I can't be the only who found this offensive.

Conservatism Rules 2012/07/16 20:19:56

You have to be kidding, I worked my tail off to get where I am at. Obama making the claims that it was the little person who built the roads, bridges and even the internet. The government did not build any of those things, the government paid the lowest bidder to build the road and bridges. He paid companies like mine to build those road and brides. That was not a government hand out or help, that was a contract. I built this company with my money. I worked for it, I bought the equipment, I hired and paid the employees. It was not the little person who is sitting on their a$$es collecting their checks.

STOP DRINKING THE KOOL AID FOLKS. This man is trying to take credit for you working and living free.

For those who did own a business, here is an explanation that will hit it home. You did not buy that house / car or TV. It was your company who bought it not your hard work. With out your boss you could not have bought anything.

• littlebuffalo55TBA 2012/07/18 09:16:50
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    +2
    It is more of his always all to obvious pandering to Unions both public and private!
  • princess 2012/07/18 09:09:43
    princess
    +2
    Hey OVomit, spoken like the true Communist you are!! smiley throwing up
  • J 2012/07/17 14:45:58
    J
    +2
    I would just like to know how much tax money those on welfare have given for the expansion of infrastructure. How much do they pay in taxes for police and firemen? What percentage of school or federal tax do they pay to run public schools?
  • rusty lemonade 2012/07/17 08:50:49
  • EricJM 2012/07/17 08:42:25
    EricJM
    +5
    Hey, the problem with your offense is that you think your owed something w/o ever having to pay taxes. That's what the new conservative war is. It's not about religion. To hell with his speech. Without fair taxes being paid, our kids aren't going to good schools, our cities and towns ARE falling apart, and no contract is going to help you if it cant be paid, less cops to keep order and safety, no firemen to rescue us, no sanitation to keep us clean and healthy, our elderly and poor are suffering, our housing market is at a stalemate. He didn't create that. It's not socialism, it's upkeep and incentives and investing in America, it's how America has always worked. You've got all your Consevatives in the legislative body, and what have they done in the last 1 1/2 years? Americans HAVE always worked together regardless of political standing, and now that we have a black President angry people have decided to stop. He is a smart man who has made it his mission to get us to work together and rise from the suffocating leadership that was the Bush legacy. He has protected this country better than any President in my lifetime and been abused from every angle, lied about, given false witness and has been held hostage by our nation's banking system. If you hate him so much, don't vote for him, but show me you're a better human by not being so twisted, hateful and unrealistically blind to what is really going on in Washington.
  • J EricJM 2012/07/17 14:50:11
    J
    +1
    You are living in a dream world. Obama has been and continues to be the most divisive President this nation has ever had.
    How can Obama trash Romney for his supposed role in Bain and sending jobs overseas when his own "jobs czar" has more than half of the GE jobs off US soil?
  • EricJM J 2012/07/18 08:48:20
    EricJM
    GE has a worldwide presence, they have to, but they have also been creating many jobs in America, especial in my state in NY. And I'm not disillusioned, our Leader has a lot of work to do, but that is to my point of the problems he faces having a conservative legislative body who denies every idea. At my age, I have now been through three conservative presidents, and at the end of their runs, the country has always fallen apart and gone into a financial downfall hurting the working class, but profiting big business(and none of this is tax related), but our demcratic presidents have always tried to successfully fix it. To be so blinded by your own party that you can't learn from the past only hurts you and other Americans. A leader who wants to help is a good thing and something we should all want. I loved Reagan, but once I started to see through the seams, I realized how dangerous it was for the working class and the unity of the country. Business cannot control politics. Period. I am not a hater or trying to insult you by any means. There's enough of that going around. But how can you seriously look down at a President whose only goal is to want to fight for those that don't have?
  • J EricJM 2012/07/18 15:56:27
    J
    +1
    So it is acceptable for Obama to send jobs overseas (and tax monies), but it is abhorrent if Romney does it with private equities? And this country, if you will open your eyes, has NEVER been so divided - by race, social status, religion, culture, education, etc. Thanks to Obama. I want a President who does what is best for the country. I want a President who will encourage those who haven't, to do; and appreciate and reward those who and have done. I want a President who UNDERSTANDS economics. I want a President who puts AMERICA and AMERICANS first. I want a President who isn't such a blatant liar.

And I have witnessed 12 Presidential elections. Have LIVED 9 different President's "lame duck" and preceding months terms. Citizens are always leery before elections. But, if you will get real, things have NOT improved, only worsened under Obama's watch.
  • EricJM J 2012/07/19 02:33:48
    EricJM
    "But, if you will get real, things have NOT improved, only worsened under Obama's watch" goes right back to my first response. Romney wins, banks and business will be glad a black man is out of office and things will pick up, but it's all optics, because I can wager that it will be more of the same policies that have failed all Americans of working and middle class since the 80's.
    .
    Also, what jobs is Obama sending overseas? Really? You seriously believe that? He, and any president, is not a job creator, save for federal jobs, and that always limited to economics. As for our tax dollars overseas, every president in history has done that - EVERY. They can provide incentive for Amercan investment, but in case you failed to notice, Congress isn't letting him. That would be your Conservative Congress. It's your Kool-Aid I'm not drinking.

You state your company built the roads, the company you invested in, bought equipment for, and hired workers for, workers who I assume weren't "little people sitting on their a$$es collecting checks." But you thrived, in part, because of incentive and the government's investment in you. That's what he wants to do for you, don't you get it. You literally wrote that yourself. But he cannot do that thank to a frozen congress who doesn't care...

.

You state your company built the roads, the company you invested in, bought equipment for, and hired workers for, workers who I assume weren't "little people sitting on their a$$es collecting checks." But you thrived, in part, because of incentive and the government's investment in you. That's what he wants to do for you, don't you get it. You literally wrote that yourself. But he cannot do that thank to a frozen congress who doesn't care what you want, and a too big to fail banking system that would rather sit on its profits than provide work and additional investment.

You build roads with your company? Then fill out some NY State(you know that Blue state) bids, they are improving the roads, sidewalks, bridges, subways, neighborhoods, schools, highways everyday. I know, I have to ride through them all year. Maybe your just not living in the right place? Or, are you just "sitting on your A$$ waiting for the checks to come in"? Face it, you just don't like a Democratic system, and maybe having a black president, I still think your a great person and American, I'm just not a Conservative. Read some of what Omni said, it makes sense. I'm also done posting on this subject. I have a successful business to run.
  • J EricJM 2012/07/24 17:56:08
    J
    Obama and the Democrats, mostly Obama, gave billions to GE, GM and both have more outside US workers than they do US workers. Those companies went outside the US because of taxes and unions. The government makes no money, but they employee people and spend like there is not tomorrow. Do you know where that money comes from? Do you know what taxes build the roads and bridges? Do you know what taxes pay for the schools?

You don't have a successful business to run. How dare you!!! You didn't build that business - someone else built it for you. You shouldn't take credit and you shouldn't think it is because of anything you have done. It is all someone else's work, initiative, and money.
  • Conserv... EricJM 2012/07/19 16:10:37
  • Omni 2012/07/17 07:36:03
    Omni
    +1
    This is what Obama said (transcoded by me):

"If you've been successful, you didn't get there on your own. I'm always struck by people who think "Wow, it must be because I'm so smart." There are a lot of smart people out there. "It must be because I worked harder than everyone else." Let me tell you something, there are a whole bunch of hard working people out there. If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help—[e.g:] there was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges; if you got a business, that-you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen. The internet didn't get invented on its own. Government research created the internet, so that all the companies could make money off the internet. The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, like fighting fires, that we don't do on our own. I mean, imagine if everyone had their own fire service. That'd be a hard way of organizing fighting fires. So we say to ourselves, "ever since the founding of this country—you know what, there's some things we do better together."...

"If you've been successful, you didn't get there on your own. I'm always struck by people who think "Wow, it must be because I'm so smart." There are a lot of smart people out there. "It must be because I worked harder than everyone else." Let me tell you something, there are a whole bunch of hard working people out there. If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help—[e.g:] there was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges; if you got a business, that-you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen. The internet didn't get invented on its own. Government research created the internet, so that all the companies could make money off the internet. The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, like fighting fires, that we don't do on our own. I mean, imagine if everyone had their own fire service. That'd be a hard way of organizing fighting fires. So we say to ourselves, "ever since the founding of this country—you know what, there's some things we do better together." That's how we funded the GI bill. That's how we created the middle class. That's how we built the Golden Gate Bridge, or the Hoover Dam. That's how we invented the internet. That's how we sent a man to the moon. We rise or fall together as one nation and as one people, and that's the reason I'm running for president, because I still believe in that idea. You're not on your own; we're in this together."

Either you have difficulty with reading comprehension, or you... no, you just have difficulty with reading comprehension. Refer to, "The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together."
  • Redneck 2012/07/17 06:27:52
    Redneck
    +1
    I used to try to respect the guy and the office because I know it's not an easy job, but after that statement, I have no respect for him what so ever. He's nothing to me.
  • kfallslady 2012/07/17 03:30:40
    kfallslady
    +2
    Add
    +1
    It's not called "lying" damn-it, it's called "the ends justifying the means." Saul Alinsky explains that sometimes you have to abandon the principles of right and wrong to get done what you want done. Remember, the ends justify the means and there is no such thing as religious dogma, right and wrong. Dogma is for losers. Did you know that Saul Alinsky's son wrote a letter to the Boston Globe after Obama's win in 2008 declaring that Obama was his (Saul Alinsky's) best student ever. That Obama proved Alinsky's methods work. Of course, he failed to mention that the Alinsky genius was simply learning how to be the biggest LIAR in the room. And I ask again, all you vociferous left wing Obama supporters, who many of you read Alinsky's books; Hell. how many of you even know who he was? Was he: a. A figment of Bush's imagination; b. a Chrysler built after Obama took over the company; c. A little red bug; or d. A commie community organizer worshiped by mostly dead leftists?
  • Apache 2012/07/17 02:40:24
  • BloodlessVeins 2012/07/17 02:31:12
    BloodlessVeins
    +1
    Both bosses and employees have lazy personnel in the groups. Isn't that a little unfair to call the working class lazy?
  • amazinggrace 2012/07/17 01:07:43
    amazinggrace
    +3
    democrat donkey I am sick of this commie jackass. I have libs telling me that I have a business because of all those great tax breaks I get.from our benevolent govt. like 10 years of my sweat and effort had nothing to do with it. I seldom get this angry, but he has crossed the line big time.
  • sick'n'tired PWCM 2012/07/17 00:51:29
    sick'n'tired PWCM
    +3
    What is just as alarming are the people genuinely defending it.
  • Georgia50 2012/07/17 00:34:41
    Georgia50
    +4
    Interesting how Obama wants all the credit for doing nothing, and wants everyone who did something to get no credit.
  • Brittany Foxx 2012/07/16 22:47:22
    Brittany Foxx
    +3
    He doesn't know anything about money. He got us from being 6 trillion dollars in debt to 16 trillion dollars in debt, more than the last few presidents combined.
  • jumpboots 187th PIR 2012/07/16 22:28:59 (edited)
    jumpboots 187th PIR
    +7
    If it wasn't for the government!!!!"" What a joke. And Folks he is a joke. Pictures of obama's overseas stimulus programs. And yes folks he did all by him self.. And he can't blame Bush for it. ddd
  • Mrs. V 2012/07/16 22:13:02
    Mrs. V
    +3
    Obama OUT OF TOUCH. OUT OF OFFICE 2012.
  • Dwight PWCM 2012/07/16 22:09:49
    Dwight PWCM
    +3
    He leaves out those who built the tax base every Government floats on. most infrastructure is built or improved Only after commerce creats a need for it. No trade=no jobs= no tax base= no need for utilities.
  • John Hall 2012/07/16 21:19:08
    John Hall
    +1
    I'm offended at the president and the people who buy into that crap . Just f#cking speechless .
  • Scott C 2012/07/16 21:07:40
    Scott C
    +4
    Agreed.
  • Lizzeh 2012/07/16 20:57:54
  • Kronan_1 2012/07/16 20:57:07
    Kronan_1
    +4
    Governments don't build nations ... People build nations. With or without the governments help.
  • morris44 2012/07/16 20:50:43
    morris44
    +2
    I think your customers actually paid for everything.

We should praise them.
  • angelbaby 2012/07/16 20:42:36
  • COCO angelbaby 2012/07/17 00:22:07
    COCO
    +2
    Yep,a big fraking IDIOT.
  • Tee Quake 2012/07/16 20:36:25
    Tee Quake
    +4
    You are not alone. It is offensive; especially for Al Gore who single handedly invented the Internet. Obama did not even give Al credit. I hope Al sues Obanana for slander.
  • Skylaris Alanis 2012/07/16 20:35:44 (edited)
    Skylaris Alanis
    +1
    quit bitching -_______-
  • Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA 2012/07/16 20:34:34
    Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA
    +6
    He's a liar. That's what community organizers do, LIE.

I think that he really believes that Al Gore invented the internet.

The only thing that the government does is take from those successful working people and give to those who don't work.
  • Tee Quake Torchma... 2012/07/16 20:51:04
    Tee Quake
    +3
  • kfallslady Tee Quake 2012/07/17 03:29:59
    kfallslady
    +1
    very well said I'm going to paste your thought to mine, I'm not good at getting my thought thru on politics thank you
  • Brittan... Torchma... 2012/07/16 22:41:28
    Brittany Foxx
    +1
    And don't forget, denying government assistance to those who actually need it.
  • Gracie ~Gun Totin' Gracie~ 2012/07/16 20:33:45
    Gracie ~Gun Totin' Gracie~
    +8
    He is such a stinkin' idiot! obama been lying
  • Southern Man 2012/07/16 20:33:38
    Southern Man
    +4
    Shut up dick weed you suck Bill Clinton is a Fool too
  • Captain Kirk~POTL 2012/07/16 20:26:05
    Captain Kirk~POTL
    +9
    The moron and chief!!
  • HarleyCharley 2012/07/16 20:21:43
    HarleyCharley
    +7
    I can't believe this idiot....

2014/10/24 20:46:02