I don't know who to choose my wife or my kids???

Huki68 2012/06/04 20:28:45
Related Topics: Kids, Kid

• Jana~ una chica loca 2012/06/18 12:39:15
    Wife
    Jana~ una chica loca
    +1
    less stress
    Both
    +1
    its a package deal bro
  • CherryPOP 2012/06/10 00:04:39
    Children
    CherryPOP
    +2
    It rather depends in the stituation. Are you and your partner in steady grounds or are there complications. Without knowing Your circumstances I would still say choose your children.
  • EdwardCullen<3 2012/06/09 23:19:11
    Both
    EdwardCullen<3
    +1
    I don't believe you should leave either one behind. You should cherish them equally. After all, LOVE is what makes the world go round. Have faith and stay strong. If you think things are tough, always remember the situation could be "much worse". Fight for those you care about. Not against. :)
  • JesusIsMyGod 2012/06/09 02:39:19
    Both
    JesusIsMyGod
  • Christopher Kirchen 2012/06/08 15:50:10
    Both
    Christopher Kirchen
    +1
    What are you talking about? Can you elaborate? Ideally I would choose both but is there a reason you can't?
  • JAA 2012/06/08 12:42:19
    Both
    JAA
    +1
    There should have been a "neither" answer & a story to go along with it. If you're this stupid in presenting a question, I imagine both the children & the wife would be better off without you. Let 'em go so they can be rid of their village's idiot.
  • superangrymonkey 2012/06/08 10:34:58
    Children
    superangrymonkey
    +2
    They always come first, homie.
  • Teresa 2012/06/08 07:45:16
    Both
    Teresa
    +1
    I cant really say as there is no story behind the question. While I believe that children should come first when it comes to safety and health I cant say they should ALWAYS come first. To raise children in a happy healthy home one has to take care of themselves and the relationship with their spouse.
  • Rocko 2012/06/08 01:49:52
    Children
    Rocko
    +2
    if you have to choose(and i dont envy you) your wife is an adult and your kids are still young i assume?
    then its clear the kids need you more but im sad for you that you even have to make such a horrible choice
  • Arianne 2012/06/08 00:01:01
    Both
    Arianne
    +2
    Why do you have to choose?With out that information then no one can really answer properly. However if the wife is abusing or harming the kids then you should definately choose the kids.
  • hisomouth 2012/06/07 22:55:04
    Wife
    hisomouth
    +3
    The only reason not to choose wife is if she is abusing or harmed the children.
  • Pet Rock Whisperer 2012/06/07 22:27:37 (edited)
    Children
    Pet Rock Whisperer
    +2
    No contest! Kids first, always!!
  • JAA Pet Roc... 2012/06/08 12:44:24
    JAA
    +1
    We don't have any story to go with this question. As far as we know, the "kids" could be high school graduates or step kids, & the wife probably needs to get rid of this idiot who asks a question without explaining himself.
  • Pet Roc... JAA 2012/06/08 16:37:32
    Pet Rock Whisperer
    +2
    You're right about the fact we don't have anything to go by as to what context the question is. IMO in general it doesn't much matter if the "kids" are high school graduates or toddlers or step kids. Sure there are exceptions, like if the "kids" are adults or perhaps out of control f*** ups or any number of other circumstances. My answer was based on an assumption of minor children dependent on the parents. For all we know the wife is the bigger idiot and the one that needs the boot! That was the case with my family. It was no easy decision for me to make. But that's exactly what I did, and raised my son and daughter solo from when they were 13 and 9. And it was the right decision for the 3 of us. My kids turned out to be great adults and certainly better than they would have had their mother been a daily influence in their lives.
    Your comment did make me think about a situation I'm a little bit familiar with. I know of a panhandler who supports her husband, adult son and herself by begging at the end of a freeway ramp. Or at least supporting their drug habits I suspect. I would see her on my driving route almost daily. And I've noticed more than once she'd obviously taken quite a beating. Found out it's her adult son who beats the crap out of her when she doesn't mooch enough money. Can you imagine what a miserable existence that must be?
  • JAA Pet Roc... 2012/06/08 19:16:20 (edited)
    JAA
    +2
    I appreciate your lengthy discussion on the matter, but the bottom line is that the author of this question intentionally did not give us any information, hoping we'd all jump on mindless "what if" scenarios, accomplishing little. It's kind of like the beginnings of the Trayvon/Zimmerman fiasco where the people were fed bits & pieces, mostly lies, & the mindless spectators, gossipers, & maligners had a field day coming up with their own erroneous stories, finding an American citizen guilty of a crime without sufficient or complete evidence. In a small way, this is how tyrannical rulers like Hitler, Mussolini, Pol Pot, etc. initially got the masses to buy into their evil schemes, only to later trap them in their own pot of stew.

P.S. I'm very glad your children grew up to be "great adults", & having worked in a Family Practice law office for years, I know it's often the father that gets the raw end of the deal, especially here in Texas. It seems like you did a good job under difficult circumstances. Kudos to you!
  • Pet Roc... JAA 2012/06/09 19:43:37
    Pet Rock Whisperer
    +2
    Thank you, I appreciate your praise. But the truth is I loved being a single parent and all the curve balls she threw at us just made us a stronger and closer family. The legal outcome was nothing short of a miracle. Wayne county is the absolute worst county in
    Michigan for men. And the judge was a woman. There were several hearings that I was grilled at length by the judge about canning jars! The ex hauled me in time after time for frivolous hearings. The judge typically would ignore important facts about our case such as the fact my kids mother abandoned them and was psychologically abusive. (fortunately with no real serious effect) and focus on the far more important things like mason jars, Xmas decorations, my cowboy hat....always looking for an excuse to ream me. I just kept my composer and always thought carefully before I answered any questions. I just let show her true colors as the angry bitter ex much to the frustration of the judge. The judge desperately wanted to make me the villian....
    Children
  • Ryoka∞Boy 2012/06/07 22:13:17
    Children
    Ryoka∞Boy
    +3
    I would choose my kids..after all they are my real blood relatives.
  • Night 2012/06/07 22:05:43 (edited)
    Children
    Night
    +3
    Genetic spawn and all that. You have a duty to protect them... This is only if it's like a life or death or some equally serious matter. If it's like a squabble at home or something then I can't say unless I know of both sides of the argument...
  • bags the Indigenous Guru 2012/06/07 21:45:14
    Children
    bags the Indigenous Guru
    +5
    You brought them here, it was not their decision. You are responsible for their lives in more ways than one. Your wife, as much as you may love her, is an adult and can care for herself.
  • Sister ... bags th... 2012/06/07 22:26:26
  • JAA bags th... 2012/06/08 12:54:34
    JAA
    +2
    It could be his step kids, as the idiot didn't give any information. Perhaps they'd all be better off without him.
  • Mechelle 2012/06/07 21:27:31
    Children
    Mechelle
    +3
    No information given, but your Kids are your life and blood line. If your wife wants you to choose then she is not worth having. Now, that said, if your Kids are grown and out of the house then they have NO say in How you choose to live your life. If your Kids are asking you to choose, then you need to let them know that you are trying to live a happy life and can do what you want. Either way, seems to me like someone in the mix is being selfish in wanting you to make a choice.
  • Sam DePecan 2012/06/07 21:27:18
    Wife
    Sam DePecan
    +3
    Wives make perfect companions.
  • nverumind 2012/06/07 21:19:06
    Both
    nverumind
    +4
    I dont know why you are choosing one or the other, the question is kinda vague to give a real answer. BUT unless your wife is a danger to you or your kids or shes running around, I say both.
  • Jimbo nverumind 2012/06/07 21:26:23
    Jimbo
    +4
    I thought the same thing. I don't know how to answer his question. So I'm going to comment on yours.

Have a nice day! :)
  • nverumind Jimbo 2012/06/08 01:54:53
    nverumind
    +2
    you too, you're welcome lol
  • Jimbo nverumind 2012/06/08 03:20:31
    Jimbo
    +2
    Thank you. (pretend I posted that above) ;)
  • Clay Slayer 2012/06/07 21:15:53
    Children
    Clay Slayer
    +3
    Children for one simple reason,, Children do not have the capacity to care for themselves.. They need love, attention and guidance...
  • Mrkando 2012/06/07 21:13:01
    Both
    Mrkando
    +6
    My question to this post would be why would you need to chose? If there is no problem between you and your wife why would you ever consider choosing?

And I can not at all understand the option of choosing you wife over your children. What is that about? Would this be children from a previous marriage and your wife does not want them? If so you really have a problem but I can tell you this. If you choose her over them you will regret it for the rest of your life.
  • ~*PoliceGirl*~ (>^-^)> 2012/06/07 21:06:52
    Both
    ~*PoliceGirl*~ (>^-^)>
    +4
    your kids and wife are both your responsibility. Take care of them both unless your wife is a danger to the kids then chose your kids obviously. The wife can take care of herself.
  • Sour Dime 2012/06/07 21:04:17
    Children
    Sour Dime
    +4
    wifes are replacable this shouldnt even be a problem
  • Solomonster 2012/06/07 21:03:56
    Wife
    Solomonster
    +2
    You can make more kids.
  • Night Solomon... 2012/06/07 22:06:24
    Night
    +4
    You can get another wife.
  • bob 2012/06/07 21:02:35
    Children
    bob
    +7
    Childern come first, Wife second, you third
  • TheHushedScreamer 2012/06/06 19:19:32
    Children
    TheHushedScreamer
    +3
    There's no doubt that if you had to make a choice it'd have to be your own children.
  • Panloker 2012/06/05 11:25:45
    Children
    Panloker
    +7
    I don't know your situation, but I am a firm believer that children should always come first. I would choose my children over anyone on this planet, including my husband(their father).
  • The rogue nin of the Uchiha... 2012/06/05 04:11:38
    Both
    The rogue nin of the Uchiha Clan
  • Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru 2012/06/05 03:46:13
    Children
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +6
    I don't understand the question, but if there is really a choice that must be made, it should always be your children.

2014/11/23 08:48:19