Veronica 2010/11/12 13:58:21 (edited)
    Veronica
    +6

ALL people
    NOT just the ones that you like
    NOT just the ones who look/act like you
    NOT just the popular ones
    ALL people........
  • Daniel 2010/11/12 11:27:23
    Daniel
    Who in their right mind would think otherwise? Heterosexuals were here first or there wouldn't be any gay people. Duhmind heterosexuals gay people
  • La Daniel 2010/11/12 15:05:35
    La
    +1
    Do I smell a troll?
    If you have ten people (assuming a gender balance) and one of those people is gay, the rest are still perfectly able to procreate. There is no logic behind stating that "heteros were here first".
  • Daniel La 2010/11/13 00:41:40
    Daniel
    I just answered the question as it was a pretty simple one. If there were two people hear as I believe then yes it required heteros. If we evolved as Darwin believed. It required heteros. Sorry, I don't know where the belief in ten came from.
  • demonz11b Daniel 2010/11/12 15:20:45
    demonz11b
    +3
    Take your time and do some research, homosexuals have been here even since we were living on the caves
  • Daniel demonz11b 2010/11/13 00:46:42
    Daniel
    Adam and eve

Guess your comment was wrong.
  • MissJo Daniel 2010/11/13 02:54:07
    MissJo
    +2
    That's not very good proof.
  • Daniel MissJo 2010/11/13 03:02:22
    Daniel
    Better than anything you've got.
  • MissJo Daniel 2010/11/13 04:21:51
    MissJo
    +4
    Your proof is based on a mythological book.
    The proof that I posted, that it was natural, was a study done by scientists.
  • Daniel MissJo 2010/11/13 11:47:07
    Daniel
    What study?
  • Daniel Daniel 2010/11/13 11:49:35
    Daniel
    Tht's absurd, and plain B.S.. Biology studies the fact that life comes from life. There's no such thing as a study to prove two men produce squat.
  • MissJo Daniel 2010/11/14 03:10:54
    MissJo
    Biology studies life in general, including habits of life. And what the hell are you talking about? I wasn't talking of a study "proving men produce (and by that I'm assuming you mean reproduce)," and if one would seriously believe that than they are really rather stupid. However, it doesn't it's not natural or prevalent in nature.
  • Daniel MissJo 2010/11/14 11:47:33
    Daniel
    You made the stopid comment not me, claiming homosexuals were here first.
  • MissJo Daniel 2010/11/14 18:35:26
    MissJo
    I never claimed that and it would be impossible for anyone to tell.
  • Daniel MissJo 2010/11/14 22:51:18
    Daniel

We were saying Heteros were here first. You were arguing that they weren't. Sorry your comment was stupid.
  • demonz11b Daniel 2010/11/13 08:56:17
    demonz11b
    +1

Zeus was bisexual and he is a mythological creature older than the mythological creatures depicted above
  • Daniel demonz11b 2010/11/13 11:53:16
    Daniel
    Zeus was not a man. Zeus is also a mythical creature because the Greek came to realize, there is but one God and His name is Christ.
  • demonz11b Daniel 2010/11/13 17:06:51
    demonz11b
    +1
    I wont go into a religious argument here. So going back to the original question if you say that the gay lifestyle is being forced on straight people, you must be nuts.

They are the ones that cannot marry and cannot walk hand in hand on the streets.

They are the ones who have to pretend to be the big bad macho or family man to avoid getting fired from their jobs or getting beaten in the street.

There is no law forbidding a man to marry a woman or forcing a man to marry another man.

So how come people say that they are impossing anything?

Finally I do not understand if you are a creationist or not. In the first case you obviously are completely blinded to any reality of nature, specially the fact that all superior mamals (including the homo sapiens) display homosexual behaviors.

Otherwise, if you somehow managed to conciliate your religious beliefs with science, denying homosexuality as a regular fact of nature is absurd.
  • Daniel demonz11b 2010/11/14 01:16:27
    Daniel
    They walk hand in hand all the time. There's no Law against it.

I haven't seen this, in my life. I know many gays and treat the no different than anyone else.

Now you bring the marriage thing up. They can do what they want but marriage is and has always been a man and woman. Leave marriage as it is and stop throwing the gay agenda into this.

They're impossing their sick beliefs on the rest of us who simply don't agree.

Never seen any animal engage in homosexual acts. Throw the dog or other animal acts up and I'll shut them down. If a male dog ever put his male organ in a male dog the other would kill it. They may play but it never goes to the exstreme humans go.

So science can prove it is natural either.
  • MissJo Daniel 2010/11/14 03:14:21
    MissJo
    +1
    http   farm4 static flickr com 3491 3747112380_f0a58be83d jpg

Now you have.
    And no homosexuals aren't, we're asking to be accepted not for everyone to turn gay.
  • Daniel MissJo 2010/11/14 11:48:55
    Daniel
    Thats a doe at the bottom and two males trying to get to her.
  • MissJo Daniel 2010/11/14 18:38:41 (edited)
    MissJo
    Either way he's having sex with the male, which is pretty obvious from the picture.

And the below picture as well, two male decks mating.
    Really, I can find more for you if you're not satisfied, along with a couple articles. In fact, there is this species of lizard that is entirely female, it's really quite interesting: http://www.nerve.com/content/...
  • Daniel MissJo 2010/11/14 22:53:54
    Daniel
    I don't see two mail birds mating, and I only see two male deers trying to breed with a female not each other. They're just driven to procreate.
  • K Daniel 2010/11/17 03:33:48
    K
    Animals do not play sports either, they kill other animals but they do not hunt, like man does, just for fun. Animals dont watch movies, they dont dance, they dont ride motorcycles, they dont shop, paint, draw, work...they do not do alot of things that humans do...so does that mean that all of the things i have just decribed should be banished from society too, just because they are not natural??

There are certain religions and people around the world that believe dancing is from the devil, does that mean that these certain organizations should try to banish dancing from all civilization? No it means they just dont dance. If you dont want a homosexual marriage...DONT GET ONE!!!!! But some people do, so keep your judgements to yourself.

Take it up with your God.
  • Daniel K 2010/11/17 11:42:51
    Daniel
    You need to tell all that to JoParker as I didn't use animals to justify anything. They also mate with their Children. Some even eat their children.

Have a nice day and explain it to God.
  • hypnotic 2010/11/12 11:05:11
    hypnotic
    +3
    The straight lifestyle has ALWAYS been forced on GAY people!Being straight myself, Thats all Ive ever seen growing up in church! I could never understand, why it was such a big deal about someone being GAY!I didn't ever get angry like most people did in church!I guess it wasn't a big deal to me.As a straight man, why would that piss anyone off?Because I like woman?Would that make anyone mad?I could never see why people were so ANGRY about this? It was never a big deal to me.I thought all that was a waste of time.So, YES! being straight has ALWAYS been forced on GAY PEOPLE.I was never being forced to be GAY!Nobody ever did that to me.
  • K hypnotic 2010/11/14 06:38:57
    K
    +1
    Agreed, and most homosexual people, before coming out, attempt to force themselves to live a straight life becuase thats what everyone would want. Families, friends, the public, the media. Nobody wants to have to explain homosexuality to their children, no one wants to have to act ok with the fact that someone in their circle is gay. I disagree with homosexuals shoving it down people's throats...but I cant say heterosexuals dont force their lifestyle on me..men are supposed to be with women...and that is all. Makes it pretty difficult for a 15 yearold kid who knows he/she is gay and they are assumed straight.
  • hypnotic K 2010/11/14 07:16:30
    hypnotic
    It is difficult for a person of all ages to come out of the closet, especially if you have been maried and have kids.Also to lie to yourself and your wife and kids all those years.There are so many people who live a lie for many years and there are so unhappy.
  • K hypnotic 2010/11/14 19:50:14
    K
    Exactly, and how many live a lie forever? How many of our grandparents lived their entire lives and then died with a secret that they should not have had to keep.
  • hypnotic K 2010/11/14 23:55:32
    hypnotic
    I know, what a HUGE waist of time.Spending a whole lifetime unhappy!
  • K hypnotic 2010/11/15 02:38:01
    K
    I know..its sad. And what does that say about society. Intolerant.
  • Ron–Born from Above 2010/11/12 11:00:50
    Ron–Born from Above
    +2
     gay agenda

Centers for Disease Control’s National Center for Health Statistics reveals that only 2.3% of the population considers themselves homosexual. The statistics come from a 2002 National Survey of Family Growth and are based on 12,571 interviews with men and women ages 15-44 years of age. (The findings were reported in WorldNetDaily, September 16, 2005).
    According to this survey, only 2.3% of the males surveyed considered themselves to be homosexuals; 1.8% considered themselves to be bisexuals. Among men ages 18-44, 92% said they were attracted “only to females” and 3.9% “mostly” to females. Among women, 86% said they were attracted only to males, and 10% “mostly” to males.

Homosexuals Admit 10% Is Wrong

Homosexual activist groups have finally admitted that their claim that 10% of the population is “gay” is false. This admission took place in a Friend of the Court brief filed with the U.S. Supreme Court on March 26, 2003 in the Lawrence v. Texas, known as the Texas sodomy case. In this case, homosexuals are trying to have the Texas law against sodomy declared unconstitutional by the Court.
  • Edible_... Ron–Bor... 2010/11/12 11:53:17
  • La Edible_... 2010/11/12 15:07:50
    La
    +1
    I thought it was 5%, but apparently not.

"The more rigorous studies have shown different results within a range of 0.6 to 5.4 percent. These studies include Bell-Weinberg, 1970 (~2 percent); Billy-Battelle, 1993 (1.1 percent); Cameron-Ross, 1975-78 (~3 percent); Catania-NABS, 1992 (2 percent); FRI, 1983 (5.4 percent); MacDonald, 1988 (2 percent); NCHS, 1988-91 (3.5 percent); Schmidt, 1987 (0.6 percent); and Trocki, 1988-89 (3 percent)."
  • Edible_... La 2010/11/12 20:59:01 (edited)
    Edible_toad
    I, personally, find it hard to believe you can accurately measure.
    Because not everyone that is will be willing to admit it.
    The results are so varied...
  • MissJo Edible_... 2010/11/12 22:25:23
    MissJo
    +1
    Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. I really can't trust those studies because I know some people aren't going to admit their homosexual for various reasons.
  • Double A Edible_... 2010/11/13 07:34:14
    Double A
    Yes, Exactly! :) Thank you!

2014/07/25 08:08:19