I believe everyone is an artist in some form. What are you are artist at?

Jack's Pearl 2013/02/17 14:04:23
Writing
Expression by style
Musical (includes instruments and singing)
Entertainer/ Actor
Comedian
Debater
Dare Devil
Painter
Sculpter (clay, sand, ice...etc)
Architect
Religion
Story Teller (can be anything from the daily goings on to actual stories)

• TerryAgee 2013/02/22 20:27:41
    Writing
    TerryAgee
    +1
    I have completed my first movie script. Now, I have entered it in a contest. Wish me luck!
  • The Tree of Life 2013/02/22 02:35:38
    The Tree of Life
    +1
    Song-writing, guitar, and writing in various forms. :)
  • Ally 2013/02/20 04:06:44
    Ally
    +1
    and acting
  • foxy 2013/02/19 22:46:42 (edited)
    Painter
    foxy
    +1
    I joined an art club last year and I am enjoying it, considering when I was young I could not draw, I am doing quite well.
  • Serenity Guru of lurve *wink* 2013/02/19 18:58:38
    Dare Devil
    Serenity  Guru of lurve *wink*
    +1
    musician , comedian ,sculptor and a writer of different genres

I do not know why Dare Devil was clicked as choice but as soon as I start base jumping from the Eiffel Tower I will be sure to let you know ........lmfao my legs start shaking as I try to put Xmas lights on front of house , this man shouted to me "don't worry love , it looks great on the inside any way " he stood and watched as I had to admit defeat
    that's right because de-feet , de- elbows and de-knees were buckling beneath me and I was glad to get de-feet on solid ground ................lmfao...........
    scared of heights up ladder  gif
  • Erica Bryelle 2013/02/18 13:55:35
    Erica Bryelle
    +2
    either writing or singing or painting(:
  • Janus 2013/02/18 13:48:07
    Writing
    Janus
    +2
    And public speaking.
  • HipJipC 2013/02/18 06:40:25
    Painter
    HipJipC
    +2
    Along with writing, music, sewing and furniture refinishing.
  • philldclarke 2013/02/18 06:40:05
  • freakoutnow... cuz mom's here 2013/02/18 06:37:48
    freakoutnow... cuz mom's here
    +2
    I'm an artist at writing (poetry, short stories, and songs), music (I sing, rap, play guitar/keyboard/drums), and fashion/design.
  • TKramar 2013/02/18 00:39:49
    TKramar
    +1
    and BS
  • sazz 2013/02/17 23:55:08
    Writing
    sazz
    +2
    i did oil paint & water paint before but lately i'm into photography a lot more
  • Jerry 2013/02/17 23:24:29 (edited)
    Jerry
    +2
    ........... " I can sing, with just a microphone and no back up band, ( Tell Laura I Love Her ), ( Moonshadow ) , ( Wake Up Little Suzie ), ( Yesterday ), ( Send in the Clowns ), (Shilo),

( If Ever I Would Leave You ), ( I Walk the Line ), ( The Christmas Song ),( Mellow Yellow),

( Piano Man ), ( You Were On My Mind ), ( Rocky Mountain High ), ( Teach Your Children), ( This Boy ), ( I Am a Rock ), ( Sunshine ), ( Ebb Tide ),( New York, New York ) "

,,,,,,,,, just to name a few..... Animated Singer  Cat Stevens
  • Tanya Smith 2013/02/17 23:17:28
    Architect
    Tanya Smith
    +1
    I cand draft with CAD...
  • Amy Rose The Hedgehog 2013/02/17 23:14:02
    Writing
    Amy Rose The Hedgehog
    +2
    i love to write
  • lady blue 2013/02/17 23:13:17
    Expression by style
    lady blue
    +4
    I'm a really good hairstylist or so I'm told everytime I work and a really good cook.
    I went to school for hairstyling and makeup but the cooking is second nature to me.
    I taught myself to cook through reading a lot of cookbooks and experimenting with different dishes. If I have a passion for something I master it well as I have with both hairstyling and cooking. ~~
  • sneekyfoot 2013/02/17 22:18:20
    sneekyfoot
    +1
    talking people out of their money
    Expression by style
  • macbeth 2013/02/17 22:14:02
    Writing
    macbeth
    +2
    I'm a very lazy writer.
  • susan BN-0 2013/02/17 22:10:36
    Writing
    susan BN-0
    +3
    I used to write short stories,but I haven't really done to much writing for a few years.
  • David 2013/02/17 21:23:00
    David
    +2
    My excuses are very artful!
  • Recruit 2013/02/17 20:47:06
    Expression by style
    Recruit
    +3
    i create waterfountains
  • Lefty-Lucy 2013/02/17 20:37:58
    Lefty-Lucy
    +2
    And I love the idea that "everyone is an artist". There's untapped creativity in us all! I think the world would be a much happier place if people could stop and appreciate the artistry of life, and the artists within themselves :)
  • Buck 2013/02/17 20:34:00
    Architect
    Buck
    +2
    I believe every body is good for some thing
  • Cedric 2013/02/17 20:20:21
    Debater
    Cedric
    +2
    I love debating. I like philosophy and religion a lot. But that does not stop here , I can talk almost everything (Science , music , sports , politics)
  • Lorelei 2013/02/17 19:36:39 (edited)
    Writing
    Lorelei
    +2
    Actually I don't really consider myself an "artiste" at writing. More like a devoted hack, but there was nothing like "other" or "undecided" to click. :) However I do seem to be somewhat of a genius at confusing things and people and getting myself into trouble. Not skills that a lot of people are really hoping to develop but I've worked long and hard at it.

What?

confused
  • Marianne Lorelei 2013/02/18 13:34:15
    Marianne
    +1
    Don't worry, hard work is often not recognised. Allow yourself, as much as possible, to learn and do things you like. Sometimes, you must try different activities or take lessons. Don't say that you are too old. Follow your interests and inform yourself.
  • Lorelei Marianne 2013/02/18 15:23:45
    Lorelei
    +2
    I was kind of joking at "working hard", I'm ashamed to admit. I meant working hard at the "confusing things and people and getting myself into trouble". At least as I look back at my life it seems that's what I've been doing lol

I do dabble with writing just for my own enjoyment, but I'm somewhat sporadic about it. After retiring, you get kind of lax about regimentation, but I shouldn't really blame it all on that. I've always been kind of undisciplined and lackadaisical about certain things.
  • Marianne Lorelei 2013/02/20 06:55:29
    Marianne
    +1
    Don't blame yourself. Sometimes, struggling can be working hard, and stress is not good for performances. Many successful people have less merit than you, because they had proper help, better means or better training.

Many women are expected to be multitasking experts, but when they need help, they are considered unable or lazy, and when they work 18 hours per day and make errors or get sick, they are unable and could have asked for help - with nobody willing to help. Whatever one does, it is not good, there will always be people hacking on you. You might be good in grammar, but you are too slow as sprinter.
    You can learn things, improve yourself with proper training, but you can't compare with great champions who have the skills and were prepared since childhood.

Many people cannot chose their work or their duties, and their real skills are neglected. In many cases the natural rhythm is not respected.

You had certainly very hard times, and you have certainly not less merit than others.
    And now, that you are retired, it is your right to enjoy things and to do as you like, at your rhythm.
  • Lorelei Marianne 2013/02/20 16:16:14
    Lorelei
    +2
    Thanks for giving me something to consider :D
  • Marianne Lorelei 2013/02/20 16:44:43
    Marianne
    +1
    You're welcome.
    Have a great time!
  • Marianne Lorelei 2013/02/18 13:41:03
    Marianne
    +1
    By the way, are you interested in legends or history?
    Did you think of collecting legends, poetry and stories, like investigating into the theme http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...
    and, getting to poetry:
    http://poemsintranslation.blo...
    I hope that you enjoy poetry
  • Lorelei Marianne 2013/02/18 15:38:05 (edited)
    Lorelei
    +1
    Actually I read a lot, but mostly fiction, and that being a very narrow genre as in paranormal romance, as a rule but not exclusively. The stories I write that are Sims illustrated I refer to as my ongoing "soap" and I've been posting them on a blog. Started out as just talking about my Sims2 game and the characters I'd created which were based on the "great American novel" I was always writing on, also strictly for my own amusement.

After a couple years the blog has become a long rambling narrative with the Sims used mainly for illustration. It is only interesting to absolute fans of Sims fiction. It's been fun but now my game seems to have become corrupted so it's getting harder and harder to pay...a shame, because I have more stories in me, but the game is my inspiration

My sister is a published writer of both short stories and novels, and she held a class last year kind of a introduction to creative writing type thing. It was a lot of fun, only 6 of us at her home, but I came to realize more than ever that, to me, the details of writing made what was fun into a chore. Probably because I'm bipolar and I either can't stay on the subject or, conversely, I hyper-focus. Hard to be consistent.

Other than than I've had various "artistic" (but not "creative") hobbies through the yea...

Other than than I've had various "artistic" (but not "creative") hobbies through the years that I picked up and then dropped, among them: crocheting, making costume jewelry and so on...

I'm ashamed to admit I've never really gotten into poetry much. Which I wish I could have connected with since I've known people here and there who want me to read and comment. I always read but I don't know what to comment because half the time I don't know what they're saying (of course, that can be true with prose as well! lol). There are about 8-10 "poems" in my life that I connected to and I suspect they're due strictly to the subject matter, not for any intrinsic appreciation of the form. I'm always printing out words to songs I love, but that is not poetry. Thanks for commenting, it's always nice to know that someone out there is reading what you write :D even if it's just on an opinion website.
  • Marianne Lorelei 2013/02/20 07:18:18
    Marianne
    +1
    I think that you are doing fine - but these "paranormal romances" are flooding us, because there are too many of them. It is like the Japanese manga and these doll like people - there is too much of them, too much similarity, and I am missing great classics like social dramas, historical novels, animal stories, good fine or black humour with detective mysteries, or simply good, socially critical comedies - real life fiction basing on facts.

Maybe that this extract from an old persiflage will inspire you with a good laugh:

and also in this case, there are many obstacles ...
  • Tamara McMillan 2013/02/17 19:33:56
    Painter
    Tamara McMillan
    +3
    Paint with oils or enamels on any surface. . . learned how to do Reverse painting for the insides of shades or glass. Can paint anything except human portraits; but would like to take lessons to learn that as well.
  • Melicious Kiss of PHAET 2013/02/17 19:24:53
    Melicious Kiss of PHAET
    +4
    I paint with words. Used to be a pretty good writer, but seems I have lost it.
  • seattleman Melicio... 2013/02/18 11:13:58
    seattleman
    +1
    Ever try songwriting? I bet you would be good at that.
  • Hez 2013/02/17 19:24:17
    Comedian
    Hez
    +2
    I'm the joker in my little group of friends!
  • Cellar Door 2013/02/17 19:13:35 (edited)
    Painter
    Cellar Door
    +4
    Painting (and drawing), and some people tell me that my writing is good but I don't think I am. I wish I had better style, though.

painting drawing people writing style
  • Urchyn 2013/02/17 19:10:25

2014/08/01 08:02:05